TJ09

2014-09-16 - Preview: Home Page Refresh

AMAZING! The most interesting part is that you add the line "... and then breed them to create interesting lineages..."

This is very important, so those who keep saying that lineages are not "officially" part of the game have a landmark, now. I think that the users are divided in two big groups: Those who care about lineages and those who not. This is the base for two completely different styles of game, and I think it would be nice and useful to know more accurate numbers.

I think that the new layout for the main page it's more "classic". I've seen many other adoptables with the same schematic order for the log-in and news. However I like it smile.gif

One question: Will the news be visible when you're already log-in into the site?

Edited by Naruhina_94

The "Recent News" thing is good. I used to not go on the forums at all, and some people don't do it now, so at least they will know about stuff like this and the releasees ^^

AMAZING! The most interesting part is that you add the line "... and then breed them to create interesting lineages..."

This is very important, so those who keep saying that lineages are not "officially" part of the game have a landmark, now. I think that the users are divided in two big groups: Those who care about lineages and those who not. This is the base for two completely different styles of game, and I think it would be nice and useful to know more accurate numbers.

I think that the new layout for the main page it's more "classic". I've seen many other adoptables with the same schematic order for the log-in and news. However I like it smile.gif

One question: Will the news be visible when you're already log-in into the site?

That's neither here nor there though. Note how it says "however you want". I could theoretically say that killing eggs is a legitimate way to play the game. I think it's way too early to talk about these things anyways.

With that out of my system, ooh the news links look good!

That's neither here nor there though. Note how it says "however you want". I could theoretically say that killing eggs is a legitimate way to play the game. I think it's way too early to talk about these things anyways.

With that out of my system, ooh the news links look good!

Of course! The important thing is that everyone is free to play as he/she wants, as long as are reasonable gaming styles and they are supported by DC. I love tht you can create your own scroll goals on DC since collecting and growing dragons is a perfect base for something else (Collecting codes, doing armies, doing lineages etc.. smile.gif )

Ooooh, I am loving the new mainpage idea, especially the latest news! Plus it looks really neatly stylized as well (and I think headers left aligned looks perfect)!

A: TOP TWO PAGES! WOOOO!

B: YAY! Thank youuu TJ09! *cyber hug*

Edited by Howitzersfriend

It's a little busy atm, but I do like having the login and news right there <3

Does the dragon image change? o: Something tells me it changes.

Yes, it does. The feature has already been implemented when viewing teleport links while not logged in. When I first discovered it, it was an Avatar if Change. I don't believe it changes on each refresh, but it does cycle through at least a few dragons.

Yay news on the main page!

... amused that I and others are cheering a new feature that I don't actually need nor will use, nor likely even see. But it'll be great for those who join and aren't aware or poke around on other pages enough to realize there are forums and support network*

The sprite is a nice touch. When the encyclopedia/some-official-wiki-resource comes into play, maybe clicking the sprite takes you to its page? (Just like a user - show 'em a new feature and they immediately ask for another ...)

Yay, a news column! \o/ Of course, I'm on the forum often enough that I won't need it myself but I'm super excited to see it on there for other people. (Just like the clock.) That was definitely a good addition.

It looks a little busy to me, but I'll gladly accept that with the news links on the Home page now. I'll get used to it.

Ooh, I really like that! That'll make things much easier for those who don't check the forums, or those who don't use the forums as frequently as the cave. I do agree that it looks a bit busy, though. I'd love if there was a feature to hide it, with it automatically reopening when there's a new news post, and being able to hide it with a click.

I would like to see what it looks like when you are logged in. I guess much the same except no log-in section? (Or, well, I guess you would need a log-out link, though.) I am almost never logged out as no one else uses this computer.

The biomes look a little squished to me with the news column taking up so much of the page. It shouldn't affect functionality, though, and I'll get used to it, I guess. I do kind of like PieMaster's idea of a "hide" feature.

Edited by purplehaze