USERNAME ERROR

The Gender Heavy Thread

(To start the discussion)

I'm trying to get a male Black Dragon. 3 females in a row. If I get another female, I'm going to name it Not So Awesumface (it was meant to be spelled wrong).

If you're having trouble getting a certain gender for a dragon, you should start gathering Pink dragons. They have a BSA called "Influence" where it influences the gender of the egg (must be an egg with over 3d on it or it you won't be able to use Influence) to the gender of the pink. So if you used a male pink then it would have a good chance to turn out as a male. I don't believe I've ever had any fails yet, maybe I have, but I don't remember and if I did, then it would have only ever been once or twice. I use it all the time for lineage projects, CB collecting, etc so I use it pretty often. A few have bad luck with it and have bad streaks here and there, but again, that is only a few.

As for what's on my scroll I currently have:

user posted image

For anyone that wants to know how to do that, just visit here. Look for the "Scroll Stats" tab and enter your scroll name. smile.gif Then look at "General Statistics" when you see options with "+" under where you entered your scroll ~ Must have scroll showing adults for it to work.

I'm currently pretty even at 215 Males and 211 Females. I recently had a batch of hatchlings that were all female, but that was mainly due to influence.

Not enough Male Purple CB Ridgewings to start this lineage. *headwall*

Mine are pretty even as well (Adult male dragons: 106 and Adult female dragons: 116).

When I just started out a few months back, I had one or two batches that all gendered male, it pissed me off so bad haha. But it's balanced out now!

(To start the discussion)

I'm trying to get a male Black Dragon. 3 females in a row. If I get another female, I'm going to name it Not So Awesumface (it was meant to be spelled wrong).

You should breed it if it genders wrong again. That's why the Dorkface lineage is called that...

http://dragcave.wikia.com/wiki/Dorkface_Lineage

I currently have

1602 males

1572 female

But I influence almost all my dragons, so rarely I get one gender wrong (only in case of an influence-fail)

If you want to work on lineage, or to look for mates of your dragons, I suggest you to start collect a good number or pinks (at least 5-6 or each gender), so you can use them to influence the gender of your dragons

Males: 1888

Females: 1912

Not too far off for the fact that I rarely influence. I am always slightly female heavy for whatever reason.

For some reason my first 6 Red dragons all gendered male, without influence, so for the longest time I legit thought all Red dragons were male. Then I saw my sis' scroll and was like, woah, you have female Red dragons. But my ratio for Red dragons is still pretty skewed:

Male: 13

Female: 2 (including one I influenced to be female)

Um, sure.

Edited by lazybug

But...but.. ALL you have to do is collect/breed Pink dragons who can Influence them to be what you'd prefer. It only fails once in a while.

As well as pinks, you can also try the threads Influence for Me and the Hatchie didn't gender right threads (we also have a BSA Gifting thread if you need help getting BSA dragons). :3

~

I used AoND to check my stats. I influence many of my eggs but not all of them. Recently, I've had a lot of projects where I'm collecting males but not as many females, so it's no surprise I currently have slightly more males.

Males 1,884

Females 1,856

Which is a 1.02 ratio!

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

Since I can remember, my scroll has been female heavy. At the moment, I have 50 or so more females than males. xd.png

But...but.. ALL you have to do is collect/breed Pink dragons who can Influence them to be what you'd prefer. It only fails once in a while.

Meh, that is assuming you want to bother. Unless I have something specific I need, new releases, or am exceeding heavy in one gender in a certain species I let them gender as they will. As well as the fact that I find it interesting how they DO seem to stay fairly close to 50/50 overall WITHOUT artificial intervention.

I've got 873 males and 921 females. I've always known I tend to have slightly more females, but then again I influence practically everything based on lineage or CB necessities anyway. It varies a lot among breeds... for instance, I don't have a single male Spitfire whereas my Teimarrs are 75% male. It mostly turned out that way due to lineages.

My scroll itself is not skewed towards one gender (234 adult males, 239 adult females currently), but I have specific species that are. I only have a handful of most species though, and the ones I do have quite a few of (hellfires, horses, hellhorses and reds) have active breeding projects which create a balance of genders.

When I first started I had a 2:1 male:female ratio. I couldn't get pinks to hatch female. I had to hit BSA Gifters for a few female pink Hatchlings to fix my issue. If you are going to start this topic, I would recommend linking the advised sites in your first post since people with this issue may need that info badly. Especially since the nice Influence Volunteer thread (linked by Socks ) isn't very old and it's a really great service they offer, often free especially those without resources.

Having had a lot more dragons, I find the ratios seem better at regulating themselves. However, this is the reason I tell people to build the red, pink and Magi armies early. The one thing people will never regret is BSA armies early!

I seem to get lots of girls, even outside of influence.

Currently I have 379 males and 386 females- fairly even, especially since I've been trying to even out my ratios for adults and frozen hatchlings. But seriously, when I just let them gender I seem to end up with more females, which is why I seem to be low on male Pinks for influencing. XD

Currently I have 298 males and 300 females. I influence everything, with only a few exceptions.

I have a few more males influenced in my hatchlings and current egg batch, so it will probably be a bit male heavy shortly. Nothing too far off, though.

Overall, I have a roughly equal amount of males/females (57/60). My pygmies, however, are 2/7, with the two males being among the last three I acquired. dry.gif

At first I had WAY too many male pygmies. It took until January while keeping several at a time to get a female...