SoiledLove

Warriors Cats: Of Cats and Dragons

Rainpaw could hear her clanmates calling her name, but couldn't manage a response. Finally, whatever had a hold over her seemed to release its grip. "W-what?" The she-cat turned to Halostar, then to Foxfur. "Oh... I, uh, saw something. That's all." Should she tell them what she saw? Her family was supposedly 'normal'. For her to suddenly have powers, they would start asking questions.

Ravenclaw flicked her tail and stretched again. It began growing misty. Great.

((Start posting, shadow, you've been accepted! And, yes, they can be related

Hawkpaw can be mentored by Halostar, just imagine that he's on the patrol with Halostar and the others))

"Are you alright? Or do you want to go back? It doesn't matter if you do, your health comes first, after all" Halostar suggested to Rainpaw, looking at her with concern.

Blazepaw jumped around excitedly and nearly jumped right into her mentor. "Aren't we going to do something? Let's go hunting! I want to hunt! Can we hunt?"

(Whee, time to try him out~)

Smokefern let out a yawn, sitting up on his haunches as he awoke. The black and silver tom rubbed his nose gently with a paw before looking around. He rose from his nest, stretching his strong legs, before padding to the center of Camp, considering a patrol.

Although he had been bounding ahead, Hawkpaw slowed to a stop when voices of his leader and the other cats grew further away. That was odd...why did they stop? The apprentice turned his head and kneaded at the ground impatiently. Finally deciding to give into his better judgement, he padded back towards the group. There something wrong? Like usual, he nosed his way into any sort of conversation. After all, he was part of the group too! Hawkpaw stared on with interest as he listened to everyone speak. A small squeak of a chuckle escaped his nose. What's the matter, did you see a fox or something? Just to be sure, Hawkpaw opened his mouth to scent the air. It didn't smell like fox. Maybe Rainpaw was just nervous about the naming ceremony. How lucky! Soon enough, it'd be he and Blazepaw's turns to be named! That would sure be exciting...

The calm and quiet brother of Foxfur always seemed to have an aura of...something about him. It was probably the fact that his mouth was visible through the translucent part of his face. Kits and apprentices alike were usually taken aback by the tom, but soon realized that he wasn't much different than the others. It was merely the way he looked. Most cats still stared, but he was used to it. After all, not many cats were born without a leg and half a face. StarClan itself had gifted him with a replacement. He was lucky. Otherwise, the tabby would have been forced to take residence with the elders. Tail flicking lazily as he soaked up the warmth of the sun, Halfwhisper was content with his morning activities. As nice as it was, he would soon be needed for something or other. The excited voice of an apprentice made him stretch and yawn. The idea of hunting, although not proposed to him, sounded nice. Perhaps he would ask to join. As he stood and began to walk, another cat caught his attention. Good morning, Smokefern. I am considering going out for a hunt. Care to join me?

((Actually, I think I might make another cat and a dragon...

Name: Dawnstorm

Sex: She-cat

Looks: Dawnstorm

Personality: Dawnstorm is an impatient, yet light-hearted cat. She is quick to make choices and relies heavily on her common sense. It is yet to prove her wrong, so she uses this method of choice often.

History: Born and raised in the clan.

Power: Empathy. She can feel the emotions of others, and therefore conclude upon what a cat's thoughts are.

Other: mother to Goldkit and Reflectkit

Name: Soreth

Sex: Male

Species: Wyvern

Looks: Link

Personality: Soreth is a rather flighty character, who prefers to stay out of the way of anything and everything. He doesn't much like violence, and would rather find a peaceful way out of an argument.

History: Although recently hatched, Soreth is far from home. He was originally taken from his nest to be a meal for another dragon, but escaped and landed in a forest. He has lived there, foraging and trying to figure out how to survive.

Talents: Expert acrobat and aerialist

Other: is about the size of a child ))

Smokefern licked a paw and drew it over his ear, jumping in surprise has he heard the voice of Halfwhisper. Turning to the other warrior, he dipped his head. Hello, Halfwhisper, it's a nice day, isn't it? I'd enjoy going for a hunt, any suggestions on where we go? Rumbled the black smoke warrior, his green eyes blazing in the sunlight. The warrior was itching for a nice mouse or some sort of prey, he liked impressing his Clan with his great skills, though he was better in battling than hunting. Though he is an...Odd cat, I can't ignore him, perhaps Halfwhisper is a talented Warrior, with very good skills I haven't yet seen. Smokefern told himself, rising to his paws.

((At Shadow in the below post: Sorry, I fixed it. xd.png))

Edited by 20mia08

((Accepted, I suppose, if serce agrees))

"We aren't sure what happened..." Halostar narrowed his eyes and looked around. "But something spooked Rainpaw. There's nothing around here though..."

"No, no, I am alright." The apprentice gazed nervously around at the cats. "Let's just keep going." Her fur began to flatten, however, her eyes still held an icy look of fear.

Smokefern patiently waited for Halfwhisper to reply, sitting back down and wrapping his tail around his paws. The tom was eager to begin, but didn't show, not wanting to rush the tom. I think I'll try for some type of bird...A robin, to be more specific. Smokefern though, now making himself a bit hungry as he thought about the juicy, warm prey.

Edited by 20mia08

((I don't know... I really just do it so people know they can start posting. You can do it, too, if you want. I don't care))

Halostar nodded. "If you are sure," he said, preparing to take off again. However, he visibly slumped when Foxfur spoke. No race? Aw... Couldn't a leader get any fun around here. He hated acting all serious and grave all the time. A race would be great! But, then again, Rainpaw might go all creeped out again if the speed was the problem. He turned his head, hearing Sunstrike.

"Ah, Sunstrike, it seems we've had a bit of a hold up. Rainpaw seemed a tad unwell, but, hopefully, it was nothing," he replied, hoping that Sunstrike might take the hint and check up on Rainpaw. He cared for all his clanmates, he was their leader, after all.

((Swiftcloud's been accepted, just not added. wink.gif ))

Swiftcloud lay on her side in the Warrior's Den in silence, her right paw stretched out and covered in thorns. She had been chasing a squirrel in a tree, and chased it down, but ended up landing incorrectly with one paw getting stuck in a thorn bush near the base of the tree. I suppose I deserve this, it was a foolish attempt to catch that squirrel....I knew there were quite a bit of thorns around that tree. Swiftcloud told herself, watching a drop of scarlet blood fall from her silver paw. Alright, I better get this checked out, or find some cat who can heal up the wounds for me after I remove the thorns. She thought, struggling to her paws and limping out of the Warrior's Den.

Pleased that Smokefern was interested in hunting, Halfwhisper purred softly. That was good. Maybe he could arrange a hunting party. Oh, nowhere in particular...perhaps the clearing? He suggested. The smell of blood nearby made the tabby pause and turn his head. Swiftcloud? Why are you limping like that? Did you hurt yourself? Because he had been lazing about outside of the Warrior's den, he had been able to see Sunstrike leave. You should talk to Sunstrike when she returns. Or, if you feel well enough, you can join Smokefern and I in a hunting party. Fresh food on the kill-pile was always good in the mornings. It would likely be a welcome treat when the patrol returned.

((Thanks~))

Swiftcloud shook her head. I apologize, Halfwhisper, but I just received these thorns and wounds from hunting. I think I'm good with hunting for today, though I may patrol later, She responded before turning tail and padding towards Sunstrike's den, sitting down outside it. She would patiently wait for Sunstrike to return and later ask her to help her.

Smokefern gave a curt nod. The Clearing would be nice. I hope to see you better when we return, Swiftcloud. Rumbled the black smoke warrior, swishing his tail once.

Swiftcloud pricked her ears as she saw Sunstrike, and sat up straight. If you don't mind helping me out, I've some thorns caught on my leg. She meowed, wrapping her long tail around her paws. I better be quick, she seems like she's in a hurry to do something...Don't want a snappy Medicine Cat. Swiftcloud thought.

Halostar gave a nod in farewell to his medicine cat, feeling as if he were missing something. He shrugged it off and padded after Foxfur, signaling for the others to follow as well.

Swiftcloud blinked at Sunstrike, cocking her head to the side. I could help you find some more later, if you'd like, after I'm treated. The pale warrior offered, sitting down and pulling up her paw, glancing at the thorns. Listening to the Medicine Cat's suggestion, she began to tug some out, noticing that a bit of scarlet blood welled up from the wounds after the thorns were removed, but not much. I'm itching for a good run now, after all, my power is unbelievable speed. Swiftcloud thought, spitting out another thorn after she pulled it out.

Ravenclaw stretched, having had her fill of prey, she went around, seeing if any help was needed.

Rainpaw caught a flicker of movement and pounced. A squeal was cut off as she delivered a killing blow to it's skull. "Caught something!" She yowled excitedly.

Smokefern turned back to Halfwhisper, flicking his tail. Shall we get going, or wait for others to come? Asked the black-and-silver tom, his green gaze flitting to the exit/entrance of camp. It's probably best if I look out for thorns, I don't want to end up like Swiftcloud. Smokefern told himself.

((Ravenclaw! Don't ignore your apprentice. She's practically jumping for attention!))

"Good job, Rainpaw," Halostar praised. He was about to say more when a terrifying roar shook the forest. His eyes widened as the Earth shook slightly with the force of the roar. A giant shadow then sped overhead. "What in the name of Starclan was that?"

Rainpaw's eyes widened and she dropped her prey. "Woah! That was amazing!"

Ravenclaw turned back to the apprentice at her heels. "Sure, uh, yeah." When she heard the roar, her pelt puffed out. What was that? Should she order the Queens and Kits back into their dens? What if it was an earthquake? But the roar stopped. She looked around. What was that? "You know what? Let's go check on the patrol."

Smokefern pricked his ears as he heard the roar, his pelt bristling a bit. What was that? He wondered, utterly confused by the noise, rising to his paws. The tom gazed up in the air, and then looked around, wondering what could've made such a noise. Smokefern turned to Halfwhisper, flicking his tail once. I'll be back in a bit, He meowed, turning into a puff of smoke before appearing next to Ravenclaw, blinking at the deputy. Hey, what was that noise? Are we under attack? Smokefern asked, revealing no emotion.

Phenora paused, listening carefully for a returning roar. She wanted to know if her kin were here, so she let out a roar to check. Birds and smaller animals fled with the loud sound and she absently wondered if there were deer here.

Blazepaw nodded at her mentor, her back arched and her fur on end, her tail stiff. She was still in a state of shock from the roar.

Halostar shook his head. "I don't think that's a good sign. It sounded like a larger predator," he said solemnly. "Foxes and badgers we might be able to take with ease, even wolves, bears and stags, but that sounded much, much larger."

((And yes, these cats are very, very intelligent))

Swiftcloud sniffed the herbs on her wounds before jerking in surprise as she heard the best, her fur fluffed with fear. Even when it stopped, Swiftcloud didn't relax, her amber-yellow eyes still glowing with anxiety. She pricked her ears, hearing Sunstrike mumble something. Hmmm? I didn't hear the last part, but oh well, thanks for patch'n me up. I want to go see what's going on. Murmured the warrior, dipping her head and then exiting the Medicine Cat's den, flicking her long tail once, considering speeding off to find Halostar. Maybe he would know what was going on...?

Fur puffing out at the roar, the tabby apprentice darted close to the clan's leader. What in StarClan could ever make such a horrible noise? Hawkpaw was frozen to Halostar's side, to terrified to move. He had never heard any sort of animal roar such as that. Not even a bear or any of the twoleg's monsters made sounds like that! Wh-What was that? I-it's not gonna come after us, is it Halost-star? In an instant, a rowdy apprentice was reduced to a kit. Whatever made that noise, it had really scared him.

No! That couldn't be possible! Soreth immeadiately scrieked in response of the roar and took to the sky. A frantic beating of his under-developed wings lifted him into the air a few feet. As soon as his scrawny arms/wings grew tired, the young dragon sank like a rock. Falling, falling through the canopy of the tree he had resided in previously. The little dragon shrieked in terror as he fell, and weakly attempted to slow his fall. This was all to no avail. Not far from the Clan's camp was there a heavy thud as the twoleg-sized Soreth hit the ground. His wing...The young creature had landed on his already brittle wing, and had injured it in fhe process. With a wail, the now lost and injured hatchling cried out. Where was his mother when he needed her?

First a roar, then a crash and a horrible wailing. What was going on?! Halfwhisper's original plans of hunting were dashed almost automatically. Something large had landed dangerously close to camp. As he bristled, he followed Smokefern to Ravenclaw. We should likely send a patrol out to see what fell. It could've been a bear cub that fell from a tree, and rhw last thing we need is a mother bear near camp. He suggested.

What a rude awakening! Dawnstorm jumped as a roar reverbrated throughout the forest. Her kits! Where were her-oh thank Starclan. The still-startled Queen picked up Goldkit by the scruff and set him down by his sister. Wrapping her tail around both her kits, she worriedly began to clean her kits. They were fine, of course they were. As long as she could see them, they were fine. They would be safe. Don't worry little ones, everything is alright. The Queen purred.

Smokefern nodded his agreement, narrowing his green eyes. If you don't mind, I'd like to start exploring. Halfwhisper, would ya come along with me? Two Warriors are better than one. Smokefern asked Ravenclaw, then looking back at Halfwhisper, flicking his black and silver tail once. The tom was in quite a mood for adventure, but he wasn't looking for a battle, just an answer, the question being what had made that roar. Smokefern felt a tingling sensation run through his belly, as if it was telling him he didn't want to find out. It's most likely a bear, but that roar....It was awfully loud, and that was a pretty loud thud. The warrior informed himself.