RainDear

Guarantee Summons

I agree that a guaranteed GoN would.... cheapen it somehow. And it would mean all the others who HAVE tried for years and years and finally got their first one had to suffer through the constant failure messages.

It took me more than 2 years to get my first GoN. Does this mean I went through all this for nothing?

I like the increased chance, however. It feels a lot more rewarding to get one when there's still that possibility that you wouldn't. Journey, destination, blah blah blah. Rewarding bad luck isn't the way to go.

With that outlook we should never try to improve the world at all, because it'd cause bitter feelings for those who had to do things the hard way. tongue.gif

I just really dislike the idea of leaving something in a collection game up to raw chance. The rules of random say that, even if things are going to work out for most people 99% of the time, someone is always going to get shot in the foot. Which, hey, happens with other things (some people are probably never going to get a CB Gold), but the difference is at least with the other things on DC you can work hard and hunt and trade and have other ways to try to get one. Instead of just having to push a button every week and pray for the best. (Yes, collecting trios helps, but at the end of the day it's still a lottery drawing--just one with more 'tickets').

So I'm all in favor of an eventual, set chance. I don't care if that chance is a heck of a long time and work in the coming. Make it ten sets of trios + 50 attempts or whatever you want. But I do think a line should be drawn at some point to reward people for their efforts.

I just really dislike the idea of leaving something in a collection game up to raw chance. The rules of random say that, even if things are going to work out for most people 99% of the time, someone is always going to get shot in the foot. Which, hey, happens with other things (some people are probably never going to get a CB Gold), but the difference is at least with the other things on DC you can work hard and hunt and trade and have other ways to try to get one. Instead of just having to push a button every week and pray for the best. (Yes, collecting trios helps, but at the end of the day it's still a lottery drawing--just one with more 'tickets').
Well, actually, even with the ability to increase your chances to get a CB gold by trading for them or being gifted one, there's still no guarantee you'll get one after two years. Because they're rare for a reason. And I think that, unless someone proves differently or TJ comes in and says so, I assume the same to be true for GoNs.

It's the same as with CB prize dragons, too. Many of us have been there for every raffle as well as the TDC and still not a single CB prize, while some people have been lucky twice already. And I don't see a guaranteed prize dragon coming along for participating for any number of years.

AS one of those who had to wait almost 3 years for my first GoN, I would be sad to see this. It would make me feel I had wasted my time rather. I'm fine with the way chances have increased - but not with a guarantee.

Some day I hope to catch a CB gold my own self (those I have were gifts.). Some day. But I don't think I should be guaranteed to.

I was lucky and got a summon when they first were introduced. Pretty easily. However since we can now have more.... I've since never been able to get another. Not for a lack of trying.

As for folk being able to "get" a CB metal or whatever easily ..... this is also a lie. Folk like myself with poor internet connections don't "get" CB metals. I have been in the Cave for YEARS. I only last month got my 1st EVER CB metal. I think everyone else must have been asleep at the keys. Normally by the time I see one... it's LONG gone and I get the message that someone else took it.

As for "trading" you have to be lucky enough to have something worth trading to get something. I've attempted many times to get a CB metal thru trading but no one wants anything I've got.

I'm sure that's the case with many others and many just give up.

I like the idea of having the chance go up after X number of failed attempts. And it ought to keep increasing thereafter with each fail thereafter until it reaches 100%. After that it ought to reset back to normal until once again you reach X number of attempts and so on.

Just my .2 cents.

As for folk being able to "get" a CB metal or whatever easily ..... this is also a lie.  Folk like myself with poor internet connections don't "get" CB metals.  I have been in the Cave for YEARS.  I only last month got my 1st EVER CB metal.  I think everyone else must have been asleep at the keys.  Normally by the time I see one... it's LONG gone and I get the message that someone else took it.

You're not alone - it took me no less than 4 years 10 months to get my first self-caught CB silver. (And only a week longer to get a second, which now adorns my daughter's scroll. Her first.) I'm still waiting for that elusive CB gold, though. And let's not talk about CB prizes. xd.png

Edited by olympe

This is what worries me about Summon.

Someone with 30 sets who has tried for 4 years should have gotten a GoN. I would like to hear from someone who has 10+ complete sets who has been trying for years but hasn't gotten one yet. I think djengis has only been on for a year? At least that's the age of the forum account.

I'd certainly support an increased chance for a GoN after you've tried to summon for 50+ times without a success. Not sure about a guaranteed one though, I think most of those who haven't succeeded after that long only have one or two complete sets

(If anyone out there needs pretty lineaged Trios, I can breed them and there are gifting threads that do just that: gift pretty lineages. )

Cheers!

C4.

My dragon cave account is from 08, but i only caught a few dragons (i have old pinks) back then.

I picked it back up, i think march '13. i didnt make a forum account right away wink.gif

Increase chance - maybe, but I wouldn't support guaranteed.

And probably for the first GoN more so than the others.

However, with TJs recent tweaking, it HAS gotten easier, so this probably isn't necessary.

Edited by MessengerDragon

I'd like at least a large increase after X number of attempts for the very first one (and only the first one), given that they can now breed. This isn't something that would affect me (I lucked out and got my first GoN a while ago), but it's a huge source of frustration for people; I mean, CB Metals you can at least theoretically get via trade/gifting, even if it doesn't usually work that way (I only caught one of mine on my own, and only because it was during a holiday; the others have been from arm-and-a-leg trades). GoNs are strictly up to the whims of Dread RNG, which is even more frustrating.

If they were still unable to breed, I'd probably just feel neutral on the matter. But that's not the case anymore.

That said, if there's concrete evidence that the boost has been large enough to make this a nonissue, I wouldn't care as much. I don't think that's the case, though.

Sounds like a great idea to me. I've been trying to get a GoN from the time I got a complete set of legendaries and still nothing. This coming Christmas, I will have been playing for one full year. If I go two whole years with nothing, that's fine if I'm at least guaranteed 'something' at the end of that two years. This is very discouraging.

Sounds like a great idea to me. I've been trying to get a GoN from the time I got a complete set of legendaries and still nothing. This coming Christmas, I will have been playing for one full year. If I go two whole years with nothing, that's fine if I'm at least guaranteed 'something' at the end of that two years. This is very discouraging.

My heart would bleed for you, were it not that I had seven sets of legendaries and it took me almost three years. The chances are WAY better now - I got my third on the second shot.

Only one year ? It took me 4 years to get 2 GoNs (each in the same year) and I got my 3rd this year. I know I had more then 1 set.

If I could live it out for 4 years, I am pretty sure other people can live it out too. I am a very impatient person so I bet people could survive.

Edited by lollipop00

I think this is a good idea. Like for every time your summon is unsucssesfull you get like a 2% increase the next time you try it.