TJ09

2014-09-20 - September Release

I know, I'm not a dork. Maybe it's got the wrong gender, maybe the sprites are the same. Should find out soon enough.

that isn't what I was implying you dorks look at the pose of the males that grew and the female

Sorry they look the same except for the wing patterns.

that isn't what I was implying you dorks look at the pose of the males that grew and the female

Play nice. tongue.gif

I think (we'll have to see) that the dimorphism isn't sex related.

Cheers!

C4.

Ooh they're gorgeous! I love them SO much, and I'm really surprised. Pyropes are probably my favorite, but I even like the Spessartines even though I disliked their orangeness as hatchies. Love the different markings. I really want to see the other adults now... and figure out the mystery. Congrats to TCA and Process. xd.png

I also kinda want to see those people who were speculating on names and guessed the correct ones respond. It was fun watching their theories (but less fun having to hold back and not give hints!).

Edited by Dimar

Play nice. tongue.gif

Cheers!

C4.

...I thought the entire definition of dimorphism was when an animal has differences between the male and female....

It does say that there's three different eggs for each color. Maybe there's three different colors with three different poses? So that's where the dimorphism comes from? Maybe like the black alts, but not as rare.

Hmmmm.

...I thought the entire definition of dimorphism was when an animal has differences between the male and female....

look at nebula alts though they have dimorphism and their alts look completely different from the same sex ones same with alt blacks

it may be something like that

Real world? Yes.

In DC? Dimorphism refers to different sprites and has in the past always been gender related.

Cheers!

C4.

Cheers!

C4.

ninja'ed

Edited by Eriklensherr

TCA, thank you so much for making them clearly intelligent - so much more scope for descriptions. The sprites are gorgeous, too.

It does say that there's three different eggs for each color. Maybe there's three different colors with three different poses? So that's where the dimorphism comes from? Maybe like the black alts, but not as rare.

Hmmmm.

Probably not, since TJ freezes hatchlings. He should just be freezing one of each since they aren't dimorphic as hatchlings, so only two poses per adult color. His regular pattern of doing that has been consistent for ages, so I can't see that being changed now...

(Of course, they may accidentally grow up now since that often happens, but since he's TJ he can revert them back to hatchlings and then freeze.)

Alright - my order for favorite on the Hatchlings went:

Red, Pink, Orange

As adults - in the rarest twist ever, my favorites go;

Pink, Red, Orange

I never like pink things - well done TheCompleteAnimorph for making a Pink colored dragon I actually like!

"These Pyralspites are more fun-loving and mellow than others, and are optimistic as a whole. Their preferred habitat is coastal areas."

These dragons are my people, always loved orange the most <3

Oh, wow, love them so far!! Just stunning! I think the alpine us my favorite, but they are all amazing! Can't wait to see the others.

"These Pyralspites are more fun-loving and mellow than others, and are optimistic as a whole. Their preferred habitat is coastal areas."

These dragons are my people, always loved orange the most <3

I love that I've seen people saying Almandines are their favorite, Pyropes are their favorite, and Spessartines are their favorite. I've succeeded if there are people who love each kind~

Oooh, so pretty! I love the markings on the volcanic variety.

Though I wonder, do the very different personalities of the three kinds affect their Avatar affiliations? Or are they all lumped together as a breed?

Really liking these new eggs. I have four of the Coastal and Volcano ones but have not managed to get any Alpine.

Why does it say there are 9 eggs? does this mean that it just implies 9 different sprites (hatchling, non gendered hatcling, and adult of all three eggs) rather than 9 final results? That's rather confusing.