zaverxi

Yellow Undine theories!

So I was late to the party and both of mine hatched green. Not too terribly unhappy about it, I have a lineage planned around PBs and lyrics from a particular scout song. Yes, the lyrics are on placeholders and I just need to breed out a 4G.

I haven't been following the whole thread - are yellows the same as alt blacks or alt vines now? That is: bred only, not CB, and rare? Not like galaxies where it's an even mix of colours?

I haven't been following the whole thread - are yellows the same as alt blacks or alt vines now? That is: bred only, not CB, and rare? Not like galaxies where it's an even mix of colours?

Think so, I've yet to see a yellow CB, but bred ones have been turning up both colors. Not sure about the rarity of the yellows, but saw someone post earlier that when the alt Blacks and Vines were released there were a lot of them at first.

For those getting greens - what date were your eggs laid on? Seems like my yellows are among the last of the big batch of them, and they were both laid on August 10th. Perhaps the color is determined upon egglaying?

For those getting greens - what date were your eggs laid on? Seems like my yellows are among the last of the big batch of them, and they were both laid on August 10th. Perhaps the color is determined upon egglaying?

No way to be sure if it's determined at the laid date or the hatched date, but my yellow is older than my greens. The yellow was laid on the 7th and hatched on the 10th, while my two greens were laid on the 9th and 10th and hatched on the 12th.

Got all bred greens and mine were laid on the 9th. dry.gif

Unless it's an even date/odd date hatching/egg laying that determines alt-ness.

Oops, maybe I'm totally wrong. This hatched on the 11th and was picked up the 9th. Dang it.

Edited by Yunako

I consider myself lucky that I was able to get 11 yellow undines before my last 3 hatched green. All 4 of my latest were laid on in 10th and I got 1 yellow and 3 greens.

I consider myself lucky that I was able to get 11 yellow undines before my last 3  hatched green. All 4 of my latest were laid on in 10th and I got 1 yellow and 3 greens.

WOW! 11!? I was lucky to get three!

All of my batch hatched green. Of course. I never had high hopes for the lovely-lineaged yellows I'd planned on breeding anyway. laugh.gif

Edited by Yunako

My egg hatched Gold. I used "magic" tongue.gif

Egg was laid 10th day. smile.gif Hatched Today.

Edited by DangerDragon

WOW! 11!? I was lucky to get three!

9 bred by me and two from the AP so I'm pretty happy with my yellow undies. smile.gif

I don't think so. My green and my yellow were bred the same day (8/10) within 2 minutes of each other and they both hatched the same day (8/12), again within a very short time of each other.

9 bred by me and two from the AP so I'm pretty happy with my yellow undies. smile.gif

Anyone with THAT many yellow undines would be happy! laugh.gif

One on the 8th, two on the 9th.

Out of the three I have, two are green, one yellow. The yellow is from PB. I'm seeing a lot of yellows are ending up from PB. Weird.

I got three yellows and one green out of the four eggs I bred with my CB greens.

This one is a yellow forest x mountain offspring laid on the 9th and hatched today.

This one is a green forest x mountain offspring also laid on the 9th and hatched today.

The green hatched before the yellow did. Of the other two one is a mountain x mountain and the other is a forest x forest. The yellow forest x forest was laid a day before and hatched well before the others (it was from my first pair to mature). The others hatched a few hours after the green. I guess I'll just keep breeding until I get a fourth yellow.

Well I bred my 8 greens and they had 4 yellows. I've now bred those 4 yellows and I shall see what comes of that ... will breed the greens when they are off cd to see what they give

Bred my two new adults ^^ One no interested [blarg] and one egg! Here's hoping for a yellow! ^w^ And a kind user glomp gifted me a yellow male, so I'm extremely relieved! i don't mind waiting to get a female, I wanted at least one =D

I got 4 yellow undines:

1 crossed with a Golden

1 crossed with a Yellow

1 crossed with a orange

1 crossed with a Christmas

It's part guess work & part luck/intuition.

Good luck!

Edited by Shebainu

One on the 8th, two on the 9th.

Out of the three I have, two are green, one yellow. The yellow is from PB. I'm seeing a lot of yellows are ending up from PB. Weird.

Both of my PBs ended up green, so anyone wanting a PB that is green, I'd be more than happy to trade one for a yellow (any parter). laugh.gif

I keep getting green second generations...

I bred 2 of my Undines. I still do not have even one Yellow hopefully one of these will be Yellow and make me happy xd.png I just need 2 yellows to finish my goals... I want all the good luck most people are having.

Two more greens. =| Two more left to hatch but they're ones I actually want to be green.

Haha. Ha. Ha. So of course one of them went yellow. If only I could switch that with one of the other greens. rolleyes.gif

Bred my two new adults ^^ One no interested [blarg] and one egg! Here's hoping for a yellow! ^w^ And a kind user glomp gifted me a yellow male, so I'm extremely relieved! i don't mind waiting to get a female, I wanted at least one =D

You lucky duck! I was hoping someone kind would gift me a female yellow, since all I have are males! I'm guessing gifting days are over, since people seem to want CB metals for their yellows now. tongue.gif