TJ09

Reducing the number of site skins

I would post this on more appropriate thread Retiring Site Layouts but since that thread is closed, I guess this is next most appropriate one that I can find.

Per TJ one of the main reasons for doing away with some of the more lesser used layouts was for testing new things on each. (Inferred actually implementing new things on each as well).

So why is it that the only layout to show DC Time in top right corner is the default layout?

I use Dino Cave layout and was aware that since it was retired would no longer receive future updates. So I have never been surprised it does not show up on that layout. However, I just went through several of the other options that have not been retired and sadly found the only layout this upgrade feature works on is default.

The default layout has too dark background, while the actually scroll is light tan/brownish and does add some light, it still is less lighter than several other layouts (like Dino, 1960's, St Pat). It simply does not give off enough brightness for me to see the keyboard. I usually play in evening and dont bother turning on the lights.

This is not only reason I do not like default either. While hunting in the caves, the egg description due to different font styles does not fit as much in on one line. Meaning more egg descriptions are on 2+ lines. Slightly dyslexic makes this harder for me to key in on and read at quick glance (needed to grab rarer eggs quickly).

So while I was considering changing to another layout, I just do not see any reason to change from one I personally like best, Dino Cave, if the only real option is default one which just does not suit my needs or tastes. Really the way I see it, is that all layouts have been retired .. just not officially.