TehUltimateMage

Do you play any musical instruments?

Haven't seen this thread in a while. I saw a lot of people at university know guitar, and I'm trying to self-relearn it this summer. Barre chords are a pain, literally. xd.png

I played piano for about 9-10 years up until last year. I quit this year because I didn't have time for lessons anymore. I love to play it but I progress slowly since I don't really have the patience to sit down and practice. I love to teach myself little tunes nowadays but it's nothing that great.

I also used to play clarinet and bass clarinet in my school band up until my last year of high school. Despite how much I had fun learning the instruments, I think the small taste I had of playing them was enough for me ^^

Edited by XDragon52

I started taking violin lessons when I was 10, lasted 2 years but when I got a new teacher I stopped, didn't like him much tongue.gif

In "folk high School" aka folkehøyskolen, basically a year after highschool you can go to a school wherever in Norway and learn whatever you want, I took half a year of guitar lessons, but then I wanted to learn how to play the piano too so I got the teacher to give me asheet of the most basic chords and went from there, taught myself. Bought a guitar when I wgot home, and last September my dad gave ma a keyboard for my birthday. Also I've been in several choirs from when I was 13-19 and have taken 3 years of singing lessons. I love to sing smile.gif

Edited by tinti

I started on the clarinet at age 9, then picked up piano age 10, picked up oboe age 14, stopped piano lessons as my teacher retired. I have a guitar in my room i'm teaching myself to play, and started singing lessons a year ago. I also sing in my church band, and love it. I just finished 6th grade in oboe, but not too fond of exams, so i think i'll stop exams there haha

I used to play the flute when I was little and participated in a few concerts held by my school, now I don't really play anything except the ukulele and recorder, which we're required to learn for our music course. :b

I've played a bunch of instruments, including the piano for 8 years... However, my dearest one is the violin. I don't really play anything else anymore. I've played it for a bit over two years now and I wish I could've started violin lessons instead of piano lessons when I was a kid... Oh well, at least I can take them now.

Years ago I learned to play the piano and I also had a few guitar lesson.However,I did not have enough time and I had to stop and remain only with what I know now ._.

Well, I come from a musical family, so I started learning how to read music and play the piano when I was around 3 or 4 years old (or something around there I can't remember very well). I soon became fed up with piano, since my mother has a degree in piano performance and thus would always nag about my fingering or that my pedaling was wrong or whatnot. So when I was around 10 or so I switched to the flute (because my father plays the cello, so I didnt want to switch to a stringed instrument to entice the wrath of my father either) and I've stuck with that for 11 years now

For the past two years I pursued a degree in flute performance, but decided that it is definitely not what I want to do, so I am currently ambiguously majored... But I still play the flute, just not as a job I think.

I started piano when I was young and quit after maybe six years of it, picked up flute in 5th grade with the band, and at the tail end of this last school year (I'm in high school) I started with piccolo. I find it rather fun, but people don't like me too much when I play it very high up the register. tongue.gif

I just started private cello lessons. I really like it, but I sort of feel like I'm in over my head.

Started piano, played for 3 (?) years and quit. Have been clarinet for a while now, one year of private lessons, and four years in school band/ensemble. biggrin.gif

I've tired playing several musical instruments in the past (Recorder, Violin, Trumpet, Trombone, Piano and Ocarina...no really. I actually own a real Ocarina) Couldn't get the hang of any of them too well.

I've been studying piano for 8 years when I was a child and koto (kind of Japanese zither) for several years when I lived in Japan. Due to the lack of time I don't play now though it would be great to find some time after all.

I played clarinet back when I lived in the city, as symphonic, jazz, and marching band. Parents had a big divorce, and I had to live in the countryside up until my graduation, which the school itself didn't have a band. I play it every now and then nowadays, but overall I don't really play any musical instruments anymore.

I posted on page 2 back in December about how I play piano, recorder, flute, and piccolo.

I just got myself an acoustic guitar on Friday. I've just been teaching myself from youtube videos so far; I've learned how to read a chord chart and have been practicing some chords. My fingers get so sore though.

Violín babyyyyyy! wink.gif Though regrettably still a beginner. I'm 18 and only took a half year of lessons. ..

I started playing violin when I was really little, and continued playing through middle school, but I quit cause let's face it, I'm pretty tone deaf and I wasn't all that motivated. XP (tbh, I probably only stuck with it for so long cause my parents seemed to want me to.)

I have been playing the piano from an early age, since my parents are piano teachers in different music schools. They teach piano lessons to kindergarten children.

I played in band for three years and I learned the french horn and alto horn. Both were really fun actually! Im learning to play the guitar now and im hoping to learn the violin after I get a grasp on that. Maybe even the drums!

I think part of it was is my mom was in the marching band in her high school and my older sister was in band in her highschool. Its in my blood I guess.

I've been playing the violin since I was 5. I can play the viola too, but I don't go for viola lessons. I'm playing the viola in my current school's Strings Ensemble because I had 2 years of prior experience playing it in another ensemble. And not many people know how to play the viola, so they put me in viola section despite my pleas of wanting to be put with the second violins (not good enough for first violins lol).

My friend is currently giving me mini-lessons on how to play the piano and cello.

My dream instrument is the harp (it sounds SO GOOD) and I hope that I will learn it one day...