C88

The Silver Funeral Lineage

I hear that there are too many tinsels and such, so none of them are making tinsels. sad.gif

I was wandering through somewhere or other, don't even remember where, and ended up with a perfect 6-gen PB Silver Tinsel!

That's why I didn't receive another from grammydragon.

It's just matured and I want to show off my beautiful baby!

The Silver Cortege

Now, to get on with producing him a mate! biggrin.gif

Nothing like being thrown in the deep end! laugh.gif

Cool project smile.gif it's very unique. I'd like to be added to the wait list if possible. owo

I want an egg!

Scroll name: Gp8876

Forum name: Pixel.G

PM: Here

Scroll: Here

Will you breed your egg?: Yes, once I can get a good mate for it

Specific parents (optional):

Notes: -

Thanks! smile.gif

Ewwo. Was I on the waiting list, or did I fail to submit the form? I can't remember...

I'm super excited to build a mate for my new baby. <3 Question: Would it be okay to inbreed my Tinsels (to make a suitable mate) and then kill the common ancestor, meaning the inbreeding would be visible in the lineage? I'll do some trading if not.

I'll definitely donate to this thread once I have a mate set up, I still think it's an über cool idea. biggrin.gif

Anyone have any ideas on how to get their hands on messy-lineaged Silver Tinsels? I would probably feel obligated to tell someone in a gifting or even trade situation. Which would put many people off.

I just can't imagine finding the number of silver tinsels I'll need to create a mate for my 4-gen, let alone my 6-gen! blink.gif

I have an egg available!

Scroll name: grammydragon

Forum name: grammydragon

PM/Teleport: PM

Breeding pair: The Silver Image x The Silver Reflection

Available to: Zeditha

Rules for your gift:

Notes:

Suggestion is to just trade for longer lineages since they have a lower trade

cost. Then use those Tinsels to breed your own for the deadlines. That way

you are not deadlining a dragon bred by somebody else and you don't have to explain what may happen to their dragon.

Back in the day when these deadline/tombstone lineages were started,

many people did use the same pairing and breed mulitple times. Other

people used unrelated lineages. Since the tombstones did not show

prior lineages, nobody really knows which is which. The trouble comes

from TJ changing the rules in the middle of the game to start showing the lineages of the dead dragons. So you have to

make your own decision what to do. I would like to be idealistic, but I

do use the same pairings to breed multiple offspring before wasting them.

I just prefer not to kill so many dragons, although I really do like the idea

of using unrelated dragons every time.

I have one adult Silver Tinsel (and two eggs, thanks to Grammy smile.gif) and my idea was to breed two messy Tinsels, breed those two once for a Tinsel, then kill them. If anyone else wanted an egg from them, or if they didn't show interest, or if they didn't produce, or if they even refused, I'd keep them and retry breeding them. With each other unless it's a refusal, in which case I'd breed a second pair from the same messy Tinsel pairing, and breed those in pairs. Repeat until you have lots of messy Silvers, and anyone who wants them has messy Silvers, then kill the messy parents so you have lots of Silver Tinsel 2-gen Deadlines!

Then it's a fairly simple matter to breed up those 2-gens into a nice EG Deadline lineage. smile.gif

Did that make sense? I hope that made sense. I'll just simplify it into bullet points in case I rambled too much:

- Get a Silver Tinsel, any lineage.

- Breed your Tinsel to any dragon until you have a Silver Tinsel egg.

- Adultify your egg and repeat above steps so that you have two Silver Tinsel adults, preferably influenced to gender oppositely.

- Breed them! Tinsel egg on a Silver platter, as it were.

- Rebreed the two messies until you have gifted out all the eggs you want to, plus kept one for yourself.

- Kill the messies! Take a knife and stab them to death! Muahahahaha!!!!!

- Enjoy your Deadline 2-gen. :3

- Repeat until you have lots of Deadline 2-gens with different parents, then breed them up into an EG lineage! smile.gif

And there you have it, the easy bullet-point list of getting an EG Deadline lineage. You don't even have to kill the original dragon, so you can promise never to kill it and keep that promise without harming your lineage! The Deadlines in a lineage formed using the above method will all be siblings, but hey, it's a Deadline! Who'll find out? XP

Thank you for the tips grammydragon and Zeditha! That gives me the idea. Need all that I can get!

You don't need to bump this every day, you know. Even-gens can take a while.

I'm currently waiting for my Silver to become available for breeding again, or for one of my new silvers to grow up.

I have an egg available!

Scroll name: grammydragon

Forum name: grammydragon

PM/Teleport: PM

Scroll:

Breeding pair: The Silver Image x The Silver Reflection

Available to: Ender - offered

Rules for your gift: acknowledge receiving your dragon in The Silver Funeral thread.

Notes: If I don't hear from person in 24 hours, I will offer to next person

on the list.

Edited by grammydragon

I know it isn't exactly 100% sad, but I'm naming my EG Silver Tinsels 'X of the Silver Lining'. (X is their name, derived from code.)

I'll probably name the first line or two 'X the Depressed', then 'X the Reflecting' before 'X the Silver Lining'.

Is this okay, or do I need to make the names sadder?

I think you just have to use the "The Silver" at the start of each. So, like, The Silver Lining, or The Silver Depression or that sort of thing.

I named my first two after the two opposing attitudes to death - The Silver Finality and The Silver Afterlife. Then another I based on the names of the parents and it is called The Silver Terrorist.

So far, that plus a couple of breeding plans is all I've with mine so far laugh.gif

I thought they just had to be sad names. I'll go read the OP amd name my dragons as appropriate.

Zeditha,

I don't think C88 meant the dragons have to have "sad" names.

My own theory is:

I think it was a silver Tinsel lineage and funeral for

all the deadline tombstones in the first gen. It could be a celebration

of a life that has passed, as well as a sorrow for the life passing.

On the first page one place C88 says the name has to start with

The Silver, but in another paragraph it is stated that offspring

must have The Silver in the name. I think only C88 can clarify

which is acceptable.

I'll rename my dragon, and name all future ones 'X the Silver Y'.

X is their name, derived from code.

Y is a gen-specific suffix. Calling the deadline 0-gen, and the first live dragons 1st gen, they go like this:

Gen 1 & 2: Griever

Gen 3 & 4: Mourner

Gen 5: Reflecter

Gen 6 & above: Lining

This is supposed to represent that the pain fades as you get further from it, and eventually you see the 'silver lining' behind the dark cloud. Supposedly. I wouldn't know, as I'm lucky enough not to remember anyone who is currently dead. (I.e. nobody I know or knew died.)

Just my naming pattern, nobody else has to pay any attention to it.

Edited by Zeditha

Zeditha,

I don't think C88 meant the dragons have to have "sad" names.

My own theory is:

I think it was a silver Tinsel lineage and funeral for

all the deadline tombstones in the first gen. It could be a celebration

of a life that has passed, as well as a sorrow for the life passing.

On the first page one place C88 says the name has to start with

The Silver, but in another paragraph it is stated that offspring

must have The Silver in the name. I think only C88 can clarify

which is acceptable.

Oh woah, I missed a lot of posts blink.gif

Oh geez, I didn't know about that mistake with the paragraphs, I'll be sure to fix it. The name has to start with The Silver, but after 6th gen they only need to have Silver in some part of their name. Sorry for the confusion guys, and as for how sad the names need to be, you don't have to have their names relating to those things (but it is preferable). There is no requrement for how sad a name must be, it just has to be related to death or funerals if you choose t name them like that.

I hope that helps smile.gif

I was wandering through somewhere or other, don't even remember where, and ended up with a perfect 6-gen PB Silver Tinsel!

That's why I didn't receive another from grammydragon.

It's just matured and I want to show off my beautiful baby!

The Silver Cortege

Now, to get on with producing him a mate!  biggrin.gif

Nothing like being thrown in the deep end!  laugh.gif

That's one of my babies ohmy.gif So excited to see that it ended up here. wub.gif

Also, I have a sibling available for adoption if anyone would like it! Will AP/Departures it if no one expresses interest before 3d0h. claimed, pm received, gift sent

Is the waitlist on the first post updated often?

Edited by MorysRipper