TJ09

2014-08-29 - Multi-Sort!

Hmm. Originally, I was thrilled - and went to try it out at once. However, the feature is slightly buggy. When I tried to move all my Christmas dragons at once, I often accidentally moved the already selected few dragons to the position of the dragon I wanted to select next. And that despite the fact that I kept the CTRL-key pressed.

It's a shame, really, but this way, the feature is totally useless for me as it causes more of a hassle than the regular sorting. sad.gif

Could you maybe do the drag & drop thing (with CTRL to combine the content of several frames)?

Edit: Now it seems to work fine. No idea what caused this. Maybe my computer is too slow?

Edited by olympe

Thank you for the updates, TJ, but...

I'm using Chrome and it won't let me drag and drop in custom sort at all. When I try, it looks like the egg/hatchling is moving, but it has the "no" sign (circle with bar through it) and the egg/hatchling just pops back to where it was when I let go. It worked in Firefox, though.

I'm having the same problem except I haven't tried it in alt custom sort, just regular custom sort (correction from previous note). I switched to IE and it worked rather sluggishly and clumsily, which included moving even a single dragon. Haven't tried it in FF. I've cleared my cache and cookies, logged in and out, without any improvement in Chrome or IE.

It should work this feature with the Alternate Custom Sort ? It doesn't for me.

Also I'm having troubles eves for just using it normally. I've click and drag manually each one of my dragons, but when I click Save Custom sorting to save new arrangement my dragons rebel against me and they go back to the previously place. sad.gif

EDIT: My dragons listen to me and stay in the new place where I've dragged them only if I use the Custom Sort or Legacy Custom Sort

Edited by Naruhina_94

Also I'm having troubles eves for just using it normally. I've click and drag manually each one of my dragons, but when I click Save Custom sorting to save new arrangement my dragons rebel against me and they go back to the previously place.  sad.gif

EDIT: My dragons listen to me and stay in the new place where I've dragged them only if I use the Custom Sort or Legacy Custom Sort

Alt Custom Sort works for me with the new feature - it's WONDERFUL smile.gifwub.gif Thanks, TJ - some major sorting I have been putting off has been - sorted ! xd.png

Hmm. Originally, I was thrilled - and went to try it out at once. However, the feature is slightly buggy. When I tried to move all my Christmas dragons at once, I often accidentally moved the already selected few dragons to the position of the dragon I wanted to select next. And that despite the fact that I kept the CTRL-key pressed.

It's a shame, really, but this way, the feature is totally useless for me as it causes more of a hassle than the regular sorting. sad.gif

Could you maybe do the drag & drop thing (with CTRL to combine the content of several frames)?

Edit: Now it seems to work fine. No idea what caused this. Maybe my computer is too slow?

OOH !

When I alt > custom sort, I let the ctrl UP once they are selected and I start to move them. Could that be the problem ?

Edited by fuzzbucket

Haha, it's just a joke. "Stray" pixels, like stray dogs or cats. Get it? :3

lol. Eventually got it, thanks<3

Also I'm having troubles eves for just using it normally. I've click and drag manually each one of my dragons, but when I click Save Custom sorting to save new arrangement my dragons rebel against me and they go back to the previously place.  sad.gif

Try hard refresh (Ctrl+F5) if it doesn't work. I don't know why but it works after I did this. smile.gif

Edited by Shelybear

Shelybear  Posted on Aug 30 2014, 08:53 AM

Try hard refresh (Ctrl+F5) if it doesn't work. I don't know why but it works after I did this

Thank you and everyone else who has tried this and said it works! It did for me!

Also I never knew about the (Ctrl+F5) feature so I learned something new also

Edited by Merlot

Isn't really that useful to me since I use Legacy sort.

Still, it's good to see that the dismal state of sorting is getting some attention.

Thank you SO much, TJ! I've been wanting this feature for a very, very long time. It's going to make sorting so much more easy.

I really don't know where is this feature. :/

If you mean the sorting, click Account at the top of your scroll. Then down the left side, click Change Sort Order. It will offer you options on how to sort.

*rocks back and forth, hugging self and crying in ecstasy while muttering*

It happened...It finally happened...

SORT ALL THE DRAGONS!!!!

Calm now. Thank you so much, TJ!!! You have saved me hours of frustration and procrastination, as well as a few bucks on carpal tunnel braces. xd.png

I've been going through and sorting some dragons that have been waiting awhile. I must say this is an awesome addition. At first it seemed fiddly to get it to work, but someone suggested hitting Ctrl-F5 and that worked. I click a dragon, hold shift if I want to add several in a row to the selection or ctrl if I want to add one at a time to the selection (such as if they're not next to each other but I don't want the ones in between) then once the ones I want are selected I let go of ctrl or shift and then drag them to where I want them. It works perfectly, highlighting them so I can see which ones I'm moving.

Thank you, TJ.

If you mean the sorting, click Account at the top of your scroll. Then down the left side, click Change Sort Order. It will offer you options on how to sort.

Thank u so much! Now I can see it xd.png

Hmmmm. It's not liking my efforts, even using all suggestions laid out here. I've tried in two different browsers, and same results.

And yes, I've even tried being nice to it. xd.png

Update: Never mind. It now behaves. I had to give it a bit of a moment to settle down.

Patience. Don't let your excitement get ahead of you. tongue.gif

Edited by blackdragon71

Try hard refresh (Ctrl+F5) if it doesn't work. I don't know why but it works after I did this. smile.gif

This fixed it for me as well, for some unknown reason. Not refreshing the page or going to it multiple times, but the hard refresh made it work. And now it works every time.

Edited by WatersMoon110

This fixed it for me as well, for some unknown reason. Not refreshing the page or going to it multiple times, but the hard refresh made it work. And now it works every time.

A Hard Refresh clears the cache, which is what saves all the images you have viewed. Clearing it could help lots of visual issues, such as the sorting one.

Yes! Thank you so very much for this! I'm so glad this has become introduced. It will save a lot of time in the future!