aangs-sister

Completed List Favourites Tournament

Voted!

Round Favorites: STRATOS (GIANT FREAKIN' GLOWY WHALES <3), Sugarpony (not biased at alllll hehe), Tailwings (so elegant looking!) and Tomatoes (a very different looking type of critter, I like it).

I'm surprised that the spiral-necked wyvern gets chosen over the spindly pygmy, though. Is it just because of the general dislike of pygmies? Because I really am not a fan of the spiral-necked wyvern.

For me at least it is the overabundance of sprites with very little in the way of differences. If I am going to be collecting that many sprites, I would want something more different between them.

Plus, I am really not a fan of males getting wings, and females not. It is quite frankly what keeps the terrae from being among my favorites.

Voted!

But I have to ask - are the "Telsa" dragons meant to be spelled like that?

It seems to me like they've got something electric-y going on.

So I'd think that they would be named Tesla instead... Maybe that's just me?

But I have to ask - are the "Telsa" dragons meant to be spelled like that?

It seems to me like they've got something electric-y going on.

So I'd think that they would be named Tesla instead... Maybe that's just me?

It was intentional. I believe they were originally called Tesla Dragons, but that doesn't fit DC's medieval period so the one-letter change was done to make it appropriate... and yet still kinda obvious as to what it should be, which is rather amusing. wink.gif

Edited by Dimar

For me at least it is the overabundance of sprites with very little in the way of differences. If I am going to be collecting that many sprites, I would want something more different between them.

Plus, I am really not a fan of males getting wings, and females not. It is quite frankly what keeps the terrae from being among my favorites.

The female spindles do have wings though :/ Maybe I need to talk to white fire about re doing the colored sprites or do a better job describing that the dragon changes with the seasons.

I've voted and the results have been recorded. The Tomato made me giggle. Lots of nice dragons!

I'm surprised that the spiral-necked wyvern gets chosen over the spindly pygmy, though. Is it just because of the general dislike of pygmies? Because I really am not a fan of the spiral-necked wyvern.

I also think it's a real pity the wishmaker wyvern is about to lose. That's one truly gorgeous sprite. And so shiny! wub.gif

I've got to admit I've been surprised by a lot of the pygmy losses in this tournament, but I actually voted for the spiral-necked wyvern because I think it's a prettier sprite - I like its antennae. Of the pygmies in the tournament, the spindle pygmies just aren't my favourites. *would have voted for the Monarch pygmy and the Chickadee pygmy, though, because they're both amazing... but they were both eliminated before I joined the voting ;_;*

For what it's worth, I think the Wish-Maker is really pretty, too. smile.gif

For me at least it is the overabundance of sprites with very little in the way of differences.  If I am going to be collecting that many sprites, I would want something more different between them. Like maybe have the spikes go along the wing arm, tail, and even head. I mean, they do what they do to keep *warm* but then they barely have any covering? That makes no sense.

Plus, I am really not a fan of males getting wings, and females not.  It is quite frankly what keeps the terrae from being among my favorites.

I kinda feel the same way. I thought that the Space Crystals had enough *visible* difference, but TJ said no. o3o The Spindle Pygmies are BARELY different because of the tiny area. I'd either make the colors more prominent or just narrow down the colors (if the Space Crystals had to do it, I think a LOT of dragons on the CL need to do it).

And what? The female have wings: user posted image They're just folded. It wouldn't hurt to make them a teeny bit more obvious, though.

but that doesn't fit DC's medieval period

I think this is the STUPIDEST rule of DC. There are PLENTY of dragons in-cave with names or other words in their description that weren't invented/known about in medieval times. Misspelling a name to where it looks like a TYPO and not like a purposeful misspelling just looks tacky. I don't want the name misspelled just for the sake of *fitting* into DC's timeline when several other dragons don't follow that rule.

I mean, obviously you don't want to go TOO far outside of the proper context. I wouldn't try to suggest some hyper-ultra-futuristic dragon that mechanical and runs on plasma or something. :U

Voted.

I love the Sugar Crystals :3

I don't.

Well, ok, I *do* but I don't love them as much as their competition this round, simply because they have like next to no contrast and the Strelitzia are really cool. I highly suggest to everyone to look at their sprites *without* the copyright symbol over them because they're awesome.

I feel like Sugar Crystals will win, though. :\

Edited by edwardelricfreak

Yes, I feel some people aren't looking behind the copyright symbols (which is probably why so many pygmies are losing ;; ). Some dragons do pop out as OOOH PRETTY right away, but then a closer look shows they just aren't as detailed or well made as they ought to be.

Thankfully I imagine TJ will a bit more strict in his examining when he determines actual releases. xd.png

Voted smile.gif

Love the tanglewyrms wub.gif

Though I'd love to see more pygmies in cave, I often voted against them - some of the pygmies on the CL simply look to big in my opinion, and I also tend to vote for the sprite with less versions, because I don't want to collect that many of one species just to have a couple of each sprite...