Spottedleaf

What did you have for dinner

Soup! I usually don't drink soup at all but I like the one my mom makes.

this week has been soup week

Monday - split pea and ham

wed - roasted pepper and rice soup

thurs, asparagus soup

friday - squash and chedder soup with pan fried salmon and peas

I have been sick so soups are easy to make. On a very tight budget (splurged on salmon) I have bought reduced quick sale vegetables that are fine for soups. I have saved some soup for later in my freezer, also I have made stocks for later use as well. This week, I have made duck stock, veg stock and Currently working on a turkey stock. I add extra gelatin into my stocks just before I pour them into a plastic lined dish so I can solidify it to cube it before freezing.

sad thing is I am becoming lactose intollerant. I can eat cheese, I can eat yogurt (as bacterial cultures change the lactose significantly) but milk and sour cream are becoming difficult to consume without ill effects. I can have milk in coffee without too much issue, but glasses of milk, or a bowl of cereal will make me hurl. I hope my milk in coffee won't change.

beef shwarma in pita bread with torshi

shirazi salad

Oooh nom nom nom!!

I just got done making "almost midnight breakfast" for a bunch of teenagers, so my supper was eggs, bacon, toast and orange juice.

Some shrimp, it wasn't a lot though. I had to hide from some unpleasant cousins today. ´-`

Diced potatoes, rice, and fish soup. I hate fish so I only ate the tofu in the soup tongue.gif

With it being Thanksgiving, I did turkey for my mother tonight. Apricot and onion stuffing and asparagus.

With it being Thanksgiving, I did turkey for my mother tonight. Apricot and onion stuffing and asparagus.

I'm just curious...I thought Thanksgiving was an American thing...and that it's celebrated the last week of November?

Rice, ribs, and broccoli.

Edited by wtf

I'm just curious...I thought Thanksgiving was an American thing...and that it's celebrated the last week of November?

Canada has a Thanksgiving that is celebrated the 2nd Monday in October to celebrate the harvest and the blessings of the previous year.

Carnitas, frijoles, brown rice, salsa, tortillas