RainDear

Guarantee Summons

This suggestion seems to be turning summoning into an equivalent of the splash BSA except instead of a magikarp badge, you get a GON.

While I sympathize with people who do not have any GONs yet, I don't think that they should be guaranteed a GON for attempting to summon X amount of times and I don't particularly like the "I'll never get one" mentality (which only becomes true if they quit DC or stop summoning all together).

I'd be okay with a percentage increase in the possibility of getting a GON the longer they summon.

I have 2 GoN's and only 2 pairs of trios. 2 Thunders, 2 Magmas and plenty of Ice ones (at least that is what I remember). I really don't understand how is possible to summon years and get none but maybe it's me the lucky one. I honestly didn't know about trio pairs thing. I guess I must breed some messy ones to get the GoN no 3.

No support in the guarantee summon. Get pairs and get more chances. If there was no way to increase the chance maybe this way it was unfair but with this option I consider the summon system fair.

Breed trios, summon, get the GoN. Don't breed for whatever pathetic excuse you may have, get no GoN. Simple.

Support from me for the first GoN but not for the second and third. This way everyone should be satisfied.

I also think that people who tried to summon a GoN for two years worth should be rewarded for their efforts. These efforts namely being to collect at least 3 rare dragons and using a BSA for two years and no, I don't think it would defeat the purpose of the GoN being a super rare dragon. Waiting for (at least) two years for a guaranteed summon is in my opinion enough requirement for a very rare dragon. Furthermore it wouldn't affect the trade market the least bit since GoNs can't be traded anyway and people still would want to obtain Trios to increase their summoning chance.

Also, me being a neat lineage freak, I don't think that not wanting to breed a messy legendary is a pathetic excuse for not breeding/getting more Trios. Just saying.

Also, many people gift pretty checker lineaged Trios. Its easy to get nice lineaged ones. They may not be CBs or 2nd or 3rd gens, but they are pretty.

C4.

I completely support this idea. It's sad to see people who've been trying to summon for years without success. sad.gif

Actually I'm quite surprised. In this topic people are trying to find an easy way to obtain a GoN which is a dragon that you could obtain anyway with your efforts, it just needs time but you know that sooner or later you will have it. This seems to me something for those who don't want to wait, imo.

And yes, it's an easy way. It wouldn't be possible to distinguish a GoN and a Magikarp trophie with a guarantee summon.... I see the GoN as something better than the Magikarp trophie.

Everyone who want a GoN can have it if they spend time on it, so why we should have something that make it magically happen?

I would focus to find a fair way to have the chance, not the certainty to earn those things that you won't never have in this game right now, even if you really worth them or even if you never had a chance to get them (I mean CB old Holidays and CB Prizes, because only CB Hybrid and CB ALT should be an exclusive prize).

We already have a chance to get a GoN, and it's been increased since May 2014. That's enough for me.

Edited by Naruhina_94

I don't think most of the people here are in favor of a guaranteed GoN, Naru. They're more in favor of increased chances for the first GoN, and really only after you've tried to summon it ___ amount of times. c: It's meant more for those that have been summoning for years and even after the increase in May still don't have their first.

I don't think most of the people here are in favor of a guaranteed GoN, Naru. They're more in favor of increased chances for the first GoN, and really only after you've tried to summon it ___ amount of times. c: It's meant more for those that have been summoning for years and even after the increase in May still don't have their first.

Thankou for explained this, Sci smile.gif However I would prefer an higher percentage of success, not a guarantee one. Let's say that every year of trying you earn a bonus, so you will have higher chance to summon for the year after and so on.

It could also be explained with a "scientific DC fact": After years of trying and many attempts your Magmas, Ices and Thunders have perfected the technique, and are more close to summon their first GoN.

Actually I'm quite surprised. In this topic people are trying to find an easy way to obtain a GoN which is a dragon that you could obtain anyway with your efforts, it just needs time but you know that sooner or later you will have it. This seems to me something for those who don't want to wait, imo.

And yes, it's an easy way. It wouldn't be possible to distinguish a GoN and a Magikarp trophie with a guarantee summon.... I see the GoN as something better than the Magikarp trophie.

Everyone who want a GoN can have it if they spend time on it, so why we should have something that make it magically happen?

I would focus to find a fair way to have the chance, not the certainty to earn those things that you won't never have in this game right now, even if you really worth them or even if you never had a chance to get them (I mean CB old Holidays and CB Prizes, because only CB Hybrid and CB ALT should be an exclusive prize).

We already have a chance to get a GoN, and it's been increased since May 2014. That's enough for me.

My opinion, just my opinion.

I don't really see that having to try for at least 2 years = being given a dragon. I got my first Gon in just a little over a year and my second almost exactly 1 year later. I wasn't particularly diligent about summoning, but I still got both of mine in about the amount of time this suggestion would allow someone to get their first in. I don't know what the chances actually are set up for, I don't know how rngs work, but I do feel that everyone who really tries to get a GON should eventually get one.

I support. GoNs are less special now, so I don't see an issue with tweaking the chances of getting one slightly for those who've been trying for so long.

Support from me for the first GoN but not for the second and third.

I would at least support this as a compromise. o3o

I think C4 raises a couple of very good considerations.

1. How many complete Trio pairs do those who keep failing have?

This, as well as the fact that it seems to fit better with how the game mechanics typically work, is why I prefer to see upped chances of success instead of a miraculous egg. If you really don't want more than 1 or 2 sets of Trios, at least you'll have your percentage of success increased by the passage of time.

2. How dedicated have they really been?

Maybe instead of 'two years' of summoning, this suggestion goes into effect once you've attempted to summon 50 times.

(I'm skipping question 3 because I don't feel that it has as much bearing on the suggestion.)

I don't have a big problem with this suggestion, but I'd rather see your chances continually being upped the longer/more frequently you've been summoning, or at the very least have Flaviel's compromise of having this suggestion affect your first GoN but not the second or third.

Edited for clarity.

Edited by LibbyLishly

I think C4 raises a couple of very good considerations.

1. How many complete Trio pairs do those who keep failing have?

This, as well as the fact that it seems to fit better with how the game mechanics typically work, is why I prefer to see upped chances of success instead of a miraculous egg. If you really don't want more than 1 or 2 sets of Trios, at least you'll have your percentage of success increased by the passage of time.

2. How dedicated have they really been?

Maybe instead of 'two years' of summoning, this suggestion goes into effect once you've attempted to summon 50 times.

(I'm skipping question 3 because I don't feel that it has as much bearing on the suggestion.)

I don't have a big problem with this suggestion, but I'd rather see your chances continually being upped the longer/more frequently you've been summoning, or at the very least have Flaviel's compromise of having this suggestion affect your first GoN but not the second or third.

Edited for clarity.

The suggestion is that after 50+ attempts one has done their "due diligence" and deserves an egg. Not "two years of summoning" which could be once a month or less, but "two years worth of summoning" or at least 50 summons however long one takes to summon that many times.

I have been pretty lucky with summoning. I got my first after 6 months, my second 3 months later. My third I was amazed to get on my very first try after the limit was raised!

However, there are many who have not been so lucky. I feel sorry for anyone who has been diligently trying for 2, 3, or 4 years and still has nothing to show for it. Maybe it is fair, as it is all random chance, but it certainly can't be fun. Saying that they should just keep trying and eventually will get one seems a bit like a slap in the face to me.

I really don't want to see an absolute guarantee of a GoN after a certain number of tries, but I would like to see a significant increase in the chance of successful summoning after let's say each 25 attempts.

I don't see why that chance should necessarily be limited to only the first GoN, either. I liked the idea that someone put forth earlier in the thread that the chance would drop to the baseline chance for your scroll after you get your first GoN, but then would progressively increase with each 25 (or whatever) summon attempts after that. It should never be possible to reach a 100% chance, but perhaps cap at an 80% chance. I don't know what the chance is now, or how much it increases with each set of the Trio, so I am just making a blind suggestion here, but it seems to me that all that effort should be rewarded in some way.

Well all I know is hubby has 1 GON and he got that one April 2012 and has been trying ever since to get number 2 much less number 3

Why complicate coding just because of bad luck? We have a rate of success, and as with all luck-based events there will be a small number who come off worse. Tough luck.

Statistically speaking, I don't think its possible these days to go 50 tries without getting one, much less all three. My hubby hasn't been a real dedicated summoner and recently got two in a row on two tries. So... If you aren't getting them, I'm just kinda dumbfounded ... I mean, my question is, I understand this is very frustrating. Is it possible you are able to mentally "reset" your counter to how many times you have attempted to summon since the "change". I think you are going to find the results to be a lot different.

Because you have to remember that this change you are "suggesting" is really for the "future players". But "future players" aren't going to have this issue. So really what you are asking for is a fix for the past. But that fix has already been put in by the reset. If that's not good enough for you and you want a special fix to be put in specifically for you, then just realize you have to be honest about that and that its a request for a small part of the player population that will never be replicated again.

Statistically speaking, I don't think its possible these days to go 50 tries without getting one, much less all three.

So then would it really hurt you for this to be implemented, if you think people are getting them before that, anyway?

Statistically speaking, I don't think its possible these days to go 50 tries without getting one, much less all three. My hubby hasn't been a real dedicated summoner and recently got two in a row on two tries. So... If you aren't getting them, I'm just kinda dumbfounded ... I mean, my question is, I understand this is very frustrating.  Is it possible you are able to mentally "reset" your counter to how many times you have attempted to summon since the "change". I think you are going to find the results to be a lot different.

Because you have to remember that this change you are "suggesting" is really for the "future players". But "future players" aren't going to have this issue. So really what you are asking for is a fix for the past. But that fix has already been put in by the reset. If that's not good enough for you and you want a special fix to be put in specifically for you, then just realize you have to be honest about that and that its a request for a small part of the player population that will never be replicated again.

I have close to a 100 trio's, a little over 30 sets . And yet to summon my first Gon.

To see people with just 2 sets summon 2 times in a row (not talking about your husband, but i've seen it in the congrats thread) is a little dissapointing to say atleast...

Edited by djengis

The suggestion is that after 50+ attempts one has done their "due diligence" and deserves an egg. Not "two years of summoning" which could be once a month or less, but "two years worth of summoning" or at least 50 summons however long one takes to summon that many times.

My bad; I misunderstood. smile.gif

Statistically speaking, I don't think its possible these days to go 50 tries without getting one, much less all three. My hubby hasn't been a real dedicated summoner and recently got two in a row on two tries. So... If you aren't getting them, I'm just kinda dumbfounded ... I mean, my question is, I understand this is very frustrating. Is it possible you are able to mentally "reset" your counter to how many times you have attempted to summon since the "change". I think you are going to find the results to be a lot different.

I have 2 GONs. It took me about a year to get the first and almost exactly a year later to get the second. So, no I have not made this suggestion for me. I have made it for those I still see struggling to get their first GON. So if "future players" don't have this problem, even if implemented this solution wouldn't be necessary, but if "future players" continue to have this problem, they will see a light at the end of the tunnel.

I think that if you have summoned that many times, it's unlikely you haven't gotten at least one, but if you haven't gotten it by then, you should have a reward for being patient.

I have one adult on my scroll. I summoned another, but it died. And yet I haven't even been on DC for a year, much less trying for a year. It hurts that some people get them as quickly as I did and some don't.

Yes, I would like to see that those who wait will be rewarded with their first GoN. Not sure how I feel about guaranteed second and third GoNs yet.

I have close to a 100 trio's, a little over 30 sets . And yet to summon my first Gon.

To see people with just 2 sets summon 2 times in a row (not talking about your husband, but i've seen it in the congrats thread) is a little dissapointing to say atleast...

This is what worries me about Summon.

Someone with 30 sets who has tried for 4 years should have gotten a GoN. I would like to hear from someone who has 10+ complete sets who has been trying for years but hasn't gotten one yet. I think djengis has only been on for a year? At least that's the age of the forum account.

I'd certainly support an increased chance for a GoN after you've tried to summon for 50+ times without a success. Not sure about a guaranteed one though, I think most of those who haven't succeeded after that long only have one or two complete sets

(If anyone out there needs pretty lineaged Trios, I can breed them and there are gifting threads that do just that: gift pretty lineages. )

Cheers!

C4.

I support a marked increase in the chance of a player summoning his or her first GON after a certain amount of time. But, I don't support a guaranteed summon as the number of successes per time period may have something to do how many are being summoned. (Not sure. Just guessing that it may be a ratio thing.)

Edited by Jazeki

I agree that a guaranteed GoN would.... cheapen it somehow. And it would mean all the others who HAVE tried for years and years and finally got their first one had to suffer through the constant failure messages.

It took me more than 2 years to get my first GoN. Does this mean I went through all this for nothing?

I like the increased chance, however. It feels a lot more rewarding to get one when there's still that possibility that you wouldn't. Journey, destination, blah blah blah. Rewarding bad luck isn't the way to go.