KoalaNoob

Cloudclan

Although happy to be with his mate, the tension in the air soon ruined their quiet moment. Halfwhisper's contented purr soon died in his throat as the drama only increased. Rubbing the good side of his face against his mate's cheek, he stood. I'll be back. Someone needs to settle this and stop all the mewling. Of course, Halfwhisper never had the hopes of joining such a quest. Starclan wanted the fastest warriors, and he was far from speedy. Slowly did the warrior hobble towards the clamor, his one good ear flattened. The large cat nudged his way in between Cranewing and the others, his gaze calm. You weren't chosen because we need you here, Cranewing. If our strongest and swiftest Warriors were all to leave, how could he defend ourselves against whatever perils we will face in their absence? Although not the best warrior by all means, Halfwhisper had a way with other cats. He was just so calm and caring. Often was the deformed Tom used for mediating and breaking up arguments. This would be no different.

Moonpaw's ears pricked up as Mistystar started speaking at long last, and, eager to learn what it was their leader had to say, she listened intently to their leader's speech - at least the first half of it, anyway. When Mistystar got to the part about how action needed to be taken to save the clan, Moonpaw's ears folded back and her whiskers trembled, and in a quiet voice that wouldn't carry far, she asked herself, "Save the clan? Does that mean the clan is in danger?" Moonpaw had been aware of the change in the weather and the decline in prey, but no one's health had suffered so far, and it had been going on for so long that it had began to seem normal in the young apprentice's mind. To learn that it was enough of a threat to put the entire clan in danger came as a shock to the half-grown cat. Moonpaw barely heard the rest of Mistystar's speech, absorbed in fear of what might happen to everyone in the clan.

"What's gonna happen to everyone? What are we gonna do?" Moonpaw was voicing her fears out loud more than anything else, pacing around her spot on the Highledge as she worked out the tension built up inside her. "Where even is the danger coming from? What do we need to do to save the clan?" Moonpaw had never really worried that much about anything beyond where her next meal was coming from, so being confronted with something like this came as a major shock to the young apprentice's emotional state, and she was having trouble assimilating the information.

Cranewing, Deputy

Cranewing's ear twitched as he slightly heard Halfwhisper's words, though he was mainly focused on Mistystar. No. He growled simply, keeping his gaze on Mistystar, his lashing tail slowing to a twitch of the tail tip. I am not needed here while they're gone, I know I'm not. Mistystar chose me for a reason, and that's for my skill that is need. For all we know, this journey could be a day, we don't know how far this objective is, and what we need to do. Any cat can organize a patrol, but not every cat can keep a band or patrol together, or in order. That's where I come in for this group. He announced simply, slightly towards Halfwhisper and more at Mistystar. This argument was between him and her, no-one else, though most of the Clan seemed to be favoring his side...Though a great deal just wanted to sleep.

Fleckpelt, Warrior

Fleckpelt's ears angled towards Cranewing, though he didn't gaze up at the deputy. He listened to his words intensely, and decided in his mind that the deputy was right. The traveling cats needed him. Rising to his paws, Fleckpelt slowly tromped into the Warrior's den. His tail was low, as well as his head, and he lay down gently in his nest with a sigh. He silently prayed for the safety of the traveling cats before closing his eyes and drifting into a sleep. He did not dream, to his relief, for he feared it would be about Quillpaw and his family.

((Sorry, short, have to go to school))

Mistystar

Mistystar snarled down to her clan, not having retreated quite yet. Though partially in the tunnel, her voice was loud enough to heard by every cat. "Did I say that I was allowing discussion? I certainly do not remember it. Disperse now; there will be no night patrol. Especially for those who will journey, we all need a good night's sleep. If you must talk with me, wait in the clearing while I return. But before I go, I say this: Cranewing, you just explained why you were not chosen. You are the one who always creates patrols. You are not the one who leads them the best. Far from, in fact. This is only secured by your behavior today. And you were never chosen." Without any sympathy in her gaze, Mistystar turned and began to walk through the tunnel. She knew her cats would be shaken by the stern display, but that wasn't her greatest concern. Mild emotions like that were easily gotten rid of. It was the warriors who didn't listen to reason that she cared about. She continued to walk through the passage, soon emerging above the camp. Quickly now, she trotted around to find the way back to the clearing. Already, she was quite sure that more than Cranewing would be awaiting her.

Cranewing, Deputy

With fire burning in his green gaze, remained planted on the ground until Mistystar reappeared. He leaped in front of the she-cat, his tail lashing. Listen, The deputy began, narrowing his gaze and trying to calm himself. I need to go, Mistystar, I love Cloudclan and my clanmates, I want to be with them every step of the way! You're a strong leader who can handle the Clan and the challenges who face us, so you clearly won't need me that much while I'm gone. My Clanmates need me, Mistystar, any cat can organize a patrol, it's as simple as flicking your tail! You chose me as deputy because I have leadership, like you, you taught me that. Cranewing began, circling his leader slowly as he spoke, his fur now flat. You told me yourself that they need my leadership. The tabby finished, waiting for a harsh response, though he hoped his words had calmed the leader to the point that she'd let him go.

Thistlepaw

Thistlepaw hadn't found the announcement to be particularly amazing. It was interesting and important for the entire clan; but held little personal value to him. The joyous celebrations for cats entering apprenticeship or warriorhood were much preferred for him. They were fun and happy, and could be held without bringing concerns and worries onto every cat.

He yawned. The dim sky was tricking him into being tired, despite his late awakening and little activity throughout the day. His body was showing few symptoms of being tired or worn out. Yet, his mind was commanding him to curl up in a warm nest, despite his usual sleeptime being quite a while later than the time it was. Quite aware of this, Thistlepaw sought out his sister; ready to rebel against himself. "Willowpaw! Hi! What did you think of the announcement? It was kinda boring, for me. Did you like it? I think some cats wish they could go, too."

((I'll wait for Tallstorm before replying, Mia.))

Edited by KoalaNoob

((Alright))

Songbreeze, Warrior

Songbreeze frowned, watching Cranewing and Mistystar argue. The warrior turned away, her whiskers twitching as she watched Ivyclaw shift around in his den, mumbling quietly to himself. He was awake now, probably woken by the ruckus coming from Mistystar and Cranewing. With a flick of her tail, she approached Ivyclaw, wondering what his response would be, since she declined his son. ...Eer, Hi... She mewed nervously, watching the tabby flinch and gaze up at Songbreeze. He silently grunted his response, gazing at the ground and shifting once more, only to wince in pain from his torn muscle. Sorry about declining your son, but...Well, I want kits, and he says he isn't ready for them, and we got into a few arguments...It's nothing against you or Quillpaw or Smokeypaw, Smokeypaw and I are friends'n all... She began, shaking her head. Ivyclaw responded with a slow nod, his eyes closed as he remained lying down with his head held high.

Smokeypaw, Apprentice

Unable to sleep well, Smokeypaw awoke, grunting angrily as she shifted in her nest, trying to get comfortable. When she was unsuccessful, she lay still, her head on her paws with her yellow-green eyes glimmering as she gazed outside at the cats in the Clearing. Maybe they'll fine Quillpaw's body when they're out and about. What if they run into Maroon?! That tom was always yelling and attacking Quillpaw, which was one of the main reasons he was exiled. I doubt it though, Maroon would've never survived on his own, that I know of. Besides, if he was still alive, we'd scent him on our territory, because he would never leave this area, knowing him. Smokeypaw thought, shifting once more so she could wrap her tail around her frail body. She was growing more tired now, letting out a heavy sigh and letting her eyes droop. Thoughts often lulled her to sleep.

Finchpaw

Finchpaw looked at Moonpaw. "Are you all right?" She was also a bit freaked out. She had to put that aside though or her nonexistent reputation will be gone. "Don't worry it's going to be fine." She told her. The young apprentice looked at Moonpaw hoping that she could find the right words. "Everything will be fine the clan is ok and if something does pop up we will overcome it." She said. Finchpaw hoped the cheesy line would be enough to calm Moonpaw. She rolled onto her side still facing the cat. "Also the travelling cats will take care of whatever's wrong. They'll find out what's happening and take care of it." Hopefully I didn't make her situation worse. I mean a freaked out cat can take the slightest thing and make a connection to what's freaking them out. She sighed. Finchpaw was getting dreary but decided to not go to the apprentice den and sleep. She waned to do other things. She got up and sat down wondering how Moonpaw was going to reply. Her eyes grew heavy and she thought to herself I can't go to sleep now. It's too early. Fight the drowsiness off. Finchpaw shook her fur and snapped her self back from falling asleep.

(She has a reputation in her mind.)

Snowfeather

Snowfeather glanced at Duskflame, not surprised in the least that he was staying in the camp. He didn't seem like a good choice for one of the four warriors... The she-cat glanced around camp, her fur a bit fluffed up. She didn't like how loud the clan had gotten, and she was tired. Snowfeather waled past Duskflame, brushing against him slightly, before heading towards the warriors den. She was tired, and wanted to get some quiet, weather it was even a little less quiet than out I'm the open. I hope I don't miss anything important while I am asleep... she thinks to herself. Snowfeather curls up near a corner and wraps her tail around herself, wanting to drown out all the noise from the energetic clan outside. She dozes off after a while, dreaming of Duskflame for some reason....

(Her dream... Or nightmare.. is below)

Snowfeather glanced up, and found herself in a clearing, surrounded by forestry. The trees swayed eerily, and it was dark. She bristled, shivering with more than cold. Snowfeather looked behind her, and saw a shadow lurking in the trees. She crouched down, fear clenching her and making her unable to think. She crouched there, frozen, staring into the trees. A cat with broad shoulders appeared out of the shadows, and as the figure came closer, Snowfeather oticed it was Duskflame. She gasped and backed up a little, seeing something like hatred in his eyes. He crawled forward, a predatory look in his eyes. She turned with a shriek as her pounced on her, his fangs bared, and woke up gasping.

Snowfeather's usual soft, clean fur was matted with sweat, and her eyes were wide with fear. She had jumped up in fear for her nightmare, and she looked outside. She had not been asleep very long, and the clan was still chattering noisily. Snowfeather groomed herself briskly, wanting to inform Mistystar of the strange dream. I will go tell Mistystar as soon as I have the chance. Hopefully she has a spare moment sometime soon. Even if it was just a nightmare, Mistystar should know about this just in case it is serious... the honest warrior thought to herself.

Edited by EnchantingMiracle

Fleckpelt, Warrior

Fleckpelt flinched, his heart lurching as he heard Snowfeather awake. His fur was fluffed in surprise, and his green eyes as round as a moon. Are we under attack?! He thought, his flank rising and falling swiftly as he gazed around. With his ears pricked, the black and silver tom scented the air, and to his relief, he scented nothing. Grunting, Fleckpelt forced his fur to go flat, and he uncomfortably rested his head on his paws. Sadness still nipped at his heart as he gazed across the clearing at Songbreeze with Ivyclaw. What was she talking about with his father? Nothing good, obviously...My father'll hate me for failing at stealing Songbreeze's heart...I'll be all alone, only with Smokeypaw, who doesn't hang out with me that much anymore since she's becoming quite a popular apprentice. Fleckpelt thought with a heavy sigh, gazing up at the foggy sky to barely see the vibrant moon. If he was still alive, Quillpaw would be at Fleckpelt's side at the moment, and he would be making him laugh.

Snowfeather

Snowfeather turned to look at Fleckpelt, her eyes solemn with something unreadable in the m as well. Her fur was still a bit fluffed from her nightmare, and she groomed herself quickly. As she glanced at Felckpelt again, her eyes were round and sad. She noticed he was thinking about something, and it was probably Songbreeze. Snowfeather walked over to Fleckpelt and lay down beside him, licking his ear and wrapping her tail around him. She droops her tail, but keeps her ears pricked wanting to know if anything important happened outside.

Fleckpelt, Warrior

Fleckpelt remained still, his eyes now closed as his thoughts continued to race on. He remembered Maroon's cruel words towards Quillpaw, threatening to kill the apprentice. Fleckpelt had gotten himself into some great trouble when Maroon threatened Quillpaw, and Fleckpelt attacked him, scoring a scratch on the tabby's shoulder. He found himself smiling as he remembered the surprised look on Maroon's face, and the loud, obnoxious cheering of Quillpaw. Maroon mentored Quillpaw, so Quillpaw could never get away from him...And that's what brought Songbreeze and me close, since we both had a strong hatred for her brother. I wonder....If Maroon found a way to kill Quillpaw? He thought, his tail tightly wrapped around his flecked body. No matter how much Quillpaw had been threatened, he always seemed to be jolly and humorous, constantly joking about Maroon.

Songbreeze, Warrior

Songbreeze gently flicked her tail against Ivyclaw's shoulder. I hope you know I will never be like my brother, and I will always hate him with a burning passion. If he murdered Quillpaw...I'll murder him somehow, even if he's already dead. I'll go to the Dark Forest and rip his throat out, if Fleckpelt doesn't do it first. She promised Ivyclaw, who opened his eyes slightly and gave the light tabby a smile. Returning the smile, Songbreeze rose to her paws, exiting the Elder's den and peering into the Apprentice's den. She could faintly, just barely, see Smokeypaw's dark outline inside, sleeping in an uncomfortable position. Her whiskers twitched in amusement as she passed the Den, her tail held high, though exhaustion twinkled in her silver-green gaze.

Birchpelt

Dipping her head graciously at her position in the quest, Birchpelt retired to her den as she had been told to do. The soft green nests inside the giant hollow log weren't filled up yet, and most were apparently still outside despite Mistystar's orders. Not particularly caring, she tucked herself into the one she knew was hers, from scent and sheer memory. Pushing her nose under a curled tail, Birchpelt closed her eyes in hopes for a good night's sleep that might lead to an early awakening. The others that would be travelling were obviously supposed to so the same, but they weren't her business. If they wanted to be all tired when they set off, they could be. As long as the group wasn't slowed down by their lack of responsibility, which she knew Icefall would never allow.

Her eyes half-closed in attempted sleep, Birchpelt couldn't help but notice - and be annoyed - by a younger cat grooming herself at the somewhat late hour. It wasn't really the time that was irksome. Though fur would become messy from sleep, the rasping of tongue could be quite comforting. But it was in the warriors den where so many were trying to sleep. It was definitely not okay to keep others away simply to groom oneself. "You there, sitting up. Would you just sleep, or at least take it outside? It's very annoying."

Moonpaw wasn't convinced at all by Finchpaw's feeble attempt to comfort her. "But the Leader said the Clan needed to be saved! That means that it's in real danger! And it must be really bad if warriors need to travel away from the Clan! What if we're gonna have to move away? What if we can't do it in time? Mistystar said all the prey was moving away, remember! We might not be *able* to overcome this, Finchpaw! Bad things might happen to all of us!" Moonpaw huddled down in a ball, tailtip curled around her front paws, and began licking it rapidly, shivering in fear. Although normally she'd be excited about getting to explore a new place, the thought of everything she'd ever known being ruined or disappearing left her terrified, and wanting the comfort of familiar things.

Thistlepaw

Still waiting for his sisters reply, Thistlepaw turned to Moonpaw, another new apprentice who was sitting behind him and squealing quite loudly. His large, bulky body shifted on the grass, showing only ruffling gray fur as he moved, stopping only when his head was on his own shoulder. Staring pointedly at his supposed peer, he grunted in a less-than-friendly manner. "Mistystar did not say that the prey is all fleeing, for Starclan's sake! She said that no new creatures were coming here, so we have to be more sparing and let the existing families breed. The warriors have been talking about this nonstop for the last few days, have you not picked up on any of that? And if it comes to it, I'm sure we'll just leave camp and settle somewhere else. You're acting like we have to stay here and we're only trying to survive. Listen to Finchpaw, who's obviously got more experience than you. Now could you please stop whining and settle down? Go to your nest or something, you're too young to stay up late anyways. Even Willowpaw and I are sleeping soon." Flicking his tail, Thistlepaw turned back to his sister. He wasn't particularly shamed by his act of rudeness towards Moonpaw. Generally, he would try to be nice, but younger cats who acted like little bratty kits really made his whiskers twitch.

He turned back to Willowpaw, waiting expectantly for an answer. Somehow, he was sure that she wanted to go. She would probably be upset on having been left out, too, especially when Sagepaw, who they were quarrelling with, was going. But that was different. She was not selected for particular attributes, just that she was the only one who could. It was something to be proud of, but wasn't really something to boast about.

Finchpaw

"Thistlepaw be a bit more polite!" Finchpaw said angered. "She's just scared that something might happen to the clan." She said taking a few breaths. "Everything's going to be fine. If all the prey leaves we'll follow it. We can make it through this. Like Thistlepaw said we can move to survive we aren't glued to the ground." She said to the fellow apprentice. He didn't have to be so rude. I mean a little firmness is understandable but that wasn't. What was he thinking? Finchpaw thought to herself. "Why don't we go and rest for a bit." She got up and looked behind her for Moonpaw to follow. Let's go. She told her. Maybe she'll feel better in the morning. Finchpaw hoped relieved. She was still mad at Thistlepaw but she had to get over it otherwise a grudge would be held. She let out a sigh and waited for Moonpaw. If she didn't get up she would wait here but otherwise she wanted to sleep. The day felt long and she was growing tired.

Thistlepaw

Thistlepaw hadn't found the announcement to be particularly amazing. It was interesting and important for the entire clan; but held little personal value to him. The joyous celebrations for cats entering apprenticeship or warriorhood were much preferred for him. They were fun and happy, and could be held without bringing concerns and worries onto every cat.

He yawned. The dim sky was tricking him into being tired, despite his late awakening and little activity throughout the day. His body was showing few symptoms of being tired or worn out. Yet, his mind was commanding him to curl up in a warm nest, despite his usual sleeptime being quite a while later than the time it was. Quite aware of this, Thistlepaw sought out his sister; ready to rebel against himself. "Willowpaw! Hi! What did you think of the announcement? It was kinda boring, for me. Did you like it? I think some cats wish they could go, too."

((I'll wait for Tallstorm before replying, Mia.))

Willowpaw

She had almost reached her bed when Thistlepaw caught up, his voice raising just enough so as to get her attention. Purring and smiling, Willowpaw turned to face her brother and sat down at her nest. "Mistystar's announcement wasn't all to interesting but, I am confused as to why she's sending all of the old warriors! And, she didn't even include Barkpelt in that group!" A mrrow of amusement left her muzzle before she continued, tail swishing. "Yeah, I really wanted to go! Sagepaw's a smart choice for when there are injuries or illnesses but, with all of the aged warriors? Surely, she's going to be a bit isolated?" She tilted her head, wondering if her brother might agree.

Instead, he took the moment to response to a wailing Moonpaw, and she glanced over at the younger two apprentices. "We're all worried for the clan, Finchpaw, that doesn't mean we should lose our heads like Moonpaw is. Even Cranewing is stepping out of line by having his drama. And, believe me. I know drama!" Willowpaw remarked, a lighthearted smile filling her face. "But, Thistlepaw and Finchpaw are right. Sleep is something everyone should get. The sun's just about to set if it hasn't already."

And I want to talk to Thistlepaw without anyone overhearing....

Moonpaw cowered low to the ground at Thistlepaw's outburst. "She didn't say that the prey was leaving?" In her panicked state of mind, the actual details of Mistystar's announcement had gotten blurred in with the young apprentice's imagination. "But all the prey *is* gone! Like you said, all the warriors have been talking about it! And all the fish are going downstream!" Even though she now knew her assumption to be false, Moonpaw still wanted to try to defend herself.

As Finchpaw spoke, Moonpaw straightened a little, her fur flattening somewhat. "I guess we could leave if we really had to . . . But I don't want to leave." This was her home. The thought of having to leave forever was really scary to Moonpaw. As Thistlepaw walked away from her, the gray and white apprentice slowly got up and followed the other apprentice into the den, even if she wasn't tired after the huge shock she'd just had.

Thistlepaw

Thistlepaw nosed his sister lovingly, thanking her quietly for her support as he did so. He didn't really think that the support was necessary- Finchpaw and Moonpaw were both fighting losing battles, since he hadn't really even been rude, just snappish. And, the facts were backing him. They were young wailing apprentices, and though they would win sympathy from older warriors, the others would most likely side with him. But even after the brief episode, Moonpaw was being a whiny brat, squealing, wailing and whimpering even after Willowpaw's warning. Thistlepaw was really losing respect for those younger than him. Emberpaw had been okay, and Smokeypaw was fantastic- but the two he was facing were just terrible, believing they were right even though they were younger and inexperienced. Emberpaw had been a little annoying, too, but at least he apologized and was willing to listen to those he knew could help him.

He flicked his tail in annoyance, just glancing at the other two apprentices from the corner of his vision. "Yeah, and if you had been listening like you claimed you were, you would've known earlier that the prey isn't fleeing. And that clearly leads to the fact that the prey is still here. We just aren't stupid and are letting them breed so there's more during leafbare, when we won't have any fish. Stop arguing about something you no nothing about. It's not helping you be more likeable, or making you seem smart. And if you don't want to leave, you can stay here alone. The clan isn't going to change their plans or risk dying out because of a whiny kit. You eat herbs even if you don't want to, this is the same." Wrapping his tail around Willowpaw's neck, he started to draw it lightly around her fur, to tickle her, but stopped. "Should we go to the dirtplace, first? We are quite a bit, and waking up at night could disturb others."

Edited by KoalaNoob

Finchpaw

Finchpaw sighed not wanting to continue the argument. She decided to give it up he was as stubborn as her. She entered the den and curled up. She started to drift off when she snapped back awake from a falling feeling. I hate it when that happens. I guess I'll stay awake for awhile. She still couldn't get over the argument. It's not her fault she's scared some cats get scared easier. Why can't he see that. Finchpaw stood by her decision and decided that it was time for her to sleep and forget about the argument. I hate when people don't understand, I mean she was scared and if he doesn't like her personality than he doesn't have to get involved with cheering her up. Maybe I'm exaggerating the situation. No, I'm right and he's wrong. She thought. The apprentice drifted to sleep hoping for pleasant dreams.

Dream

Finchpaw found herself in the middle of camp. She walked around but found no one. She was shocked about this but realized it was a dream. Even though she knew this she couldn't help but have a weird feeling. The camp seemed different, off.

((This dream means nothing FYI))

Moonpaw's ears folded slightly at Thistlepaw's words. She had no idea why the older apprentice was being so mean to her. The young apprentice wasn't in actuality trying to argue at all, but was just vocalizing the fear she felt at the time. Maybe some of it was wrong and maybe she hadn't been paying the closest attention, but that didn't mean she was a know-it-all. And she didn't know why Thistlepaw was acting like he was so much better than her when he wasn't that much older than her.

Moonpaw didn't want to get into a real argument with Thistlepaw, but she wasn't about to apologize to him either, considering she hadn't done anything wrong, and she didn't think she could say anything to the older apprentice without it sounding like an insult, so she just turned away and ran after Finchpaw into the den. Even Moonpaw was aware that leaving like that didn't exactly put her in the best light, but she couldn't think of any better way to do it. Moonpaw curled up in her den, still not tired but knowing not to do anything that might wake up anyone else who might be sleeping.

Smokeypaw, Apprentice

Smokeypaw was very irritated as her slept was disrupted again, this time, by noisy little apprentices. Grumbling, she wrapped into a tighter ball to show the awake young apprentices that she was trying to sleep. She silently thanked Thistlepaw in her head for being rude towards the younger two, since it seemed to quiet them quickly. At least Finchpaw was going to sleep finally...The she-cat shifted in her nest, rolling onto her back but remaining in a ball. With a soft grunt, Smokeypaw squeezed her eyes shut, and eventually, her body relaxed, and she ended up drifting into a dream...And it wasn't of past events.

((In dream...)) Smokeypaw uncurled herself, looking around until her gaze fell onto a familiar pelt. Quiilllllllllllyy! <3 She cried, rising to her paws and glomping the tom, covering his face in licks. The cat didn't respond, it just looked up at her with a blank, annoyed look. Smokeypaw paused, her eyes wide and her jaw dropping as she backed away to let the tom up. T-That...T-This means....You're dead? She whimpered, gazing at the tom with pitiful yellow-green eyes. Quillpaw flicked his tail in response, speaking no words what-so-ever, though he wore a grin on his face, obviously happy to see his younger sibling. Smokeypaw continued to remain still, her eyes wide, while Quillpaw stuck his tongue out at the black smoke molly and shoved her before racing off into a cloud of fog. Quillpaw! Smokeypaw called out, trying to pursue the tom...But he was gone. With a stubborn, sassy frown, Smokeypaw sat down with a loud thud, grumbling angrily to herself. She curled into a ball, closing her eyes and disappearing from the dream, and returning to the dizzy blackness of sleep.

Songbreeze, Warrior

Songbreeze quickened her pace as she passed the Apprentice's den in a swift trot, flattening her ears to ignore their dispute. Gee, usually apprentice's are all little buddies. All this stress is getting to us! Songbreeze thought, yawning slightly as she headed towards the Warrior's Den. As she entered, she ignored the other warriors -including Fleckpelt-, and settled down in her nest. Songbreeze neatly tucked her paws beneath her delicate chest, her ears pricked, but her eyelids drooping. The warrior eventually gave into her exhaustion, her head sliding onto the moss with her eyes now closed, her flank rising and falling slowly. She didn't dream, unlike many other cats, and she was pleased with that. Songbreeze had a strong dislike for dreams -though she believed in StarClan- she just didn't like bad news or nightmares. True, some dreams were good, but she didn't like them.

Icefall

Icefall pricked her ears forward to listen to Mistystar's announcement. She needed to know who was leaving, even if she expected to be overlooked as always. Her eyes widened in surprise when she heard her name called. Her? There hadn't been some kind of mistake?

Of course it wasn't a mistake. It made sense that Mistystar had chosen her. She deserved it more than anyone else, after all. Still, it was hard to get over the shock of being acknowledged as being better and more deserving than others. Mistystar had even named her leader of the expedition! Out of all of the others, even Cranewing, Mistystar knew that she would be the best choice.

The others going on the journey were Birchpelt, Tallstorm, and Sagepaw, but that seemed unimportant. Icefall knew that it was important, but it was hard to think of that after hearing that she would be going on the journey. They were good choices; Icefall might've picked them if she was choosing warriors to go on the journey. Birchpelt and Tallstorm were both old and experienced, and they did need a healer. Sagepaw wasn't loud and annoying like some of the other apprentices, which was good.

Icefall pinned her ears back and lashed her tail once when she heard Cranewing. He was acting like an apprentice! Who was he to question his leader? What made him special, that he felt that he needed to go on the journey? He was the deputy, yes, but he would be just as useful back at camp. Even if Tallstorm didn't want to go, Icefall would have picked someone else after that.

Everyone was going back to the dens, but Icefall remembered the fish that she had left by the river. Maybe she did need a full night's sleep for the journey tomorrow, but it wouldn't take her long to reach the fishing spot and get back. Quietly, she slunk out of camp and trotted along the river until she found the fish, then picked then up and turned around. As quickly as she could without getting tired she headed back, dropped the fish on the fresh-kill pile before crawling into the warriors' den. Doing her best to avoid waking anyone else, Icefall curled up in her own nest and fell asleep.

Marshflight

Marshflight felt his heart beating quicker as Mistystar began her announcement. Who would be leaving? He knew that he wouldn't be and that Sagepaw almost certainly would be. He was afraid that he wouldn't see any of them again, and he wouldn't be able to help them. It wouldn't be his fault, would it? Perhaps he could have trained Sagepaw better. Maybe he said something wrong, or he forgot to tell her something. If he did, and someone died because of it...

No. He was being silly. Sagepaw knew what she was doing. Mistystar finally got to the part of the announcement where she told them which cats would be going. Icefall, Birchpelt, Tallstorm. Marshflight's heart sank when she reached Sagepaw's name. He had known that it was coming, but he had still hoped that her name wouldn't be called. He had to remind himself that it was good that Sagepaw was going. Things had been fine before she had been his apprentice, hadn't they? It would be okay until she got back.

Suddenly feeling tired, Marshflight brought the bones of his fish to the dirtplace and entered his den. Finding the pile of moss that was his nest, he lied down on it to sleep. He could say good-bye in the morning.

[[Pardon any mistakes I make or weird autocorrects. I'm writing with half a brain. The new pair will appear tomorrow.]]

Willowpaw

Tail swishing with affection as her brother touched his nose to her shoulder and thanked her softly, Willowpaw remained silent as it seemed everyone was done with the argument. She purred when Thistlepaw tried tickling her with his tail, amused by his feeble attempt. "The dirt place? Sure. I could use some free space before sleeping curled up against everyone tonight," she remarked, briefly following Thistlepaw's guidance before removing herself from his tail.

When they reached the dirt place, she paused, glancing around. No one would overhear them and Willowpaw was positioned where she could see someone coming ahead of time. "I'm going tomorrow. I want to be on that trip. Are you coming with me?" she asked, excitement entering her expression as her tail shifted in anxiousness.

Edited by Narvix

Thistlepaw

Trudging behind the log that served as a den for Cloudclan's apprentices and warriors, Thistlepaw yawned, but then realized that his eyes weren't foggy and his limbs weren't sore. Quite the contrary, he felt like he could run a lap around the entirety of Cloudclan's territory- not that he really could. But he was yawning. The suspicions of so many were true. The clouds obscuring the sun were messing up the inner time of every cat. His brain was telling himself to sleep despite not being tired at all. "Thansk for accompanying me, Willowpaw. Having a friend around is always nice, even if it's just to go to the dirtplace before night." He scrunched up his nose at mildly foul smell, holding his breath as best as he could. Squatting down, he did his business quickly, and turned to return to the clearing to escape from the stench. But he paused before he completed his first pawstep; paw still raised in the air.

His voice was hushed and urgent, his eyes bright to reflect the oncoming panic. He knew his character was strong enough to break Willowpaw's sheer willpower and determination to so what she wanted. He wasn't a runt, but his sister was definitely the one that had controlled what they played and how they played as kits. Even now, she was the one in charge, even when Feathertail was watching. "But Willowpaw! You can't go!" He was hissing through his clenched jaw, just barely letting harsh-sounding words escape through a crack as a furious whisper. "They'll just send you back, a day's travel isn't that much!" But a day was a lot in foreign territory, especially if they kept a brisk pace and didn't take too much time to rest. On the first day, the journeyers would probably be high-spirited and ready to run every tail-length of the land between Cloudclan camp and the problem's source, too. In fact, they might very well do that for half the journey, to help restore Cloudclan faster- if Willowpaw went, she wouldn't be coming back. "Are you finished? Let's go sleep, now."