TJ09

2014-08-29 - Multi-Sort!

That's a great new feature, thank you! But there seems to be a bug, at least for alternate custom sorting: whenever I sort dragons and click on the save button, they go back to their previous order. Tried this multiple times, the new postitions are not saved....

This.

Great to see a suggestion being implemented at last. Thank you!

This.

Ctrl+F5. Try that, and then if it doesn't work for you, try a different browser. Also, give the pixels a moment to settle into their new spots before you save.

I think I'm wearing out my "Shift" and "Ctrl" buttons. xd.png

Ctrl+F5. Try that, and then if it doesn't work for you, try a different browser. Also, give the pixels a moment to settle into their new spots before you save.

Despite the help topic on the matter being closed, I still can't use Alt Sort in my chrome browser, no matter how many hard refreshes, cache cleans, reboots, updates...etc.

Guess they'll just have to stay unsorted as I find Custom and Legacy sorts a pain and I'm not going to switch to a slower browser. Not the end of the world lol

This new sort is very convenient. It allowed me to re-organize my scroll quickly and to sort some dragons that I never bothered sorting because it was too time-consuming. Now it is so easy to move large groups of dragons up and down my scroll. Thanks a lot!

Are there any plans to also improve the automatic sorting? I would love having some automatic sort with multiple criteria instead of only one as right now. For example:

• Put all eggs and unfrozen hatchlings at the top or bottom
  • First, sort by breed release date (ascending or descending) instead of breed name
  • Then for all those of the same breed, sort by growth/maturity (adults, frozen S2 hatchlings, frozen S1 hatchlings)
  • Then sort by gender (females, males, no gender)
  • Finally, sort by date (when each dragon was bred/caught)
Alternatively, sort by breed rarity instead of breed release date. Or sort by color. But the next criteria would be the same for me: growth, then gender, then date.

I see that some people sort by growth then by date, regardless of the gender. Others sort by gender first, then growth, then date. Being able to specify multiple sort criteria and the order in which they should be applied would be really great.

I can't thank you enough for the Multi-Sort feature! It sure makes things a lot simpler and faster!!

WOW

I have noticed that all my new dragons are being entered on to my scroll BELOW the adult that I have been trying to get to stay at the top for ages.

I hope this is permanent and not a glitch. I love it Thanks TJ

oh and thanks for the multi-sort as well soooo very nice biggrin.gif

As someone who sorts manually allow me to express everyone's sentiments:

MOTHER OF ALL THINGS HOLY PRAISE THEE TO THE HEAVENS TJ FOR THOU HAVE DONE THE WORK OF THE LORD. Or lords. Whatever you believe in, man.

Tried the multi-sort changed with my new batch of adults and it works like a charm! Saved so much time than just dragging on tile at a time.

Really liking this new update! It becomes SUPER helpful, especially when you start having hundreds of dragons.

Now I can finally get some order to my scroll! This is wonderful. Thank you so much, TJ!!!

• Clicking an abandoned egg twice (or otherwise reloading the page after already owning the egg) should redirect you to the "get code" page rather than showing a message that the egg/hatchling isn't abandoned.

Hooray! This makes AP hunting so much easier for me. I frequently accidentally refresh after getting an AP egg, or click twice on it, and I have to go and check if I'd missed the egg or actually got it before going back to hunting.

Thanks, TJ! biggrin.gif

FABULOUS it is - it even works !

Now can we please have a way to look at all our refusals between times pretty please ?

Nothing like never satisfied, is there xd.png

Nothing like never satisfied, is there xd.png

This happens when people deliver what they say they will deliver. There is always room for improvement!

Hmm. Not sure if this is a glitch or not.

New eggs are now coming in below my top dragon. I'm finding this a bit annoying.

If it is a gltch I hope it's fixed soon. If not then D'oh! Cause it's going to drive me nuts.

The multi-sort is cool though. smile.gif

Edited by Cireth

New eggs are now coming in below my top dragon. I'm finding this a bit annoying.

If it is a gltch I hope it's fixed soon. If not then D'oh! Cause it's going to drive me nuts.

Actually, this is a feature that I love beyond words- I hope it's not a glitch. My message dragon stays at the top . I know there are others who like something at the top besides eggs/hatchies biggrin.gif

Edited by dragonpuck

I hadn't noticed this because my top dragon is a zombie hatchie and most of the time I don't see her. When I go to custom sort I see what you mean. Obviously it doesnt affect me much, but I can see that it would be nice for those who try to keep one particular dragon at the top of their scroll. Sorry you don't like it. I imagine there are others who feel that way, too. It seems changes always please some and displease others.