Taleena Fuka

Clandestine Rhymes

user posted image

Complete and utter bewilderment surged through Zofia's mind as an ear-splitting roar suddenly erupted from the cave. A yelp of surprise escaped her and she spun around, her blue eyes wide with shock. She could feel her heart pounding rapidly in her chest. It felt as though it had leaped into her throat. Her breaths came out in long raspy segments and she was pretty sure the tips of her claws were shaking. It took several moments before she could regain her composure, but even then, she was shaken. Zofia's "cape" was still around her, but it was strung around her more harshly than it was before. Her wings gripped her frame and grasped part of her body they could. The long and protruded yellow tendrils that pulled back from Zofia's head swayed lightly from side to side which became the only animated part of her stiff form.

It only took a heartbeat or two for Zofia to locate the source of the terrifying roar. A large male, dark in color, was walking among the cave dwellers. Unlike everyone else, this stranger looked as though he was ready to lash out at any moment. He looked like he was going to blow and he just seemed... dangerous in general. Compared to everyone else, the male looked like a bomb ticking away and waiting off to go at any moment. Everyone else looked friendly compared to him. The Royal Blue's threat to the Misfit seemed minor when compared to the puff of flame that escaped the male's nostrils when he gave a loud snort of contempt.

The first sign of someone else registering the male's roar was Lucifer's sharp head turn. A low growl emitted from his throat for just a few seconds before disappearing. The male's eyes glanced between the newcomer and Sierra. It appeared as though the green male was debating if she could intersect paths with the new male or stay with Sierra, least she attack someone else. Zofia herself could not bare to keep her gaze away from the male. He was slowly making his way to the entrance and there was no way Zofia was going to let someone so hot-headed walk away without being monitored. His roar surely got some people's attention, but for how long would they watch before they went on their separate ways? Someone needed to keep an eye on this other male and Zofia wasn't exactly doing anything else. As more strangers began to gather near Anu, asking her the same questions over and over again as though they expected her to have all the answers, Zofia turned her body towards the inside of the cave and locked her gaze upon the roaming male. She didn't care if he say her watching him, she was going to make sure no one was going to get hurt because of him. If he started to get rough with someone, Zofia could make use of the large gathering that was surrounding Anu. Perhaps one of them would be willing to stop a fight if Zofia pointed it out to them. After all, there was plenty of people around the green female. Surely one of them, if not several of them, could handle the big hot-headed male.

user posted image

"Thanks," Enid said, her voice a lot less contemptful and bitter than earlier. She didn't feel angry or spiteful towards "Kalu," whom she had apparently been mispronouncing, anymore. The feeling had, well, washed away. Like a river carrying off silt to reveal a clean stone beneath it. It was odd, but she tried not to dwell on it too much. Instead she focused on not being dead weight on Kalu's shoulders. The dragon had positioned himself beneath her in just such a way that she could still move her legs freely, and she decided to do just that. Not only was it the polite thing to do, it was good exercise. After all, if she wanted to shed the thick hide of clumsiness that practically suffocated her she'd have to fight against it, which meant learning how legs worked. She felt kind of awkward with the way Kalu had sandwiched himself underneath her, though. She wondered what crazy intricate dance would be required to actually get off him now that he was directly under her belly. However, once the blue dragon's neck was at its peak, Enid realized it actually wouldn't be too bad at all. In fact, it was easy. It was like having a supporter beneath her while she readjusted herself. Slowly, and then gradually faster, she scooted backwards and off of Kalu until she was standing on her own once again. It was surprisingly easier this time, now that she had practice. She felt like she could even try walking, now that she'd gotten a taste of it with her new friend under her. Which reminded her: she owed Kalu exactly one apology.

"Thanks again," she said. "And, uh," she stuttered, looking down sheepishly and blushing a little. "Sorry, for, um, yelling at you earlier. I shouldn't have done that. I don't know what came over m-" Enid's eyes went wide as her eardrums were shattered by an deafening roar, interrupting her failing apology and almost sending her back to the floor. She stumbled a little bit before looking around frantically, trying to find the source. It looked to be, as far as she could tell, coming from a seething brownish purple dragon whose muzzle was flaring with smoke. "Hey, curb your massive tongue!" She said in a flustered tone, hoping she didn't sound too frightened. She felt herself trembling a little, but she hoped no one else noticed. She didn't want to come off as a coward, even in the presence of such an intimidating force. "Kalu, are you okay? That was a pretty startling experience," she said, going from pointless anger at the blue dragon to concern. Her mind was all jumbled up in the brawling emotions that wared inside. She shook her head a little, but tried to stay up. She didn't want to fall again.

"Maybe I should just go to the front, like they want," she said quietly to herself. "That seems like a better plan than acting like I don't want to..."

Edited by Psycho Cat

user posted image

Kalu waited patiently as Enid rose to her feet again. His head and neck protested a little, not accustomed to having so much weight on them, but he ignored them. Helping someone out was more important than a little personal discomfort. Soon enough, Enid was standing again and was able to maneuver herself out from under him on her own. "Thanks again."

Kalu immediately forgot any residual discomfort he might be experiencing with those words. He suddenly felt an immense sense of accomplishment and a warm feeling filled his chest. He listened to the pink dragon continue speaking and was about to reply to her, when suddenly a loud roar filled the cavern and reverberated off the cave walls, the suddenness of it making him give a small start.

Kalu looked around and saw that a large, aggressive-looking dragon had woken up further back in the cave. The dragon looked upset, and as Kalu watched a small lick of flame escaped from his mouth, leaving no doubt as to where the loud noise had originated in his mind. Enid seemed to agree with him, as she directed a "Hey, curb your massive tongue!" in the newly awakened dragon's direction. The Moonstone was briefly worried that the much smaller pink dragon would try to start something with the larger one, but he quickly realized that her voice was much shakier than it had been before, and when he shifted his gaze back to her Kalu realized that she was trembling slightly. Hopefully that meant things would be OK.

Kalu looked back towards the larger male dragon, trying to gauge the situation. As far as he could tell, the newly awakened one, while definitely upset, didn't look like he was going to attack anyone, so as long as they could avoid irritating him any further, everything should be fine. Hearing Enid murmur something softly about going to the cave entrance, Kalu looked over at her. He felt a strong impulse to protect the other dragon, even though he was pretty sure there was nothing he could actually do to do so. It certainly didn't feel like he was good at fighting, which was all the information he had to go on at the moment, and the upset dragon was a lot bigger than him as well.

"I'm just fine, Enid," he told her, trying to sound reassuring. He wasn't sure if it worked, but went on anyway, "I think going to the front of the cave is a good idea. The dragons there seem to want to help us out, and I think we should try to help them out as well." While Kalu didn't have much hope that the group of dragons would have much information about what was going on, given that they seemed just as confused about what was going on as everyone else, certainly joining the larger group felt like the right thing to do about now. And it was growing - there were four dragons there that Kalu hadn't seen before, colored white, brown, cream and blue, and orange. "I don't think that that grumpy one will want to bother so many people, either," he added, trying to encourage Enid. On the one hand, he definitely wanted to join the group even if Enid didn't, but on the other, it didn't feel right to abandon her, either. He took a few steps toward the cave entrance, then stopped and glanced back at the pink dragon to see if she was following him.

Edited by Avialae

((Should have waited til saturday night to post? Well, technically sunday early morning? Who's bright idea was that!? ...Oh it was mine, sorry guys. Just letting you know as a refresher Anu is still laying down, I haven't mentioned her getting up from her sitting position yet. So Anu is about as big as maybe Radovan or Lucifer currently.))

user posted image

"My god, so much chaos and new dragons running amok already..! I'm not even sure all of the dragons were able to hear or listen to what I had to say. Gosh, I must have waited TOO long!" There were many dragons now assembled at the front, and just as many firing the same questions at her. She even heard a small voice below her asking for a good hiding spot. Before she could respond properly she heard a loud, threatening roar that terrified her but didn't dare to show on her face. In response to the need to protect she cupped her paws around the pygmy to shield him from view. Scanning the premise it didn't take her long to spot the restless dark purple dragon apparently fuming for no reason. "What can I do? He looks like danger. My first priority is to protect everyone. But is there anyone here who can help me fulfill that duty?" The word duty held some sort of heavy meaning to her but she didn't have time to ponder that now. Every part of her body felt tense, felt ready to fight. But when the target dragon went into a sort of calm state, she also calmed and felt a sense of brief relief. That relief didn't last long but at the very least she wasn't battle ready and in a state of mind to sacrifice herself for the safety of the others. "I want to make sure that dragon is a danger or not."

The image of the sea green dragon dealing with the much smaller bright green dragon came to mind. She admired how he dealt with the situation so well- perhaps he can do something like that for the entire group again. He didn't seem to be busy- or wait maybe the dragon is. He seems to be keeping tabs on the smaller bright green dragon... As if to make sure she won't cause trouble again! This furthered her admiration, she never thought that the little one would ever cause trouble again. Closing her eyes and focusing her mind on that single mission, she reached her mind out to contact the sea green dragon. Unlike her previous connection with Zofia, Anu's mental state was pristine- it was clear what she wanted to convey and in fact it might've came off as a bit strong coming from her. <Sorry for speaking to you through your mind but could you go up to that dark purple dragon over there that did that ear splitting roar earlier? I know its dangerous and that you're probably guarding the little bright one so she won't do anything else. However, it would help us all the most if you can sort out what's wrong with him. And above all, whether he's a threat to those of us in this cave, awake or not. I must tend to the dragons in front of me so I hope with all my heart that you may do this favor for me.>

Closing her connection with his mind she opened her eyes again to address the dragons in front of her. The adrenaline of having to feel like she and everyone else are under a threat helped her return to the thoughts she was thinking of earlier and firmly conclude that its best that they move to get food in pairs. Although she spoke with her regular demeanor in the beginning, she became more serious as she went on. Thankfully she ended on a more warming and encouraging tone. "I'm terribly sorry to all of you that I could not swiftly reply to each of you individually. I hope all of you are listening as I do not wish to repeat myself more than necessary. None of us knows what's truly going on: why we've all seemed to have slept for a long time, why we're all here and perhaps most mystifying of all why none of us can remember anything save for our names and the basics of basics. All I personally know right now is that we should all split into groups- a minimum of twos, a maximum of four- so that we may obtain food to suit a majority of our preference, a water supply and a layout of where we are. I'd like everyone awake to decide on your own who you will go with and to keep each other safe. I will NOT tolerate anyone going outside alone. Finally if any of you ever feel in danger run back here or send any kind of signal you can that indicates your need of help- I or others who decide to stay here will do their best to come for you. I'd like everyone to come back when the sun is at its highest, so that we may bring back bounty to everyone else along with knowledge of what we've each learned. We may all be amnesiacs, but we can all help each other learn about our surroundings and resources!" Anu knew that there were many things still wrong with her speech and that she might've been a tad bit harsh and demanding. She wouldn't blame any of them at all if they didn't listen to her or showed signs of annoyance for her taking such charge. But... She didn't know what came over her. She didn't have any idea at all if this was a good thing that she tensed up like she did or not. She didn't know at all.

Edited by Taleena Fuka

user posted image

Irawyr

"Hey, curb your massive tongue!"

Irawyr heard the small pink dragon's reprimand and immediately changed course to move in her direction. He wasn't perceptive enough in this foggy state to discern her nervousness and took it as pure challenge.

"What was that, dainty one?" His voice rang out crisp and clear, but not loud.

There was no hint of menace in his voice, but it was clearly not a question either. They both knew full well what had been said. He loomed over her and bared his fangs, "Because that sounded like a challenge." On the final word Irawyr's nostrils flared with a puff of smoke and his voice took a turn for the sinister

He pulled back to sit on his hind legs, extending his wings slightly to make himself look even larger. His glare remained on the Dainty One at all times. Irawyr saw physical strength as the ultimate decision of one's ability to command others. If this puny little pink thing thought she deserved to command him, he would demonstrate otherwise. By crushing her throat between two claws if need be. The little twerp surely deserved that. He could use her as an example for what would happen to those who chose to cross him. It would be easy, there was certainly no reason not to. And yet, he didn't. He simply sat and awaited a response, hopefully a sufficiently frightened apology

Edited by MasterWeavile898

user posted image

The small dragon was about to say something else, feeling somewhat ignored, when a mighty roar echoed through the cave. The roar literally made the pygmy's entire body to shake, not with fear, but with literal vibrations!

"Whoa! What the heck was that!?" Of course he knew it was most obviously another dragon, yet it was just how unexpected it was that shocked him. His eyes darted around the cave, looking for the source, before they finally came upon a large, brutish looking dragon with horns that seemed to remind him of a ram, and smoke coming out of his nostrils. The pygmy had a pretty good view of him, before two massive claws cupped themselves in front of him. Looking up, he saw the large green dragon that was literally right behind him, looking at the brutish dragon with a worried look on her face.

'Geez, whats his problem?' The pygmy asked himself, as he looked over the large claws in front of him, watching the large, brutish dragon with curly horns- Screw it, he was dubbing him Ramsey until he got his actual name...unless it really was Ramsey. - make his way towards the entrance of the cave. There was no doubt about it that this guy was someone to keep an eye on, much less keep from attacking everyone, right next to the large fanged dragon - Now dubbed Sabremouth until further notice..

It was then that the massive green dragon- The pygmy considered dubbing her Sequoia until he got her real name. - above him began speaking to the awoken inhabitants of the cave. She seemed careful with her words, and suggested that they stick together and fan out to get a lay of the land around them. He had to admit that he somewhat liked her, seeing as she was the type to care for everyone, proven by how quick she was to try and shield a smaller dragon like himself from danger. He had a feeling that most dragons of her size wouldn't even give someone of his size a second thought, normally.

"Hey, curb your massive tongue!"

It was that dragon that had wanted to beat the living daylights out of him from earlier - he felt tempted to give her a nickname, yet he was at a loss at the moment.- , and she had caught the brutish dragons attention. The pygmy watched as the massive dragon changed directions, obviously annoyed, and began to approach the drake. When he was close enough, he began talking, and raised himself, spreading a somewhat impressive wingspan in order to make himself seem bigger and more threatening.

'Ok, 'Ramsey' vs dragon with a mouth, who is likely to win in this situation?' He was silent for a moment, before sighing, saying, "Yeah, no question there."

OOC: Just in case of anyone who I gave the character of a momentary nickname, please PM me if any of you dislike me doing so and I'll be glad to edit that section out.

Edited by Draconic29

((Just for the record Draconic, Speckle-Throated Dragons aren't drakes. They're normal dragons.))

user posted image

She stared up at the large, purple dragon, now directly in front of her, or, more so above her. This, of course, only fortified her own rather smallness compared to most of the dragons in the cave, especially the one before her. She shrank back a little at his looming presence. Surely Enid had expected him to take a second look at her, probably throw back his own insult, too, but this? There was a good chance he would eat the little pink dragon! Or gore her to death with those massive yellow horns. She tried to decide which was worse. "Both, I suppose," she muttered softly under her breath. She had been doing a lot of talking to herself, she realized, but now was probably a better time to think about her next move, not various quirks about herself she was slowly remembering since she had awoken. "So, flight or flight? Hmm..." Suddenly the loud, boisterous dragon interrupted her mumbles again, this time with speech rather than a bellow.

"What was that, dainty one? Because that sounded like a challenge." Enid whimpered a little.

"I was just talking to myself," she said, looking down. "I mean, it's not like- wait. Are you talking about what I said earlier?" That would have made more sense. He was probably referring to her rephrased version of 'shut up.' Her face crinkled, and that odd sensation of her mind flipping over on its side overcame her again. Suddenly, she wasn't scarred anymore. She was angry. Infuriated, in fact. Like she had been with Kalu, only this time she had a reason to be mad, and unlike Kalu she guessed there was no secret friendship hidden in this monster. "You know what?" She said, rearing her head and raising the pair of antennae the adorned her. "Maybe it was a challenge. What's it to you? Because I'm a female? Because I'm small? Is it because I'm pink? You know, just because you're all big and muscular and such doesn't make you all that." She dug her claws into the ground and stared the giant right into his deep crimson eyes. She wondered what the other dragons thought of this. They were all probably thinking she looked like an idiot. She probably did. But she still had her pride to defend. "Now, I'm going to say what I said earlier: "You males and your big fancy muscles may make you feel great and all, but I'm just fine all by myself, thanks." And I, sir, stick to my words, no matter how big and fancy you may be. You want to tussle? Go ahead. But let me warn you, the moment you lay a claw on my little head, you're making an enemy of a whole cave of dragons. Some of them bigger than you." Enid gestured to the large, green female that had intimidated her earlier. "So yes, you goliath meat head, you could consider it a challenge. Go ahead. Take me on. I'm waiting." Out of the corner of her her, Enid thought she saw the light from the cave's entrance bend a little. She paid no mind to it though. It was probably a trick of the mind conjured by her sudden burst of bravery. Now one of two things would happen. Either the dragon would heed her words and back off, or he'd come at her anyways. She just hoped she had played her cards right, or Enid the brave would become Enid the pile of goo.

user posted image

<Sorry for speaking to you through your mind but could you go up to that dark purple dragon over there that did that ear splitting roar earlier? I know its dangerous and that you're probably guarding the little bright one so she won't do anything else. However, it would help us all the most if you can sort out what's wrong with him. And above all, whether he's a threat to those of us in this cave, awake or not. I must tend to the dragons in front of me so I hope with all my heart that you may do this favor for me.>

Hearing an unexpected, but clear, voice in his head left Lucifer disoriented for only a few seconds. As soon as he gathered his thoughts, Lucifer began to silently listen to he message being sent to him. He could recognize the voice as that of great wingless female Anu. From what Lucifer gathered, she was slowly integrating herself as some form of a leader. She seemed to be gaining authority of others shown by just how many people went up to her for guidance. Anu was placing herself as the leader, at least it seemed as so, and therefore Lucifer had to respond to her command.

<You needn't worry,> Lucifer reassured Anu ash he tried to grasp at the anomaly that was telepathy. <I shall see to it that the dark purple male is under my watchful eye.>

Though reluctant to leave Sierra's side, Lucifer knew that the other male was the bigger problem at the current moment. If she made a ruckus, then Lucifer could tend to her, but for now, the brutish male was more important. Just glancing in his general direction was enough to get Lucifer up in arms. A dainty shiny female was making some snide remark to the big purple fella. It only took one insult to drive him her way. He was soon towering over her, nostrils flaring. Though the smaller female flinched at first, she soon began to puff out her own chest and share a few choice words with the large male. It didn't matter how strong the female thought she was, there was no way she could physically fend the Brute off by herself. He was far too large and unless she was somehow a wondrous fighter, there was no way she was going to take on the male.

"Sir! I would refrain from replying to that comment!" Lucifer called as he pushed Sierra into the back of his mind and began to bound towards the couple. His mind had significantly improved since he had woken up. It felt clear, refreshed even, as opposed to being muddled. In a few heart beats, Lucifer had hopped his way over the bodies littering the floor and stopped himself a few feet away from the couple.

"While I understand that you two may not exactly fancy each other," Lucifer began as he skidded to a halt. "I must insist that you cease your quarrel. The situation is not exactly the best one for bad blood to boil. If you two may be so kind as to perhaps go to the entrance to help the others I reckon that would solve our little dispute." Though his words were kind enough, Lucifer's voice was tense. He was not trying to make himself intimidating, but he did want to give off the impression that he was not going to sit back and watch the two strangers fight. He was fully prepared to pull the two apart should the need arise.

"I for one will not tolerate such immature behavior from adults such as yourselves," Lucifer added, giving both parties measuring looks. "Now is not the time to battle amongst ourselves. We should be more concerned about our predicament rather than who can throw out the largest insult. Need I elaborate?"

user posted image

Radovan stared, waiting for his words to sink in. They didn't. Either the green female hadn't heard him, or she hadn't cared enough about what he had to say to bother. He snorted.

Figures. I have a feeling I'm not going to get a straight answer out of anyone. May as well find things out for myself.

Sighing, he turned away to face the rest of the cave. He really wanted to leave, but the green female would probably object. She seemed like the kind to worry about everything and anything until her head explodes from the stress. For whatever reason, that dynamic was very familiar to him. He chalked it up to his missing memories. The gaping hole in his brain tickled against his conscience, but there was nothing he could do about it. No one here was capable enough to give him answers, and even if they were he didn't want to ask them. They had caused him enough grief already. Besides, the smell they gave off was too distracting for him to focus long enough to scrape together enough neurons to speak. His stomach grumbled loudly.

Abruptly, an ear-shattering roar filled the cave, echoing in Radovan's already rattled skull. He winced, his face contorting into a grimace. He looked around for the source of the noise, and almost immediately his vision was filled with a giant purple-black dragon. He blinked.

Alright then. Great. Just what I need, more blood and noise.

A small pink female riding on the back of a Moonstone shouted an insult. The large purple dragon, another male by the smell of him, responded in turn. Radovan raised his eyebrows.

This is stupid.

The talkative pink female chattered off a response.

"You want to tussle? Go ahead. But let me warn you, the moment you lay a claw on my little head, you're making an enemy of a whole cave of dragons. Some of them bigger than you."

The vampire would have laughed. He had to admit, the little thing had guts. He was impressed despite himself.

Wait... is she talking about me? I mean, yeah, I'd intervene if the censorkip.gif*** tried to start something, but only because I don't want... blood... everywhere. Plus it would be noisy, and my head hurts enough as it is.

He stepped forward, hesitating. He should probably do something. No one else was moving to help her.

"Sir! I would refrain from replying to that comment! While I understand that you two may not exactly fancy each other. I for one will not tolerate such immature behavior from adults such as yourselves. Now is not the time to battle amongst ourselves. We should be more concerned about our predicament rather than who can throw out the largest insult. Need I elaborate?"

Radovan looked down, watching the green male from before step in.

Nosy little bugger, isn't he?

Sighing, he moved forward a couple paces, keeping his eye on the two combatants. The green male probably wouldn't have an issue subduing one of them, but he might need a hand with the larger male. A cursory glance around the cave showed Radovan that he was the second to largest. The Terrae seemed like the non-violent sort, and he wouldn't trust any of the smaller dragons not to get hurt. Besides, his life wasn't worth much. No one would miss him if he died.

"Yeah," he rasped. He cleared his throat absentmindedly. "Listen to the zealot. He sounds like he knows what he's doing, and god knows that's needed." He nodded towards the Brute. "I know you just woke up and you're probably really ****ing angry about it, but don't pick fights. It'll get you nothing. I can't say we're all friend here, since I obviously know nothing about any of you, but we probably shouldn't claw eachother to pieces."

user posted image

Wincing at Eve's aggressive barrage of insults, Kalana stood and shuffled awkwardly. She sighed in relief when the tiny green dragon scampered off, but continued to stare at the masked bluish dragon fearfully, frightened by her sudden change of temperament. She had seemed so kind and soft-spoken before, someone completely passive that would make a great friend, but that seemed utterly untrue now. Her ferocity was unnatural, but it was there. Kalana shrunk back, inching towards the cave's exit. This dragon, Evelyn- she wasn't a friend, she was scary. Though she understood that misbehaving little hatchlings needed to be dealt with, the bright swirly dragon that had attacked them didn't mean any harm- he just wanted to have fun. Besides, the verbal thrashing had been harsh, at least to her. She wasn't sure, but was quite certain that she would've let the hyper little thing go with an annoyed glare at most, maybe accompanied by a mild warning. There was no need to start conflict, especially when everyone was so confused. The issue at hand was major, even if she wasn't panicking or having any extreme personal worries. If they spread themselves over petty things, the mystery would never be solved and they might not even survive.

Stuttering as she struggled to find the right words, Kalana crouched before Evelyn, her eyeballs shifting upwards to look at the other dragon. Her head was low, almost touching the ground and her bent legs were trembling from strain and nervousness when she finally decided on how she would adress the other dragon. She pulled her eyes away from the glimmering silver mask and swirls to avoid being distracted took a deep breath, feeling her lungs stretch to their limit before she began. "O-oh, um... T-that w-was a little f-fierce, wasn't it? He w-was just playing, that d-doesn't w-warrant such a s-scolding... B-but, if y-you want to go l-look f-for food n-now, I could g-go w-with you, if you w-want. W-we're not supposed to go alone, y-yes?" What Kalana had hoped would be soft and mildly reprimanding turned out nothing to the effect she wanted. Her words were mumbled, stammering and barely audible, and she spoke while facing the floor. In fact, she had wanted to run midway through her words, only staying because she wanted to prove to everyone around her that she was strong, and had good manners. Truth be told, she had wanted to flee as soon as Evelyn began yelling at the other dragon, only stopped by, yet again, proper etiquette. And, she wanted to run now. Embarrassed and scared, she wanted nothing more than to to escape, the mere thought of conflict making her grow nervous. Yet, for the sake of politeness, she knew she had to stay. Especially so, since the silvery spirally dragon had reverted back to being kind and soft so quickly.

She forced herself to lift up her head, and then immediately began to scan the cave to avoid eye-contact with Evelyn. Noticing the larger quarrelling dragons in the corner, she quickly averted her gaze to that too, quickly giving herself a mental note not to look in that direction again. She realized how many were merely sitting, standing or lying down, doing nothing of note. Despite the huge creamy green dragon's telepathic command, she found very few responding, or acting accordingly. Determined to be of use, she turned bravely to look Evelyn in the face and, as firmly as she could, said "Not many are doing much, let's go find someone else and go outside to find food for everyone." Despite her efforts, her voice remained small and apprehensive, albeit more stable than before. She continued, raising the tone of her voice so it would be more audible. "Who should we take? I mean, we don't have to, but more would be safer and easier. And maybe we all eat different things, so we could collect a bigger variety of food, too."

Edited by KoalaNoob

user posted image

Eve felt horrible about reprimanding the Pygmy, and she could clearly tell by the submissive look on Kalana's face, that she had scared her. Although Eve was quite calmed down already from the previous moment's events, she took on an even softer tone than she usually did in an effort to assure Kalana that she was no longer angry.

"Yes, I think we should go look for food. Maybe we can bring that blue male with us." She replied, in a soothing tone. She turned and gestured to where a rather hesitant-looking Moonstone was slowly making his way towards the cave entrance. While he appeared deep in thought, Eve could tell from, perhaps a glint in his eye, that he wanted to help out in some way. She gently called out to him, as he was close enough that she didn't need to shout overly loud. "Would you like to accompany us as we gather food from outside the cave? You look like you're aching for something to do." She chirped.

Eve gave the Moonstone a warm smile before she turned back to Kalana. She still appeared rather frightened. Eve placed her shout lower than Kalana's- a submissive, kind, gesture. "I don't know what got into me back there..That Pygmy had me rather startled. I'm a bit tense, you could say, as it's frustrating not being able to remember anything. I'm sorry for frightening you. It'll never happen again, my friend. I give you my word." Eve hoped Kalana would accept her apology. She would continue the respectful gesture until either the Moonstone came over in response to Eve's invitation, or Kalana forgave her.

Edited by skiddajane

user posted image

As Kalu waited to see if Enid was going to follow him, he realized that the large purplish dragon that she had snapped at earlier was heading towards her. His stomach dropped slightly; it was obvious that the large male wasn't in the friendliest of moods, and honestly the Moonstone had hoped that the other dragon hadn't heard the pink female. The uneasiness in his stomach turned into an ice cold pit when the large male actually spoke, smoke curling up from his nostrils and voice layered with menace. Kalu had hoped that the Brute might not be quite as unfriendly as his initial impression had indicated, at least not to the point that he'd physically harm someone, but apparently he was wrong.

The ice in his stomach spread to his entire body as Enid, for some reason only known to herself, continued to insult the large and clearly aggressive male, even going so far as to challenge him to a fight herself, claiming that the other dragons in the cave would protect her. Kalu really hadn't thought that the pink female would be so stupid as to actually challenge the dangerous male, even he did take an issue with her - especially since she could barely walk. And while it was true that there were other large dragons around that might protect her from harm, Kalu knew that it wasn't right to make them get involved on her behalf.

Even so, Kalu knew that he couldn't just let Enid be torn to bits by the purple male, even if no one else intervened, even if he couldn't do anything except be a living shield. He couldn't let someone else get hurt while he just stood there, even if they'd sort of brought it on themselves, it wasn't right. But he couldn't move to defend the pink dragon. His body was frozen and he couldn't make it move, not because he was having any problems doing so, but out of fear. He knew the big male would kill him if he tried to step in and that paralyzed him. He could faintly hear a voice calling to him, but in his current mental state Kalu couldn't really make out the words.

It wasn't long before the green male Kalu had seen when he'd first woken up and a brown one, both around the size of the purplish dragon, headed over to head him off and hopefully avert a crisis. Kalu felt himself relax and felt shame fill him. It was true that the other two dragons were much more likely to be able to handle the situation than he was, but even so he should have tried to do something himself. He then saw a flash of pink behind the green male - Enid apparently hadn't moved yet. Kalu felt a renewed sense of purpose - he might not be able to help out with the current threat, but at least he could get the person who was in danger to safety.

Kalu picked himself up and hurried back over to Enid - his body didn't feel nearly as heavy anymore, due to all the adrenaline running through it from recent incidents, and positioned himself in front of her, wings half-spread in order to try to keep her out of the purple Brute's sight. "Enid, we should go now," he told her in a low, urgent tone. "It would be best if we're safely out of the way in case the others start to fight." He couldn't help but feel guilty that he was leaving the conflict to them, especially giving the circumstances of the situation, but he didn't think that there was anything constructive that he could do.

Edited by Avialae

user posted image

Chorus was really starting to dislike these dragons. Her questions were going unanswered, though with so many frustrating distractions that was unsurprising. A few of them seemed sensible enough and knew how to keep themselves focused, but the others... it started with the little green one, the one she finally decided had to be a kind of pygmy breed, and now the situation had escalated to the massive purple brute. Surprisingly, Chorus hadn't really been affected by his roar. It was loud, yes, but the noise itself didn't bother her. His attitude, on the other hand, needed a little adjustment.

Nothing was going to get done around here if all anyone bothered to do was start fights. "I agree with this one," she said, pointing at the fanged male near her and raising her voice loudly, "Temper tantrums aren't going to do any of us much good, now are they? One would hope that petty quarrels can be avoided until we understand what is going on here." Chorus shot a look at the pink speckled for good measure - the brute may have started the trouble, but the small female was only making it worse.

"I might add, little pink... it seems just a bit presumptuous of you to think that all of us will spring into action just because you got in over your head. Your attitude is not as fetching as you may believe." Chorus kept her voice calm and even, and if the little female took offense at her words, well, so be it.

Flaring her wings out and then settling them around her sides, Chorus privately thought about the Terrae's words. Splitting into groups to look for food and investigate their surroundings... it seemed like a good idea, but Chorus was hesitant to group with any of these dragons. She understood the need to cooperate with them, but she knew little about them and if they could be trusted. Instinct still demanded that she avoid the fanged male, but he was one of the most reasonable in the group, if a bit uncouth.

Some of the other dragons were moving around, conversing quietly, and Chorus assumed they were grouping together to start looking for food. She was honestly starting to consider asking the brown male if he wanted to join her in looking outside, since the green female said that no one should be journeying out alone.

Standing herself up on her front legs, she slithered over to where the male had moved and husked, "Nothing productive will come of a fight, and the Terrae says we ought to group up to search outside." Keeping her head held high, Chorus took note of the height difference between herself and the other dragons. The brutish one was towering above her, and the fanged male was more than twice her height.

Still, Chorus felt no unease being around the larger dragons. If tensions turned on her, she would deal with it. Continuing her train of thought, she said to the fanged dragon, "Besides, outside is quieter. If the brute wants a fight so badly, he ought to have to chase it down. Would you care to accompany me in searching for food, and possibly some answers?"

Edited by Lumikkja

user posted image

Irawyr

Irawyr suddenly found himself overwhelmed by a mass of others. He couldn't take on the larger two in a fight, and shrank slightly from his overbearing position. It was none of their business, and he was about to say so when yet another dragon entered the discussion. He didn't even hear what she said, his head fogged up and there was a shooting pain in his sinuses. It was simply the overwhelming influx of worthless noise. Did these idiots not understand anything? Talking was worthless, if they wanted to command him, they needed to show him that they had the power to make him obey orders. Turning to the nearest dragon that looked like it could give him a challenge, as it happened the greenish one from earlier, he lowered himself back onto all fours and charged. Though it might have looked like a simple rage filled rampage as he closed the short gap between him and his target, it was actually a very calculated move. At the last second he lowered his head so that his horns were facing forward, lifted his legs of the ground, and flapped his massive wings once to give himself a little bit of extra speed. He directed his charge towards the other's stomach with the intent of causing extensive internal bruising. It wouldn't be fatal, but it would prevent the other from fighting for a few days. That left only the fanged one, a vampire? Standing in his way. He wasn't certain he wanted to deal with that, he couldn't exactly recall what a vampire was, but he knew they were dangerous. He was uncertain he wished to risk actually losing that fight.

(OOC: FYI, Irawyr doesn't know how big Anu is, though he could probably outfight her anyways)

user posted image

The amount of attention the Brute was getting was astonishing. He had gotten the attention of five or so dragons in the short time that he had been awake. Even now Lucifer could see that even more people were drawing their attention to the Brute. Out of the corner of his eye, Lucifer could see the purple female, Zofia, watching the Brute with a hawk's eye. For a moment, her gaze caught Lucifer's, but it shifted quickly. It appeared as though that she had been watching the brutish male carefully. Now that he had gained so much attention, Zofia had apparently decided that he had enough people watching him. She turned her head back towards to the light dwindling into the cavern.

Several more heated comments were thrown in the Brute's general direction. A long, lanky brown male contorted his face in disgust before stepping forward and sharing a few sharp words. The zealot comment brought a short snort of displeasure from Lucifer, but everything else he said was spot on. Another person, a female this time, came up and scolded both the Brute and the pink female. Her comments were strict, but finely placed. They almost brought a grin to Lucifer's face.

"Thank you, sers," Lucifer rumbled soundly as he inclined his head in the other two's general direction. "Now that we have that over with, perhaps we can-"

Out of the corner of his eye, Lucifer could see the Brute making a sharp movement. It took only a second for Lucifer to register what the Brute's intention was. Just as the Brute began to barrel towards him, Lucifer positioned himself into a more moveable stance. He tensed his muscles and stared his attacker down. The Brute seemed to be attacking in a blind rage. His charge seemed completely unprovoked, but Lucifer could not see his eyes and determined if they were wild or filled with cold calculation. Surprised at the Brute's speed, Lucifer spun his body away to face his attacker. If he let the purple make charge into him, then Lucifer might soon find himself in a undesirable situation. If he jumped out of the way now, however, then the Brute could simply turn and stomp on him when he was done. If he waited however, then things might go more smoothly. With a growl clawing out of his throat, Lucifer held his stance for what seemed like an eternity as the Brute charged towards him. Just as the purple male was gaining up on him, Lucifer pressed his wings against his side and rolled to the side and, hopefully, out of harm's way. There was a possibility that the Brute would be able to turn at the last second and ram into Lucifer, but the green male wasn't expecting that. He was counting on the purple male's rage and body weight to slow him down. Withholding an "oof" as he landed on his stomach, Lucifer leaped upward as he tried to regain his composure. With any luck, the Brute would not make a sharp turn and slam into Lucifer straight in the stomach. It would be rather silly of him to roll over to the side to only be met with the horns he was trying to escape.

user posted image

Enid stuck her nose in the air, indignant. Secretly she was glad Kalu could be used as a fallback excuse to leave the heated situation far, far behind her, but she tried not to show it. She didn't want to make that nasty old purple dragon feel any more above the others than he already did. She could tell he was going to turn out to be a bully, something she wouldn't stand for. "That green dragon had better do something if he insists we break up so much," she muttered angrily to herself, "or we'll have a tyrant on the loose." She hated him already, especially after his unspoken threat to smash her to bits. She wondered how much longer she could've held out before his massive foot had come down and crushed her... Turning back to face him one last time, she came to the conclusion that it wouldn't have been long. He was seething.

"I might add, little pink... it seems just a bit presumptuous of you think that all of us will spring into action just because you got in over your head. Your attitude is not as fetching as you may believe." Enid whipped her head around, a little startled by this new and rather uppity voice. She hadn't expected someone to actually call her out for what she had just did. Maybe become worried, as Kalu had—which was entirely understandable considering the physical prowess of the massive purple beast, and of course the admitable stupidity of her actions—but for someone to become visibly upset? If Enid was flustered earlier she was twofold now. After all, didn't that insolent snake see what the dragon had done? Was she really so willing to accept him as a self proclaimed, and quite asinine at that, leader of them all? Well, maybe she was, but the small, salmon dragon wouldn't stand for it, and her challenge had proven just that.

"For your information," Enid proclaimed to the lengthy blue dragon, "I was trying to keep this a civilized place, and sometimes civility must be forcefully obtained with force. Why don't you just walk over and make yourself his honorary servant if you're so quick to defend him?" She realized that her rant wouldn't do much good, as the blue dragon seemed to have already moved on. But she found that, surprisingly, she didn't actually care if her audience was listening. She just liked to talk aloud. Was that why she mumbled so much? Maybe. Her past was so unclear and foggy. Her own mind seemed to be an alien world. She wondered if Kalu, or any of the other dragons, felt that way, or if she were just alone. An outsider to herself and to the world around her, unable to keep her emotional levels stable. "Anyways, never mind that," Enid said suddenly, turning back to the other blue dragon who honestly had a much nicer demeanor. "Kalu, are you still with me? I think you're right. I'm just about ready to get out of this confusing hellhole and all of its 'wonderful' inhabitants. There's nothing left here but dead arguments and bossy pains in the ass. I could use a little fresh air. Let's round up your friends and get moving." Her stomach growled in agreement, and it was at that moment she realized how hungry she was. Enid felt like she hadn't eaten in a million years. Yes, she was definitely ready to skedaddle out of the unnatural cave.

As she trotted briskly ahead Kalu and raised her head to look for... well, whoever Kalu wanted to bring along, she felt the ground rumble behind her. That big purple dragon was doing something again. She exhaled sharply, biting her lip. She didn't dare look back to see what it was. She might have acted brave in front of him, but the big dragon still made her heart skip a beat. She just wanted to clear him from her mind. "Come on, hurry up!" She yipped, scuttling a little faster.

user posted image

More dragons looked up, listening to the argument Radovan suddenly found himself in. A small mottled tan-and-blue dragon with a lofty expression pointed a claw at him.

"I agree with this one. Temper tantrums aren't going to do any of us much good, now are they? One would hope that petty quarrels can be avoided until we understand what is going on here. I might add, little pink... it seems just a bit presumptuous of you think that all of us will spring into action just because you got in over your head. Your attitude is not as fetching as you may believe."

The vampire blinked. She was right, of course, but further arguing wasn't going to solve anything. He could feel the tension building in the air. Something, or someone, was going to snap. He sought desperately for a solution.

The serpentine female slithered over to him.

"Nothing productive will come of a fight, and the Terrae says we ought to group up to search outside. Besides, outside is quieter. If the brute wants a fight so badly, he ought to have to chase it down. Would you care to accompany me in searching for food, and possibly some answers?"

Radovan nodded in agreement.

"Answers would be fine, but-"

The earth trembled beneath his claws. He whirled, turning to face the source of the tremor. The angry Brute was bounding his way, heading straight for the green male. Radovan hissed, narrowing his eyes. What did the idiot think he was doing?

Out of the corner of his eye he saw the Undine move, diving and rolling to get out of the way. Radovan snarled, his lips curling back from his teeth. A growl rumbled in his chest. No one else was moving, apart from the small pink female and her entourage. He wanted desperately to stay and face down the Brute, but the Blusang beside him was in danger of being crushed. He swung himself in front of her. "Move!" he hissed.

user posted image

Kalu gave a tiny sigh of relief as Enid finally decided that it was a good idea to get out of the way of the two sparring giants. He would have liked nothing more than to run right after her, but instead he kept a close eye on the two combatants for a short while - neither of them had seemed to notice him, thankfully - in order to make sure her exit route would remain open. He winced as the seemed to move without care for the numerous dragons still sleeping on the cave floor - though it was hard to see if any had actually been injured, since Kalu was trying to keep his attention on the two that were already awake - but judging by the fact that they were still sleeping quite soundly, he reasoned that they couldn't have been hurt too badly. And fortunately, the green male was moving away from Enid, meaning that his opponent, who was currently charging at him, was also heading in the opposite direction. Kalu still felt guilty that he was just leaving the green dragon to fight on his own, but seeing the two larger males start to go at it really drove home the fact that he wouldn't be of any help in the fight, so he quickly began his own retreat.

Kalu had only gone a fairly short distance when he spotted the blue and cream serpentine dragon he'd seen grouped around the big green female at the front of the cave earlier. She had apparently moved closer to the fight, for whatever reason. He wasn't sure why she would do that, but it didn't really matter at the moment, since she was still close enough to the fighting dragons to still conceivably be in danger. Angling towards her as he ran away from the vicinity of the fight, he called out to her, "Excuse me, but it might be a good idea for you to move. I'm sure you're aware that those two dragons over there are fighting, and they're pretty big. If you stay where you are you could be in danger!" Kalu debated staying and helping her out as well, but then noticed the large brown male from earlier was close by and keeping an eye on her. Deciding that the larger male would be better able to protect her than him, Kalu changed his course so that he was heading towards the group of dragons next nearest to him - the other blue one who had attempted to help out with Enid earlier and the smaller white one he had seen near the front of the cave.

user posted image

As the sounds of vicious fighting intensified, Kalana began to find it more and more difficult to keep her attention away. It seemed like most of the dragons awake were part of the quarrel now, with spectators, and people trying to stop the hostility while a few appeared to be personally involved. Though she had enough self-discipline to keep her eyes away, the sounds very easily reached her ears, easily conveying information that processed itself in Kalana's mind, just as easily as it reached her. She flattened them against her head, pushing downwards as much as the weak muscles in that area if her could. Her bright eyes squinted from the effort, narrowing to grimacing slits, and she trained her eyes onto Evelyn's bluish-gray muzzle. She proceeded to use it as a focus point to keep her attention, staring at it like it was a lifeline. All her previous mistrust towards the other dragon was gone, it had vanished quickly after Kalana had gotten distracted by the fighting so close by. Of course, Evelyn's words, so soft and kind, had played a role too, but not nearly as much. In fact, the brightly colored dragon barely noticed- the combat at the edge of her vision had snatched her attention away, despite her managing not to turn her head to look. She was spending much of her energy keeping herself away from the swarm of dragons and staying focused on this one that seemed fairly decent, and could barely put together a coherent sentence as a result.

Slowly, her eyes' focus moved downwards, slowly and unknowingly drifting away from Evelyn's face and onto the stony gray cave floor. Aware that her acquaintance had spoken to her, she wrestled with herself mentally to pull words out of her brain, despite all her concentration was in distracting and keeping herself away from the fighting. She squeezed her eyes shut and planted all four legs firmly down before she began to attempt a response. She skimmed backwards through her meager supply of memories, quickly recalling something akin to what Evelyn had tried telling her about. Wanting to blurt out everything as quickly as she could, so they could flee and leave the cave, she spoke quickly as she replied, not even taking the time to breathe until she finished. "Yes, yes, okay, let's go outside and look for food! Really fast, let's go right now! We don't want to leave people hungry and waiting, right? No, that'd never do! Come on, let's go already! It's okay, I'm not s-scared. It's okay, it's okay. Let's just get outside, please? Please?!" Her voice rose and grew more frantic as she continued, subconsciously wanting to drown out the noise she hated so much with her own. In her desperate, panicked pleas, she didn't realize that she had abandoned a quicker, more concise and effective way to communicate, instead repeating words, ideas, and overall sounding like a newborn. As she waited for Evelyn's reply, however, she realized that she had forgotten to address one thing, the other blue dragon that Eve had wanted to bring along. As quickly as she could, she tried to dismiss him, continuing on with a thrash of her tail. "And the other person, why don't we just go alone? Yes, that'd be great. We were instructed to go in pairs, and with only two of us, we'd be able to enjoy the outside more! Right? Please?"

user posted image

He could only watch as a fight broke out amongst the dragons, between 'Ramsey' and a bluish-green dragon- Although he considered calling him Zealot, it didn't seem so appropriate considering his reaction to 'Sabremouth's' comment. So he would be momentarily dubbed 'Templar' for now.- while many of the other dragons began taking movements to get out of the way. 'Sabremouth' himself seemed to be trying to help a wyvern get out of the way.

"Well, that escalated quickly."

While the pygmy disliked non-comedic violence, he really couldn't blame the brutish dragon: He had just woken up in a mysterious situation, and had most likely just had some stress on him. Either it was that, or the pygmy was a horrible judge of character.

He had to hand it to them though, for while he was pretty good at causing chaos and panic, this bunch seemed to be producing plenty on their own. Seriously, leave a bunch of random strangers together in a room, and it is more likely for them to beat the snot out of each other before they begin talking things out. Still, it was an interesting fight.

'Templar' seemed to be an interesting fighter, using his opponent's weight and rage against him. It was a smart idea, really: Ramsey seemed to focus on only one thing during combat, and his pure rage seemed to fuel his foolish movements. This could very easily lead him into a less than desirable position. The "ram-like" dragon was now starting to remind him more of a charging bull than anything.

Looking up at 'Sequoia', who was still protectively cupping her claws around him, he couldn't help but wonder what exactly she was thinking of all of this.

user posted image

Eve watched patiently as Kalana's eyes seemed to drift off into thought. She was about to say something more to her, when Kalana finally found her voice. Eve was surprised by her sudden eagerness to leave the cave. She gave Kalana a slight look of confusion, especially when she suggested they leave the Moonstone behind. At the mention of him, Eve looked over at him. His concentration appeared to be on a small pink one she had seen earlier. She would have given to Kalana, were the two other dragons not so close. If her and Kalana were to suddenly bolt now, the other two would surely view it as rude. Eve waited a few moments until the two finally approached.

"It would be safer if we were in a group of 4, rather than 2. We could ambush something. Plus if one of us got hurt, the other wouldn't have to go off alone in search of help." She reasoned. She looked over to her left, where the other two dragons had joined them. The moonstone clearly heard Evelyn's invitation and intended to hunt with them like she had hoped. The pink one, more or less was only joining the group because of the moonstone. She scarcely paid Eve and Kalana any mind. Eve shrugged it off, as she was still another dragon that would be hunting with them. She decided to get a light conversation going as they prepared to exit the cave. "I'm glad you decided to join us. We should be going, as Kalana and I are rather eager to see the outside. And eat, of course." She smiled warmly at them both, trying to make them as comfortable as possible. None of them really knew each other, after all. "What are your names? My name is Evelyn, but you can call me Eve if you wish. And this is my friend, Kalana. I think I mentioned her name a moment ago."

user posted image

As Kalu changed course for a new direction, Enid did the same. As far as she could gather, he was heading for a new pair of dragons. One was small and white, a little smaller than Enid herself, while the other was bigger and a slightly duller shade of blue than the feathered dragon the led her to them. She recognized the pair, not by name or character but in that she had seen them before around the cave. The blue one had obviously been the one attacked by the tiny troublemaker earlier, but the bright white one was more of a backdrop. Something she saw but hadn't paid much mind to. Kalu seemed to take interest in her, or at the least her bigger friend, though, so at the time Enid did too. She hoped neither of these two would be like that snake from before who'd lashed her tongue out at her. Then it'd be a little hard to agree with her feathered friend in choosing them as partners. Enid herself had simmered down some, though, so maybe the situation wouldn't unfold quite like that. But in this hectic cave of horrors who knew?

As they neared, Enid couldn't help but overhear the little white one say something in a fast paced, high tone. "And the other person, why don't we just go alone? Yes, that'd be great. We were instructed to go in pairs, and with only two of us, we'd be able to enjoy the outside more! Right? Please?" She stopped in her tracks. The words hit her like a blow to the stomach. She didn't know why, but they did. They just stung. It wasn't like she cared about this dragon. Hell, she didn't even know her name. But the sheer fact that she asked, practically begged, to leave Kalu and her behind was pretty shaming. What had they done to be left in the dust? At least Enid was willing to give two absolute strangers a chance, but were they not up to her standards? She was little more than a few meters tall! What even were her standards?! She sighed, growling to herself.

"Come on then Kalu," Enid said, changing direction. "You heard her. We're not good enough for little stripey over there. If we're not wanted there's no point in trying." A sudden wave of deja vu hit her as she finished her words. She felt like something similar had happened long ago, deep in the past. It was no more than a fleeting memory, though, and like the rest of her past it quickly slipped back into the fog. She shook her head in disappointment, narrowing her eyes in frustration. She hoped she remembered her life and all it's contents soon, or she would go insane. Did everyone feel this way, or was it just her? The way emotions mixed within her like a boiling pot... was this normal for salmon pink dragons like her?

But, then, out of the literal blue the other dragon countered her words. She was surprised to hear them invited back so quickly. With an introduction and everything. She didn't know whether to smile or to keep her grudge. "Eve?" was all she managed. That was a fitting name. She didn't know why, it just did. It was sharp, but not angry. A good name for a similarly shaped dragon. Kalana was a bit more bland. Maybe she was biased after her earlier words, but it just didn't stand out. Then again, Enid was nothing spectacular. A little uncommon, but not exotic to any extent. That reminded her. "I'm Enid," she replied. "I don't remember my last name. I think it was really long, though. Anyways, that doesn't matter. What matters is, are you taking us or not?" She gestured to Kalu, who sat next to her.

Edited by Psycho Cat

user posted image

She looked on as a fight started between the sea green dragon and the dark purple. "Thank goodness he listened, I wouldn't have known what to do if he didn't. I don't like to fight..." Anu had no idea what her fighting capabilities were even though she could use her entire body as a lethal weapon because of her size. But it just wasn't in her temperament to fight unless absolutely needed to.

Since she felt there was less of a chance for others who weren't involved to get hurt, she removed her shielding paws from the pygmy dragon. She then nudged the little dragon gently towards the entrance with the tip of her nose. "Sorry I suddenly did that, I had no idea what was going to happen there for a moment. I think the dragons confronting him will do fine though. Oh! Excuse me I haven't introduced myself, my name is Anu Oshun. I'd like to introduce myself and have everyone tell me their names but things got out of hand really fast. Whats your name? And do you have someone in mind to go outside with?"

user posted image

"Move!"

As far as Chorus could tell, the purple dragon had been absorbing much of the space in her line of sight, and then he just... wasn't. Before she could figure out where the brute had charged off to, the fanged male at her side growled at her to move, swinging himself in front of her and blocking her vision even more. And he'd just nodded at her, starting to say something before tensions rose up once again. Out of the corner of her eye Chorus saw the blue-green male roll away, presumably to dodge the brute dragon's attack. Chorus stifled a sigh of irritation.

The brute was unhappy with the situation, and while Chorus didn't blame him, she was starting to wonder if he actually understood the meaning of necessity. Was it necessary to go about starting fights over a little pent up rage? No. There were other ways to vent aggression. Still, he seemed to want a fight, and Chorus wasn't about to let herself get trampled. Flaring up her wings in a rather vain attempt to appear larger than she actually was, she snaked around the brown male and narrowed her eyes at the brute. If he only understood physical confrontation, then Chorus might as well play his game.

For the moment, it seemed that the green dragon had avoided injury - Chorus had no doubt that the brute's horns could deal some serious damage. Narrowing her eyes at the much larger male, she waited patiently for attention to turn to her, if it did at all. The brute could very well go after the green again, or the fanged male at her side. She stayed just a little bit behind him, at least somewhat heeding his order to move.

If the brute targeted the fanged male... well, Chorus hoped it wouldn't escalate that far, but she was probably wrong. If the brute attacked her almost-companion, the brown dragon could probably fight him off. Chorus wasn't sure if she wanted to get in the middle of that. Still, she kept her wings stiffly flared, ready to meet the brute's aggression if it came her way. "If he doesn't understand words," she rasped, mostly to herself, "Maybe he'll understand a more physical discussion." If the brute charged at her, she would certainly move, but she wouldn't back down from him. Chorus would show that she wasn't going to be cowed by his display. The blue dragon was small, but her muscles felt strong... not that they would really do her much good against the brute.

She decided that she would meet his display, and maybe, just maybe, he would calm down. We're all strangers here, but we don't have to be enemies. Chorus narrowed her eyes and the massive dragon, steeling herself for an attack should it come. She wanted to be able to get the brute to calm down with her words, but if it came down to it... she would fight.

user posted image

"Sorry I suddenly did that, I had no idea what was going to happen there for a moment. I think the dragons confronting him will do fine though. Oh! Excuse me I haven't introduced myself, my name is Anu Oshun. I'd like to introduce myself and have everyone tell me their names but things got out of hand really fast. Whats your name? And do you have someone in mind to go outside with?"

'Anu Oshun, huh? Well, it sounds better than Sequoia, thats for sure. Man am I glad I didn't assum she was a dude and go on to call her General Sherman.' The name ringed no bells whatsoever, yet considering his current situation, none really should have. At least he knew one name in this place, and knowing a name was the first step to knowing another dragon. Well, either that or getting them ticked off at you, and while it was funner, it wasn't as efficient.

She seemed like a fairly nice dragon, and despite her size, she seemed rather peaceful in nature. It was obvious, considering that she hadn't joined in the fight: A dragon of that size with any need to would have rushed in minutes ago. No, this dragon seemed all too nice to be a warrior or fighter.

'Much less be my accomplice. For one, she's too nice to do anything I would. For second...she's huge. There's no way she would go unnoticed.' He thought to himself, a little disappointing, yet immediately snapped out of it by the sounds of the continued fight, looking back to see a small wyvern join the fray. Sighing and muttering something under his breath about larger bodies sometimes lacking larger brains, he turned back to Anu, who had just nudged him forwards.

"Its no problem Anu, if not a little unexpected. I'm more worried about 'Ramsey' and 'Templar' over there more than anything. My name is-" He stopped, realizing he had forgotten something very important. His name. His dang name! How could he have forgotten it at such a moment? Did he even remember it? Of course, the first thing he had done was pull a prank on the other dragons, he hadn't taken anything serious. "Heh, what do you know, I don't really remember my name still. Guess I haven't put much thought into it yet. Also, on that thing about pairing up with other dragons, just give me some time to decide. I don't really know about anyone else here yet."

Edited by Draconic29