Kirito

Supernatural OOC

Welp, I ended up making three more |D All three are connected to each other. I hope to have their backstories all written up by this weekend along with the backstories of my first three.

Again, if you want to plot with me/one of my characters, let me know in OOC or PM.

User- Narvix

Name- Beldurra

Age- Ageless

Personality- Beldurra is a formal being, addressing all with a level of respect. Xe is practically stoic in xir demeanor, rarely ever showing emotional turmoil unless attempting to gain someone’s support. They are almost always seen as calm or unfazed by their surroundings, partaking in civil conversation despite clear, darker, intentions.

Gender- Both

Race- Harbinger of Fear and Decay

Appearance- Decay form, Fear form

Job or school- N/A

Other- Shade of Fear (Seer of Decay)

User- Narvix

Name- Gerra

Age- Ageless

Personality- Gerra can be rather reckless. He’s hot headed at times and always savors a good battle. Tactics are on his mind three-quarters of the time while the last quarter is occupied by the desire for victory.

Gender- Male

Race- Harbinger of War

Appearance- Gerra

Job or school- N/A

Other- Hand of War, wielder of Bahram (Victory Over Resistance) and Bhima (Terrible, Formidable)

User- Narvix

Name- Argia

Age- Ageless

Personality- Very reserved. Argia hardly ever speaks, preferring actions over words. Upon first impressions, she doesn’t always seem attentive or knowledgeable but, in fact, she is very observant and knows far more than most credit her for.

Gender- Female

Race- Corrupted Harbinger of Light

Appearance- Argia

Job or school- N/A

Other- Whisper of Death, wielder of Atropos (Inevitable)

Edited by Narvix

Note that this is being made up as I go along so things may be changed but the basis is the same.

There were originally four Paragons of Light, two Seers of Balance, and four Harbingers of Darkness. The two Seers became the Twins, after their ascendance. In my backstory for them, they originally prayed to the twins and loved them, so they willingly gave their bodies as vassals to achieve true merging with Balance. They lost their wills, but gained the omnipotent power of the universal scales.

As such, when one of the Harbingers of Darkness actually died during a battle with the Paragons, they had to make balance be reattained. For future reference, the current names are:

Paragons:

Rilain Sei Albor, the Paladin of Virtue, Wielder of Diuinitus (Divinity). He was originally the guardian of the temple, and kept his job when he ascended. He swore to protect Akane. Remember this for later, as it is important to his character.

Miyamoto "Kami" Akane, the Maiden of Spirits, Wielder of Ryukinami (The Snow Dragon Blade). She was the priestess who found and began praying to the God/Goddess Lux (who later turned out to actually be a God of divine power, not just a being that used fonts.) Her love for guidance and wisdom carried on past her ascendance. She loved Rilain and had already both been wed to him and given herself to him before they became angels. As such, their bond is strong.

Vlad the Impaler, originally the Knight of Hearts, now the Count of Blood, Wielder of Atro (Dark Blood) which was originally known as Pure Blood. He was in love with Akane before their ascendance and tried desperately to push her away from Rilain. He had been a noble of sorts among the clanspeople and Rilain had originally been a poor, young man with a good heart. As such, Vlad was both spoiled and arrogant.

Ghanda, Shaman of Sky, Wielder of the Staff known as Wysheid (Wisdom). He was closer to balance than any of the four Paragons. He was originally the High Priest who led Akane to find Lux. As such, she looks up to him for guidance. He is a wise man with a passion for knowledge. He is known to make deals in return for books and scrolls. Also, should you desire it, the Twins would probably go to him often as he is a wise person who also observes the world and how it changes rather than goes to impact it. He probably helped them before they ascended as well.

The Harbingers I will create later. It's actually pretty hard to make them.

In any case, the Ascension occurred after Akane, desiring the power to change the world, begged of Lux to give them some way of actually taking control of their lives. Since Lux was leaving the world, he/she gave to them a blessing - powers to use as they saw fit.

Four of them became paragons of light, as seen above. Two of them, the Twins, became the balance and order. The other Four became the Harbingers. THey were fated to fight each other for all eternity and their battles would determine how the world went. In this way they changed the world but also kept the change to a minimum. They had been both blessed and cursed.

The Twins kept them in check. They made rules to ensure that - after Rilain killed one of the Harbingers during a conflict - no more of either side could actually "die". It was against the order. As such, the Twins irritated Rilain further by insisting that he could no longer kill any of the Harbingers. He had to allow them to live just as he did. They had as much right to exist as he did to exist.

He had to watch in agony as the Harbingers had children who fought against his own. Oh yes, Akane and Rilain had had one child at one point.

That child died in a battle against the Harbingers, having been tricked by a group of supernatural enemies of Rilain. That group had been stationed in Atlantis, one of Rilain's districts.

He sunk the whole island - mortal and non-mortal - in a fit of rage. Both the twins and Akane were furious with him. The Twins, however, pointed out that this only followed with balance. In order to kill the evil, he had destroyed the good. It may not have been on purpose, but he had done it all the same.

As such, Akane had sworn never to bear another child for Rilain until the world was peaceful for that child to exist in. As long as Rilain had enemies like he did, it would never be safe.

Worse, the children of the Harbingers were protected by the cruel-hearted, those who had no inhibitions about murder. They could live. Thrive. THey learned to kill. Rilain's fury only grew as the disgusting spawn of the Harbingers lived on without fear or care.

So he began to cull them. Despite the words of the Twins, he began to mercilessly kill the children of the Harbingers during a decade of culling. This became known as the Reign of Terror in France. His actions impacted an entire nation. The nobles of France, being of the blood of the Harbingers, were his target.

The Harbingers responded in kind.

(( More will be added. This is for future reference for Daniel's backstory as well as others. ))

Edited by Thaelasan

*bows down to the almighty powers of imagination and creativity*

How do you guys come up with all this amazing stuff? I've only had one decent idea and I can't even write it into a story properly xd.png

Comes out of the blue for me |D But I'm not always solid with backstories like Thael appears to be.

However, I started formulating my own bit of a story for my Harbingers that goes off of Thael's bit here. I can post it if people want to read it. I just don't know how important it could be to other people.

So... I'll put it up for people to read as they see fit. It's probably not as good as Thael's writing and bound to undergo tweaks/edits.

~~~

The four Harbingers, similar but opposite to the four Paragons, were of Fear, Decay, War, and Death.

Beldurra, the one of Fear, was originally a ghoul of the night. Before ascension, she used other people's fears against them to obtain what she desired, manipulated their thoughts for her needs. When she ascended into a Harbinger, she became the very entity that she cherished exploiting most. Now she could decide how the world turned, putting fears against fears and separating unions of any sort.

Gainbehera, the one of Decay, had been a doctor, an examiner of diseases. His fascination with illness spurred his cravings to learn more, to see how living things reacted to different things. He started small, using plants and rodents caught in basements. He infected them with diseases and viruses that made people bedridden. At first, it was all to help people, to create cures like all great doctors did. But his mind grew twisted, hungry for the sight of a withering body, a crumbling system that eventually failed. He became the very embodiment of decay when the ten beings ascended, controlling how lives flowed or ended by simply making them revolve around illness.

Gerra, the one of War. He led a life on the fields of battle, commanding with a firm but loyal hand. Honor bound, he served his country and his people as best he could. But people around him were of questionable intent and war became his downfall. Once ascended, he remained on the battlefield, partaking in a majority of fights and sometimes deciding the victor. If war had gone too long without being fought, he would entice the hand of aggression and start another.

Argia, the one of Death. She was a seductress, a hired blade for the Reaper. Killing was her way of life, a skill she learned so she could make a living. Poisonings, slaughterings, accidents. She knew them, how to execute them, how to recognize them. Ascension made her an undeniable force, a figure spoken of in nighttime stories for the good and misbehaved equally. Wherever one of the other three Harbingers were, she was sure to follow.

The Paragons and the Harbingers fought almost endlessly. Except Argia. She remained in the background, unbothered by useless fighting. Then Gainbehera was slain by Rilain's mighty blade. The Twins, to maintain Balance, shuffled the Harbinger's essence into Beldurra's body, invoking her with both Fear and Decay. But Balance did not remain long and Rilain's child was killed by allies of the Harbingers, followers who wanted darkness. Rilain was enraged, killing innocents to kill enemies.

Argia was impartial to the cascade of emotions, collecting the deaths as simple numbers. It was because of her impartiality that the Twins chose her as a means to right the Balance again when it grew uneven once more. They invoked light into her being but, they failed to completely purify her. Her actions, her life and memories before her ascension, kept her from being made pure. So she became another middleman, a being that held Death and Light in both hands. But the Twins needed to make sure the new Balance could be maintained. They altered parts of her memory, fashioning falsehoods about which sides she took in certain battles.

She became a corrupted source of light, retaining her impartial noble mind but acting upon true and false memories.

Edited by Narvix

Practice.

sucking at something is the first step of being kinda good at something.

Also, Narvix. My character Moander is the god of rot and decay. So there is two now?

Edited by padfoot

I didn't realize he was of rot and decay. I can change that if you desire or it could have been that Gainbehera was a vassal of Moander's?

EDIT: Having Gainbehera as a vassal of Moander would actually be a possibly thing to do. They're Harbingers after all, not Gods.

Argia would answer to the God of Death and the Afterlife or some form of him.

Beldurra would answer to whatever God/Goddess controlled fear.

Gerra would answer to a God of War.

Edited by Narvix

Yeah. Thats why he and Weyland are fighting over new york.

Moander wants to rule it as the city of decay.

But Weyland wants to rule it as the city of progress.

I went to new york recently and these were two themes that were prominent. I have been wanting to do something with that idea since I got back.

So yeah, that would work. IT never said that you couldn't keep the character, I was just warning you that he was the same as Moander

Edited by padfoot

Cool smile.gif

I'm sorry that I missed that part of your characters |D

EDIT: Weee, servitude! -shot-

This means that Beldurra is partially under Moander's beck and call since xe is, at the present time of the RP, both Fear and Decay. So, at times, xe will defy Moander for xir own purposes.

Edited by Narvix

Now I feel like I should be doing backstories. Especially for Tanner, since his past is kinda confusing. Yeah, I'll make one for Tanner. Here goes...

Tanner was raised by a purebred Nebula dragon who called himself Raph. Nebula dragons (I just realized it has the same name as a dragon on DC... they're different, though) have jet black scales with swirls of colors on them. Usually it is only one color, but occasionally there will be two colors. Anyways, Tanner was raised, if you want to call it that, by a dragon named Raph, who could change into a human at will. Raph was quite cruel and loved bringing blood, death, and destruction, which is partially why Tanner's dragon loves to wreak havoc. Raph told Tanner that all dragons enjoyed killing and destroying things for fun, which is why Tanner was hesitant to accept the fact that he was half dragon. Raph also told Tanner that he had no idea who his parents were, when the fact of the matter was that he was actually Tanner's father. When Tanner turned ten, he started to realize that what Raph was doing wasn't right. He decided the only way to end the evil dragon's reign of terror was to kill him, so Tanner did so by spearing Raph through the heart with his tail. Afted that, he flew towards the closest city he could find. Every few years he would have to move because someone would get suspicious of his identity. He eventually moved to New York City to go to college, even though he technically didn't need to. Which is how he found all the other supernaturals in the city.

So, yup. I really hope that cleared things up. I just figured I'd write that because Tanner's past was kinda confusing, even for me wink.gif

Nice work, Polar.

I've introduced Argia. I plan to get my Twins in the next post, Thael, for that conversation with Ghanda.

Also, does anyone want to have an encounter with Beldurra and/or Gerra? I want them to enter into Pad's little game of Gods.

Speaking of which... Pad? How does one go about entering that game?

For any gods (Or god like creatures) advertisements for the games will appear however you see fit (flyers on the street, carrier pidgin, psychic wavelength, whatever)

From there, just find the god you want to help.

For anyone else. Just let me know and I can figure something out.

Someone should write it in the sky in a way that only supernaturals can see ohmy.gif

EDIT: I'll be posting at around 2:30- 3:00 and from then onwards today. I'm going on a class retreat so I won't be back from Sunday morning until Monday night.

Anyone who is interacting with any of my characters feel free to move them somewhere if you want to do something else and I'll jump back in later smile.gif

Edited by makenziec123

Go for it smile.gif

Maybe since Melody is the Muse of Tragedy, someone could approach her and "commission" her to paint it in clouds, or stars or something?

Or anyone else could do it too, that's just my idea smile.gif

What did you or anyone else have in mind?

Edited by makenziec123

I'm going to have Beldurra cross paths with Melody on xir way to speak with Moander.

Edited by Narvix

Erm... The twins are going back to NY after talking to Ghanda, Tanner and Daniel are going towards some abandoned buildings, Leon and Roxy are in the sewers, Luna is at Rilain's, Akane and Argia are talking in Rilian's apartment, Aaron is in his apartment, and Skinner and Rilain are fighting the Wendigo. Phew. I think I got everything. Oh, and Alexander is currently causing misery on the streets of NY. Not sure what any of the other characters are doing (the other gods and such).

You got most of them, Polar smile.gif

Beldurra has started talking to Melody in Time's Square.

Pad's Gods, Moander and Weyland, have started a master game of "capture the flag" for anyone to join in.

Casani's on her way home.

I wouldn't say that Alexander is causing misery. More like forcing people to feel a false sense of disheartenment |D

Also, the Twins will return to Arlham. Did you want me to start the interaction over since it only got so far as an initiating post on my end?

Additionally, Thael and I have been creating plans that will - I hope - involve as many as possible.

Alright and yeah, that sounds good. I've gotta find a good way to get Rena back into the action. How many days has it been since Rena was last involved, RP wise not literal?

So... we'll just say Rena exhausted her powers and is currently in a fever ridden coma at Rilain's apartment building. Obviously Akane is better and Rena was just... tossed aside from that point.

Does anyone want to interact with Alex when he ventures out of his hideout?

If you want he can interact with Luna if she can find a way to get out of Rilain's apartment unnoticed smile.gif

Also, I know this doesn't have anything to do with the RPs, but I'm curious about everyone's banners.

What shows/comics/books are they from? I know RWBY and SAO, but other than that I just keep seeing these cool/funny things flashing on my screen and I can't figure out what they are xd.png

On my phone, so I can't see all of them right now, but aside from my RWBY one, I have a gif from Fate/Kaleid Linear and the other gif is Touka from Tokyo Ghoul.