TJ09

2014-09-16 - Preview: Home Page Refresh

I do think it is time to update the site's style. I've been playing for a long time and even though the current style is ok it is dated. News feed is good addition, even better if "hide" button is added. However if things are placed as shown I fear that with the colourful painting (from the last news thread) in the background it will look really busy. Too mushed? cramped?

Plus if there's a log in form right in the opening page one should remove the "pick it up"-part from the cave opening text. Why have it there if the log in form is next to it??

You also see a pile of scrolls on the ground. If you'd like, you can take one to record your travels on, or if you already have one, you can pick it up.

Love the idea of the news being on the front page so I don't have to always check the forums. Can't wait to see all the new updates in action though!

The recent news is/will be a great addition. It would be even better if it displays when the Thuwed list would be open xd.png

Lovely! Thanks so much for the update. Especially for having the biomes more easily available if we're logged in. Brilliant!

Cheers!

Em

The recent news is/will be a great addition. It would be even better if it displays when the Thuwed list would be open xd.png

I think it would be the Chaooos. I would prefer if TJ could wait a random time (maybe a couple of weeks?) before open the list again. Let's say that he gives all the eggs requested on the list. It's ready to be open, but he waits anyway a random time to suddenly open it, so nobody will be advantaged because "they were on list before and they immediatly bump on it again".

I would also remind to TJ that there are users with many different time-zones. It's not good to open he list always at 12.00 AM of DC Time, since there are entire countries asleep at that moment who would miss the list wink.gif

I really like the 'Recent News' section biggrin.gif It would really prevent me from accidentally missing new releases when I log in to just check my eggs biggrin.gif

I think it would be the Chaooos. I would prefer if TJ could wait a random time (maybe a couple of weeks?) before open the list again. Let's say that he gives all the eggs requested on the list. It's ready to be open, but he waits anyway a random time to suddenly open it, so nobody will be advantaged because "they were on list before and they immediatly bump on it again".

I would also remind to TJ that there are users with many different time-zones. It's not good to open he list always at 12.00 AM of DC Time, since there are entire countries asleep at that moment who would miss the list wink.gif

Just pointing out that nobody can immediately get back on the list right after getting their egg anyway: TJ recently changed it so that you can't sign back up for 5 weeks. He also does open the list at a variety of times; Tawanda001 made an approximate timetable here.

I do agree that publicly announcing in advance when the list opens would be awful. Then everybody would be fighting to get on, and we'd still have the usual complaints of people with bad Internet having trouble. Randomly opening it would definitely be better to avoid chaos, like you said. >.<

Love the recent news part

Yes, this is honestly an incredible update, and will only help the site.

*snip*

I do agree that publicly announcing in advance when the list opens would be awful.

Guys... it was a joke. Bad joke, I guess unsure.gif

Guys... it was a joke. Bad joke, I guess  unsure.gif

Haha, there's nothing wrong with that. I was intending to point out the changes in the Thuwed sign-ups more than anything. :3