TJ09

2014-08-29 - Multi-Sort!

Oh... my...

I have been waiting for multi-sort for so many years. I am so happy I don't even know how to react...

Thank you TJ.

I just used both ways (shift and the cntl) to sort my dragons using the Alternate Custom Sort. It worked wonderfully with my version of Firefox which is the 22.0 version. It sure made it tons easier!

Edited by SunQuest

Just tried Alternative Custom Sort with Firefox 31.0, with both ctrl-click and shift-click. I had to turn off Firefox's built-in mouse gestures navigation for the shift-click, but for both methods, they worked and all of the dragons moved stayed put.

Fantastic!

ETA: And the bottom-of-the-page weirdness in Alt Custom Sort is sorted out. WOO!

Edited by schmupti

YAY!! love this new feature to bits thank you!

lollipop00  Posted on Aug 29 2014, 10:25 AM

QUOTE (walkinslow @ Aug 29 2014, 04:14 AM)

That's a great new feature, thank you! But there seems to be a bug, at least for alternate custom sorting: whenever I sort dragons and click on the save button, they go back to their previous order. Tried this multiple times, the new postitions are not saved....

Keeps Doing this when I got to alternate custom sort. Kind of sad since that is the only one I use

same for me

That's fantastic, TJ! smile.gif

I've been avoiding trying to sort my dragons into the order I want, because it's been so hard doing them one by one....

Yeeeeeeeessss! I can not express quite how elated I am over these news, finally, there shall be order on my scroll again! xd.png

I am amazed at these new features. Thank you TJ.

I hardly ever use Custom Sort, cause I prefer "Legacy Custom Sort" with all my stuff. I did not use it till now because of the one on one thing till now and have gotten used to the "Legacy Custom Sort".

Recently it has struck me that I woudl have to reorganise my stuff cause the amountz of available numbers for sorting may get problematic for my kind of sorting in the next 1-2 years if the new releases continue this way.

I was wondering if there are any plans to increase the amount of numbers avaialble for sorting??? Does anyone know that????

I am in specially thankfull for the teleport report on the named hatchlings. This is so helpfull.

Thank you TJ. smile.gif

Edited by Mirume

And now MY Alternate Custom works too! What a boon this is! I just moved an entire block of dragons that would've taken over 20 minutes before. What do you want for your birthday?? tongue.gif

Lovin' it.

Huh. It works fine with "Custom Sort" (the table based view), but not with "Alternate Custom Sort" (the tile based view) - there I can't select several tiles at once (neither Ctrl+Click nor Shift+Click works, though both work fine in the "Custom Sort" view), and when I move single dragons and then click "save", I get the order from before sorting. So basically, "Alternate Custom Sort" is completely broken. sad.gif

I hope it's just a temporary glitch. *crosses fingers*

ETA: I use Firefox 31.0.

Edited by Lastalda

Squee! I've been in the midst of "remodeling" my scroll and having to sort each dragon individually has made it a slow, painstaking endeavor. So this is a feature I will cherish! Thank you TJ! wub.gif

Oh my god! Thank you for the multisort option! Now I am back to sorting my dragons again. laugh.gif

Lastalda: I use alternate custom sort and it just works great for me (I use FF)...

Edited by Aamaranthine

A really awesome feature. It makes sorting so much easier!

@ Lastalda: Everything works fine on my Opera, so it might be a problem with your browser.

Just tried Alternative Custom Sort with Firefox 31.0, with both ctrl-click and shift-click. I had to turn off Firefox's built-in mouse gestures navigation for the shift-click, but for both methods, they worked and all of the dragons moved stayed put.

Fantastic!

ETA: And the bottom-of-the-page weirdness in Alt Custom Sort is sorted out. WOO!

YES it works biggrin.gif - but I'm also with ff 31 - and the bottom of the page weirdness is still there....

This is a fantastic tweak. I can't see what dragons I have selected (FortyTwo reported the same thing; I have Chrome 37, too), but the sorting itself works and is fabulous. (I'm using the Portal2 skin.) (Edit: This got fixed! Thank you!)

Thank you very much!

Edited by pinkgothic