Blossom Angels

Black Ray Lindwurm

Duality

Dwarf Bok Choy

Mercury Pygmy

Rain

Skymaster Ampipthere

Willowherb

OMG this is so hard! I've had to go with "gut response" for most of these - they are all so good!

Shoot I've missed some rounds.

Round 6:

Antarean VS Blossom Angels

Kinda meh on both of these, but the antareans have a really nice texture and a more unique concept

Coral VS Black Ray Lindwurm

Not a fan of the super bright colors the corals went with, they don't seem very 'coral-y' (I like the red one, greens OK, don't like the other two) and the ray is both a lindwurm and has some cool pattern/colours going on

Duality VS Frill-Gill

Two heads and an eastern. We need both. Frill gills I have trouble telling they are dragons, even if the sprites are nice.

Dwarf Bok Choy VS Indigo Fire

me no likey pygmies and I really like easterns.

Mercury Pygmy VS Mithril

me no likey pygmies. These ones are OK but I'd still rather have a full sized dragon.

Phantasm Dragon VS Rain

Phantasms seem way to close concept-wise a to the shadow walkers and I have trouble making out the dragon. Rains need work, but are otherwise nice.

Skymaster Ampipthere VS Regal Diamonds

Skymasters have really dynamic poses and I like how in-your-face they look, the diamonds seem plain by comparison and can't make them out as well as I should.

Tanglewyrm VS Willowherb

This was HARD, both are super awesome. Picking Willowherb because I like easterns more and I'd like more purple and non-valentines/non-girly pink breeds and this does both.

Round 6:

They're both lovely. I love the coloration, pose, and concept behind both. I just think it's way passed time that we have more plant-themed dragons in the cave.

The color palette on the Lindwurms is one of my favorites, but the brighter colors appeal to me in a way I cannot quantify. I also love the description on those. The poses they used make them seem at once fierce and gentle. That's hard to pull off, and I really like how they turned out.

Duality VS Frill-Gill

The Frill Gills are absolutely adorable! This was a difficult one. In the end, I simply love the way they posed the Duality, and the idea behind that dragon. It's just beautiful.

I really like both of these. The Indigo Fire was completed years ago and will need a little touching up to get on-par with the current dragons in the cave; much has changed about the sprites we see now since back then. I still think they're beautiful and should be seriously considered, but I am in love with all of the little food dragons. That being said, if one gets released, they all need to be released. Having just one would be awkward and break the continuity for me.

Mercury Pygmy VS Mithril

Another tough choice, as both of these are very well done. In the end, I decided to go with the pygmies because I think that particular minority needs some love, and man are these lovely!

Phantasm Dragon VS Rain

I've had my eye on this one for ages, and have been hoping for its addition to the cave for some time now.

So many tough choices! I think this one really came down to the pose for me. As much I like both color schemes and the ideas behind each of them, I think the pose on the Ampipthere works better for the sprite it displays.

Tanglewyrm VS Willowherb

This is another one I've been keeping an eye on. I love these sprites!

As an aside, I am very disappointed to see several of my favorites not represented here. Only two out of a couple dozen that I've been hoping for made it this far, and I think several others deserve consideration before several of these, so my opinion here is going to represent a very small minority. Take that for what you will. It's very interesting to see just how different our views are on this topic. Thank you for doing this, it has been... enlightening.

Antarean

Coral

Duality

Indigo Fire

Mercury Pygmy vs Mithril - Both - I cannot make a decision between them.

Rain

Skymaster

Tanglewyrm

Btw, thanks for all the work you did for this, Happy Holidays and it will be exciting watching it wrap up during the New Year! And I hope it inspires people to continue to contribute, not only thru arts and dragon ideas, but even fun forums like this that are a little different but involve the player base in something fun and special. Thanks!

Edited by natayah

No need for the thank yet, we still have a few rounds left!

Winners for Round 6:

Duality VS Frill-Gill

Mercury Pygmy VS Mithril

Phantasm Dragon VS Rain

Tanglewyrm VS Willowherb

Leaving us with our top 8:

Blossom Angels

Coral

Frill-Gill

Indigo Fire

Mercury Pygmy

Phantasm Dragon

Skymaster Ampipthere

Tanglewyrm

Results are saved on my computer if people need them or are curious. (If you want to ask things like 'how many votes did X lose by' and stuff, it's fine)

So, round 7 is:

Blossom Angels VS Coral

Frill-Gill VS Indigo Fire

Mercury Pygmy VS Phantasm Dragon

Skymaster Ampipthere VS Tanglewyrm

I've included links since, at this point, it seems silly to load the completed list for so few breeds.

Edited by aangs-sister

Blossom Angels VS Coral

Ah my poor Bok-Choy! At least you have lost to a worthy opponent.

Edited by natli

Aw. Bye-bye, Bok-Choys; bye-bye, Antareans. I know I voted for the Blossom Angels instead of the Antareans, but it's still a bit sad to see them lose. :s

Blossom Angels VS Coral

Blossom Angels VS Coral

Coral

Indigo Fire

Phantasm Dragon

Tanglewyrm

Vote for round 7:

Coral

Indigo Fire

Mercury Pygmy

Tanglewyrm

Blossom Angels VS Coral

NUUUU THE BLACK RAYS @_@ I will miss them so much >_> They're so pretty, and while I like the Indigo Fires, they're just too outdated for this stage of the competition, IMO. I was worried about the Blossom Angels being eliminated, but I'm glad to see they made it through. (I'm so biased with those guys |D They could probably use a bit of a revamp, too, being 2 years old and all, but nothing major.)

I'm also sad the Bok Choys were eliminated. I'm not a huge fan of the Garden series, but I just love the BC's wings.

Blossom Angels

Frill-Gill

Phantasm Dragon

Tanglewyrm

Edited by PieMaster

The competetion is closing in! biggrin.gif

Winners are marked in bold

Blossom Angels VS Coral

Blossom Angels VS Coral (CORAL MUST WIN xd.png)

Aww, Antareans. ;_; I do love the Blossom Angels, at least.

Blossom Angels

Frill-Gill

Phantasm Dragon

Tanglewyrm

Blossom Angels VS Coral