Ayelldee

Conjectures About September Release

The release will happen when you are egg-logged. smile.gif

As long as we still get releases Every month, i can deal with it. I'm always egglocked but will just try and keep my scroll a bit free in weekends..

I'll wait till tomorrow morning, breed if there's nothing, then get unlocked again for next Weekend.

*check Saturday at 1* - nope. *check Sunday at midnight* - nope. *check Sunday at 1 (or as near as I can get online)* - nope? *wait a week* - rinse and repeat.

will just try and keep my scroll a bit free in weekends..

Plot twist: it's not a weekend.

Well, he said

Future releases will (very likely) still be on weekends, but may be scattered throughout the month.

So it doesn't have to be a weekend, but we're still expecting it more on weekends.

Well, he said
Future releases will (very likely) still be on weekends, but may be scattered throughout the month.

So it doesn't have to be a weekend, but we're still expecting it more on weekends.

... right, I forgot that part.

But it would be... interesting if he saw so many people expecting it on weekends and decided to screw everybody and drop it on Monday. xd.png

Edited by lazybug

... right, I forgot that part.

But it would be... interesting if he saw so many people expecting it on weekends and decided to screw everybody and drop it on Monday. xd.png

Then I'll deal with that too. I'm usually locked but with a lot of ap stuff so its mostly not a huge deal

The release will happen when you are egg-logged.  smile.gif

^This. Because that's the only good time for a release to happen. ;p That being said, I'm trying not to completely egg lock myself. I think I'm doing well by leaving an egg slot. I really should try for two slots. That being said, I *don't* miss the days of 4 eggs + 1 bred egg.

Edited by ytak

Well, TJ did say,

"This month marks the end of consistent beginning-of-the-month releases. While knowing when to look is nice, it also seems to have become a bit stale. Future releases will (very likely) still be on weekends, but may be scattered throughout the month."

So I'm thinking a weekend close to the end of September. I'm thinking the weekend of the 20th.

Edited by Meg_752

TJ  may have thought that scheduled releases were getting stale but this not knowing if/when/whether is frustrating. *check Saturday at 1* - nope. *check Sunday at midnight* - nope. *check Sunday at 1 (or as near as I can get online)* - nope? *wait a week* - rinse and repeat. I'm in a constant state of "will he/ won't he?"

And he could decide, after a fun Friday evening in California, that is time for a release, for example on Saturday 2 AM cave time :-)

TJ may have thought that scheduled releases were getting stale but this not knowing if/when/whether is frustrating. *check Saturday at 1* - nope. *check Sunday at midnight* - nope. *check Sunday at 1 (or as near as I can get online)* - nope? *wait a week* - rinse and repeat. I'm in a constant state of "will he/ won't he?"

I think it wasn't so much as they were getting stale as he just doesn't like us knowing *anything*. He's always played everything close to the vest, and I think it just killed him knowing that we knew when a release was going to happen.

I absolutely *hate* not knowing when to expect it, and pray that we get at least 48 hrs. notice.

does dc really add a new dragon every month? because with october coming up, i don't see why he would absolutely want to.

does dc really add a new dragon every month? because with october coming up, i don't see why he would absolutely want to.

Often it's multiples. The October release always has to do with Halloween, though.

Not always, though it seems like TJ tries to now. We've gotten September releases lots of times before. :U

We usually get 2-3 dragons each month. October, Christmas, and Valentine's are the only months without regular releases because of the holiday events + dragons. But September and all the other months around the months with holidays still get releases unless there's some large release that happens the month before. June of this year had no release because of the Avatars released at the end of May (and May had a normal release, Frostbites and Falconiforms, earlier in the month).

I think he will this month. November's will likely be later because of Halloween, but I do believe there will be a new release.

As everyone else has noted, he's trying to more recently. The best thing to do is to expect a dragon release during the month unless TJ posts otherwise.

to be honest, it's just not the same excitement anymore, having to guess, check, wait, hope, not knowing when to breed or rather not breed, I very much preferred the scheduled Releases.

I have several IOUs to breed, also I want to get as far as possible with my Seasonal Summer only Project (plan is to get to 8th even Gen next year). It's just a bit annoying not knowing.

I'll wait till tomorrow morning, breed if there's nothing, then get unlocked again for next Weekend.

This.

Really preferred the scheduled releases. Now I'm wondering if I should go hunting (and partially lock my scroll) or not, try breeding some IOUs (and risk to lock the receiver's scroll) or not...

Well, I think I'll wait till this evening, in case TJ decided to surprise everybody with a Monday release, and then start breeding as normal

I don't post much, but this last cycle of potential "random" new egg drops has been stressful and annoying, tbh.

Since the new releases had become scheduled, I'd been more active in the game than I have the entire time I've been playing.

Now that I have to stress out about a new release dropping after I use all my influences, or spend hours catching good eggs in the cave to only have to decide to drop them later, I'm not enjoying this as much anymore. sad.gif

That's pretty much how I feel. I like surprises and all, but I vastly prefer a schedule for some things. This is one of those things.

I do like the suspense, but trying to keep my scroll open is a pain.

Personally? I'm guessing that it'll be this weekend or the next.

But maybe that's just wishful thinking on my part...

That's pretty much how I feel. I like surprises and all, but I vastly prefer a schedule for some things. This is one of those things.

I'm the opposite - I've got enough schedules at work, so the fewer there are in my free time, the better. tongue.gif

I'm not at home this weekend, so it's probably going to be then biggrin.gif .

For some reason, after seeing the Preview topic on the News this week, I'm not expecting a release this weekend. As in: we got enough. I hope to be wrong.

I just hope for one soon. Basically I try to keep all egg slots free, 7 freezes (or 7 slots free) whenever a weekend is coming up in case we get a release.

I have a feeling like it might be tomorrow. o: Well, that is, technically later today for me (Saturday, 13th of September, specifically). Either that or next week. Really hoping for tomorrow/today/whatever!