TJ09

2014-09-16 - Preview: Home Page Refresh

I'm guessing there won't be any shiny updates to the mobile version, right? No clock or news?

Omg this is awesome! I wish I could see this on the mobile version! Great work TJ!

Edited by ElementalMistressLuna

Like! wink.gif

Really, this looks aweseome. Ideally, the dragon sprite shown for people who're not logged in - which might be potential new players, after all - will be chosen at random from all available non-holiday sprites.

Especially the News section on the site itself is, in my opinion, a very important new feature as it allows even people without forum accounts (and thus, no reason to check out the forums) to see the news when they enter the cave.

After browsing through the first page of replies

all hail lord recent news column

This exactly! I've been around for eons, before there even was a forum & choose to not post there often at all BUT I constantly have to check the "news" thread to make sure I haven't missed anything! My problem has been rectified, Thank You! ninja.gif

Sweet! It'll be easier to see the news instead of having to leave the site for it. Thanks TJ. smile.gif

Most computers are made widescreen anyway, I think adapting sites to reflect that is a good idea! Could probably stretch the whole screen so it's the same size plus the sidebar and it wouldn't change much anyway.

Oh, this looks great! Can't wait for it to become real.

I hope that the pic where the nhio dragon is will actually show a random adult sprite that changes every time you refresh.... :V but then again nhio's are beautiful...

Does anyone know if this will affect mobile as well or just desktop? I would love these new feature but I'm not sure if these will be for mobile.

Thank you TJ, I love the new look you're giving our tired out home page.

Thank you too for putting the forum news where we can view it all the time. I always forget to check the forum for the news and wind up missing the monthly release.

Thank you for all of the hard work you're putting in for us.

GreenDragonMama

Well done! Nice update to keep us better informed with less hopping from page to page, while keeping the dragon related pages full sized for a full view. Very thoughtful and much appreciated.

All these features being worked on lately make me happy. It's been years since we've seen so much being done for the site.