zaverxi

Yellow Undine theories!

I just have two yellow pb so far, 1 green and fingers crossed for another five!

I bred 4 undine eggs with varying parents within a few minutes of each other. Result was 3 green and 1 yellow hatchlings.

Would appear to me at least, that time of day is not a factor.

I think it's just random whether an egg hatches yellow or green.

Like earlier stated, there were just more yellows at first with the ratios that had to even out. Now they're evened out so you just have to be lucky, I think!

I'll see if I'm lucky or not tonight..

They're not easy breeders are they?

I've gottten a ton of refusals yesterday, one undine egg, and one Brute egg

I wouldn't be surprised if they're uncommons. Seems likely, they aren't breeding as readily as our several past releases have.

Many people got 7 new release eggs on the release day, and it'd be pretty stupid if TJ made it that you had to catch and keep 8 eggs - which is literally impossible because you can't hatch an egg within a day really (maybe with earthquake but I highly doubt that would happen).

They shouldn't have a BSA, if they did have a BSA, we should've seen a link for the BSA in the actions panel already.

And like everyone already stated, 8 eggs is for the 2 color variations with gender dimorphism and frozen hatchlings.

You know..all of the variables and possibilities people have been talking about, I do not appreciate the fact that I make a comment..that for all you know, COULD have actually been possible...and it's called stupid.

Generally, I do not like the feel nor attitude of your whole reply to me. At all.

And, how do you know that it might not have a BSA in the future? It's possible.

I was not going to initially reply to this, however...your snarky attitude just has me livid. I don't know why, but it does.

I'm sorry if my idea was so out there and different, though still possible for all you know that you had to react in such a way.

You know..all of the variables and possibilities people have been talking about, I do not appreciate the fact that I make a comment..that for all you know, COULD have actually been possible...and it's called stupid.

Generally, I do not like the feel nor attitude of your whole reply to me. At all.

And, how do you know that it might not have a BSA in the future? It's possible.

I was not going to initially reply to this, however...your snarky attitude just has me livid. I don't know why, but it does.

I'm sorry if my idea was so out there and different, though still possible for all you know that you had to react in such a way.

Wow, how was I being snarky?!

I was just saying that it would have been pointless for TJ to make a system where you'd get a CB yellow if you grabbed 8 eggs on the release day, since it's impossible.

All the theories on the 8 eggs had already been turned down in the release thread, and even people who worked on the sprites said not to hope for other colors and such.

(link to post: http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showt...=162980&st=500, http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showt...0entry8364615 )

You know, I didn't intend for that comment to be snarky at all, I was just being informative.

I guess you misinterpreted the tone of it.

Edited by Sany

So glad my first two bred Undines ended up being yellow. biggrin.gif They just hatched. I was a bit late to the party so i wasn't sure what i was going to get. Now if they would be so kind as to gender correctly so i have a male and a female, i will really be happy!

You tell me. None of my 6 undines -- meaning 6 separate breedings -- produced an egg. And I think the greens are starting to mix in with the yellows >.<

You lucky duck! I was hoping someone kind would gift me a female yellow, since all I have are males! I'm guessing gifting days are over, since people seem to want CB metals for their yellows now. tongue.gif

I have a yellow up for trade and so far I haven't gotten many decent offers. Offers have included:

*long gen bred commons/uncommons

*3 CB undines

*mix of random things

*CB blusang

I find that interesting. People seem to really want them but they aren't really offering anything fantastic. So relax, they aren't going for CB metals.

*Edit*

Offers now include:

*2nd gen gold

*2nd gen avatar

Edited by littleblackdog

I have a yellow up for trade and so far I haven't gotten many decent offers.  Offers have included:

*long gen bred commons/uncommons

*3 CB undines

*mix of random things

*CB blusang

I find that interesting.  People seem to really want them but they aren't really offering anything fantastic.  So relax, they aren't going for CB metals.

I'm a bit puzzled. Basically people should/could offer more or less the same that they would for a 2nd Gen Alt Vine. Am I'm missing something?

I'm a bit puzzled. Basically people should/could offer more or less the same that they would for a 2nd Gen Alt Vine. Am I'm missing something?

I guess people don't want to offer more until it's clear that yellow undine alts are as rare as alt vines? That makes sense to me anyway.

i got offered 2 yellows for a CB copper yesterday

Edited by djengis

i offered the copper and asked for trio , cb blusang or undine hatchies (not specificly yellows) so i accepted that trade, wanted the copper of my scroll anyways biggrin.gif

Edited by djengis

You lucky duck! I was hoping someone kind would gift me a female yellow, since all I have are males! I'm guessing gifting days are over, since people seem to want CB metals for their yellows now. tongue.gif

I know the feeling. Just have to keep trying though.

I bred two undine eggs and they just hatched:

Undine x Undine --> Got a Green Undine hatchy.

Undine x CB Gold --> Got a Yellow Undine Hatchy.

You can still BREED for yellows.

My PB hatched green, so I've a PB Yellow and a PB Green.

I bred two eggs too!

Undine x Undine (both from forest) --> Yellow

Undine x Undine (both from mountains) --> Green

I wish that the PB green was a yellow, but oh well… smile.gif

I want at least one PB yellow too, but PBs being green allow me to do a lovely PB EG lineage I was wanting to do with these guys, so I'm not TOO upset. I just want a few more yellows (lineage unimportant, really, I'll take one from an inbred mint).

I got one yellow and three green from four PB eggs, looks like getting 12 will take time... At least I have one))

Well my PB just hatched green but I got 2 yellows so it's all good and I'm soooo very happy these are alts and not some complicated way of breeding xd.png