Allons-y~Geronimo

To Be or To Own a Dragon

Would you rather be a dragon, or own a dragon?  

140 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Be a dragon! As much as I'd love to own one, it might not work out too well. But it was a pretty easy choice for me, because I feel really awkward as a human, and I'd much rather be a dragon. I imagine I'd be a wyvern, because those have always made the most sense to me evolutionary, though I suppose all dragons are pretty improbable!

I would want to own a dragon, like in the world of the How to Train Your Dragon movies. I love the idea of having a dragon as a best friend and exploring the world on their back. :)

I would rather be a dragon. I ALWAYS loved the idea of me morphing into any dragon I wish, but I really want to turn into a Light Fury. (HTTYD 3)

Depends.

On one hand

Owning a sapient dragon would be very gross so being close friends with an intelligent dragon would be entirely preferable, plus this option means you're able to combine your strengths. The thumbs of a human and the dragon-y stuff that dragons have going for them. Though this option means you don't have your own superpowers and need someone else's help.

And If they're not sapient then that means I have a large predatory animal to take care of, I guess I could get tourism revenue to take care of it if it was the only one but that invites a lot of legal trouble and attention. Plus if it was the only one I wouldn't be allowed to keep it because it's 1. an endangered animal 2. A very DANGEROUS animal.

I'm not really worried about the government taking it away to be cut up because why on earth would they KILL a rare, one of a kind, creature just to dissect it?! This is always the cliche brought up whenever having your own dragon in brought up on forums and it's SO STUPID. Maybe if it passed away they would preform an autopsy but we have X-rays and stuff, there's no need to kill something and even if we didn't killing it would be less preferable to studying it while it's still alive.

More realistically it would be taken away by the government because some rando is less equipped to care for such a creature than the leading experts, plus it would be an endangered exotic animal which pretty much guarantees that it's illegal and dangerous to own one. So maybe having it taken away isn't such a bad thing, it would be in the best hands, with the most cutting edge care possible and the budget of a government behind it.

Of course if it was sapient that opens up a whole can of worms when it comes to to government and "alien" rights.

On the other hand

Being a dragon would kinda be kinda cool but it would have a lot of problems, the long lifespan might tip the scales though depending. If you're the SHAPESHIFTING kind of dragon like some mythologies and D&D's metallic dragons then yea, you've got your OWN super powers and don't need to give up your human thumbs and ability to speak human languages.

Though this option does have it's issues, mainly a human rights one. If you're not entirely human what does that mean legally? We have some kind law stuff (not actual laws from what I can remember) on aliens but nothing a court couldn't work around if it really wanted to. So that mans you would have to keep that a secret.

And now you have a YA urban fantasy masquerade story going and now you can't use your own abilities because some YouTube guy will make a top 10 list with a red circle around you in the thumbnail, and for once it would actually be a real anomaly!

I can't decide.

Edited by blockEdragon

I'm not so sure that we really own them, per se.  I think they actually own us and just let us keep this amusing daydream of thinking we own them.  They smile at each other behind our backs, you know.

I would rather be a dragon. To use my wings to fly high in the skies over the world. It would be better if I could still lie, talk to people through my mind like the dc dragons can. Otherwise it might be hard telling people that I'm not a threat to them unless they are to me.

This is a surprisingly difficult question honestly. Both options would have a lot of good to them! I feel like I'd rather own a dragon, or more like have one as a friend. While being a dragon myself would be cool, I feel like having a dragon as a friend would be extra cool.

One major reason that I didn't choose own a dragon is because we can already own similar, but not intelligent (or well I mean tlaking into your head) kinds of draogns. *points to many varying bird and lizard species*

I have little geckos dragons. :p

I'd like to be a dragon rather then keep being a human.

Edited by Kyath The Dream Worker