TJ09

2014-08-02 - August Release

Back when releases were more random, did TJ announce them when they were happening? I wasn't here then, so I have no clue.

Except for when they appeared the moment of release(or were a holiday), no he did not.

Random drops or consistent ones... it will be the same to me since I never kept track of new releases. sleep.gif Random seems fun, I don't mind. Shake it up a little, woo!

Caught six eggs at the :15 drop just now, and number seven at the :20 drop.

Back when releases were more random, did TJ announce them when they were happening? I wasn't here then, so I have no clue.

Yeah, there was still a news post about it. Sometimes I noticed that, sometimes I'd check the cave first and see a new description.

What I *am* wondering about is whether, with random releases, the new time of 1pm EST will be kept or whether it'll go back to being at midnight EST. (Though the midnight releases never bothered me that much. Sure I was never around for them - that's 5am for me in the UK - but there were usually still plenty of eggs to grab when I got up in the morning.)

No more consistent releases? Well that sounds like it's going to make everything hell. Surprises are not fun. Uncertainty is not fun. Releasing a ton of eggs because suddenly there are new eggs, having to reload this forum fourteen times a day, none of this is fun. It's nothing but tedious and boring and stressful. This is a despicable move that eliminates one of the best decisions in this site's history. This is horrible. I'm tempted to just quit this crap instead of having to make my life revolve around it just so I don't get screwed over by rare eggs.

I know this sounds like i`m a total censorkip.gif*, but does the real life tell you in advance what will happen the next day, well some things are announced, but 90% of things happen random along the way, and even if ppl are annoyed at that, this is how life works and most of us are fine by it.

Oooh.. more randomized releases, but still at least once a month, and generally on the weekends? Thats interesting. I actually like the sound of that. Then again, I generally don't get into the "OMG must have on the first day" mindset. I already have a tendency to wait until there are adults, unless the newest breeds are blocking.

I generally check the forums every morning when I first wake up (during my ten minutes of "do not talk to me, do not look at me.. dont even think about me" -ness). If a release happened overnight, its still early enough to be able to catch them within the first 30 minutes im awake. There has never been a release that i wasnt able to get the eggs as soon as I felt like it, even if it was a few days before I got around to it.

WOW… just woke up and saw the cave~ *_*

Filled mine and now I'm full~ wub.gif

Thanks BOSS TJ/staff/artists~ smile.gif

*CHUUUUUUUUUU*

Oooh.. more randomized releases, but still at least once a month, and generally on the weekends? Thats interesting. I actually like the sound of that. Then again, I generally don't get into the "OMG must have on the first day" mindset. I already have a tendency to wait until there are adults, unless the newest breeds are blocking.

It doesn't specify once a month, and that is what is concerning to me. I wouldn't care at all if it was random IF there are the same number of releases. I am very worried though that it will go back completely to the old system, which I found more dull than regular releases.

Edited by Nectaris

There was an announcement when he released them, but didn't give advanced notice.

Hello TJ's first egg, would you please hatch?

I'll poke you with a wet feather.

Random releases are fine by me. I took a break and just came back, so I haven't even gotten used to the consistency. tongue.gif The new eggs are so pretty~

Hello TJ's first egg, would you please hatch?

I'll poke you with a wet feather.

Nah, use a spoon. Eggs have a mortal fear of spoons! xd.png *brandishes a spoon in a threatening manner*

Is hard xd.png I have only two v_v

Btw, so... we need to check the site every single day to see if we have new releases? This sounds a little complicated o.o

It doesn't specify once a month, and that is what is concerning to me. I wouldn't care at all if it was random IF there are the same number of releases. I am very worried though that it will go back completely to the old system, which I found more dull than regular releases.

"Future releases will (very likely) still be on weekends, but may be scattered throughout the month."

That still sounds like monthly, just not at the beginning of the month. And scattered could quite possibly (but unlikely) mean "more than once a month".

I really dont think its anything to be worried about.

2 down, 5 to go until I am locked. I think I'll move to the Alpine for the top of the hour drop, something makes me think the hatchlings will be Biome restricted if they all have different forms.

Omg. I can not wait to see them! I loooove this color egg. I hope they are like the Nebula dragons, with their gorgeous variety of colors. Thanks T.J, and of course of awesome spriters! biggrin.gif

Hope I don't catch 8 eggs and have to end up abandoning 6 because there was only one dragon variety (plus one kept to freeze) lol

I am a bit sad about the non regular releases. I check the forum generally once a week but often the drop is done and dusted before I get there and I have to do it the hard way; I work a lot of hours and have trouble catching up

Is hard xd.png I have only two v_v

Btw, so... we need to check the site every single day to see if we have new releases? This sounds a little complicated o.o

Oh man, I hope it's not like that. I'd hate to have to check every single day to see if I can find the releases. I hope there is at least a notice a day or two in advance. Or, perhaps it can be a consistent frame, like every other weekend. That'd be fine.

I completely forgot about this month's release! Blast.

The biomes are, of course, empty when I finally get on, and then I got so excited when I saw something in the Jungle that I didn't read the description and misclicked a Sunsong. sleep.gif

And now a Glaucus. What's up with me today?

Edit: Oh, and thank you to the artists and TJ for the new eggies!

Edited by Unearthly

Ooh the egg has hatched! The hatchling looks adorable and I can't wait to see it when it grows up. Such a pretty green~ <3

It doesn't specify once a month, and that is what is concerning to me.  I wouldn't care at all if it was random IF there are the same number of releases.  I am very worried though that it will go back completely to the old system, which I found more dull than regular releases.

I kinda thought that too at first, but dismissed it...after reading his post again, I think that's a fair concern. It's just not clear. I'm going to be pessimistic and assume it's going back to 'there will be a release...whenever'. If it does end up staying once a month I'll be pleasantly surprised.

Adorable hatchling. It stayed bright green, such a great color. It looks a little familiar...

Edited by Allspice

The hatchling seems familiar, the thing I'm thinking of is a hybrid though, but the colors match it perfectly..

Nope; Turns out I was wrong! The dragon I was thinking of was the Sugarpony Dragon, which is still on the completed list.

Edited by Speedicus