Sophiera

Guardian of Nature uneven numbers problem

I'm not sure how many people felt the same way... but I'm the kind of person who's a little OCD when it comes to gendering. I feel something is off for not having the equal ratio of males and females. Right now I have 1 Female GoN and 2 Male GoN.

I know this dragon is supposed to be rare, it's just right now...I feel like something isn't right. I'll be happy to have a 4th summon just to even things out.

If this is too silly, feel free to just say 'No' and close the topic tongue.gif

Edited by Sophiera

I certainly wouldn't mind having more. smile.gif But since even if TJ decided to do it it might not be implemented for a while have you considered releasing one and just having two for now and then summoning again if the limit is raised?

I know it's in common usage like this so this isn't directed specifically at you, that being picky/particular is not an OCD problem (e.g. see here).

I do understand about liking things to be even on one's scroll - I've never had a huge issue with it myself but when people talk about stuff like this, or when new releases pop up and people talk about having an odd number of egg slots for example, it doesn't strike me as all that silly. I've never thought it really necessitated game changes though.

Edited by diaveborn

Thanks but they're talking about removing all limits. I don't want to remove all limits. I just want an even number limit so I have the correct ratio of boys and girls.

Again, I'm not personally against changing it, but I think that one of the reasons things like this don't often get changed is because "correct" is such a relative concept in this game. A lot of players have specific quirks about their scroll - numbers they want to collect, certain pairings they'll make, etc. and it would be hard to accommodate all of them. I knew someone who used to play who only liked breeding the same breeds together, so the GoNs not breeding with each other would be what bothered her.

It may be that, because of how the ratios are set up for the GoNs/Avatars, we're limited to three because adding another one for everyone would increase the numbers of Avatars produced, so the only way to keep the ratios balanced would be to reduce breeding success. So it could be that TJ settled on allowing three because it preserved the rarity of the breed (whatever that ends up being) while creating the least amount of user frustration.

I don't think it's silly at all - quite the opposite.

I agree with you for the reasons you state. Not that I've summoned my third one yet in spite of the massive number of sets of Trios I have. However, I'm going to feel 'odd' when I do get it knowing that I'll have an unequal number of males and females.

It would be lovely if it was increased to four (actually I'd love to be able to have a set of frozen hatchlings as well - but that would be hoping for too much.)

You could refrain from summoning your 3rd until the limit gets upped to 4 (if it happens ever)? That is what I am doing.

I have a Thing about uneven numbers, too (my GoNs *twitch* my eggslots *twitch twitch* my CB Frills *twitch twitch twitch*), so yeah. Support!

Edited by Amazon_warrior

I think the limit was raised to 3/scroll for people who want to have one adult of each gender and one frozen hatchling - or for people who want one of each sprite. Adding more seems like pushing the limit - no pun intended.

(And, yes, I have a thing about even numbers, too.)

I think the limit was raised to 3/scroll for people who want to have one adult of each gender and one frozen hatchling - or for people who want one of each sprite. Adding more seems like pushing the limit - no pun intended.

I think it might have been because there's three different Avatars that can be bred from GoNs, now. You're probably right that we're onto a loser here, though. rolleyes.gif

Don't see any good reason to have a fourth GoN. No support here.

It's not silly, I feel the same way. I like things to be even so having a 7 egg limit and 3 GoN limit really bothers me. Upping the GoN limit to 4 (and changing the egg limits to 6 or 8) would be a welcome change IMO.

Edited by Allspice

It's not silly, I feel the same way. I like things to be even so having a 7 egg limit and 3 GoN limit really bothers me. Upping the GoN limit to 4 (and changing the egg limits to 6 or 8) would be a welcome change IMO.

Technically, you could have a 6-egg limit by never achieving a gold trophy. But.... *looks at scroll of 5000+ dragons and many group lineage projects* *sighs* ...probably not.

Technically, you could have a 6-egg limit by never achieving a gold trophy. But.... *looks at scroll of 5000+ dragons and many group lineage projects* *sighs* ...probably not.

Yeah, that's true...but you'd have to stop collecting to do that. sad.gif ::hugs my Nocturnes::

(I don't know who here actually has OCD, so if you do, I apologize, but I see it used a lot on here and I really wish people who didn't actually have it wouldn't use the term, trivializing the actual disorder. >_e )

It would be nice for gender purposes. I'll probably just let my third one gender as it will if I ever summon it.

That's what I did when I was lucky enough to Summon my third - just let it be what She wanted to be. But I see no reason to be given another GoN, and frankly felt that the third sort of trivialized their 'specialness'. Though I sure DID try to Summon as soon as I could.

My 3rd GoN was influenced male because I knew that if I only had one male, Luckiest Catch would go and refuse him.... :/

Yes - including the even numbers thing. (like AW - see under Frills... sad.gif)

But GOOD POINT about the three avatars thing.

I've NEVER had a problem with odd numbers - I rather think the threes and the fives and the sevens have a more aesthetically pleasing 'look' than the old 'pair 'em up two by twos'. I love my 3 GoNs and don't see any reason to badger anyone to let me have another. If the third one bothers people, they aren't being forced to have it on their Scroll.

I've NEVER had a problem with odd numbers - I rather think the threes and the fives and the sevens have a more aesthetically pleasing 'look' than the old 'pair 'em up two by twos'. I love my 3 GoNs and don't see any reason to badger anyone to let me have another. If the third one bothers people, they aren't being forced to have it on their Scroll.

I would say that I agree with the comment about the just not getting a thir done if the look of having an uneven number bothers you.

I know that this is probably what I will do. i have a female already and I am trying to summon another one SO... once I summon a male, that will be fine for me. Two GoN, and I don't think I need a third.

Being one of the lucky folk to have summoned a 3rd GoN, I have to say that I'd prefer to have one more as well to make a second pair. But I'm also for eliminating the limit completely, since I see no reason for the limit in the first place.

But what really irks me is a breeding quirk..

GoN x Ice = AofChange

GoN x Magma = AofDestruction

GoN x Thunder = AofDestruction

Why do the Trios only give 2 kinds of Avatars??? Ice/Change and Magma/Destruction make sense, but Thunder is a type of energy and screams Creation to me, NOT destruction.

Totally off topic I know, but THAT is my big 'thing' concerning the GoN and Avatars.

Nah, Magma should be Creation. Because our continents were originally made of magma. And still, there are countless volcanic islands which are nothing but magma gone cold. Some are even still in the process of being created.

user posted image

This island is no more than 84 years old.

Magma soil is very fertile, too. And, last but not least - when Earth came into existence, it started out as a globe of molten rock.

Edited by olympe

By that token, Thunders should also make AoCrs or AoChs and not AoDs, because lightning is actually very beneficial to soil, as it breaks up nitrogen bonds so grass and other plants can actually use it. :P

But in all seriousness, I think they're producing avatars based on the initial effect caused by those things. Magma destroys, lightning destroys and can set fire to where it strikes if it's too dry. Ice is a form of change.

I guess technically Thunders are thunder and not lightning but they have lightning powahs and thunder is just the sound of lightning cracking.

I'm not that sure about ice and change, either.

Some say the world will end in fire,

Some say in ice.

From what I've tasted of desire

I hold with those who favor fire.

But if it had to perish twice,

I think I know enough of hate

To say that for destruction ice

Is also great

And would suffice.

The end result of the discussion: I guess it just doesn't work to assign avatars willy-nilly. Besides, didn't TJ say that each dragon is aligned with one element, sometimes two elements (primary and secondary), and that 4 elements are always aligned with either Avatar? (Plus there was one neutral element IRRC.)