DragonO

Breeding sorting

I always have problems when I breed my dragons. You click breed on one dragon and you are faced with an endless list of draggies. My dragons are always sorted by default (age I think) and I don't want to sort them by breed and then back again every time I want to breed. To have a Sort by: button on the breeding page would be nice or a name search. Maybe this was another suggested topic but I didn't know the search words. It bothers me and It's really annoying.

ooh, I like this. c:

Might have been suggested before but still, I like it. would definitely help me find certain mates, especially when breeding for the first time.

Currently I just use command+f (ctrl+f for windows) to find what I'm looking for. o3o So not really strong support for this, but still support.

A name search can be easily done with your browser via Ctrl+F, especially so because the breeding page lists ALL compatible dragons in one page, as opposed to the scrolls which are limited to 500 max per page.

Thanks for letting me know about Ctrl+F (I really should check the rest out), But still there is a situation where you stand at the page and say: What was that magi dragon called again?. And some people don't even name their dragons. I think breed listing would be very useful.

Thanks for letting me know about Ctrl+F (I really should check the rest out), But still there is a situation where you stand at the page and say: What was that magi dragon called again?. And some people don't even name their dragons. I think breed listing would be very useful.

Yes, that's pretty much why I do support this. Maybe not name sorting as much, since ctrl+f works for that, but definitely breed-sorting!

Yeaaaahhh there's no way I can remember all my dragon's names! Ctrl+F doesn't really help when you have soooo many dragons and a bad memory.

I'd love to be able to sort different ways on the breeding page... Maybe just all Hellfires, or... Whatever.

Sure. I support. Would a previous mate still be at the top of the list?

There should be more options when you breed dragons like a: "Previous mates" section listing all the prev mates for that dragon and maybe a show/hide button. All I'm saying is tha the breeding page should be a little more complex with more options.

It would even help if we could get the breeding list organized quite differently. Most of the time, we know at least the breed of the chosen mate for our dragon. And probably the lineage.

So, why not have one representative for all dragons of a breed on a scroll? One Black, one alt Black, one Black-Tipped and so on.

Now, if you click on the alt-Black, you get to see all available alt Blacks you can breed with your dragon. And then chose one of them.

Of course, those mates you have successfully bred your dragon with should still be on top, outside this menu.

I also support lineage links on the breeding page for just this purpose.

It would even help if we could get the breeding list organized quite differently. Most of the time, we know at least the breed of the chosen mate for our dragon. And probably the lineage.

So, why not have one representative for all dragons of a breed on a scroll? One Black, one alt Black, one Black-Tipped and so on.

Now, if you click on the alt-Black, you get to see all available alt Blacks you can breed with your dragon. And then chose one of them.

Of course, those mates you have successfully bred your dragon with should still be on top, outside this menu.

I also support lineage links on the breeding page for just this purpose.

That last part is also what I was about to suggest, because I always look for my CBs when I breed. Like I said, more options more controlls. To have one representative on the scrolls is a good idea, it's nice to have ypur top dragon s at the top of the page. There could be like a favourite button to mark your favourite breeding dragon. Oh and sorry for the typos I'm typing from my phone and it's glitchy.

A favorite button won't be necessary because previous mates turn up on top of the breeding list anyway, while rejects go to the bottom and are kind of grayed out.

In any case, tagging our dragons would be really helpful.

Edited by olympe

A favorite button won't be necessary because previous mates turn up on top of the breeding list anyway, while rejects go to the bottom and are kind of grayed out.

In any case, tagging our dragons would be really helpful.

The fav button will be availible to all dragons (exept pygmies, drakes and so on) the previous mates will be on only the dragon who mated with them. The grayed out dragons are alr eady there I think, but they disappear after a while. (I'm not sure about this) Anyway a tag or a fav button wont be used much anyway unless you're doing a breeding project.

Yes, it's already there - except the favorite button. But if you breed your dragon with only one or two mates, it's quite easy to pick your favorite out of the two topmost dragons in the breeding list. Which is why a "favorite" button isn't needed.

Sorting the dragons on the breeding list, having a previous mates list, a fav or representative dragon and a linege on the breeding page for every dragon. Thats all the ideas to inprove the breeding page. Anyone have any more?

I already said it and I'll say it again, this time in big, bold red letters:

We don't need a favorite mate button because the mate we used most often already is on the very top of the breeding list! Since all previous mates that didn't refuse go somewhere on the top of the breeding list, we don't need a previous mates list. *sigh* size removed. Size, color, and bolding is overkill and once one person does it, it often starts a flood. I don't want people getting upset and yelling at each other.

On the breeding page, all other dragons are already sorted just like on your scroll. Sort them by breed or color, and the mate is pretty easy to find within its breed. If you prefer the default, which is quite chaotic for anyone with more than a couple dozen of dragons, then you'll have to deal with it. (However - you can sort your scroll by breed and view it sorted by age when you're logged in. Maybe that will help you?)

A lineage link on the breeding page would help immensely, though. Right now, in order to have a peek at the lineage, you have to jump through several hoops that can be quite annoying - especially if you have several dragons to check.

I already mentioned tagging. If you could tag your dragons with things like CB/2nd/3rd/nth gen and maybe the kind of lineage (stairstep, staircase, checker, diamond, arrowhead, whatever), the number of breeds involved (PB, 2-breed-lineage, 3-breed-lineage...) and maybe the name of the breeding project (Thuwed, Dorkface, EPIC, yourownlittleproject), you'd have a much easier time finding the intended mate.

And, yes, breed representatives will help unclutter the breeding page. With my roughly 3000 dragons (not counting drakes, pygmies or unbreedables), I have about 1500 potential mates turn up whenever I breed a (regular) dragon. That's a lot to scroll through, especially for first breedings. I know there are people who have lots more, and I think it just might help with server load and slow computers loading enormous pages and the like.

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

I already said it and I'll say it again, this time in big, bold red letters:

We don't need a favorite mate button because the mate we used most often already is on the very top of the breeding list! Since all previous mates that didn't refuse go somewhere on the top of the breeding list, we don't need a previous mates list. *sigh* size removed. Size, color, and bolding is overkill and once one person does it, it often starts a flood. I don't want people getting upset and yelling at each other.

On the breeding page, all other dragons are already sorted just like on your scroll. Sort them by breed or color, and the mate is pretty easy to find within its breed. If you prefer the default, which is quite chaotic for anyone with more than a couple dozen of dragons, then you'll have to deal with it. (However - you can sort your scroll by breed and view it sorted by age when you're logged in. Maybe that will help you?)

A lineage link on the breeding page would help immensely, though. Right now, in order to have a peek at the lineage, you have to jump through several hoops that can be quite annoying - especially if you have several dragons to check.

I already mentioned tagging. If you could tag your dragons with things like CB/2nd/3rd/nth gen and maybe the kind of lineage (stairstep, staircase, checker, diamond, arrowhead, whatever), the number of breeds involved (PB, 2-breed-lineage, 3-breed-lineage...) and maybe the name of the breeding project (Thuwed, Dorkface, EPIC, yourownlittleproject), you'd have a much easier time finding the intended mate.

And, yes, breed representatives will help unclutter the breeding page. With my roughly 3000 dragons (not counting drakes, pygmies or unbreedables), I have about 1500 potential mates turn up whenever I breed a (regular) dragon. That's a lot to scroll through, especially for first breedings. I know there are people who have lots more, and I think it just might help with server load and slow computers loading enormous pages and the like.

Sorry, I didn't understood you before. Good point by the way.