TehUltimateMage

Do you play any musical instruments?

I took guitar lessons in middle school but I was never able to keep with it.

I'm just too lazy and my hands are retarded when it comes to moving where I tell them to.

i can kind of play piano. i took lessons as a kid, but gave up because i could never learn sheet music. i also never got comfortable using black keys. i know what all the white keys are tho and i can kind of play by ear.

I'm not musically inclined, but did take guitar lessons and also played the baritone horn in the elementary school band. philpot123, the first instrument I played was the baritone ukelele, but again, never became good at it. That was in elementary school as well.

Used to play trumpet (6th and 7th grade), piano (5 years of lessons), and handbells (3 or 4 years in high school. I also sang in choir from 8th on up to my senior year, and even qualified for regional honors choir from 10th to 12th grade - audition only; kids from schools from a large section of the state. If you get in, you practice on your own, then everyone meets up for one day, practice all together for that day, and put on a concert that night. It was an awesome experience.

Nowadays, I've fallen out of practice with just about everything. I'd like to get my voice back in condition again, as well as brush up on my piano skills.

I took violin lessons for 5 years and I have a beautiful old violin which we bought at a flea market smile.gif It was badly damaged, but my dad found a violin maker who was able to repair it and who told us that it was very old, at least from 1900.

However, I stopped playing some years ago, because it isn't much fun if your mom makes fun of you everytime you practise >__<

Now I dream of an electric violin with headphones, so I could practise silently and only use my wooden violin if I WANT people to hear the music ^^"

I've played the cello since I was six. Played in an orchestra throughout my teenage years and I really enjoyed that; when I went to university I joined an orchestra there but I had to stop because it got too much when I had to write my thesis.

I haven't played since (ie in the last year) and I really miss it...

I can play the triangle...

No, just kidding. All I know is how to play a harmonica, because I heard that prison harmonica blues tune when I was a little kid and thought it sounded cool, so I started practising on my grandparents' old harmonica that they left me. The damn thing is probably from the early 19th century, considering it's a bit of a family heirloom, and it still plays like a dream.

I've gotten pretty good at it, and occasionally bring my harmonica on road trips or other such similarly extended outings.

Edited by Brotato

I play piano since I was 8.

I'm kind of good at at.On 4th grade,my teacher obligated us to play the flute.We are 32 in the class,so it sounded terrible.I'm terrible at playing the flute.And my other 31 classmates weren't any better.

I play piano since I was 8.

I'm kind of good at at.On 4th grade,my teacher obligated us to play the flute.We are 32 in the class,so it sounded terrible.I'm terrible at playing the flute.And my other 31 classmates weren't any better.

I tried playing flute... I was terrible at it.

I play the clarinet and I suck...no I'm not being modest, I really do suck sad.gif Or intermediate band sucks too, so I guess it's not that much of a big deal.

Piano:

Started playing when I was 6 (I'm 22 now). I don't know if I showed a particular interest before my mom said "Do you want to learn how to play the piano?" and I thought that sounded good. Took lessons until about age 13, and I just play for fun now - I have a piano keyboard, and I like to find stuff on YouTube to play. Currently working on

Flute:

Started in 5th grade - that's when we started band, and when they demonstrated the instruments to us, I liked it best. One of the songs that we played in school that stands out for me is Jungle Fantasy; I played the flute solo that can be heard just after 2:40 in that version (that's not us, of course), which is definitely one of the hardest things I've played. I also played flute at church during holidays, until we started combining with another parish and they changed things. I haven't played in a while since I now live in an apartment and it would be too loud, but I still have it, and the last time I did was at a cultural festival in spring: a band was playing Irish music, and you could bring an instrument and jump in if you could pick up the tune.

Piccolo:

Started in 10th grade, played it in band. After graduating high school I played it in the town's Labor Day parade for a couple years, but haven't played it in about two years and don't know if I will again, because I don't have my own piccolo, and don't know of any situations where I'd play it now that I've moved out of that town.

Recorder:

Self-taught soprano recorder from a book at about 6 years old. In high school, we did some recorder ensembles for solo/ensemble, and also some drama performances used them in the instrumental accompaniment, so I've played soprano, alto, and tenor recorder. I own a soprano one, but haven't played it since high school (because, quite frankly, soprano recorder is really annoying.)

Edited by Dawnwing

Well I didn't start at a young young age, but I started playing piano three years ago. I'm pretty good with it now and I kind of like how my fingers hurt after practicing for a while LOL. In the future I hope to play the Cello and the Violin.

Oh, and I almost forgot! When I was young about six or seven my dad played the guitar and tried to get me into it. I never really took it up as my main instrument (that would be the piano) but I do know a couple of songs that I can play semi-well.

I took piano lessons at the time when I was around 7 I think. All I remember is that one song I loved playing, and don't remember the keys either. Silly me. I do not play the piano anymore, but when I'm bored, I like to take out some dusty sheets and try to remember how to play them. :3

The second instrument I played was the clarinet. 5th grade required us to play an instrument, and my older sister had a leftover clarinet still at home, so I was like why not because our band needed clarinets because clarinets usually played the solos and melodies and stuff. It's kinda funny, how we were totally outnumbered by every other instrument, and when it was time for the clarinets to play loud(we only had 2 clarinets in our band btw, me and this other guy) the other instruments harmonizing had to play like, ppp(you instrument people get what that means haha). The audience usually laughed when this happened, which was great as I found it amusing as well. I like to pick up the clarinet now and then, but I don't play it anymore.

Currently, I play the violin. One day, my mom asked me if I wanted to play the violin and take lessons. I hated it at first because it was painful to my fingers, but my fingers are no longer in pain when I play. I do enjoy it, I took(note: TOOK) private lessons, and then one day, my mom said it was too expensive for the place I took lessons at. Besides, she said I did not practice that much(school ;_;). Of course, I still know how to play it well, and I would love to continue again. The songs I play sound so lovely, at least to my ears, but I speak a lot. Hehe.

So that's my musical life. Hopefully I don't completely forget to play the instruments later in life!

Used to play piano, currently still play flute, briefly dabbled in the double bass, am still screwing around with the accordion.

And I should also point out that among my siblings, I am the least musically accomplished.

I play the Flute and Piccolo but I can also play the piano, trumpet, and I'm learning how to play guitar smile.gif

I've only been playing for maybe five or six years, but I'm a clarinet player! I absolutely love it, and music in general (though my signing voice isn't exactly up to par) and I would quite honestly love to learn any instrument I can get my hands on. I play a bit of piano and harmonica, though I'm fumbly, because I haven't really had actual instruction for these and it's mainly been me reading and experimenting around!

I don't play any myself, but I have to brag about my sister - she plays the guitar. smile.gif

And compared to me - she is a music prodigy. wink.gif

I played the flute when I was in high school and still do too this day and I'm very good at it...

Trombone

I am better at carrying it a mile home now, but when I started in 4th grade, it was hard walking it home when school was around the corner and down the street a bit. Then again, my trombone today has a strap tongue.gif

Update on this: I've been getting better at piano/keyboards having learnt sheet music a lot more so I know which keys are which note and what I should do with them.