Chicogal

Hetalia - ROC, OOC

Sweet, and that's fine, Chico, I can do that. A lot of the communities have their capital cities bearing the same name as the community, so for the most part there really wouldn't be much difference. Anyway, I'll make two now and maybe some more later, mostly because I have to actually plot the rest since it's been awhile...

Now the challenge rises: how to describe my newest creations without making a giant chaotic paragraph of doom.

Rats! I was going to reserve Australia! xd.png Oh well...I'll probably reserve Scotland if that's okay

If we're doing cities, id like to have Thessaloniki, Athens, and Sparta if that's okay

Edited by The Opium Lady

Oh man... Hong Kong has no cities... I'll probably make Seoul, but I don't know what to do with Canada...

Dang it, I was about to ask for Scotland! *weeps* I really, really wanted to have a country who does magic... Romania is open, right?

Oh man, we've got to have a Dracula Romania. That's got to be a thing.

Also, a thing about Scotland, Wales and North Ireland; it was originally decided that England would manage the affairs for all four of them since there's few British stereotypes because of the variety of people who form the UK. So technically, England is England but to other countries, she's acting for the whole of the UK (Due to the common misconception that England is Great Britain is the United Kingdom). That's why they don't actually show up on the original list. So...yeah. I'm not sure how that would work if people want to claim individual parts of the UK when I'm technically playing the whole of it. I mean, I'm all for the family dynamic and it could be great for interactions and such but I'd like to hear suggestions since England is acting as all four of them.

Actually, instead of Thessaloniki, I might just retool that Character into Macedon, the Greek state

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Macedonia_(Greece)

Descriptions of States and Cities:

Macedonia: Macedonia is in a sense, the forgotten daughter. Macedonia is actually the Eldest Daughter of Hellas (aka, Ancient Greece). She was in line to inheret the title of Greece, and even went out and made an empire for her mother, only to lose it all when Rome attacked. After that, her Half Sister, Byzantium, Took the name of Greece and Rome, living on with both legacies. Some say that it was Macedonia who betrayed Byzantium and let Turkey murder her, hoping that it would let her accend to country status. Instead, Macedonia and her "niece" Ellada, were taken prisoner by Turkey. When the Rebellions happened, Macedonia finally hoped that she would get her goal, instead, Ellada became the current Greece. However, Macedonia became even more infuriated when she learned that Ellada was actually a man, for she said that only women have the right to become Greece. Macedonia is bitter about this turn of events, and she remains bitter to this day, seeing as her status has diminished even more than before, with her territories begining to become more self governing. As such, Macedonia is known by all countries as cunning and untrustworthy. She also has taken the most foreign influence of all Greek states and cities, having elements of Greek, Bulgarian, Albanian and Turkish culture in her mannerisms.

Athens: Athens is said to be both the most intelligent, influential city of all time, but also the biggest creep with the darkest past. Athens is cited by many countries as an influence on the way they work, whether directly or indirectly, even Rome himself was said to admire the old city. Athens was a fan and patron of the sciences and the arts, preferring science and logic over tradition. However, Athens was also prone to dark behavior, such as killing his own citizens when they got too out of line, and provoking oppression and mistreatment of Foreigners, Women, and so called Barbarians. According to Sparta, Athens also has an unhealthy fascination with boys and young men. Athens has admitted to admiring their aesthetics, but vehemently denies anything beyond that.

Sparta:Sparta is the old warrior of the Greek legacy. Sparta was a military power with no equal back in the prime of his day, but now he is just a retired old man watching as the younger nations grow in power. He likes to Joke about getting back into the fight but knows at his old age and limited power, even Greece himself could just destroy him in one hit. He often serves as a stoic old sage to Greece, kind of like a father figure that he never had. Sparta actually was almost killed by Macedonia, and later Turkey during the Ottoman period, and only survived due to intervention by Prussia when helping Greece get his Independence. Due to this, Sparta is very kind and warm to Prussia, and one of the few who still consider him a legitimate country.

Edited by The Opium Lady

Romania is certainly welcome.

Pudding and Raptor - It's really up to you two what happens with that.

Accepted, Opium! We're not going to start role playing them yet, though.

The first Arc I would like to start with is the Stranded!Arc. This will entail the countries being stranded on an island in pairs. Is everyone up to that?

sounds good to me

Edited by The Opium Lady

That sounds cool, question do we need to have a city?

EDIT: And soiled Australia did greet South Korea, he even offered a whole esky of various alcohols as a party gift sad.gif

Edited by Marcus Pheonix

Cities are completely optional. smile.gif

You guys must say who you would like your charries to be paired up with. The ones who don't mind will be put into a random matcher. tongue.gif

France - pudding, how about England?

Denmark - I really don't mind, so she will go in the matcher.

Maybe Canada or Russia? I don't really mind though.

Let everyone know Aus is really good at surviving wink.gif

Also I have several questions chico.

1: When do their actual names come into play?

2: Do they know that they are countries and are effected by the situations in their landmass?

3: Is it fine for Australia to be very bi-lingual? I'm mainly thinking this because its a country with A LOT of different cultures.

Hmm maybe the oldest country could go with Aus as he's the youngest biggrin.gif

England and France will be great together.

Iceland will have some experience in the wild but his wilderness is different than most others do to the terrain and such so he'll probably be at a loss with many things. But he's open or can go in the matcher.

I feel like Prussia and Russia could cause some chaos but if nobody wants that, he can go in the matcher.

1: The names are mostly just for interactions with non-countries, that is my understanding of it.

2: Yes and yes. For example, Iceland currently has an active volcano that's probably going to erupt soon. When it does, he'll get ill and cough of soot and smoke and such. The lava will result in a bad fever, that kind of thing.

3: It would depend on what language and how prominent it is in the culture. Australia's language is English so I'm not sure how that would work with someone like Prussia who's language is German (And secondary is English) or Iceland (Who knows English as secondary and some parts of Danish but is by no means fluent.) As it is, Australia only has 18% of its population speaking another language fluently so it doesn't seem like he should know any others aside from English. That is too small of a minority and the languages are spread out.

Edited by pudding

Waitaminute

Australia can survive in hotter flatter environments... Iceland can survive in Cold Mountainous environments.... my god they could form the ultimate team! Pudding we must get them to be besties biggrin.gif

1. Okay

2. Okay

3. I guess, I don't think he'd be fluent in Scandinavian or African languages, but he'd be fairly fluent in most Asian languages as well as French, German and Spanish.

Im stating this from personal experience, I get on a train nearly every day and every time I do someone will be speaking another language to their friends... and I don't even live in the most multicultural city...

The problem is that

"Although Australia has no official language, it is largely monolingual with English being the de facto national language.

According to the 2011 census, 76.8% of people spoke only English at home. Other languages spoken at home included Mandarin 1.6%, Italian 1.4%, Arabic 1.3%, Cantonese 1.2% and Greek 1.2%."

-Languages of Australia

So really, it would only be accurate to have him speak English. Having him speak so many languages isn't accurate of how Australia is. Remember, we are going off of stereotypes so a 1.4% minority isn't going to influence very much. Otherwise, America would speak every language under the sun, or close to that. We'll see Chico's opinion but mine is that he should only know English.

Also, if you are using languages other than English, you should translate them into said language. It helps with confusion about who can understand what since someone might miss "he said in Russian" or "she replied in French" during a reading and think their country can understand what is being said. It's not required but it is nicer.

I guess, but he'd be able to speak chinese and French at the least (Trading/Partly founded by)

And Its a stereotype that Australia is made up of every nationality under the sun tongue.gif At least as far as I know, maybe he should just be an expert in poisons???

Damn you stats! I live in the country and it seems like everyone's speaking something else.

Ooh, yes, I remember several canon times when the countries had to be on a island, not for long mind you, but it still happened. If you want someone pairing up with Russia, Marcus Pheonix, then I'd be glad to comply, otherwise I think Prussia and Russia is an excellent idea. The two have a very rich history with each other and considering how Prussia acts around Russia, it would be just charming to see how he tries to cooperate with her and vice versa.

Oh, and a little tidbit about the name thing. From what I remember, please correct me if I'm wrong since I might be, countries that are close to each other may occasionally call each other by their real names or they may do it in a dire situation. I am by no means a hundred percent clear about that so please correct me if I'm wrong. If it helps, we could all make rules about the names and make it so that they are a bit more important to the story. Just a thought happy.gif

If you're so intent on having Russia pair with Prussia I will not interfere.

Ill change Aus's preference to Canada and Iceland

Oh, I'm not saying Russia has to par with Prussia, I'm just saying I will be willing to have Russia pair up with Prussia or Australia. Either one is fine by me.

I just wanted Prussia with Russia because there would be rich history there that we could use and abuse. That's also why England and France are being paired up. It makes things more interesting when countries despise each other horribly or have some kind of a past.

I'mgoingto refrain from commenting on language until Chico comes back.

I'm afraid that pudding is right about the languages, MP. I wouldn't mind him speaking a bit of French and Mandarin due to the old trade routes, but by no means fluent.

Denmark in the old RP married Czech and had a brief relationship with Germany (the RP died soon after). When she got married, she took on his last name. They're not really used often, but they're good to have on hand.

On the front page of the IC, I have edited in a list of countries still to be paired. Unfortunately, there are odd numbers at the moment, so we'll just have to see who is left over after preferences are met. It would be a good idea to have a look at who is free for your character, as it would give you a better idea of who to chose. smile.gif

Also - wow! 19 countries taken up by us? I'm so proud of everyone. biggrin.gif This is awesome!

(Everything is awesome... Everything is cool when you're part of a team... *hums*))

Username: shadow_claw

Country Name: Germany

Human Name: Axel Schwarts

Birthday: Febuary 2, 962 (As HRE)

Appearance: Axel is a tall, muscular young man with a chiseled jawline and long face. He is pale, with blond hair and crystal blue eyes. His hair is neatly groomed and spiked, as is his clothing (especially his shoes). His usual attire is either: 1) an olive green, highly-decorated military uniform, or 2) A pair of dark jeans and a tee shirt. He wears other things, of course, but this is often his usuals.

Personality: Although usually quiet and calculating, Axel is an excitable person and can be rather passionate. Be it washing the dishes or leading an army, he always gives it 120%. Axel usually comes off as rather harsh and cruel, with snappy outbursts of conversation. He is shy around women, as his only real appearance he knows how to keep up is a tough, militaristic one. Though, Axel is, apparently, quite the party animal, and is one to be wary of after downing a few drinks.

Weaknesses: His brother Prussia, women, being hospitable, taking care of children, dieting, and he's a massive neat freak

Strengths: Experienced soldier, and is highly organized

Likes: Prussia, Denmark, North Italy, Japan, food, beer, parties, cleaning, march music, sports, Austria, Lichtenstein, dogs

Dislikes: Russia, America, England, France, China, filth, wasted time, disorginization, also Prussia, Spain,

Other: "Pay attention!"

((will post America later. Sorta busy))

Oh man, we've got to have a Dracula Romania. That's got to be a thing.

Also, a thing about Scotland, Wales and North Ireland; it was originally decided that England would manage the affairs for all four of them since there's few British stereotypes because of the variety of people who form the UK. So technically, England is England but to other countries, she's acting for the whole of the UK (Due to the common misconception that England is Great Britain is the United Kingdom). That's why they don't actually show up on the original list. So...yeah. I'm not sure how that would work if people want to claim individual parts of the UK when I'm technically playing the whole of it. I mean, I'm all for the family dynamic and it could be great for interactions and such but I'd like to hear suggestions since England is acting as all four of them.

I'm still new to the whole Hetalia series sooo....I am really unsure about playing Scotland now since Britian seems to be representing them. Er..is it okay if I reserve Poland then?

Accepted, shadow! biggrin.gif

That's fine, Raptor. smile.gif

Edited by Chicogal