aangs-sister

Completed List Favourites Tournament

user posted image

Coral all the way! biggrin.gif Though I DO love the Tanglewyrm's colors, the coral is absolutely amazing! Want! *grabby hands* o3o

Image created with cooltext.com...Just fulfilling the agreement for hosting, y'all! tongue.gif

Edited by Princess Kiara

I've counted the votes up to here. I'm going to keep it open since we've gotten several posts in the last few hours and I want everyone who wants to to have a chance to vote.

The cut off for voting will be midnight, DC time. I'll post the winners around then unless RL pounces.

...and you two basically cancel each-other out xd.png.

Well, here it is. After months of voting we have the grand winner.

With an about 2:1 win, the winner is:

Tanglewyrm

making the Coral our 2nd place.

Thank you to all voters!

Now, I am definitely considering doings this again in the future, but I will wait untill the completed list has had a large amount of movement (many breeds both removed, added, and updated).

I'm going to leave this open for a week or so for final comments. Feel free to discuss anything related to the contest, such as your thoughts on the turnout, suggestions for future contests, and whatever else.

Thank you for organizing this! smile.gif

I've had a lot of fun voting and I discovered new favourites on the list - like Coral for example. I've never noticed those dragons before.

The only thing which bothered me was the free pass system.

Even though I didn't start voting here until a little late in the competetion, I enjoyed it a lot!

It was fun to see what the general favorites of the community are and it's a big pad on the shoulder to the people behind each idea biggrin.gif

Thank you for organizing all of this! It's been really fun and I do hope we get another contest like this! happy.gif

Hmm...

For some reason, this wasn't as satisfying as I expected. None of my favorites won, either. I expect is still enjoy doing this again tongue.gif

This was a fun event, though it did take a long time to complete. In any case, I'd love to do something like this again whenever possible.

I'm also quite happy the Tanglewyrm actually won. It's been a favorite of mine ever since I saw it on the completed list. wub.gif

Yay, go Tanglewyrms! I'm so happy they won, definitely one of my favorite breeds on the Completed list. biggrin.gif

Thank you for organizing this event aangs-sister, it was a lot of fun! smile.gif

Yay, the Tanglywyrm won! I wanted it to win from the moment I first saw it, and it's a well deserved victory smile.gif

Thank you, aangs-sister, for organizing this event, it was a lot of fun!

And thanks to the user who set up the polls for the earlier round - I forgot your name unfortunately, but thanks for the work, it made voting so much easier with the number of contestants in the first rounds smile.gif

What a great finale! smile.gif I'm very happy that the Tanglwyrms won. They're one of the completed concepts that I most want to see released. They really have the wow-factor, the quality of the art and level of spriting is amazing, and they're something unique, that would really fit in the cave. I hope TJ takes note...

Thank you for organising this aangs sister, and thanks for the polls ponytales. It's been fun!

This contest was fun, but I would like to propose a new type, too smile.gif

I would like to give a vote to each dragon, not choosing among two. They could both be beautiful and choosing one doesn't mean I wouldn't want the other one in cave.

I would like to "reward" the sprite itself instead of choosing one over the other. We have a winner ( Tanglwyrms ) but even if it will be relased tomorrow this doesn't make easy to choose the next one... A different type of contest would make a simple classification among Completed list.

So, what about giving a vote to each dragon from 1 (I don't like it at all) to 5 (I want it in my scroll, now!).

Every dragon collect a certain amount of points. I could give to Tanglwyrms 5 points because I like it very much, but someone else could only give 2 points. This would make it to have 7 points in total.

At the end of the event the dragons are listed in order of number, from the higher one, (who had collect a lot of points because it's lovely to the majority of users) to the lowest one who could still be nice for everyone, but less than others.

A "bonus" vote would be the Z vote. You could give this letter instead of a number. Giving Z would be like if you have given 0 points to the dragon. It's the neutral vote to say that you may like the concept but... it's graphically not ready to see the cave in your opinion. It needs shades, colors or anatomy redone. It would be nice to write shortly what you would prefer to change of it.

If many dragons result to have the same number of points there could be a little contest among them, like the one already made here. wink.gif

Edited by Naruhina_94

I would like to give a vote to each dragon, not choosing among two. They could both be beautiful and choosing one doesn't mean I wouldn't want the other one in cave.

I would like to "reward" the sprite itself instead of choosing one over the other. We have a winner ( Tanglwyrms ) but even if it will be relased tomorrow this doesn't make easy to choose the next one... A different type of contest would make a simple classification among Completed list.

So, what about giving a vote to each dragon from 1 (I don't like it at all) to 5 (I want it in my scroll, now!).

Every dragon collect a certain amount of points. I could give to Tanglwyrms 5 points because I like it very much, but someone else could only give 2 points. This would make it to have 7 points in total.

At the end of the event the dragons are listed in order of number, from the higher one, (who had collect a lot of points because it's lovely to the majority of users) to the lowest one who could still be nice for everyone, but less than others.

A "bonus" vote would be the Z vote. You could give this letter instead of a number. Giving Z would be like if you have given 0 points to the dragon. It's the neutral vote to say that you may like the concept but... it's graphically not ready to see the cave in your opinion. It needs shades, colors or anatomy redone. It would be nice to write shortly what you would prefer to change of it.

If many dragons result to have the same number of points there could be a little contest among them, like the one already made here. wink.gif

I like this idea, but it might be kinda hard to do. IDK.

I wanted tanglewyrms to win ever since I first saw them (which was actually in this thread), so I'm happy about that. A few other things I liked lost, but meh.

I really like this suggestion too!

it seems a little more fair for the diffrent dragons because who knows how this might have looked if the diffrent dragons were pitched against other dragons in a diffrent way?

I do see the problem in implementing and completing such a system. THe thought alone of all the counting and adding makes my head spin xd.png