Taleena Fuka

Clandestine Rhymes

user posted image

"Oh, that's good. I'm glad I haven't caused you any trouble," the blue male told the big green dragon as the latter reassured him that he wasn't disturbing him and the smaller dragon standing next to him, smiling in relief as he did so. He tilted his head slightly in confusion at the first green's following statement, since from his point of view all his companion was doing was inspecting her wings.

Before he could question the bigger dragon about what he'd said any further, he heard a voice reach out to his mind and say, <You can join all of us in the front of the cave, I've invited all to come. There we will figure out what to do next.> He could hear the same voice go on to say more out loud, but the blue dragon was too far away to fully make out what it was.

He turned his head in the direction that the mental voice seemed to be coming from and could see a pale green dragon that was even bigger than the big green male near him standing near an opening that glowed with a pale yellow light. A purple dragon stood nearby the huge green and another blue dragon, this one female, was heading over to them both. Heartened that there were more people nearby than just the three of them, the blue male called out to her, "Would you like me to come over as well? I'd be glad to help out in any way I can." He glanced back at the other two green dragons, wanting to invite them along, but realized that they had no doubt heard the huge green's call as well as him and would follow if they wanted. Just then he realized the other blue dragon had introduced herself as Evelyn and something occurred to him. "Oh, and I'm Kalu. Kalu Selen." The male dragon was sure he had never heard the name that came to his lips before, and yet he was sure without a doubt that it was his, as if it had risen up from a hidden place deep inside him. After a brief moment of consideration, Kalu shrugged the matter off. Maybe he'd find the answer to where those words had come from at some point, but definitely not here.

Kalu was able to coordinate himself fairly well, but his body felt extremely heavy for some reason, turning walking a mere dozen or so yards into a huge effort. Soon he was tired and wanted nothing more than to curl up and go to sleep again, but he knew he couldn't do that before he reached the big green female. She'd asked everybody to come over to her, and it would be unfair to make her expect something else of him.

"Excuse me, but I'm a little, well, stuck. Could one of you help me? I'm Enid. You shouldn't be afraid of me, if you are. I couldn't hurt you if I tried..."

As he heard the voice call out, Kalu stopped short. It didn't matter what the big green female had asked of him now, if someone was in trouble he had to help them out. "You're stuck?" he called out to the voice. "Don't worry, I'd be glad to help you out! You said your name is Enid?" Kalu stared around the cave as he tried to find the source of the voice, realizing for the first time just how many dragons were laid down one after another inside of it, all apparently in deep slumber. "Uh, I'm sorry, but where are you exactly?" None of the dragons were making any movement as far as he could tell, and since the blue male couldn't quite tell exactly where the voice was coming from it was difficult to tell which one of them was actually awake and talking.

user posted image

Anu heard a small thump noise coming from the side of the cave. Since she had asked Evelyn to take care of the white dragon and that very dragon still looked pretty tired, she decided to assist what appeared to be a shiny pink dragon rolling around trying to get its bearings. She tried to make eye contact with the pink one but just the fact Anu shifted her body a little bit seemed to have scared the poor thing. Hearing the frightened squeal made her gaze shift to the ground in... Disappointment? She didn't know what to make of the sad, heavy feeling that arose from the possibility of her size causing fear in others. "I want to help her, but I'll probably only scare her. There's still plenty of dragons that need help... And there seems to be more and more dragons waking up. So I guess I can entrust someone else to help out on my behalf like how I asked Evelyn?" Anu found herself looking over to Zofia who was still quite a bit away from her. She once again closed her eyes, pushed out her own thoughts and then reached out her mind to Zofia. <Excuse me again Zofia, sorry for talking to you like this but do you think you can help out the shiny pink dragon over there by the wall in my stead? She seems to be stuck and...> Anu abruptly cut her connection with Zofia when she noticed a slight rise in her own emotions. "She seems to be quite afraid of me, more so than the other dragons around here..." she whispered to herself and sighed. Quickly re-gaining her composure she pushed out that thought and reestablished her mental connection to Zofia, <Sorry, for that sudden break. So, could you go help her since she's somewhat nearby you?>

But before Zofia could move, Anu saw a two toned blue dragon with feathered wings answer her call and also fulfilled her wish intended for Zofia to do. Slightly flustered Anu's paws rubbed themselves together and her huge tail swayed side to side. Again catching herself in the act Anu attempted to stop her motions only to make it more obvious that something was bothering her. In one final attempt to shake off her uneasy feelings she tried to mentally connect to Zofia, <Um... Sorry again, seems like... Another... Got to her first. Sorry.> But the words didn't fully reach Zofia's mind and instead only the intention did along with Anu's uneasy feelings.

Edited by Taleena Fuka

user posted image

As she listened to the others talk, she felt the sounds of their language embed themselves in her brain. She loved the different tones from everyone, all the different sounds- they were all so pretty! And, maybe after a refresher, she'd be able to speak that way, too. Eager to try communicating again, she opened her mouth excitedly, facing the large creamy dragon that seemed to be organizing everything. But then, she closed it and stared down at her paws, utterly confused as to what she was supposed to say. Quickly, though, she determinedly raised her head, a confident smile spread over her muzzle. I'll just introduce myself, like everyone else did! It'll be easy, just name and everything. Immediately after encouraging herself, she tried again, mustering up all the courage she could so her tone would remain level and hopefully confident. "Hello! I don't know where are we, like you. I name is- Name is- Is-" She stuttered in terror, horrified that she had jumped into the conversation without even figuring out what her name was. Desperately, she blurted out the first sound she could think of: "Kalina! I name is Kalina." As soon as she spurted out what she hoped would suffice as a name, she turned her head to one side confusedly. The sound seemed so right, but not quite. Just a little bit off. "No, Kalana. Is name Kalana." Happily, she smiled to herself. Everything was going perfectly, despite the rather odd situation. She had a found a name for herself, and, she could feel her speech becoming more similar to the others' already. Not to mention, she had accomplished all this just a little while after waking! Even if the others were having greater accomplishments than her, she didn't care. She was Kalana, could talk almost properly, and she was proud of herself.

And maybe, I could do more- if I just try. Yes! I can definitely do more!

Kalana rose unsteadily to her feet, feeling her thin body sway on even thinner weak legs. As soon as she was upright and had caught her balance, though, she shuffled backwards a couple steps, holding out her tail and flicking it to either side as needed to keep her balance. She quite enjoyed the stability of having four limbs planted as she moved, but was quite aware that she lacked the speed of others with the less conventional method of travel.

She scanned the cave carefully for things to help with, but ultimately found nothing that wasn't already covered by someone else. With much less energy than when she had hopped to her paws, Kalana shuffled back around to face the giant creamy dragon, automatically dipping her head in respect. "Anything can I help with? And what's your name? I be helpful, take care of others. I'm good at that." She let her eyes roll upwards hopefully, in a gesture quite similar to a hatchling pleading with a parent, but with less desperation. Her eyes still wide, she stared up into the other dragon's eyes, silently requesting her to give her a chance. Briefly, it came across her mins that being helpful would be quite difficult with just basic knowledge about herself and next to none about everything else, but she assumed that the others had similar information as her. As long as they were on somewhat equal grounds, she wouldn't be cast aside. Even if the others developed faster, she would still be able to have a spot on their team if she was able to carve out a niche for herself- and as soon as she did, she wouldn't have to worry about lacking a companion, and she might even have a few people to be friends with. Kalana's heart soared at the thought of having everyone be her friend, and she whimpered hopefully up at the splotchy green dragon in front of her.

user posted image

Eve smiled at the huge green splotched dragon. "Sure, of course! But first, what is your name? I introduced myself.." It was only moments afterwards, that the white dragon she was sent to help, appeared. Eve immediately introduced herself. "I'm Eve. How are you doing? We saw you fall before..." She said. She looked the small dragon over, but couldn't see any obvious signs of problems. She's probably just getting the hang of things slower than the rest of us. She thought.

Edited by skiddajane

user posted image

The first thing he felt upon waking was the ever-so unpleasant ache that came from lying in one position for too long. Wings spread out at an odd angle, the colorful pygmy dragon managed to roll over, eyes slowly opening to a rainbow of blurred dragons. He viewed from the dark corner of the cave he had been sleeping in. He watched as they mingled, chuckling to himself a little when he saw some of the antics they got into. They all seemed to have failed to notice him, then again a dragon of his size wasn't easy to notice.

"Guess its a benefit of being a pygmy." He murmured, getting up on his legs and stretching out. He stretched his wings as far as they could go, pumping them up and down like a butterfly straight out of the cocoon. "Okay, so where am I now-Wait a minute I don't remember going to sleep in a cave."

Come to think of it, he didn't really remember anything. Well, he knew he was a dragon. A pygmy dragon, in fact, but besides that, pretty much everything he had was by instinct. Like the current instinct to sit on one of those big dragon's head and cover his eyes with his wings, either startling him or starting a fight. Hopefully the former would be more likely than the latter, though that possibility didn't bother him at the moment.

The little dragon looked around the dark cavern, seeing the ornate markings and symbols. For some reason, they made him feel a very, very distant nostalgia. Walking up to them, he could tell they had some sort of meaning-well, all symbols should have a meaning- Yet he couldn't think of what it was. Of course, the first particular one he got interested in was of a large wyvern chasing around a pygmy dragon that looked like it was laughing its tail off. Said wyvern had a sticky slime stuck to its face, and looked incredibly mad. Cracking a grin at the humorous scene, the pygmy wondered what exactly the story was behind the image. Oh well, at least it looked cool.

Turning his head to the other dragons again, he noticed that they looked oddly...vulnerable. Unsuspecting. So ready for a laugh. Smirking, the little dragon decided to complete the task he had thought of earlier, slowly beginning to creep towards the other dragons from the shadows.

(I'll add color to this when I figure out how.)

Edited by Draconic29

user posted image

Enid's head shot up and her eyes widened happily as her plea was taken. "Don't worry, I'd be glad to help you out! You said your name is Enid?" The voice said. The voice was particularly deeper than her own, signifying a male gender. It spoke slowly and with a calm, laid back tone. The tone oddly enraged her, and her eyes suddenly narrowed. She didn't want his help anymore. "Uh, I'm sorry," the dragon said after pausing a moment, "but where are you exactly?"

"Figures you should want to know," she snarled. "I can get myself up just fine. You males and your big fancy muscles may make you feel great and all, but I'm just fine all by myself, thanks." I don't need him, she thought. I mean, I guess he was kinda nice, but who cares!? Not me. She grunted and wiggled, this time with slightly more skill, but as before was to no avail. She wasn't giving in like last time, though. She needed to prove herself. Yes, she needed to assert herself, make her presence dominant as if to say, "I am Enid. I'm the best here and you deserve to know it." That was what her instincts said, anyways. She... hadn't needed to a moment before. Like her mind had radically shifted. But that wasn't her problem. It was that troublesome stranger's! Just because he was male didn't mean she needed him.

With a grunt of effort Enid struggled some more. She felt herself loosening, becoming more and more limber. Soon, if she kept up at this rate, she would be up and showing that other dragon how good she was on her own. She realized how nice it felt to move once she got the hang of it. She couldn't wait to finally be up so she could stretch and stretch and stretch for a long eternity of back relaxing bliss. After all, as smooth as the stone floor was, it wasn't exactly comfortable. "Way too hard," she said to herself flatly.

After awhile, she managed to finally flop on her side. It happened after the great idea to use her wings as an advantage rather than treat them like an obstacle entered her head. What she had done is, rather than make them go limp and try to shimmy around them, like she had, she started semi-flapping them like paddles in order to flip herself over. It had been a strange and clumsy dance at first, but slowly she felt herself get the hang of it as she rocked around. Soon enough, she had finally managed onto her side. "Success!" Enid cried out in triumph. "Well, maybe only half success, but it's a step up. If I keep paddling like this, then... ugh... I just need to..." She strained to get in one last strong flip to get herself fully capsized. She squeezed her eyes shut and growled, before at last,

she heard a bump. She felt a bump. She had gone bump, as she landed on the floor, legs and all sprawled out like an uprooted tree. "I did it!" She roared out. "Hah! See, I told you I didn't need your help. Now I just need to... oh, I need to get up. Geez, I guess I didn't think of that. But there is no way it can be as hard as what I just experienced, can it? Hmm, I guess it's time for some more trial and error." Enid slowly tested out her new positioning, waving her arms and legs out with precision and careful movements. It wasn't too bad, though she hadn't tried getting up yet, either. That was part too. Like a lame sphinx, she tucked her limbs beneath her before pushing up with a grunt. It was indeed as task that required effort, but she felt empowered after last feat. Enough to keep trying. At the pace of what seemed to go as fast as a snail, she heaved up, pushing her body higher and higher. It almost hurt, but at the same time it felt amazing. Her muscles were screaming for use, demanding a higher purpose than just flailing uselessly on the smooth, rocky floor. "Yes, I can do it," she yowled, "I am Enid and I CAN DO IT!" Pretty soon, after much self encouragement, the shiny pink dragon was fully up. She was shivering a little, from a combination of her own weight and sheer excitement. Wonderful. Absolutely miraculous, she thought giddily. Now, I just need to learn how to walk and I'll be as mobile as, um, whatever is considered really mobile. Like a dragon! Yeah, just a bit more and I'll be as mobile as a dragon.

user posted image

To Kalu's surprise, the only response to his query was an indignant, "Figures you should want to know. I can get myself up just fine. You males and your big fancy muscles may make you feel great and all, but I'm just fine all by myself, thanks."

Hadn't the unknown dragon been asking for help a few minutes ago? Had she really recovered from her plight so quickly, or did she just not want HIS help? Kalu sat down on the stone floor dispiritedly, muttering a quiet, "Uh, okay then. If you're really all right," in the unknown dragon's general direction. He tried not to let the denial of his offer of assistance get to him, but Kalu couldn't help but feel a brief stab of pain in his chest nonetheless. Rationally, he knew that the strange dragon's refusal of his help couldn't possibly have anything to do with him personally, but something deep inside him wasn't convinced.

Before he could follow that train of thought any further, Kalu started as he heard a rustling-like noise, a muttering voice, and then a loud crash and flash of pink, which he realized must be Enid. Relieved to finally know where she was, Kalu watched her get up. He noticed that her movements were very slow, but, remembering that she had told him earlier she didn't want help, didn't move from his spot. When the pink dragon cried out in triumph as she managed to stand, Kalu knew he had made the right decision. She was obviously very proud and would only have rejected any offer he made.

Still feeling very heavy and tired himself, he slowly headed towards Enid. "Did you hear what the big dragon near the entrance said?" swinging his head briefly in Anu's direction so Enid would be sure to know who he was talking about. "She's invited us all to come over and join her. Some others are there already. I'm going to go now that I know you're all right. If you choose to come, I'll accompany you," Kalu offered, still worried about the pink dragon's well-being but not wanting to upset her again.

Edited by Avialae

user posted image

As she listened to the others talk, she felt the sounds of their language embed themselves in her brain. She loved the different tones from everyone, all the different sounds- they were all so pretty! And, maybe after a refresher, she'd be able to speak that way, too. Eager to try communicating again, she opened her mouth excitedly, facing the large creamy dragon that seemed to be organizing everything. But then, she closed it and stared down at her paws, utterly confused as to what she was supposed to say. Quickly, though, she determinedly raised her head, a confident smile spread over her muzzle. I'll just introduce myself, like everyone else did! It'll be easy, just name and everything. Immediately after encouraging herself, she tried again, mustering up all the courage she could so her tone would remain level and hopefully confident. "Hello! I don't know where are we, like you. I name is- Name is- Is-" She stuttered in terror, horrified that she had jumped into the conversation without even figuring out what her name was. Desperately, she blurted out the first sound she could think of: "Kalina! I name is Kalina." As soon as she spurted out what she hoped would suffice as a name, she turned her head to one side confusedly. The sound seemed so right, but not quite. Just a little bit off. "No, Kalana. Is name Kalana." Happily, she smiled to herself. Everything was going perfectly, despite the rather odd situation. She had a found a name for herself, and, she could feel her speech becoming more similar to the others' already. Not to mention, she had accomplished all this just a little while after waking! Even if the others were having greater accomplishments than her, she didn't care. She was Kalana, could talk almost properly, and she was proud of herself.

And maybe, I could do more- if I just try. Yes! I can definitely do more!

Kalana rose unsteadily to her feet, feeling her thin body sway on even thinner weak legs. As soon as she was upright and had caught her balance, though, she shuffled backwards a couple steps, holding out her tail and flicking it to either side as needed to keep her balance. She quite enjoyed the stability of having four limbs planted as she moved, but was quite aware that she lacked the speed of others with the less conventional method of travel. She paused for a moment to consider it, but ultimately deciding that not falling was worth it, at least until she had the coordination of the others. She didn't want to be the only one left flailing around on the ground, or tripping over herself with every step. If the others could succeed, then she could to- and I'd she couldn't, she'd just try until she could. Simple.

Slowly, she shifted her legs so that she could face the dark blue dragon with silver swirls, and happily looked up at her with a friendly smile. "Hello, to you too! Who you? And what's your name? Me Kalana, I think. You want help? I can help you, me take care of people!" She almost plopped down on her rump as she finished, the mild exercise of walking and standing already wearing her out. However, she resisted the urge, not wanting to show her weaknesses in front if everyone else- she liked others, and enjoyed company, but still felt too shy to do something that might embarrass herself. Hopefully, her struggles to stay tough in the face of exhaustion would earn her a few friends, maybe even with the one she was talking to! She did seem quite nice, after all.

user posted image

Eve listened to Kalana speak. "Of course you can help! We're just trying to get everyone gathered together. Can you go find dragons that are waking up and ask them to join us over here at the entrance?" She asked Kalana. "I'm going to go over by that other blue dragon and the pink one and see if they're going to come over here." She said. After a moment, she walked over to where the two were. The pink one had a look of sheer triumph on her face, and she couldn't really tell what the moonstone was feeling. "Uh..Do you two want to meet with the rest of us at the front?" She asked them, hesitantly.

((Apologies for such a short post, but I'm 99% asleep, and it's 12:30...I shouldn't be posting...))

user posted image

The silence that once filled the cave was now broken by the chaos resulted in an uproar of clambering of voices all calling out to each other. It seemed as though someone new woke up every few minutes. Each new face was covered in varying vivid colors and each had their own reaction to the situation at hand. It didn't take long for someone who had woken up just moments ago to engage themselves in a conversation with those around them. It all honesty, it was fascinating to see just how quickly everyone was adapting to their environment. The entire situation was bizarre and to see just how easily everyone was taking it was something to marvel out. However, despite the how everyone seemed to take their situation in their stride, Zofia could not help but feel as though she was not part of the group. It was not the fact that Zofia was not being interacted with that made her feel so lonely. It wasn't the thought that she was blending in the background that made her feel excluded. Partly, Zofia felt as though she did not have the energy to include herself into the conversations of the others. She was beginning to feel tired just by watching how some of them were moving around. She had to muster all of her strength to stop herself from intervening in Lucifer's and Sierra's confrontation, and even then she could not stop herself from shouting out a warning to the larger male.

What really made Zofia felt separated from the others was her leg or her lack therefore of to be more precise. Though she had told herself several times in her head that it didn't matter, she could not help but feel self conscious about her missing appendage. It was frustrating to not be able to hide her absent limb. Had it been there, she could of easily pulled it towards her chest and covered it up with her other legs, but she couldn't even do that. Zofia ended up shrouding herself in her wings and pressing her front legs together, making her hind legs invisible. She looked rather peculiar, but not horribly out of place. The others were still experimenting with their body parts and checking to see what they were capable of. Wearing her wings like clothing wasn't the weirdest thing she could do, right? Though she felt less conscious about her missing leg, Zofia could not help but feel every gaze that lingered upon her and every eye that landed on her. Every second she was watched, Zofia felt terribly embarrassed.

<Excuse me again Zofia, sorry for talking to you like this but do you think you can help out the shiny pink dragon over there by the wall in my stead? She seems to be stuck and...>

Startled, Zofia raised her head upwards and looked around herself. That voice sounded familiar, but it didn't sound as though it had come out of someone's mouth. It sounded as though it came from Zofia's head. Zofia knew for a fact that she didn't think of the voice spoken. Was it possible for someone to have communicated with Zofia via telepathy? Her initial reaction was to tell herself no and scold herself for thinking of such a illogical idea, but the more Zofia thought about it, the more it made sense. The idea of telepathy just clicked in Zofia's head the same way her name did. It felt as though it was true and slipped into her mind like a puzzle piece. It took a moment for Zofia to realize that the voice who was speaking to her was Anu's and it took even longer for her to register the meaning of the other's words.

<Sorry, for that sudden break. So, could you go help her since she's somewhat nearby you?>

More words appeared in Zofia's head. Glancing over in Anu's direction, Zofia could see that she was staring straight at the smaller being. Anu apparently wanted Zofia to go and investigate the problem of some... shiny pink dragon.

Who could she possibly mean?

Turning her head, Zofia glanced around, looking for whoever Anu could possibly be speaking of. The only person who could be considered shiny and pink in Zofia's mind was bending tended to by a blue male with feathered wings. Zofia glanced back in Anu's direction with her head inclined to the side and her facial expression seemingly saying, "Is that who you were talking about?" Barely ten seconds had passed when Zofia suddenly felt a wave of uneasiness. The sudden feeling was so alarming, that Zofia froze for a moment before she fully regained possession of her body. The feeling had come from Anu, had it not? Watching the green giant, Zofia could see her paws shifting uncomfortably and her tail swishing to and fro in the slightest of motions. Had Anu pulled a prank of some sorts on Zofia? No, the feeling that washed over Zofia did not hold any contempt or triumph. She had only felt uneasiness. Had perhaps Anu spoken too late? Had the blue male taken Zofia's job before she could get to it? A soft sigh escaped Zofia and she shook her head ever so slightly. Instinct propelled her, and Zofia did something that she did not think was possible.

<You needn't worry yourself with tasking me with jobs. As you said before, the important thing is to get everyone by the entrance so we can figure out what to do next. If you have to shout at the top of your lungs to get people to file in line, then do so. I fear that kind words and suggestions will not warrant an orderly response.>

The shock of using telepathy faded from Zofia quicker than the realization that she had a name. Looking around herself, Zofia could see just how true her words were. People weren't going to listen unless someone took action. A few people were taking said action, but just how long would it take for everyone to gather at the entrance? "Too long," was the answer that reached Zofia's head. If Anu wanted to get people to listen, she'd have to push harder than she currently was. Being polite wasn't going to get people's attention, being loud and rowdy was. As much as Zofia despised the idea of someone shouting at the top of their lungs, she knew that being quiet and meek was not going to get people to listen. Being careful to turn her left side towards the occupants of the cave, Zofia began to bound close towards the entrance. The limp she had seemingly gained was anything but obscure. It was obvious something was odd with the way Zofia walked, but, hopefully, no one would think it had to do with a missing leg just yet. Zofia had shifted herself so that her right side, the side with the missing leg, was out of eye's view. Should someone come to the side of her or even the back of her, they'd be able to see Zofia's lack of a fourth leg, but, what were the chances of that? Now but a few feet away from Anu, Zofia seated herself on the ground, making sure to cover her abnormality just as she had done before. The sunlight was drifting into the cave entrance and beaming into Zofia's eyes. As she turned her head, she could feel the warmth of the light brushing against her face. It was refreshing to say at the least. Turning her head towards the outside, Zofia stared longingly at the outdoors, her blue eyes sparkling in the sunshine.

(This is so over due I'm sorry.)

Edited by Doctortear

((y... you know what's overdue?))

user posted image

Radovan scuttled backwards, nearly tripping over his tail with his wildly flailing feet. He stared, wide-eyed, as more and more dragons woke from their slumber. This situation was increasingly uncomfortable, and his feeling of claustrophobia was growing every minute. Something told him that dark, earthy, underground spaces were not necessarily alien to him, but the overpowering stench of hot breath and blood was hammering against his nose like an olfactory battering ram. His head was spinning. Faintly, he clutched at his head, his sides heaving as he struggled to breath. His knees felt weak, and he could feel himself sinking into the ground.

No!

He shuddered, holding his leaden eyes open with sheer force of will.

Stand up! I swear, you better not fall asleep.

His joints creaked as he struggled to stay upright. His thin skin clung to his ribs as his lungs moved in a desperate effort to oxygenate his starved body. Blood pounded in his temples, blending with the cacophony of heartbeats reverberating around the cave. The sound drilled into his mind.

Why.. why me? Why am I the only one... ?

With what vision his blurry eyes could allow, he examined the colorful crowd of dragons in the cave beyond him. They were all different, no two sharing the exact same pattern or build. He stared down at his own body, and tried to think.

We're all different. How are my differences.. not working? Why can't they see- why can't they smell themselves? Don't they know what runs in their veins?

Radovan glared at his skeletal frame. Hunger pangs shot through his stomach, making him wince.

Am I hungry?

He licked his lips, trying desperately to wet them. His mouth felt like it was filled with sand. Carefully, he touched his forehead. His scales were warm and uncomfortably dry.

What am I hungry for?

((my education. I need to learn how to write.))

user posted image

The small dragon watched from the shadows, as a dragon with really big teeth and a white, skull-like face began freaking out. Although he had his moments when he was calm, the smaller dragon could see the confusion in his eyes. It was different than the confusion of where he was, however: this dragon seemed to be focusing on the other dragons in his confusion. Although he considered pulling the trick he had planned on him, the pygmy dragon had a feeling that pulling it on him wouldn't end that well. Also, the guy looked really strong, and the small dragon wasn't that confident in his own physical abilities just yet.

"Uh..Do you two want to meet with the rest of us at the front?"

His hearing perked up, as his eyes made their way to a dragon that looked as if she were colored slate-gray. She seemed quite beautiful, actually, yet that wasn't what he focused on. No, what he was focusing on was the fact that she was completely vulnerable at the moment. Snickering, the small green dragon made his way behind her, trying his best not to be seen. Once behind her, he could immediately tell that this was going to be easy to pull off.

The dragons tail was calmly settled on the ground, where it now provided a perfect ramp. All he needed to do was run up said 'ramp' and jump, then hopefully land on her head and-

'Lights out.' He thought to himself, crouching down as if he were a runner in a competition. He could already hear her yelp of surprise as darkness-or at least the membrane of his wings- covered her vision completely. With this in mind, he began to count down.

'5...4...3...2...1!' He immediately broke into a sprint, moving as fast as he could. Spreading his wings out, he ran onto her tail, making it to the base where he spread his wings and gave himself a 'thrust' into the air. He descended upon the back of her head, and his wings immediately went over her eyes, as he yelled out, "SURPRISE!"

--

(My writing feels really underwhelming compared to the stuff you guys make, but I'll do what I can. Also, Skiddajane, if you don't really like being the target of this little 'event', I'll gladly edit this.)

Edited by Draconic29

((Everyone seems to be overdue, even me with my little passage.))

user posted image

She then heard a grumbling sound followed by a gnawing feeling from her belly. What seemed like a "normal" sound to her, sounded like a loud rumbling sound to others due to her sheer size. Noticing that some of the dragons reacted to the sound, Anu cleared her voice and said for all to hear to distract them from the noise she had made. "I'd like all those who aren't by the entrance to please make haste! The sun is getting warmer, and I think its time that we get introductions over with so that we may get onto a more pressing matter: food and how to obtain it safely for everyone." The introduction and the mention of food rolled off her tongue. She vaguely knew what it meant but at the moment her body was telling her she needed more than the sunlight she had absorbed earlier. By extension of course, this meant everyone else around her was feeling or was about to feel the same way. Another thought occurred to her! She's probably the only one who had time to recharge in any sort of way! Guilty, she hoped in her heart that the others would forgive for doing so.

Another thought occurred to her- as spontaneous as the first. "I bet if everyone paired up, a big dragon with a smaller dragon, they'll be more safer than if they were to hunt alone! Oh- But um. Perhaps I should wait a little longer for everyone to get here? Ohhh, Should I push them more? Should I just wait? Should I just tell them now to pick partner and go off into the wild? But we don't even know if its safe outside or not! Like what if a flock of hawks were out there or a bear, or even a plague was out there!" Lost in her thoughts she completely forgot about the fact that a majority of them were pretty big themselves so that no fauna out there could match them. And that a plague was just simply her overreacting to potential danger- her view of the flora outside when she was sunbathing was normal and showed no signs of contamination what so ever.

Edited by Taleena Fuka

user posted image

Eve waited patiently for one of the two dragons to respond, when she suddenly heard something behind her. Funny, I thought I heard something.. She thought, as she looked over her shoulder and saw nothing. As she turned her head around to once more face the two dragons, she felt a little tingling on her back. She whipped around, coming face to face with a teeny tiny dragon! He jumped smack onto her face. He yelled "Surprise!"

Because he was so small, Eve suffered no real injuries, but was rather afraid of him at this point. He clung to her face, laughing maniacally, and she tried desperately to shake him off. She whipped her head back and forth violently, dizzying herself in the process. She hoped he was as dizzy as her, surely such a ride would make one as small as him, shaken up. Along with the violent head shaking, she was also flailing about and screaming at him. Get OFF me!! Get OFF! Get OFF!" She shouted. The pigmy's tiny body was covering her eyes, blinding her. She couldn't see where she was flailing.

((Once again, a short post. I should be putting up larger posts once the plot gets going. And when Showband gets done..))

user posted image

It was a thick cloud of black and gray that shrouded his mind. Rhaegon felt the emptiness surround him. He tried to shake off the fog that clung to him, trying to move away. His actions were futile as the nothingness gripped his mind. Everything was still. Then, all of a sudden the fog dispersed, the only remnants of the empty fog were small fingers, fading into a thin mist before disappearing altogether. The emptiness that held Rhaegon still was gone. Everything around him came in a flood, a large wave of information came crashing down into his mind.

With a gasp, the male awoke, his claws gripping the smooth surface of the ground. He was sprawled out, his belly pressed to the ground and all fours in strange positions and his wings a limp mess of muscle and scales. Golden eyes opened from the orange dragon, the view before Rhaegon was unfocused. Colorful shapes of blurred masses were standing, some lifeless masses before him. He narrowed his eyes in attempt to focus, and the world soon came spinning into view. His mind was whirling and his head hurt, as if he had hit it against the smooth walls of the cave. Rhaegon sighed, feeling little want in untangling his limbs and wings. But the dull pain in his head grew sharper as he got his senses back.

He carefully moved his wings slightly, feeling an ache of protest in his wing arms. With a scowl of pain on his maw, he managed to move his front legs forward, waves of pain flooding through him. It was more of an ache of not being used for a long time, his bones feeling sore than the sharp kicks in his head. He was then able to twist his wings to his side, but the sharp ache made him drop it loosely next to his sides. Waiting for the floods of pain to slowly die down, Rhaegon found that he was against one of the smooth edges of the cave. He must of hit his head as the pain gave a heavy sharp jab before dulling down. With the grimace of pain still on his features, he struggled but was able to pull his weight to the front legs before heaving himself into a painful standing position. The world was tilting slightly, his balance was off and he stumbled to the ground after a few seconds of standing. The male hissed as his body impacted against the ground. Rhaegon moved much more slowly now, his limbs taking a longer time to be placed against the ground. With a heave and a grunt escaping his jaws, the dragon managed to get up onto his feet with the slow process of a sitting position before standing. He had to resort to heavily leaning on the wall to heave himself up the second time, and he was left wondering how he got up the first time.

Rhaegon paused, waiting for the moving feeling disappear. As it faded away, the male took a careful step towards where other standing dragons were stationed. A wave of pain pulsed from his joints on his legs, but he continued, the pain dying as his body soon became familiar with the movement. The pain in his head was still there, but a fainter thud against his skull. After some awkward shuffling against the wall, Rhaegon had slowly walked up to the large green wingless dragon at the front of the cave. The sunlight hit his scales as a blanket of warmth against his tense, sore muscles. He blinked against the bright light for a few moments before being jolted back to face the green dragon again.

"Excuse me-" Rhaegon paused. His voice had come out as a small rasp of breath instead of formed words. He cleared his throat twice before continuing. "Excuse me," he was pleased as how his voice sounded. "Where are we? Who are you? And what are we doing here?" The words rolled off his tongue so easily. How did he learn these words? Rhaegon had no idea. He stood firmly to face the bigger Terrae dragon, waiting expectantly for an answer. His head pain was on the line of disappearing all together. Instead of the questioning look he had before, a small smile of satisfaction appeared. All the current pain had faded away and the sun was working wonders on his aching joints and wings.

Edited by Tiga

user posted image

The first thing she noticed when she gained consciousness was that she couldn't smell the... what was the word... the place with the piercing, salty smell. Or at least, she wanted to think it was salty. The word didn't feel right, but it didn't feel wrong, either. No, the air around her nose was musty, damp, and it clung heavily to the inside of her throat as she breathed. There was something heavy around her, a great weight that pressed down on her wings. She tried to keep herself calm, but she had no idea what was going on. Where was the pressure coming from? Why did the air smell so strange? The lack of salt - yes, it was salt - disturbed her, but she had no idea why.

In harsh contrast to the weight around her body, there was nothing of substance in her mind. Much as she tried to remember, she could not place a definition to her surroundings, nor could she imagine any series of events leading up to her present circumstances. There was only one thing she knew with absolute certainty, and since right now she was ready to distrust everything she felt and saw, this bit of knowledge was comforting.

Chorus, she thought, my name is Chorus Tu Brando.

There was a sense of elegance and familiarity to the name that Chorus appreciated. Using her own name as a kind of anchor, she forced herself to remain calm and stretched out one claw, tapping at the surfaces around her. Down, down underneath her there was rock. She tapped upward, and hit her talon against something smooth and rock-like, but living. Scales. Other... dragons? Dragons seemed like a good word, but it didn't feel right when she applied it to herself. Was she not a dragon? She wracked her empty mind for an explanation, but found nothing. Frustrated, Chorus decided that until proven otherwise, she was a dragon. Damn my memory.

Reaching out with both claws this time, Chorus tried to heave herself off the cold stone, fighting against the weight pinning her down. One wing flared out to the side, and finding no resistance there, Chorus quickly leaned in that direction and shoved for freedom. The heaviness slid off her back with a dull thud, and she finally breathed. Her lungs no longer seemed tight. Glancing back, Chorus allowed the dim, blurry shapes to come into focus, and to her surprise she found herself looking at a rather large pile of sleeping dragons. All of different sizes and shapes, Chorus could only wonder what they were all doing there. What she was doing there... here. What was she doing here?

The female shook her head and slithered away from the strange dragon pile. Her muscles protested madly as she moved, and her wings drooped at her sides tiredly. Propping herself up on her legs, Chorus paused a moment to let the tingling pain dissipate. She must've been stuck in that dragon pile for a long time - she was unbelievably sore. Her right primary wing was completely numb and limp, most likely due to being pinned for so long. Tilting her head upwards as she waited for her blood to start flowing, Chorus realized that she was in a cave. Her eyes had finally adjusted to the dim shadows, and she saw brighter light out of the corner of her eye, around the other side of the sleeping dragons. Snaking around the pile, Chorus let out a sigh of relief when she saw the mouth of the cave.

Her eye twitched, and she went still again. There were silhouettes blocking the cave entrance, some of them very large, larger than her. Chorus wasn't sure why she was so unnerved by the presence of these obviously awake dragons. Eventually she put it down to a fear instinct. It was natural to be wary when you couldn't remember anything, right? She had no way of knowing if these dragons were her allies, or enemies. In her state, Chorus doubted she could defend herself if they were enemies.

She heard their voices as they conversed, and some of them sounded... confused? Anxious? Chorus started to relax just a little bit. If she couldn't remember... it was possible that these dragons didn't remember anything, either. Slowly, Chorus made her way towards them, maintaining a healthy amount of suspicion in case they weren't the friendly sort. Warmth cascaded down her scales as she approached the mouth, and she shivered at the sudden change in temperature. Keeping a comfortable distance from the dragons, Chorus cleared her throat.

"Pardon the interruption," she rasped, startling herself with the coarse texture of her own voice, "But what exactly is going on here?" This place, this cave, it wasn't home. Chorus didn't know what home was, but she knew it was supposed to be a safe place, and she felt anything but safe here. She hoped against hope that one of these dragons - maybe the big green female, she seemed the most at ease - knew what was happening.

Chorus didn't know, and for some reason, she absolutely hated not knowing.

Edited by Lumikkja

user posted image

"Get OFF me!! Get OFF! Get OFF!"

The pygmy dragon ignored his victim's screams, as he continued to laugh like a madman/maddragon. Admittedly, he was a little dizzy, yet he still held on like a vice, knowing fully well to enjoy the moment before he got reprimanded for it.

"~Try and shake me~!" He yelled out in a singsong like manner, as he felt her moving around. His sides were seriously beginning to hurt from the laughter, and for a second he thought he might throw up.

'Hm, maybe I shouldn't have eaten befo-Wait, I don't know how long I was out. I probably haven't had proper food in my belly for-' Wait, no, he didn't even remember if anything before waking up. He had no way of knowing if he had even eaten recently. Then again, that would explain the additional pain in his gut besides the raucous laughter he was producing.

Suddenly, the dragon he was on lurched, as he realized that while he had been lost in thought, she had shaken herself closer to one of the walls of the cave. To be more precise, he was about 2 meters away from being an orange, red and green splat on the wall.

"Well its been fun and all bu-Whoa!" Another thing the dragon should have noted was that his grip had loosened in the last few minutes, resulting in the blue dragon- Did he actually even know her name? - managing to throw him off. He slid across the ground, still slightly cackling as he managed to pick himself up.

Edited by Draconic29

((I think this is a more accurate intro post. I don't know what was going on with his first ones. Hopefully as this goes on I can be more true to his grumpy nature, which will, unfortunately, take effort.))

user posted image

"I'd like all those who aren't by the entrance to please make haste! The sun is getting warmer, and I think its time that we get introductions over with so that we may get onto a more pressing matter: food and how to obtain it safely for everyone."

Radovan looked up, startled. The booming voice of the large green female commanded his attention, forcing his fuzzy thoughts to slink back into the corners of his mind. Instantly the hazy stupor he had fallen into rose, and he could see and smell and hear with clear senses. He blinked slowly.

What the hell happened?

He shook himself down, trying to release the tension in his joints. It didn't work. Sighing, he tucked his wings against his side.

"Ff... food. " he whispered. His throat rasped and stung, filling his eyes with water. He coughed and pounded on his chest with a clawed hand. "Alright." Clearing his throat one last time, he straightened his shaking legs and walked towards the entrance of the cave. He kept a wary eye on the dragons around him, noting that several more had woken from their sleep. He wondered if he should make an effort to introduce himself. He stopped to shake his head. Introductions could wait. Food and fresh air were far more important.

Food...

What did he eat? His thoughts were still as sluggish as the heartbeats of the sleeping bodies around him, but the act of forcing his stiff muscles to move him forward cleared his head. He could think more rationally than he could moments before, trapped in the corner as he was.

Come on. Think! This is important, idiot.

Perhaps he could ask the green female? She seemed to know how to handle herself. After all, she hadn't crawled into a corner and nearly vomited.

Radovan shuddered.

I hate this. Why don't I know anything? Who am I? Who are all these dragons?

Gritting his teeth, the vampire walked on. He could feel his temper seething and boiling. He was angry that he didn't know. No one was telling him what was going on! No one cared, no one saw him! They were all to busy.. being stupid! Out of the corner of his eye, Radovan saw the tiny shape of a pygmy clinging to a blue and silver female dragon. It was laughing and singing, taunting its host. Eventually it slipped, and fell to the ground. He gritted his teeth. Now was not the time to play around. No one was going to have their questions answered if no one took things seriously. Hissing, he walked more quickly to the entrance, towards the large green female.

He stopped in front of her and struggled to swallow his anger.

Calm down! Get a hold of yourself. Nothing will get done if you freak out on everyone.

He took a deep breath, closing his eyes.

"Sorry I didn't respond before now, m'am. I've been.. this is.. I don't know what's going on. I don't imagine you do, either, but I can't help but ask. Do you know what we're doing here?"

He paused. "I'll help look for... food. Everyone else seems busy and I have nothing better to do."

--

((Deir's intro will be in my next post. I'm trying to make it suck marginally less than the one I did for poor Rads.))

((Time for an Enid post! Sorry for the delay, my complete bad wink.gif))

user posted image

"I'd like all those who aren't by the entrance to please make haste! The sun is getting warmer, and I think its time that we get introductions over with so that we may get onto a more pressing matter: food and how to obtain it safely for everyone." Enid was about to reply to the new blue dragon who had walked over before she turned her head to the command. It was the large green dragon again, and she was practically repeating what the new dragon had said. It made more sense when the green dragon had said it, though. Enid had mistook the blue dragon's question for some sort of guild invitation, and she was preparing to decline with a spit to his face.

"Thank goodness for that clarification," she chuckled quietly to herself, a wry grin on her face. "Heh." She turned to the first blue dragon, the one she really had declined with what was close enough to a spit to the face. He had a sort of hurt, mixed up facial expression. She felt a sudden pang of guilt. Had that been her fault? It didn't feel like her fault. But it looked like her fault. She literally stumbled in confusion, falling back a little and feeling her newly empowered legs sway. She moaned faintly under her breath and suddenly she felt very, very, old. It was an odd feeling, but not one she got to sense for very long.

"Get OFF me!! Get OFF! Get OFF!" Enid shot back in startlement as the newer blue dragon was suddenly attacked by a tiny green one. It had been unexpected, to say the least. Her legs splayed out beneath her like a new faun and she toppled over with a crash. She let out a shriek and flailed on the smooth stone floor.

"How... how could you!?" She yipped in fury. "I would slice your eyes out if I was on my feet right now you mangy green rat!" Enid rolled around, snapping her jaws like a discombobulated alligator. Whatever that green blur was, it had knocked her right back down to the beginning. Sadly for the shimmery pink dragon, the beginning sucked. "You, Kilu or whatever your name is, help me up so I beat the guts out of that little lizard. Then we can see that big green dragon or whatever it seems all you guys want me to do." She huffed in frustration as she found herself once again stuck.

user posted image

Shocked by the tiny green dragon's sudden attack, Kalana bounced backwards in terror, stumbling and almost falling over yet again. Fortunately for her, though, her legs collided as she began tumbling over, knocking each other apart and spreading them solidly back on the ground. Panting, she glared at the brightly colored dragon that had surprised her so much, only to see in horror that he had latched himself onto the other dragon she was trying to talk to. Kalana righted herself as quickly as she could, swinging her tail around for balance, but knew she was quite helpless against someone so much more coordinated. She glared quietly as her new friend struggled against him, hoping his small body wasn't weighty enough to do any damage.

She sighed in relief when the miniature dragon was shaken off and stepped forwards to look over the other dragon for any sign of injury, carefully palpating with a paw. She glared at the attacker! then turned back to the full-size dragon. "Are you alright? I can get you something or someone to help, if you want. I think I know how. Do you still want to go see the other blue and pink dragons? Are you too tired?" Her questions poured out frantically, but in a soft, affectionate tone. Soon, though, she stopped sniffing around the parts of the other dragon that she could reach and began looking at her nervously.

Kalana stared at the silvery blue dragon, trying to take in any details about her that would aid in remembering the other dragon. She observed the delicate swirls on her haunches, and the distinct greyish blue of her scales before looking back up at her face. It was adorned by a silvery mask-like thing that stretched up, above her head and ended in spikes- the white and orange dragon quickly decided that until she got to know everyone better, the beautiful covering on her face would be what defined this dragon. Swiftly, Kalana tried to make a mental link with a silvery, spiky mask and the other dragon's name, but was stopped as she did so. "What's your... Name again? Sorry I'm asking again, I probably missed it or maybe you forgot to reply. Do you mind telling me?" Unknowingly, she shuffled her small feet against the cold, smooth floor, looking upwards hopefully as she did so.

user posted image

Eve violently shook her head until the Pygmy finally flew off, sliding across the smooth floor of the cave. She growled, making her way towards the jerk, with a scowl on her face. She looked out of the corner of her eye, and saw that the little shiny pink dragon had toppled over. She appeared just as angry with the Pygmy as Eve was. Eve slightly ignored her anger though, as the real issue was between her and the Pygmy. She was halfway to where the Pygmy was sitting, still laughing, when she heard a voice behind her. It matched the voice of the white striped dragon she was sent to talk to earlier. Kalana was it? Yes, Kalana. Eve glanced over her shoulder to respond to her inquiries.

"Yes, I'll come with you to the entrance-but just as soon as I give this tiny worthless thing a piece of my mind." She pointed at the Pygmy. It felt unnatural to Eve to be this angry. She felt mean. Even though what the Pygmy did had angered her, and was likely socially unacceptable, she decided to just yell at him. Her original plan was to grab him by the wing, and yell in his face. As she grew closer, she realized that she, even in the heat of anger, would never be able to do that.

By this time, she neared the laughing Pygmy. She leaned over him with menace. "Don't you lay a claw on me again, or I swear I will do more than just reprimand you." She said. This, of course, was a lie. She turned away in a huff, walking to the side of Kalana once more. "Had to take care of...that." She said. "Oh, you asked my name before, didn't you? My name is Evelynn, but you can call me Eve if you want to." She started walking towards the entrance, where a small number of dragons had gathered since she left, only minutes earlier. One of which was a Vampire dragon. She faintly heard him say something about looking for food. "We're not busy." She chimed, glancing at Kalana.

user posted image

Kalu had his attention focused on Enid when Loki made his move, so he was taken completely by surprise when Evelyn started to flail about wildly with the tiny green dragon draped over her face, shrieking in panic. Diverting his attention to the blue female, he turned around to face her and immediately had to dance around in order to avoid her blindly sidestepping feet and lashing tail. "What's going on? What's wrong?" the blue male asked the larger female worriedly, not seeing the green pygmy at first due to the rapid thrashing of her neck. But then Kalu's eyes were drawn to a sudden motion, and the slender blue dragon saw a tiny green body dive down to the ground out of the corner of his eye. The majority of his attention remained on Evelyn, however, as Kalu abruptly realized that she was about to smash into the dimly lit cave wall. "Watch out--!" he cried, leaping forward in an attempt to stop Evelyn before she made contact with the hard surface, but fortunately the other dragon was able to halted herself before that happened. "Whew," Kalu muttered beneath his breath as he cut his jump short, relieved that disaster had been averted.

Before Kalu could relax, however, he heard the pink dragon's voice call out, reminding him to the fact that he was supposed to be trying to help her. "You, Kilu or whatever your name is, help me up so I beat the guts out of that little lizard. Then we can see that big green dragon or whatever it seems all you guys want me to do."

"All right," Kalu said to Enid amiably, hearing the dismissive tone in the pink dragon's voice but choosing to ignore it. At least he was able to help out now. "And my name is Kalu, not Kilu," he told Enid politely, not upset in the least that she'd said it wrong. He had been fairly far away from her the only time he had said it aloud, after all; the blue dragon was surprised she'd heard it at all. "I'm sorry I didn't introduce myself sooner." Kalu snaked his snout down towards the pink dragon's belly, right at the base of her tail, and, managing to get into a crack between it and the cave floor, pushed up, hoping to get Enid into a standing position. He wasn't sure about the part where Enid intended to beat up the tiny green dragon, even considering what he had done it seemed a bit extreme, but he figured that could be handled once the task at hand was accomplished.

OOC: Eve's writer posted before I could finish, but I think everything I wrote still works.

Edited by Avialae

user posted image

"Don't you lay a claw on me again, or I swear I will do more than just reprimand you."

'Wow, I really did tick her off. Maybe I should apologize...Heh, maybe later.'

He heard a collection of other voices around him, one particularly violent one coming from a drake that was having issues standing up at the moment. And while this particular dragon didn't really feel threatening to him, he did admit that he would prefer to keep his internal organs, well, internal. Pulling himself together, the pygmy dragon decided to heed to the earlier dragon's summons, running to the entrance of the cave, before looking back and yelling, "Thanks for the fun, lets do that again sometimes."

He could already feel the glares aimed at his back, as he rushed to the entrance of the cave. He could see the other dragons already, and recognized the odd dragon with a deathly appearance. He still looked especially off, as if he were confused on something. The small dragon decided to give that particular dragon some space. Yet, the dragon that really got his attention was the twenty-four foot tall bloke near him!

'How the hell did I not notice her earlier?' He thought to himself, as he kept running towards the massive dragon, noticing how she might have possibly been the largest of them all. And the cave still looked big enough to hold multiple clones of her. 'Odd, its like whoever built this cave new there was going to be someone that big in it.'

Running to the foot of the giant dragon, he sized her up, estimating that there was a difference of roughly 21 feet between them in height, and that was probably nothing if he got into the difference in weight between them. Seriously, she was MASSIVE.

"Hey ummm...Whoever you are, do you know whats going on? Also, there might be a very ticked off drake coming this way soon, so could I hide somewhere on you?"

In his mind, there was probably a decent chance that she was either going to not notice him, get startled by the voice she could not see the source of, or was going to step on him.

Edited by Draconic29

user posted image

Chorus quietly absorbed the words around, forming an image of the situation in her head. While her primary concern was still the nothingness where her memories should be, the gnawing sensation in her stomach was taking temporary precedence. She heard the big green female talking about food, and having everyone gather by the entrance, so Chorus gathered that she was the dragon in charge, or at least she had the most sensibility. Chorus liked a dragon who could keep a level head in times of duress, or at least she assumed she did.

If there was one thing she knew she definitely didn't like, it was the commotion being caused by a blue dragon and a much smaller, multicolored one. So small... a hatchling? Well, if he was a hatchling, he was an uppity little menace. Chorus's eye twitched disdainfully at the ruckus he'd provoked.

"Get OFF me! Get OFF! Get OFF!" the blue one screeched. Chorus winced against the noise and gave them a wide berth, moving towards the cave entrance and the other, less idiotic dragons. As she approached the larger female, Chorus noticed a male dragon standing nearby, one with dark markings. His presence sent a quiver of unease through Chorus, though she couldn't explain why. There was also a pinkish female, who seemed more than displeased with the little green one's antics.

While Chorus didn't blame her, she couldn't help but roll her eyes at the female's outburst. "I would slice your eyes out if I was on my feet right now you mangy green rat!" Quite an overreaction, Chorus scoffed to herself. By no means did she like the ground, but really, was yelling about dismemberment going to help right now?

Ignoring the small green and the other larger two, Chorus dragged herself closer to the mouth of the cave and tilted her head to the side, letting the sunlight hit her underbelly. The warmth soothed her aching muscles, but it didn't chase away the hunger. When was the last time I ate...? she wondered. The dark colored male appeared to be having the same problem. He seemed frustrated and was just a bit off kilter with his movements. He was either exhausted or starving, or both. Probably both.

...Oh, wonderful, now the little green one was running towards the bigger, wingless female. Chorus sighed and curled her tail around her body, sitting down near the entrance and wondering who she'd pissed off in the past to deserve punishment like this. No sense of priority, none of them, and it seemed to all be the little dragon's fault. Chorus made a note to avoid him, just in case he tried jumping on her next.

Privately she hoped the big green dragon would step on him and rid them all of the nuisance. Glancing over to a slim, orange-colored male who was standing near the green female as well, Chorus clicked at him to hopefully get his attention and asked again, "I don't suppose you know what's going on, do you?" She narrowed her eyes in the direction of the ruckus and the dragons involved. "Those three certainly aren't being very helpful."

Edited by Lumikkja

user posted image

Irawyr

In a flash he was awake. He wasn't a heavy sleeper after all, was he? His mind felt clouded, a befuddled look spread across his face. He blinked his massive red eyes to try to clear away the fog of confusion that had surrounded his mind, yet it remained. Clearly there was some issue, the massive Brute had never had trouble thinking clearly. He mayn't have been a tactical genius like... Someone, but he was certainly practical. Despite the cloud in his mind, Irawyr was certain he knew himself. He felt his pulse pick up and his eyes become hot with rage, he would not stand for this. He was his own master, no fog of forgetfulness would overcome him.

His brooding rage was suddenly cut short as a sound cut through the fog to his ears. He couldn't discern what it was saying, but he was fairly certain it was a voice. Another dragon, perhaps one as confused as he? That would certainly prove useful... And yet, in this baffling state of bewilderment, his capacity for control was limited. His rage continued to build, seeking a release. He sat up on his hind legs with shocking speed for his massive size, his wings extending to their full breadth behind him. True to his savage appearance, Irawyr threw his head back and unleashed and earth-shattering roar.

As he lowered his head, he observed his surroundings. He was in a cave, an extremely large one at that. There were many other dragons scattered about. Yet, despite his roar, most appeared to remain asleep. A snort of disgust escaped his throat, carrying with it a puff of flame. The smoke curling from his nostrils was sufficient to remind Irawyr of his current predicament. This time, however, he quelled the rage welling up inside of him. There was no point in expressing his frustration again, those around him already knew full well that he was agitated. Rather, he leaning forward and fell onto all fours, folding his wings in as he went. He then began to lumber forward. Navigating his way through the bodies lying on the ground like rotting corpses, he waited to be approached by one who was awake. And if they did not, he would simply head for the exit. No point in sticking around a bunch of slackers sleeping away the day.

Edited by MasterWeavile898