danicast

I want to gift more holidays!

I never keep my holiday eggs to myself, I always give them to friends or newbies, I really enjoy to give gifts. I have a really nice holy, as example, that I requested a mate to specially gift the egg to a very dear friend. But I would like to be able to gift at least one more person.

I would like to hear more suggestions instead of a simply "no". "No" are not creative and productive. Suggestions are. Make a suggestion, don't say a simple "no".

EDITS

In the other forum where I go there is a card system. You can choose to buy a card for yourself or you can choose to gift a card. I think it would be awesome if we could have this kind of option:

the user will be able to keep 50% (rounded up or down) of eggs produced.

1 egg is kept,

2 eggs 1 is kept, 1 is Aped

3 eggs 1 is kept and the second one is gifted and the 3rd one Aped

4 eggs 1 is kept and the second one is gifted and the 3rd one and the 4th one APed

- The giftee will have the option to accept the gift or refuse. If the giftee refuse the egg, the egg will be automatically to the AP, it won't be possible to set a new transfer.

- if the person doesn't have a giftee in mind, the egg will go to a random person who must have logged in at least 6 months (not an inactive user) and any user can choose if wants to recieve random gifts or not (an option in the control panel).

- 24 hours after gifted if the giftee (random or selected) don't accept the egg, it gets auto-AP'd

Thank you for all ideas so far, keep them coming!

Edited by danicast

No, not really.

Because for every person that gifts the extra... There are several that hoard or trade.

So, I don't support.

Cheers!

C4.

While your reason for this is lovely, I still can't support. There are those who would hoard, but even without those: with all the gifting going on (lovely, lovely gifting) players not on the forums are on a massive disadvantage already. If you take away one more egg per clutch (except for the single egg clutches), it will be even harder for them to catch that elusive Holly egg.

Still no. tongue.gif

I can think of several ways to abuse that right now.

1. Trading. Simplicity itself, send it to your trade partner as a "gift". No way to police it, either.

2. Send it to a friend, and have them send it back.

3. Sent it to a "family member's" scroll, and have the "family member" send it back. Or just trade / hoard it on the "family member's scroll".

Cheers!

C4.

I'm still worried about the lack of Hollies in the AP (Hollie stands for whatever desirable Holiday dragon) and I'm not sure that option would solve that...

Maybe if we would get the "random" option to chose - like with the Valentine greetings?

Or maybe if you can only gift to a certain recipient if you sent AT LEAST one egg to the AP?

With the end of bred-holiday limits, catching past Chrismas eggs has become hard enough as it is...

Edited by herk

Maybe if we would get the "random" option to chose - like with the Valentine greetings?

Or maybe if you can only gift to a certain recipient if you sent AT LEAST one egg to the AP?

With the end of bred-holiday limits, catching past Chrismas eggs has become hard enough as it is...

I like all these suggestions. smile.gif

As far as I know the multi breed is 3 eggs, isn't?

So one is going to Ap anyway.

Nope, the multi-breed is not an automatic 3 eggs.

You can get from 0 to 4 eggs. (I got 0 one year for one of my Holidays)

And the reason I'm saying no and giving reasons for that no instead of more suggestions is I don't like this idea. At all. I can't think of any suggestions that would make me like it. Nor can I think up a way to deal with my objections in a satisfactory manner, so this loophole wouldn't be abused. Can you think of one?

Cheers!

C4.

Edited by cyradis4

What? NO ohmy.gif

There is no guarantee for anything!

My one Holly bred a SINGLE egg in its first year, so no guarantee. That's why I so super-worried unsure.gif

Edited by herk

I would be bothered if I got random eggs on my scroll, especially if I were trying to load up on eggs and *thought* I wasn't egglocked. Particularly during the holidays, actually.

I didn't see mention of it in the first post, but please tell me there would be a way to "accept" the gift and not just get it.

And why can't you simply set up a one-way transfer? o: I mean, maybe you don't know their username but they also don't have a forum account...but then why would you be sending them a gift unless it's a random user option? Why can't you just send the eggs to the AP then, where it will be random users regardless?

Nope, the multi-breed is not an automatic 3 eggs.

You can get from 0 to 4 eggs.

And the reason I'm saying no and giving reasons for that no instead of more suggestions is I don't like this idea. At all. I can't think of any suggestions that would make me like it. Nor can I think up a way to deal with my objections in a satisfactory manner, so this loophole wouldn't be abused. Can you think of one?

Cheers!

C4.

Maybe later I'll reply to you, not now. The idea is brand new and I posted because I want feed back and suggestions to improve my idea. I don't want negativity yet, I want improvements. You posted a negative feed back so YOU should think in a way to work around your negative idea. It's too easy to expect the worst from people, I'm not like this. I always expect the best. So I'll address problems and negativity later, not now, it's too premature in my POV.

...You can't really tell people "don't say no, make a suggestion", since some of us have no suggestion to make this "better" because we simply don't want it at all. And we have just as much right to voice our opposition to a suggestion as you have to make it.

So, no. No no no. I don't like this one bit. You may want to gift more, but by having more eggs drop to the AP that spreads the wealth around better. Anybody who doesn't have connections on the forum or otherwise to other players will be seriously disadvantaged when it comes to having a chance to be gifted, whereas if the eggs go to the AP they have a greater chance of snagging something than if more eggs are kept.

A "random" option doesn't necessarily help, either. Because then you have no way of knowing if it will be gifted to somebody who will care, which you'd probably hope your gift will go to. I, when I gift, prefer to make sure that they go to carefully selected homes to ensure that they'll be cared for well. I don't gift if I don't think the person will take good care of it.

No to mention then you will have an egg sitting on your scroll, taking up a slot, for an unknown amount of time until they either accept or reject it--which could be a problem if they're not online for a few days. And it CANNOT just go to their scroll automatically--I know I'd be pissed off unless anything but something with a lineage I approved of showed up on my scroll without my having to confirm and consent to it.

And, as has been pointed out, there's really no way to ensure that you're not just sending it to a person who will hold it for you, unless the dragon is somehow prevented from returning to the scroll it originated from.

I would be bothered if I got random eggs on my scroll, especially if I were trying to load up on eggs and *thought* I wasn't egglocked. Particularly during the holidays, actually.

I didn't see mention of it in the first post, but please tell me there would be a way to "accept" the gift and not just get it.

And why can't you simply set up a one-way transfer? o: I mean, maybe you don't know their username but they also don't have a forum account...but then why would you be sending them a gift unless it's a random user option? Why can't you just send the eggs to the AP then, where it will be random users regardless?

Good point.

I didn't think in an automatic transfer, you would be able to accept or reject (cancel) like a regular teleport. I think it will be better for the system if the recipient cancel the transfer the egg goes to AP.

I'll add this in my first post.

Kagesora, read the fist post again, it was edited.

Edited by danicast

Of course this would need an "accept" to go through. Otherwise "random" gifts could easily end up on long since dead scrolls. But that would of course need a grace period of say 24 hours after which the egg gets auto-AP'd anyway.

I actually think a "random" gift would be a tad different from APing as it would enable people with REALLY slow connection reflexes a tiny chance on a good egg.

I'm STILL not convinced that this could work btw. I'm just trying to see how it's maybe feasible.

@danicast - YOU made the suggestion and asked for suggestions, so no c4 has no obliagtion whatsoever to give a reason for her "god no" reaction wink.gif

Edited by herk

Herk, thank you, nice idea. I'll add in the first post.

I'll be honest with you. I am a teacher. We try to make our students to think outside the box, to propose creative solutions for the problems that we bring to them. When we are analizing a problems is strictly forbidden to shut down an idea with a simple no without make any suggestion to improve the idea. I want to improve the idea that's why I will simply IGNORE any post that simply say "no, I don't like it" instead of make a suggestion to improve.

Of course this would need an "accept" to go through. Otherwise "random" gifts could easily end up on long since dead scrolls. But that would of course need a grace period of say 24 hours after which the egg gets auto-AP'd anyway.

I actually think a "random" gift would be a tad different from APing as it would enable people with REALLY slow connection reflexes a tiny chance on a good egg.

I'm STILL not convinced that this could work btw. I'm just trying to see how it's maybe feasible.

@danicast - YOU made the suggestion and asked for suggestions, so no c4 has no obliagtion whatsoever to give a reason for her "god no" reaction ;)

Hm, that all sounds good. Perhaps there's an "activity monitor" that the eggs would be randomly sent to? Did something like that happen for Valentine's, actually? Maybe for this suggestion they have to have been on within the last __ weeks or something.

You control one egg from each clutch. You can choose to keep that egg or gift it. I don't see why it should go further than that. There are new players who don't have forum friends yet who have no holiday dragons of any kind and the fact that all but one from each clutch go to the AP is their only way to get them.

And personally - except for the new eggs, I prefer to breed and gift and get new blood from the AP or by trading, for my stable.

But whatever, no way to a random gift that might lock me when I have other priorities. It could hit JUST as I have 6 eggs and am breeding that Holly I want to gift to MY friend !

You control one egg from each clutch. You can choose to keep that egg or gift it. I don't see why it should go further than that. There are new players who don't have forum friends yet who have no holiday dragons of any kind and the fact that all but one from each clutch go to the AP is their only way to get them.

And personally - except for the new eggs, I prefer to breed and gift and get new blood from the AP or by trading, for my stable.

But whatever, no way to a random gift that might lock me when I have other priorities. It could hit JUST as I have 6 eggs and am breeding that Holly I want to gift to MY friend !

That's why you can refuse the gift instead of accept.

Read the first post again please, I edited that.

edwardelricfreak

Hm, that all sounds good. Perhaps there's an "activity monitor" that the eggs would be randomly sent to? Did something like that happen for Valentine's, actually? Maybe for this suggestion they have to have been on within the last __ weeks or something.

I like the idea but I think the only person who can say something about how scrolls and transfers are monitored is TJ. I have no idea how this works.

Edited by danicast

I'll be honest with you. I am a teacher. We try to make our students to think outside the box, to propose creative solutions for the problems that we bring to them. When we are analizing a problems is strictly forbidden to shut down an idea with a simple no without make any suggestion to improve the idea. I want to improve the idea that's why I will simply IGNORE any post that simply say "no, I don't like it" instead of make a suggestion to improve.

I'm a teacher as well Dani xd.png

But if I ask a pupil "What do you think of this idea?" and he simply says "No" I ask "Why?"

c4 has told you WHY already.

And we are NOT in school, you can't treat the other users like your pupils who need to try and tackle the problem you give them. If she'd continue to post "No" every other post that would be different, but she stated her opinion and then was finished wink.gif Which is ALSO a part of what these threads are for.

Edited by herk

I'm a teacher as well Dani xd.png

But if I ask a pupil "What do you think of this idea?" and he simply says "No" I ask "Why?"

c4 has told you WHY already.

And we are NOT in school, you can't treat the other users like your pupils who need to try and tackle the problem you give them. If she'd continue to post "No" every other post that would be different, but she stated her opinion and then was finished wink.gif Which is ALSO a part of what these threats are for.

She already voiced her opinion, it's posted. Ok, she think like that. It doesn't help the project right now so she exercised her right to voice her opinion and I exercised my right to continue with the discussion.

I want to see more suggestions. smile.gif

That's nice, you can ignore us if you like. Doesn't make your suggestion any more likely to be accepted just because you ignore our posts. I'm rather sure TJ will take into account general opinions on the matter even if we don't make a suggestion to "improve" it.

How would you suggest we make a suggestion to "improve" something that we feel will be a detriment to the game no matter the form, and therefore there's no real way to "improve" it?

I'm 100% against this suggestion, because with the bred limit gone you don't need to have one adult that you can breed that you can gift eggs from. If you want to gift multiple eggs, just obtain multiple adults. Then you can gift multiple eggs. Sacrifice one year of gifting to keep an egg for yourself, then the next year you have two adults you can breed to gift eggs from.

That's nice, you can ignore us if you like.  Doesn't make your suggestion any more likely to be accepted just because you ignore our posts.  I'm rather sure TJ will take into account general opinions on the matter even if we don't make a suggestion to "improve" it.

How would you suggest we make a suggestion to "improve" something that we feel will be a detriment to the game no matter the form, and therefore there's no real way to "improve" it?

I'm 100% against this suggestion, because with the bred limit gone you don't need to have one adult that you can breed that you can gift eggs from.  If you want to gift multiple eggs, just obtain multiple adults.  Then you can gift multiple eggs.  Sacrifice one year of gifting to keep an egg for yourself, then the next year you have two adults you can breed to gift eggs from.

Seriously, you need to read the edited first post again because your argument makes no sense after the editions.

Also there is a problem with this way of thinking. People change, people die. You don't know is a person can really wait another year. I'm always worried about this problem so I think we should think in address this possibility. It's easy to tell "wait another year" like lifetime was eternal. But the truth is that life also ends.

Edited by danicast

That's nice, you can ignore us if you like. Doesn't make your suggestion any more likely to be accepted just because you ignore our posts. I'm rather sure TJ will take into account general opinions on the matter even if we don't make a suggestion to "improve" it.

I'm 100% against this suggestion, because with the bred limit gone you don't need to have one adult that you can breed that you can gift eggs from. If you want to gift multiple eggs, just obtain multiple adults. Then you can gift multiple eggs. Sacrifice one year of gifting to keep an egg for yourself, then the next year you have two adults you can breed to gift eggs from.

^this^

I note that you didn't respond to the rest of my post - that you can keep an egg and choose what to do with it. That's enough to gift with. If you want to gift it - do. If you don't, then keep it. Also, as I said:

There are new players who don't have forum friends yet who have no holiday dragons of any kind and the fact that all but one from each clutch go to the AP is their only way to get them.

^this^

I note that you didn't respond to the rest of my post - that you can keep an egg and choose what to do with it. That's enough to gift with. If you want to gift it - do. If you don't, then keep it. Also, as I said:

I'm reading all posts.

Keep the suggestions and positive feed back coming, please! It's helping to improve the suggestion more and more!

I'm a mechanical engineer, Danicast. I graduated from an accredited University and have been in the workforce for the better part of a decade.

I solve problems for a LIVING. Its what I do. What I'm paid to do. I am trained to think critically and analytically. And I'm also paid to tell my bosses when something is unworkable.

The reason I don't support this suggestion, and I'll be blunt since you missed the implications when I said it more subtly:

Multi scrollers are a problem on DC. IF you can direct where a 2nd egg goes, they WILL take advantage of it.

People in the same family / circle of friends are very common. IF you can direct where a 2nd egg goes, they WILL take advantage of it. How? Simple. Friend 1: here's my egg, if you take offers on it I'll take offers on yours".

That means, there will be far fewer eggs in the AP for those who don't know people with good things. And that shorting will be concentrated in the best lineages. And in Hollies. A significant percentage of those eggs will, however, be put up for *trade*. Which will decrease the chance for newbies and people who don't have great trade fodder to get those spectacular lineages.

And if the gift is going to be to a random user, why bother with all this coding? That's what the AP does: dump an egg so some random user can get it.

So no, I'm not going to suggest a way to improve this, because the only way to address my primary concern (trade abuse) makes this idea redundant.

C4.