TJ09

2014-08-02 - August Release

Yay for new eggs! biggrin.gif With... several alt versions? Anyway, yay!

(But OHNOEZ for the end of carefree scroll-locking fun times between releases.)

Got 3 so far these do appear bit tougher but hopefully everyone gets fill soon smile.gif

8 eggs?? I'm going to have to get 6 and hope they're all different, haha!

Have not even seen a single egg, whats up with that?

Nice! (except I can't find any of them right now)

Too bad for the beginning of the month releases sad.gif - I didn't think it was beginning to get stale. In fact, I liked that very much. It was handy because I'm not online a lot, and that way I could keep track of all the new dragons and how many releases I miss and whatnot. I'm sad this feature is being done away with again. Oh well.

8 eggs, does that mean there are alts to be found in both biomes? laugh.gif

Edited by Shapa

he didn't say "more" releases, he's saying we will no longer be able to know when they are in advance, therefore we will have to keep our scrolls clear every weekend, only to be disappointed when there isn't one, and possibly unable to get eggs if there is one.

It wasn't stale to me, this was only about the second time it went exactly the same way as the previous one, isn't it? With all the time/day changes?

See I never like this oh every first week of every month there is a new dragon... made things boring and stale. Back when I started playing DC there were no "scheualed" drops except holidays... drops could happen any day of the week, and at random times of the day.

It was A LOT more fun, because you didn't know when they would be so it was more exciting, and if you missed it well that gave you something to do rather than getting all the dragons you want the first day they came out and then have nothing to work on collecting except rare ones.

I for one love the fact we are going to have random drops again. And the way he said "Scattered" in the month implies that we may get months where we get more than one new release, rather than only one weekend each month getting something new.

*comes in late from riding horses*

Oh gosh, 8 eggs that all look the same? Interesting. Hmm, I do wish he'd stick to the first-weekend-of-the-month schedule. I really prefer knowing when to be unlocked and I am not a fan of surprises. I had a good rhythm going with the schedule. x3

Thanks for the release!

Thanks for the gorgous new eggs biggrin.gif

Sad about the regular start-of-the-month releases ending though. It was so handy, knowing they would be out at 6pm. I don't understand why you think it's stale. sad.gif

you saw eggs? I didn't even see any eggs at the top of the hour... was there a 5 min drop? because I have not seen any eggs in the cave at all since the announcement went up.

They're were definitely eggs at the 1:00 p.m. drop. I picked up seven because I was waiting on Forest (good luck that) rather than looking at the announcement and then going to the Cave. But the 5 minute drops are murder. Too many people and gone - zip like that. Better to wait for the hour drop when, at least, most people have a fighting chance.

Hmm, I do wish he'd stick to the first-weekend-of-the-month schedule. I really prefer knowing when to be unlocked and I am not a fan of surprises. I had a good rhythm going with the schedule. x3

Seconded.

Which biome? All of them? Asking because I haven't seen a single egg yet blink.gif

The only reason I can think of for having 8 eggs is that there are alts to this dragon. Perhaps an alpine and forest variety? With both hatchling and adult dimorphysm.

See I never like this oh every first week of every month there is a new dragon... made things boring and stale. Back when I started playing DC there were no "scheualed" drops except holidays... drops could happen any day of the week, and at random times of the day.

It was A LOT more fun, because you didn't know when they would be so it was more exciting, and if you missed it well that gave you something to do rather than getting all the dragons you want the first day they came out and then have nothing to work on collecting except rare ones.

I for one love the fact we are going to have random drops again. And the way he said "Scattered" in the month implies that we may get months where we get more than one new release, rather than only one weekend each month getting something new.

I kinda doubt that he is planning more than one release a month. I think the scattering just means that we never know what day we'll get things.

I really didn't care for the way it worked in the old days, but at least the release was generally midnight on Saturday so you could still make loose plans. Now that it's possible to get a release any day of the week, I won't be doing anything else. No breeding or lineage work any more, because I'll feel the need to keep my scroll open 24/7 just in case. Definitely puts a cramp in the way that I play, because my style requires an egg caught on the first day of the release. *shrugs* Can't please everyone.

Happy that a release is happening. Unhappy because my mouse doesn't work and I have no chance at hunting at the moment.

I managed to get one! Thanks for the new eggs, all!! I, too, am not in favor of going back to Ninja Drops.

Grabbed 2 more on the last 5 minute drop so I now have my seven - 4 mountain and 3 forest.

Just caught my first one in the :20 drop. Darn, those are gone fast. No five-minute-drop lasted for more than a minute, and the hour drop was gone after 2... blink.gif

About the release times... I loved the fact that they were announced beforehand, so I could plan for them. The only thing getting a bit stale for me is the two-and-more new dragons every month thing. I love getting new dragons, but getting so many so often kind of takes the magic out of it. So I should be happy with this one - technically it is only one new dragon this time ! wink.gif (That stubbornly refuses to get caught by me, no luck in the last drop again.)

Now that it's possible to get a release any day of the week, I won't be doing anything else. No breeding or lineage work any more, because I'll feel the need to keep my scroll open 24/7 just in case.

My thoughts exactly...

Well I have my set and now im off to work.. not thrilled about ending the scheduled drops, it helped me not miss any drops while im working all the time.. sad.gif Will they at least still happen on saturdays at 1pm or midnight again so we can have Something to rely on..

Thank You TJ and Spriters, im excited to see these beauties grow up!

I kinda doubt that he is planning more than one release a month. I think the scattering just means that we never know what day we'll get things.

I really didn't care for the way it worked in the old days, but at least the release was generally midnight on Saturday so you could still make loose plans. Now that it's possible to get a release any day of the week, I won't be doing anything else. No breeding or lineage work any more, because I'll feel the need to keep my scroll open 24/7 just in case. Definitely puts a cramp in the way that I play, because my style requires an egg caught on the first day of the release. *shrugs* Can't please everyone.

You never know. He could do one breed say week one of a month, then a 2nd breed the third week rather than having two breeds on the first weekend. We don't know what TJ will do until he dose release something, and every month may be different.

and you are right, you can't please every one. I know myself and a lot of others missed the old, random drops... also hate this middle of the afternoon nonsense becuase it adds so much extra lag.

The problem for me is when the minute comes for the drop, it lags and then they're all gone... tongue.gif

And since it's past 1 am, I'm sleepy. owo

Edited by Pixel.G

Im still trying to get one..

Edit: Got them after an hour and a half of trying!

Can't wait to see whats the meaning of 8 eggs huh.gif Theys so nice, i liked them all! credits for the spriters and thanks TJ.

Edited by xXKissxMyxDreamxX

Gah, these buggers are stupidly hard to catch. I was only able to click on one and miss before they got snatched up.

I never have this much trouble catching a new release.