MessengerDragon

If you win a DC raffle...

What dragon would you ask for if you won a DC raffle?  

447 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Well, my first choice for this pipe dream would be a CB Prize (obviously), but I'd definitely consider a CB breed-only/alt if I got HM; a CB Holly would be nice, but I'd prefer being able to make lineages with CB breed-onlys (mostly thinking of Avatars or Hellhorses). Just feels more special to me, I guess (being able to pick my own code is a major factor, I'll admit).

The only reason I didn't pick Prize is choosing to interpret the poll question as "if we got to choose", and only HM gets to choose, whereas prizes are just assigned.

Holiday dragons: Hollies are most valuable for trading, but I don't care for the sprite as much as other holidays, and tbh I don't breed and trade so much as I collect things I enjoy looking at myself. So if I picked a holiday dragon, it would be a Val '09, or possibly one of the other Christmas ones.

Unfortunately, I could only progress a lineage with a holiday dragon once a year. So I'd go with the other half of the tie: a CB Shallow Water. They're one of my favorites and look good with many things, and I could use it for the founder of as many lines as I wanted. Male Soulpeace are pretty by themselves, but I don't think they go with as many breeds.

Oh, and I have a code picked out already. rolleyes.gif

Only Lacking a CB Holly so that first

and as long as we are dreaming ::winning my second raffle after that cool.gif

As far as I'm aware, you either win a spot for one specific of the 6 Prize versions (Gold/Silver/Bronze Shimmerscale/Tinsel) that you cannot change (unless you move up on the list due to people not responding), OR a honorable mention where you cannot select any of those 6.

Holidays can be chosen by HM winners, if I recall correctly.

I believe a prize winner can choose to take a lower prize or an HM instead. Thus bumping up members in the lower ranks. So someone who won a Gold could ask for a Silver version if they wanted. But someone that won Bronze could not ask for a Gold instead.

Prize winners also have the option of deciding if they want to be redrawn for the higher ranks in the event of people moving up or would rather keep what they have. (I know I prefer the silver versions of both, so wouldn't really want to be bumped up to Gold) Not that I will ever win.

As the actual topic:

I've actually given the question a lot of thought, having been here since the tree decorating (as my signature still says...should really update that). I think I would go with a CB breed-only. I even have copies of all the sprites on a separate file so I could look at just them. Pretty sure I would go with an Alt Vine/Dark Green. Second choice would be a Blue Stripe. I also know what code I want, but I'm not sharing so no one else can "steal". (just in case.)

It'd be very hard for me to decide between a CB Female Alt Black/CB Holly. Though I would probably go with the Alt. My next choice would be a CB Female Geode just to breed with a male gold and inbreed from there. o3o

I would ask for a breedable unbreedable. Probably a paper whom I would breed with a GoN or with a cb rare.

If that's not possible, I would ask for a CB shimmer with some awesome code.

Reconsidering, I would ask for a breedable neglected.

I'd ask for a Frill or an Old Pink. Or maybe a CB Hybrid or a Yellow Undine... I don't know, it's so hard to decide! tongue.gif

I would get a prize dragon, if I was able to choose a prize. WHat prize would depend upon my rank, failing that a CB holly. or maybe an alt vine.

If I were to get a Prize though, I would not announce my win. I would have scroll name off and the code is chosen in my head. It would work amazingly well with a dragon already on my scroll providing no refuse happens.

The Prize would be influenced Female, as I already have a singular mate in mind. This mate would be permanent, unless *I* felt like breeding it to something else.

When it gets found out that I have such a thing, I probably would not be open to trade, and I would not have a breeding list at all. I would gift but to those I choose - likely my nearest and dearest only. But any people who try to request would be ignored entirely. Then it would sit in my collection like most dragons do as my collection is vampires.

Basically this has always been how I figured I would do it.

I would select a prize if I was given that option, otherwise it's a tough call but probably an old pink. I have one which isn't CB, so I'd love to have one that would have offspring usable for breeding projects! I'd be tempted to get a Frill too, so I could have a CB female to go with my CB male. Another close runner up would be a Holly.

CB holly no matter where I fall on the list. I don't want the responsibility of breeding for others if I end up with a shimmer/tinsel.

CB holly no matter where I fall on the list. I don't want the responsibility of breeding for others if I end up with a shimmer/tinsel.

And you think people wouldn't ask you to breed your CB Holly all the time? biggrin.gif

I'd be tempted to get a Frill too, so I could have a CB female to go with my CB male.

And then they'd refuse, just to spite you....

And you think people wouldn't ask you to breed your CB Holly all the time? biggrin.gif

Honestly? No. Because I wouldn't make it known outside of a select few.

I also remove my scroll name during the holidays and change my IRC name as well, I've done this since I caught my 2nd gen holly in 2009- never had a stalker yet.

A CB prize, of course, for the ensuing fun it would bring. Breeding for people, watching lineages grow... more importantly, holding ridiculous giveaways and trades. 3 CB metallics? Psh, I'd want nine CB Nocturnes. Nine dragons with codes starting with a 9. Free 2nd gen to anyone who knows what the most awesome number is, and then pick the 9th person to answer. Random eggs tossed to people who didn't even ask. It'd be hilarious.

A CB prize, of course, for the ensuing fun it would bring. Breeding for people, watching lineages grow... more importantly, holding ridiculous giveaways and trades. Random eggs tossed to people who didn't even ask. It'd be hilarious.

This!

Plus lets not forget seeing the crazy names people come up with for my baby's babies! AND swapping the babies for other nice things to give away. Dropping a second gen prize egg on the AP just to imagine the squeeing when someone catches it? Oh yes. I Love stalking my dragons' progeny anyway, and this would be even more fun than your average dragon.

I'd ask for a CB Gold Tinsel.

I have only 2 gold tinsels and both are long lineaged. I'd ADORE a CB prize gold tinsel! I wouldn't be greedy either. I would actually take trades I WANT, not the most expensive trade, for example. So tired of seeing people do that in trade threads. They don't have any of what they're asking for on their wishlist, they just seem to be asking because people expect it. I would, however, expect at least 10 Sunrise, Pillow, or Blusang hatchies in exchange for my generosity. laugh.gif

Ooh, I feel like it would be difficult to decide. The only thing I know for certain is that I would ask for the code "helix" no matter what. Besides that, I would love to ask for a CB silver tinsel, a CB holly, or even a CB skywing because I love collecting those (the code would make it one of a kind!).

I'd definitely take the Prize dragon if I won that high up. If I got the HM, I'd finally get my CB Holly. I don't think I'll ever have any real chance at winning, but even so, I've thought about it enough to already have plans for both hammered out in my head...

Edited by Riannon

A prize dragon. But if I get the HM, I'd choose a CB breedable only dragon: Avatar of Change (if possible) or Ultraviolet.

I'd ask for a CB Holly with the code DWARF or a Bright Pink

Of course if I won a CB Prize I'd totally claim that.

Edited by Starbit-Plushie