Kirito

Supernatural OOC

By the way, I've been discussing it with my buddy, and it will be revealed later on...

Rilain's theme was

for a reason. Back during the age of mythology, he had originally sided with the Greek Gods, as it was his district to do so. When they had been allied with mortals and helped them to grow, he had condoned their actions. They were supernatural dieties who had used the fonts to enhance their powers. With them, and Rilain's legion, they had bested the titans.

However, as time had passed, and the Gods had grown lazy, avaricious, and promiscuous, Rilain had began pleading with them to take action, become as they once were. To throw aside their corrupted choices.

The gods refused. In an act of purification, Rilian - assisted by the other Paragons (namely Akane and Vlad) had smote each of the Greek/Roman dieties, purifying the world of their corrupted taint.

The action had shifted the balance. The Greek and Roman civilizations fell, Egypt was damaged by the fallback, and the civilizations around them watched as the great empires became nothing.

Only Vulcan/Hephaestus, god of the forge; Venus/Aphrodite, goddess of love (because she stayed faithful to Vulcan); Mercury/Hermes; and a few minor dieties were allowed to survive. Mars/Ares fought for the gods and died on the battlefield.

The losses on both fronts were equally heavy. One reason Rilain doesn't trust Yin-Yang is because they caused the balance. To him, they were the ones who caused the fall of the Roman/Greek empire, because his act of good had to balance with an act of darkness - the fall of a civilization.

It was shortly after this that Vlad's darkness began to grow within him. It is said that Hades tainted his heart during the battle.

Also, you are playing Yin-Yang amazingly well.

EDIT: Egyptian Gods and others were untouched. THey did not go to the extremes that the Greco-Roman gods did.

Edited by Thaelasan

^^ Thank you, Thael.

I love the backstory you and your friend created for your characters smile.gif Knowing this helps me to better understand Rilain's relationship with Yin-Yang.

Also, I won't post with the Wendigo until Pad's been able to post a response for Skinner.

Hey i said what about Egyptian gods, you were like oh yeah... Thael sleep.gif

Edited by HellFireSouLess

Was anyone interested in the Game of Gods thing I posted?

If not, it's cool. It was just something I wanted out of my head.

I thought it sounded cool, but I'm not sure if any of my characters could do it since Melody isn't really a major entity like yours and Narvix's.

The rules say that anyone can be on a team so anyone that wants to join can. Just pick a team

All the game is basically battle royal capture the flag.

It does sound awesome but Kirit and Meztli are not allowed to partake in the game. It would be interfering with events that revolve around balance |D

However, Casani can likely be recruited though she'd be sore about not being allowed to fly.

Speaking of Casani, Makensiez, did you want her and Melody to cross paths?

That's entirely up to you- I just thought that if Meztli and Kirit want balance, I should balance out my good character and my neutral character with one bad one.

I'll likely have Casani cross paths with Melody soon.

I'm debating on making a fourth character.

If I do, they're likely going to be a tad OP.

Here's my reasoning:

We have Tanner, Leon, Rilain, Akane, and Daniel who are very powerful beings when you get down to all the facts. Not to mention, most of those five are "key" players on the side of Good. Rena is possibly included but I don't know Zakku's intentions.

On the other side of that, we have Dracula as a major player for the side of Bad.

Now, other players divide as such:

Good includes the five above, Roxy, Rena, Casani, Skinner, Aaron, and Luna.

Bad includes the aforementioned, Vez, possibly Arlham, and Melody.

Middle ground belongs to Yin and Yang, and possibly Weyland and Merdon (?).

My Wendgio is something else entirely. It can be categorized as Bad but it is merely following the instincts of a hungry predator: to hunt and eat. This can be seen as Not Bad but it's certainly Not Good as well since its main diet is human flesh.

Given all of this, Bad is sorely outmatched in terms of basic skill. If we factor in abilities, I'm not too certain but I still believe that Bad is going to be outmatched because [the way I see it] Polar and HellFire want Tanner and Leon to be powerful and important creatures. That's fine but there does need to be a line drawn somewhere.

Of course, I don't have to make a fourth character; I could always use the Wendgio or Yin and Yang to add a bit of a boost to Bad. Except, the Wendigo is nothing but a common enemy for everyone as the Wendgio would also hunt Dracula and his allies if it ever got a scent of them.

But I can't make Yin and Yang outright Bad without majorly changing their purpose/character. Corruption could be a good reason but, you can't corrupt Balance. At least, not in my opinion. Balance is forever circling, keeping both sides of every coin united. Balance can shift but it eventually gets righted and thus my Entity. As it already stands, Kirit and Meztli already play a somewhat important role; at least for Rilain. Their main purpose is to remain on the sidelines, only adding in their hand of power if the Balance needs their aid in righting it.

So again, I am considering making a fourth character to be on Dracula's side but Dracula will be sore to realize that he won't be completely in charge then. This fourth character would have their own agenda but it would benefit both Bad figureheads to work together. And, because the dark side is presently outmatched in terms of skill and likely power, this fourth character will have to be slightly OP, alongside Dracula.

But I don't want it being Bad just for the sake of being Bad. It would need an actual purpose, a strong reason, for why it is doing what it is doing. I would want it to make other people think, to question their sense of right and wrong, to have doubts and self-directed questions.

Actually, Daniel is my neutral. He has one white wing and one black wing because he almost fell from God's grace, but then someone wiped his memory so he no longer remembers it. He'll get glimpses of memories later on, especially in combat, but for now he's neither good nor bad. It depends on how the RP plays out smile.gif

Maybe Kirit and Meztli should try their hand in shifting it to be more balanced out?

Edited by makenziec123

Ah well |D Since he's hanging out with the Good, I'm going to remain under the impression that it is the Good he is presently being influenced by.

EDIT: They could but, for now, they must stay to the side. It is only as a last resort where they directly interfere and influence things to attain balance.

Besides, not many players are going to want their character's designs changed by someone else, in thread or not.

Edited by Narvix

I'll make a bad character later on. It's an idea that's been bouncing around in my head for a while, so...

It could be very likely that the interference Meztli and Kirit create is by bringing in opposing enemies for the balance to fight itself out.

True... But I kind of like the idea of Kirit and Meztli, maybe not actually pushing Daniel one way or another, but unlocking his memories? It would force him to make his own decisions based on everything he's known and done in the last few thousand years he's been on earth.

Who knows? Maybe he and was Dracula's right hand man earlier in history or something. Or he could have been one of Melody's minions.

We've already established that he and Rilain have met before, maybe they're facing a war on opposite fronts? Daniel could have been created as the counter force for Rilain's good, so he fell in order to maintain order?

It's up for debate, I guess smile.gif

There is that. However, at the time when Yin and Yang were speaking with Rilain, I did not know what anyone wanted to do with their characters so I had the Entity reveal that Rilain and Dracula were always meant to oppose each other, to balance each other out while Akane acted as a sort of referee.

If you want Daniel to be on the Bad, we can figure something out for the future and possibly have Kirit and Meztli involved. But, as I said, I don't want them stepping too far out of character and interfering too often or too much unless it is absolutely the only option left.

So, lots of planning will be occurring. For now, though, no one needs to worry their silly little heads about it. I'll be working on my plans though, on what I would like to see transpire in the thread as I'm sure the rest of you have plans you want to see through as well.

I do plan on making that fourth character though.

If you need me/one of my characters, let me know. PM me or say something to me in the OOC thread. We'll work out some kind of subplot.

You'd think Daniel would have been the Yin-Yang Nephilem, the one chosen as the original vassal of the Twins during the war of the Nephilem. He had no will of his own - he was their angelic embodiment.

However, as time went on, he developed his own will and existence. He wanted to be free of them, make his own choices for his own mind.

The twins, considering their cherishing of humanity but their desire for balance, made him in the image of both good and evil. As such, they could not allow him to keep his memories of the past. So they made him be reborn, as his own entity.

He originally dual wielded lances, one of good and one of evil. One of them was coated in holy water, to fight off the undead and dark. The other was smothered in blood and cursed flesh, to kill the purity. As such, his pair of weapons, Praeradio and Obumbro (or something. Those mean solar and lunar eclipse, respectively) are powerful for deciding the sway of balance. But he doesn't know how much of an impact he could have. All he knows is that he has choices to make.

But will he side with darkness and empower Obumbro, the shadow of the moon? Or will he be enlightened, and empower Praeradio, the gleam of the sun?

The cross upon his neck symbolizes both sinful and uncorrupted hearts.

User- polaristar

Name- goes by Alexander or Alex. Ancient civilizations called him Deathbringer.

Age- looks about 19, real age unknown

personality- slightly insane

Gender- male

Race- god of pain/suffering

Appearance- Picture

Job or school - erm

Other - Alex is an empath. He has the ability to inflict negative emotions and feelings on others (pain, sadness, misery, etc). His constant companion is a red pygmy owl (Picture) named Blood.

A storm god or something would work so well with him...

Edited by polaristar

That's actually an awesome backstory if Makenziec wants it for Daniel :c

I want opinions. Would people prefer a being with a single form/appearance or do people like the idea of a being with two forms/appearances?

Honestly, I think it depends on the character. For example, Roxy has two forms, but Tanner is stuck in some half-dragon phase wink.gif

Oh my gosh O.O That sounds like an amazing backstory!!

This is why I love writing things with other people, I probably would never have come up with that on my own xd.png

I personally prefer playing as shape-shifting characters, but polar is right, it depends on the character. Luna is one of my favorites and I usually play her as a wolf or werewolf of some kind.

In a Teen Titans roleplay I gave her a personality and ability similar to Beast Boy's, but with a few quirks that made her different, ex. she used different kinds of animals and almost never the same animal twice, and she had a time limit as to how long she could be in any certain form.

Well, I'm leaning towards the two forms for the purpose of dynamics and other reasons.

Makenziec, if you go with that backstory for Daniel, it will certainly make him a "key item" in the eye of my coming character. Since Tanner, Leon, Rilain, Akane, and possibly Rena are key characters, I want to make other people key characters for later areas. Preferably, I want to focus on characters belonging to people who don't already have a role in a thick plot line.