Rhowyn

The Aquus Lineage

user posted image

This project was founded by Snowqueen in 2010!

Welcome to the lineage thread focused on breeding Horse Dragons to Waterhorses. These are the only two dragons allowed in this lineage, so if you like horses and dragons and dragons that resemble horses, well this is the lineage for you! Please read on for more information about this project, rules, and how to join!

How did I get the name? I struggled with it for a while and finally at the end of my rope I asked my husband what he thought. After running some of my lame ideas by him he finally suggested Aquus... It's a molding of Aqua (water) and Equus (the genus that horses fall into) and I think it's really very clever - the perfect name I had been looking for! Big thanks to my husband for his wonderful idea!

So let's get down to business…

Lineage Rules:

• No killing (that means no biting!) or dumping. Find someone to gift to if you don't want an egg/hatchie. If nobody within the project has room or does not want said egg/hatchie it is acceptable to gift it using such projects as the Giving Tree, Random Gifts, et cetera.
  • Freezing is acceptable should offspring gender incorrectly. If there's a problem with adult dragons (ie. accidental inbreeding) releasing is preferred to killing.
  • The main lineage is focused on non-inbred EvenGen breeding of Horses and Waterhorses. We have secondary projects for staircase, inbred, and purebred listed below if those are more your speed! These other formats/lines are subject to additional rules (see below).
  • You're welcome to participate in as many or as few projects as you like! Our primary focus, as stated above, is Even Generation, but that does not mean you have to participate in it if you don't want to. To be a full participant you need only work on one project, the one you work on is up to you. Want to work on them all? That's fine too!
  • Please be courtesy to others. This includes not begging for eggs, being prompt to respond to a breeder/gifter, and being respectful when you post in the thread or PM lineage participants.
  • In order to qualify for the lineage all dragons must follow the naming requirements and all starting pairs must be Caveborn. Since I'm sure many people already have dragons of both breeds that are named, your starting pair does not have to follow the naming requirements, but their children must.
  • The naming requirements are simple. You must put Aquus somewhere in the dragon's name.
  • No dragons from other active lineages or projects are permitted. Example of other lineages: Dorkfaces, Dusks, Thuweds, et cetera.
  • If you wish to be a supporter you must meet the following requirement: Have a lineage banner or link somewhere in your signature. All supporters will be marked with an asterisk ( this symbol * for those who may not know) in the Participant's List. Supporters are ineligible to request eggs from any of the breeders, however they will eventually be gifted offspring from the lineage as a thank you for helping spread the word!
  • In order to keep your personal Breeder List you must remain active within the lineage project Having a Breeding List is not a requirement to being a participant.
  • Please be prompt in responding to a requester and post updates in this thread frequently on the progress of fulfilling requests. If we do not hear from you within two weeks your Breeding List will be removed. You will be eligible to have it replaced the first time, after that your list will be permanently removed. If you are having problems filling a request please send a PM to Snowqueen immediately so I can help you.

TABLE OF CONTENTS:

1. Rules

2. Participants

3. Project Info & Records

4. Breeding Lists

5. Forms (and banners)

Edited by Snowqueen

Participants:

If you would like to be part of this lineage please post a message and I will add your name here. If you don't actually want to be a breeder or actively participate you may request supporter status. (See above rules for more information on being a supporter)

If your name has a strike through it this means that you have not posted in the thread for a long time and will be removed entirely at the end of two weeks. All names with a strike will be removed on ----.

The List

Snowqueen

wolfwindmoon

RopeyPanda13

Tiga

deblogan

heavenuniasus

Faerie_Fyre

EragonSaphiraRider

--------------------

Honorary Mentions

These are the people who were among the founding members of the lineage. Sadly many of them either don’t play DC anymore or stopped working on the lineage. However, their dragons live on in the lines of others. Dragons born from those owned by the following individuals are exempt from naming rules. (if your name is on this list by mistake, please let snowqueen know!)

MyHorseMyRules

thesecondringbearer

Pryanka

IvoryDragon432

Morgan

HoH

Blishful

Kat123

Voir

Naturewisp

Kallile

Edited by Snowqueen

Project Info & Records:

EvenGen:

Spreadsheet for Pairs & Offspring

The focus of this lineage is to create a 12th even generation offspring without inbreeding. Other than that, there are no other rules to this project, except those listed above. You're welcome to do any pattern that strikes your fancy or no pattern at all!

This is a shared project, which means we encourage and support egg gifting to help people reach their goals. Please see the breeding and gifting information in the next post!

user posted image

(click for larger view)

Staircase:

A side project to make staircase style lineages. How this is done is by consistently adding a caveborn dragon of a specific gender at every generation. Inbreeding is not allowed for this project! Both Horses and Waterhorses must be used. Aquus must still be in the name.

user posted image

(click for larger view)

Purebred:

A side project that focuses on breeding purebred EvenGen lines of Horses and Waterhorses. Inbreeding is not allowed! PB Horses must have Equus somewhere in their name and PB Waterhorses must have Aqua somewhere in their name. Or if you prefer, you can simply use Aquus.

user posted image

(click for larger view)

Inbred:

A side project for EvenGen inbred lines - checker being the preferred pattern. These dragons cannot be used in other projects. (the Caveborn starters can be used, so long as their offspring is kept separate) Aquus must still be in the name.

Please be respectful and responsible when working on this project! If you fail to get the breed of egg necessary to continue the line, try to gift it to someone (make sure they know it's inbred!) or freeze the egg once it hatches. Vampire biting is also an acceptable means of "cleaning up" breedfails for this project only. Don't have a vampire or all your bites are on cooldown? Snowqueen is willing to take eggs and return them to you afterward if the bite is successful, just PM her! (if anyone else is also willing to do this, please let me know and I'll start a list)

user posted image

(click for larger view)

Registration Forms:

See the Forms Post below!

Edited by Snowqueen

Breeding List:

Would you like an egg from one of the breeders? If so simply post with your request. (forms can be found in the following post) Be sure to make a note of which breeder you would like an egg from so that I can add you to their individual list. Understand that some breeders may restrict the number of people added to their lists so please check to be sure their lists aren't full before making your request.

Egg sharing is for the EvenGen and Purebred projects only! Staircase and Inbreeding are considered personal projects that don't really require offspring swapping.

Please do not kill the offspring you receive as gifts! This includes doing your best to avoid BSAs with a kill change (ie Earthquake)! Anyone found disregarding this request will be banned from requesting eggs through this lineage!

- Special Breeder Conditions -

Snowqueen: Please name your babies as quickly as possible, I don't like seeing them go nameless. *sadface*

Deblogan: I will have an abundant list of horse / waterhorse pairs capable of breeding 2nd gen eggs. Please specify which species should be male and which female.

EragonSaphiraRider: More than happy to breed for others who need another 2nd gen but I cannot breed specific breeds as the purple BSA wont work for me, it freezes my pc every time, so please be patient if you want a specific breed.

Official Aquus Breeders

Highest Gen being offered: 7G PB Waterhorse; 6G PB Horse; 6G EvenGen Mix

Snowqueen :: Scroll

Deblogan :: Scroll

Tigacat :: Scroll

RopeyPanda13:: Scroll

EragonSaphiraRider :: Scroll

Successful Giftings - 1

Snowqueen >> RopeyPanda13 - Annalee Aquus

Snowqueen >> heavenuniasus - EylTK

Edited by Snowqueen

Breeding & Gifting Forms:

Register a Breeding Pair:

Use this to form so that I can record your breeding pairs on our spreadsheets!

Note: Breeding pairs without offspring will be marked as unproven. This basically means that there's no guarantee any eggs will be produced (ie. refusals) and therefore unproven pairs are not eligible to breed gifts for other participants.

I Have a New Breeding Pair!

Female's Lineage Link:

Male's Lineage Link:

Example of Offspring: (Optional)

Project: (EvenGen, Purebred, Inbred, Staircase)

[color=indigo]I Have a New Breeding Pair![/color]
[color=#00adc1][b]Female's Lineage Link:[/b]
[b]Male's Lineage Link:[/b]
[b]Example of Offspring:[/b]
[b]Project:[/b]
[/color]

Register New Offspring:

Things to Remember:

- Please do not register eggs or ungendered hatchlings!

- You only need to register ONE baby (except for inbred projects, which require two). It should be the one you're using to continue your own lines. Babies bred as gifts do not need to be registered!

- If you included an offspring link when registering breeding pairs, then you don't need to register the baby separately. It will be recorded with the parents!

Offspring Registration!

Offspring's Lineage Link:

Project: (EvenGen, Purebred, Inbred, Staircase)

[color=#00adc1]Offspring Registration![/color]
[color=indigo][b]Offspring's Lineage Link:[/b]
[b]Project:[/b]
[/color]

Request Your Own Breeder List:

This is to be used if you would like to have a personal gifting list where only eggs from your dragons will be gifted to those who have specifically requested an egg from you. It is not required - Some stipulations apply (see rules for details).

I Want a Breeding List!

Your Name:

Scroll Link:

Number of Spots on Your List:

Highest Generation Being Offered: (If you have a 2nd Gen Breeding Pair, the Highest Generation of Egg you can give is 3rd Generation.)

Other Conditions or Notes:

[color=indigo]I Want a Breeding List![/color]
[color=#00adc1][b]Your Name:[/b]
[b]Scroll Link:[/b]
[b]Highest Generation Being Offered:[/b]
[b]Number of Spots on Your List:[/b]
[b]Other Conditions or Notes:[/b]
[/color] 

Request an Egg:

If you'd like to have an egg from this lineage project you need to fill out this form and post it. If you are not particular in which breeder you would like an egg from you may simply put "Any". Projects of course are: EvenGen, Staircase, Purebred, Inbred.

I Would Like an Egg!

Name of Breeder:

Name of Pair:

Which Project:

Will You Use Hatcheries:

If yes, which ones:

[color=indigo]I Would Like an Egg![/color]
[color=#00adc1][b]Name of Breeder:[/b]
[b]Name of Pair:[/b]
[b]Which Project:[/b]
[b]Will You Use Hatcheries:[/b]
[b]If yes, which ones:[/b]
[/color] 

Announce a Successful Gift:

If you have gifted an egg to someone, whether they are part of this project or not, it is your responsibility as the breeder to announce it here.

Egg Gifted Successfully!

Giver:

Receiver:

Offspring Lineage Link:

[color=indigo]Egg Gifted Successfully![/color]
[color=#00adc1][b]Giver:[/b]
[b]Receiver:[/b]
[b]Offspring Lineage Link:[/b]
[/color] 

Advertisement

Feel free to make graphics!

By Snowqueen::

user posted image

[url=http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=96595][IMG=http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd233/ARC97/Aquus_B2.gif][/url]

user posted image

[url=http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=96595][IMG=http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd233/ARC97/Aquus_B1.gif][/url]

user posted image

[IMG=http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd233/ARC97/Aquus_Avi1.gif]

By Pryanka::

user posted image

[URL=http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=96595][IMG=http://i45.tinypic.com/14tauzn.gif][/URL]

Edited by Snowqueen

Okay that should be enough posts. Thread is opening for posting, though it'll be a little while before I get all the info added! (I'm working, I'm working! tongue.gif)

EDIT: I've got the skeleton of the thread put up. I need to flesh out the sections and add some things here and there, but mostly it's finished. I'm heading to bed, but I'll be back to work when I wake up! ^.^

Edited by Snowqueen

*enters into the new thread* hello there! smile.gif

I'm joining! I will add my dragons in later, if not sooner or the next day (for me tongue.gif)

I should be able to take an egg tomorrow. I have an egg in the process of hatching right now and it normally finishes up by midnight for me.

EDIT: I should have an open spot for an egg by the time I get out of work, 11 pm, tonight.

Scratch that, My egg just hatched.

Edited by RopeyPanda13

Would you look at that, got an egg in the first try! And it is, in fact, a second gen! wink.gif I'm sending you a PM with the link!

Egg Gifted Successfully!

Giver: Snowqueen

Receiver:RopeyPanda13

Offspring Lineage Link: http://dragcave.net/lineage/JKJKJ

Now I'm back online I will be fixing up the front page info!

Edited by Snowqueen

You're very welcome, Ropey! biggrin.gif

I think I got the thread finished! What does everything think? Am I missing anything? If you have questions or comments I'd love to hear them!

Also, I didn't forget about you Tiga! Through the course of fixing the lineage info I got you added to the participant list. Welcome to the project! It's good to see a new face!

Oh dear, looks like I'd better log in and get working on mine again lol. Ill pull up my spreadsheet this weekend and dive back into lineages.

I Would Like an Egg!

Name of Breeder: Snowqueen

Name of Pair: Any except for JH Candide Aquus x JH Cunegonde Aquus

Which Project: EvenGen (I would love to avoid inbreeding if at all possible!)

Will You Use Hatcheries: Yes

If yes, which ones: The allure of neglected dragons, Egg Drop Soup

Edited by RopeyPanda13

I Would Like an Egg!

Name of Breeder: Snowqueen

Name of Pair: Any

Which Project: Evengen

Will You Use Hatcheries: Yes

If yes, which ones: ValleySherwood

PMs have been sent with eggies! wink.gif

Egg Gifted Successfully!

Receiver: RopeyPanda13

Offspring Lineage Link: http://dragcave.net/lineage/yTBLy

Egg Gifted Successfully!

Receiver: Tiga

Offspring Lineage Link: http://dragcave.net/lineage/AGALP

I won't be passing out inbred eggs, so don't worry about that! My inbred project will be kept separate from the EvenGen one.

Wolf, have you considered getting a breeding list? It's up to you, but do know I'd love to swap some babies with you! smile.gif

Edited by Snowqueen

How cool! This lineage is a natural for me biggrin.gif Please sign me up!

I Want a Breeding List!

Your Name: deblogan

Highest Generation Being Offered: PB Even Gen Waterhorse - 7th; PB Even Gen Horse - 6th Gen; Mixed - 2nd Gen

Number of Spots on Your List: 5

Other Conditions or Notes: I will have an abundant list of horse / waterhorse pairs capable of breeding 2nd gen eggs. Please specify which species should be male and which female.

I already have a large PB Horse Dragon lineage - most of whom have Equus in their name biggrin.gif So far Equus War Chief MacDubh is my highest gen - he's PB Even 6th gen.

All the MacDubh's and MacSuibhne's are on my scroll (all my males have MacDubh as a surname, while all my females have MacSuibhne). So if anyone would like an egg, just request a pairing of Mac's from Equus War Chief MacDubh's lineage.

As to Waterhorses, I also have an extensive stable of kelpies biggrin.gif None of them will fit this lineage as most are named for bodies of water in Scotland *lol*

I have a PB Even 7th Gen Waterhorse - Twin Falls 5E MacSuibhne - and every single dragon in the lineage is on my scroll, so feel free to request eggs from pairs in that line as well.

Now I'll have to get busy and combine those lines into a nice Horse / Waterhorse checkerboard. Yay! I love new lineage goals biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Welcome Deb! Those are both very impressive! I will definitely be hitting you up for babies later on (when I'm not locked hehe)!

Gonna be running updates later, I'll get you all added then! ^.^

I Would Like an Egg!

Name of Breeder: any

Name of Pair: any

Which Project: even-gen

Will You Use Hatcheries: yes

If yes, which ones: the allure of neglected dragons

I will also likely start my own inbred project for this later on.

Edited by heavenuniasus

Sorry I'm a trifle dusty, it took a while to find my starter pairs again. I kinda fell off the face of the planet for a bit, but I do remember loving this lineage. Permission to return?

heavenuniasus, welcome to the lineage! I've got you all added and marked you down on my breeder list. I should be able to breed for you tomorrow evening, will you be able to pick up an egg then?

Deb, I got your list added! <3

Faerie! It's so good to see you back! Permission granted, now get to breeding! And take a lint roller to your clothes, you've got dust all over yourself! Tsk tsk! xd.png

Question for everyone: Would you prefer to post breeding pairs/offspring in the thread or use the live forms from Google Drive? I've got the forms set up, but it seems no one is using them. unsure.gif

Personally, I'd rather post to the thread, however that may make too much work for you.

Do we all use the same intake form? Perhaps a post explaining how you'd like us to use it (and when) would be useful.

(Yes, I know, you're probably thinking we should read the first posts. I promise, I did read them biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif )

Question. To get a breeding list to I have to have caveborns to start it off or can they be dragons I got as eggs from this thread?

Egg Gifted Successfully!

Receiver: heavenuniasus

Offspring Lineage Link: http://dragcave.net/lineage/EylTK

Deb, it doesn't really matter to me. The forms would be the same. I basically just need lineage links, I can get everything I need from those. ^.^ I will work in the next couple of days to converting it to the thread, that probably is easier and less intimidating for people. And as I said, it's just as easy for me either way. smile.gif

Ropey, yes you should have your own caveborns I think. There could be some accidental inbreeding if people don't realize that your dragons came from other lines and got an egg from you that was a relative.

Ohkay. I'll work on getting me some cave borns then. I'd love to have my own breeding list to start with this lineage.

Edited by RopeyPanda13