TJ09

Reducing the number of site skins

I've tried several different ones, and find myself generally staying with the default skin. I use the St. Patrick's Day skin in March, mainly because it reminds me of the notorious Lagmonster. If you phase out various skins, I ask that you keep these two around. Thanks for asking our opinion, TJ!

I dont know which one Im using but its blue. Isnt the original one red?

Go to your account settings and you'll see what you're using, since that's where the option to change it is. The default is the actual scroll color/image. Please try to respond to the suggestion when replying. Since you only use that one skin (Portal?), I'm guessing you just want that one to stick around?

EDIT: v Ah, that makes more sense, sci!

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

I dont know which one Im using but its blue. Isnt the original one red?

Uh, I think you're talking about the forum skins, but we're talking about the skins on the main skite. c:

There are some blue-ish skins on the main site but I don't know if I would consider them to be blue. Maaaaybe one of the Portal ones. The default for the main site is also more brown than red.

I'm 100% okay with it, I've never used any other than default except for checking them out, and I like default's appearance/layout best, Though now that I've just looked at them again the dark portal one looks like it could be useful for egg hunting, with the bigger biome links being easier to click without taking my eyes off the eggs and the egg descriptions' larger white font against the dark background will be a bit easier to read. I don't see myself ever using any of the non-default layouts except for that one. That said, I also don't see myself using that one for general purposes, I'll probably only end up switching to it if I want to stalk the cave for a while and it's late and my eyes hurt, since I don't like how the sprites look on the darker, busier background. So I don't care even if you only keep the default, I never realized you'd have to test everything on each one.

Just popping in to say I only ever use default and don't ever plan on using any other skins so it won't bother me in the least. c:

I prefer dark backgrounds with white font, whenever possible.

I use and like the default. I did use blackout for awhile too. I do like dark back rounds, but I don't like the way the portal ones look. Dinocave is too gaudy for me(and I love purple), and the others are meh. So overall it really wouldn't affect me.

I only use the default skin myself. I always check out new skins when they've been introduced but I'm too fond of the original to make a permanent change.

I just use the default, myself smile.gif I think as long as there are options for those with vision problems/eye strain etc it should be fine.

I was just using he default red, then checked out the other ones. I'm having the same issue where the skin just stops at a certain amount of dragons. I switched to the 1960s one because I can still see the dragons and it's the least distracting. I really like the blackout one and I would use it if it weren't for the options being to the right...it would just take some getting used to

Personally, I don't care as I use the default. smile.gif

I'm using 1960's as it's cleaner and neater than default, yet doesn't break immersion like the rest of the non-defaults.

I agree that while Blackout is aesthetically pleasing to people who like dark themes like me, it is weird and nigh-unusable without spending some painful time to familiarize with since the button layout is completely different from the other skins.

I use the Default and the portal skins. others I don't use ever.

Edited by xeyla

I use the Portal 2 skin because I prefer a darker background for seeing the sprites better, and the skin is the cleanest, IMO. Although, The lineage view bugs me because of the way the pattern repeats; it doesn't really flow, but goes very suddenly from dark back to light. If the gradient repeated in the opposite direction, it'd be a lot cleaner and look better.

I also only use the default skins, so no problem with the reduction here. Thanks for asking!

In,the long run, different skins dont add much to the experience.

All we ever need is two skins: light and dark. Both functioning correctly, with compliance to wcag would be perfect.

I almost exclusively use the mobile skin, and would be really glad to have a similar thin style for the desktop version, though.

It looks like the bug will finally be fixed in Firefox 33.

So there's that.

Interesting.. good to know that they do plan to fix it. Unfortunately, the current version for me is still 31, so the fix is 2 versions away.

Interesting.. good to know that they do plan to fix it. Unfortunately, the current version for me is still 31, so the fix is 2 versions away.

Yes indeed; I'm on 31 as well...

But why the *** has it taken them so long - there have been threads and threads on their forum - and these things are FINE on the cut down version (Pale Moon)....

I'm using 1960's as it's cleaner and neater than default, yet doesn't break immersion like the rest of the non-defaults.

This ^^. I would miss the 1960s if it wasn't available.

I tried out all skins when I was new and stuck with St Patrick's Day because it has good contrast and the colour is nicer than the default. I'd really miss the St Patrick's skin if it wasn't available anymore, most of the others make my eyes water and/or my head ache. Oh, and I was surprised to read that some people have issues with older versions of Firefox when displaying 500 dragons per page; I had no trouble whatsoever with versions 25, 27, 28 and 31.

I'd miss the St Patrick's Day skin a lot. Since skins were released, this is the one that I've been using. I don't like to use the default, because I like to be able to see when I'm logged in no matter how tired I am and except for the default and St Patrick's, the others make my eyes hurt after a short while if I don't turn down the brightness a lot. And I really like green and clovers.

Edited by Raistlin24