igloo9201

Salmo Wyvern Lineage

Overview

One thing I've noticed is that wyverns don't have a whole lot of wyvern lineages, especially not the commons. Sure, some of the more sparkly ones get some love, but I think it's time to make a fun lineage that glorifies some common wyverns! So I formulated the idea for a lineage dedicated to salmon, one of the most common yet important and tasty fish known to mankind!

About Salmon

If you've ever eaten salmon, you know that it tastes awesome. REALLY awesome. Whether it's cooked on a cedar plank, smoked, baked, fried, it tastes good. Whether it has pepper, lemon pepper, or teriyaki sauce, it tastes good. Put in on a bagel, eat it with some rice, PERFECTION. But humans aren't the only ones who benefit!

In the Pacific Northwest, just about every component in the ecosystem is affected by salmon. Predators and scavengers like wolves, bears, and eagles eat it directly. The nutrients from the dead salmon are absorbed by nearby plants and soil, improving growth rate and nutrient density. Many aquatic species also eat salmon, like marine mammals, seabirds, and many others. Salmon is certainly a keystone species in many ecosystems.

Even though salmon seem quite plentiful in numbers, we are witnessing a rapid decline. Scientists attribute this to pollution, over-fishing, and unsustainable aquaculture.

About the Lineage

We are calling this the Salmo Wyvern Lineage, for it is dedicated to salmon (which I shortened to "Salmo"), it consists of wyverns, and it is a lineage.

All Salmo dragons will be descended from Salmo Glacier Gwaii and Salmo River Nechako.

user posted image ~X~ user posted image

BREEDS: We will be using Carmines, Flamingos, Trihorns, and Coppers.

We will be using the carmines and flamingos to represent the spawning phase of Pacific salmon.

The trihorns represent the salmon's ocean phase. They are black and silvery white, two colors that all species of salmon have in their ocean phase. They also have brown, which represents the ocean AND spawning phase Chinook salmon. The spawning phase of the chum salmon is also brown, so the trihorns really tie it all together rather nicely. And the turquoise is just pure awesomeness. One could say it represents the sea or something.

And Coppers can represent both, depending on which color of copper it is.

RULES AND GUIDELINES (subject to change, remember FEEDBACK)

This lineage will most likely be a stairstep lineage, traceable to a single pair of dragons.

All dragon names must contain the word "Salmo."

It does NOT have a mate-for-life rule. Just make sure to breed your Salmos with CBs of the accepted breeds.

No killing, abandoning, or freezing.

No attempted vampires, zombies, or neglected dragons.

No inbreeding.

No giving to anyone who isn't a part of the lineage without my permission.

Current Members:

Tmi489

Tiga

Esmeia

KittyHawkMC

Waiting List:

Heavenuniasus (Seemingly Inactive)

Dewdropmoon (Gettin an egg bred on Earth Day, and afterwards a 2nd Gen Salmo)

Stellaluna22

So, there you have it! If you’re interested, say so. If you have suggestions, say so (I've been screaming "feedback" for a reason, guys).

I hope that anyone who digs biodiversity or munching on these tasty fish becomes interested and participates in this lineage! I will be ready to establish our starting pair very soon. (:

Edited by igloo9201

Breeders:

Igloo9201 PM

Tmi489 PM

Banners:

By Anavi_Ivy

user posted image

[URL=http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=163651][IMG=http://oi59.tinypic.com/25zhsg8.jpg][/URL]

Edited by igloo9201

I forgot to notice that I already have a carmine (As second dragon BTW). I like the new font biggrin.gif

Edit: Its CB

Edited by Tmi489

That's great! biggrin.gif Is it a CB?

Thank you very much!

Also, I think this lineage is cool because of the different breed ans such...if someone wants to make a cool spiral, or breed certain breeds for so many generations, they can.

Dang it my hatchling gendered wrong D:. Time to get a flamingo to breed it with.

Aaaw, that burns. ;~;

Update: Will get the Members/Waiting lists up and functional.

With salmon being one of my all-time favorite foods, not to mention a very interesting species, how can I NOT join in? If it's okay, put me down on the list. :3

One question, though:

Do the CB mates have to have "Salmo" in the name? I know the offsprings must, but I'm not sure about mates?

With salmon being one of my all-time favorite foods, not to mention a very interesting species, how can I NOT join in? If it's okay, put me down on the list. :3

One question, though:

Do the CB mates have to have "Salmo" in the name? I know the offsprings must, but I'm not sure about mates?

Awesome, Esmeia! I'll put you on the list. (:

As for the CB mates, NO, Salmo does not have to be in the name. I maaaaay change this in the future, but for now, it doesn't have to be. ^-^

EDIT: Tried to breed an egg for Esmeia, but our Salmo's weren't in the mood. -_- My Trihorns have been highly asexual as of late....*sighs*

Edited by igloo9201

Awesome, Esmeia! I'll put you on the list. (:

As for the CB mates, NO, Salmo does not have to be in the name. I maaaaay change this in the future, but for now, it doesn't have to be. ^-^

EDIT: Tried to breed an egg for Esmeia, but our Salmo's weren't in the mood. sleep.gif My Trihorns have been highly asexual as of late....*sighs*

Thanks for clearing that up! I'm excited to see how far this creative lineage will go. <3

And no worries. I'm patient and can wait on an egg whenever you get one. :3

Thanks for clearing that up! I'm excited to see how far this creative lineage will go. <3

And no worries. I'm patient and can wait on an egg whenever you get one. :3

No problem! ^-^

Alright, thanks for your patience.

My new pair also don't want to mate. I got a pair:

Lucky Salmo Nechako x Male Or Fodder2

(Carmine and Flamingo)

Edit: Since I lost one egg that has no name, I renamed Male Or Fodder2 into:

Lost Little Salmo's Father

Edited by Tmi489

My new pair also don't want to mate. I got a pair:

Lucky Salmo Nechako x Male Or Fodder2

(Carmine and Flamingo)

That's unfortunate. Better luck next time.

What's with these abstinent wyverns?! Even my Fertilized wyverns are like "Nope!"

I'm so sorry. I forgot that I was egg locked and bred an egg. At least they finally bred. Check the Eggie By my Child to see it.

Edited by Tmi489

I'm so sorry. I forgot that I was egg locked and bred an egg. At least they finally bred. Check the Eggie By my Child to see it.

It's alright, accidents happen. ^^

I'll stalk it's timer and see if I can snatch it from the AP. Neither Carmines or Trihorns are really sought after at all, so I'm sure that we can get it back.

And you're right, at least they're breeding! I tried to breed my (FERTILIZED) pair the other day, and nutin'. None of my wyverns are breeding lately, not sure why!

Well, I found our missing dragon.

Her owner doesn't have a hidden scroll, but alas! She also doesn't have a forum account with the same username. :/

Our baby salmon is unnamed. Hopefully she will not be bred, because I doubt this person would breed by our rules.

On the very bright side, she isn't dead! She's safe on a fairly nice-looking scroll.

The lost little salmon.

Edited by igloo9201

I'd love to join! <3 IRL, I lub salmon! Almost more than shrimp. happy.gif This seems like a wonderful, compact little lineage, and it's not 70+ pages like the Z-Project.

Anyway, I'll run out and snatch some eggies when I'm unlocked.

Alright, KittyHawk, I'll add you to the list!

@Xoco

I looked at Coppers, and I do think that they would look nice in this lineage! It'll be hard to get CB coppers to use, but I'll add them as an option for those blessed enough to achieve such things.