TJ09

2014-08-29 - Multi-Sort!

I'm confused:

The Freeze section of the actions help page will show a list of recently-frozen hatchlings, and when they were frozen.

It just shows the usual help page for me...

It's working for me.

From here, I definitely see this for my hatchlings:

http://i62.tinypic.com/2wbrgw6.png

Obviously others will see different things, depending.

I do think it should sort the other way, though. Have the most recent at the top. I was somewhat confused for a moment when I saw the hatchlings that were frozen a while back up there.

Are you sure you've frozen hatchlings in the past two weeks? You definitely went to "Freeze" under the "Actions" section and not "Frozen" under the "Terminology" one?

Mine definitely still says 10 times though. :P I think that was the original limit, wasn't it? I can't remember.

Edited by edwardelricfreak

Just for the record: alternate custom sort works for me now, after a hard refresh (Ctrl + F5) in Firefox (should work with other browsers as well).

I had rebooted the system, cleared cache + cookies, de-/reactivated scripts, but forgotten the hard refresh. rolleyes.gif Again, thanks for the pointer, Idril!

Just for the record: alternate custom sort works for me now, after a hard refresh (Ctrl + F5) in Firefox (should work with other browsers as well).

I had rebooted the system, cleared cache + cookies, de-/reactivated scripts, but forgotten the hard refresh. rolleyes.gif Again, thanks for the pointer, Idril!

The hard refresh worked for me too, fortunately. The alternate custom sort works just fine now.

Thanks!

That's odd. All a hard refresh does is ignore cache. Perhaps you didn't actually clear the cache? (Firefox's default "clear cache" behavior is to only clear it for the past hour or so).

I do think it should sort the other way, though. Have the most recent at the top. I was somewhat confused for a moment when I saw the hatchlings that were frozen a while back up there.

Presumably, if you care about your freeze limit and how close you are to it, the dragons that are closest to not counting anymore are more relevant than the ones that are going to count for a while.

Presumably, if you care about your freeze limit and how close you are to it, the dragons that are closest to not counting anymore are more relevant than the ones that are going to count for a while.

True, but generally it just seems like it makes more sense to take them off of the bottom than having everything moving up. I like seeing that "ok, this was most recently frozen, that stuff on the bottom can almost be totally ignored". Or something. I don't know, I just think it makes sense that the oldest stuff just falls off the bottom anyway. o3o

That's odd. All a hard refresh does is ignore cache. Perhaps you didn't actually clear the cache? (Firefox's default "clear cache" behavior is to only clear it for the past hour or so).

Yeah, I had used the default "clear cache", but wasn't really sure it would make much of a difference because all other options worked fine... rolleyes.gif So glad I got this sorted out, and thanks again for the new features!

Oh thank god for that. It's a massive pain to rearrange my scroll one at a time when I have over a dozen of each gender and type. Now it'll be super easy! biggrin.gif Thank you!

Amazing! The multiple sort is all what I needed. Perfect for big scrolls ^^

Thanks TJ!

Thanks, TJ! smile.gif

(It's working for me in Firefox, but extremely slowly - not sure if that's the site or my browser.)

Ahhhh!! this is perfect!! Thank you so much!

I am long over due to add my dragons to my list and sort them, but I always put it off because I have so many to add >_<

This will make it so much better for me!!

-terminallypisces

My scroll had a bad time right after I heard the news.

First, none of the dragons moved in all the sorting ways.

Then I changed the sorting type: only one dragon could be selected each time, but the "save sorting" didn't work (the dragon was back to its initial position).

Finally I followed an advise from here, used the refresh button and now it's working well. Sometimes one dragon overlaps another, but then another F5 solves the issue.

Thank you very much for the update, TJ. smile.gif

PS: if that matters, I use Chrome.

Way cool TJ thanks this will be a big help for me biggrin.gif

Thank you for the part of named dragons on the teleport page. Even though I know that, it'll be really handy for everyone.

Wewt! I'm not going to personally use it, but this is going to be a huge boon to people who need to sort lots of dragons. :D

OH MY GOODNESS THANK YOU for the multisort sorry for caps but this is very happy make me

So happy I can't type proper grammar. xd.png

Having over a thousand dragons makes this immensely useful!

I've never used any of the Custom Sort options since I hated trying to arrange them, but this does make it easier. I went and reorganized my scroll the way I've always wanted to; hopefully I can stick with it and not get lazy. Still took a while, but it's nice... so I'm glad this was implemented, thank you.

Also I alphabetized my Sweetlings. That is a lifesaver. x3

OH MY GOODNESS THANK YOU for the multisort sorry for caps but this is very happy make me

So happy I can't type proper grammar. xd.png

Having over a thousand dragons makes this immensely useful!

I know! I can't claim that I have anywhere close to your number, but this is so handy.

OMG! laugh.gif YES! I needed this in my life! xd.png

This will make things SOOOO much easier now.

THANK YOU! biggrin.gif

Edited by HaloGoddess