Zeditha

A Forgotten Destiny

Much better now... -commented Bryce, content with the work he'd done on that first day of his new life in the strange village of hatchling carers. What was once an abandoned and dirty dusty military grade bunker, now resembled his personal mausoleum. The structure was, ofcourse, the same shape and was composed of the same extra-thick blast-resistant walls, however it had been tidied up very well. Very little was needed on the outside, but Bryce still cleaned the front of any garbage or other undesirables, gave the big heavyset metal front door a good polish, hand-made a small metal tablet that now read "Bengstington Residence" and hung it next to the aforementioned door, and gave the tempered glass windows a good shining.

On the inside, he and Torque had spent the day removing every cobweb, every undesirable piece of trash and cleaning out every little spec of dust. They'd checked for rodents, but as expected due to the solid stone walls, not even pests had managed to get in. After the thorough cleaning, Bryce had gone through the electrical work of the structure. He was no electrician, but thankfully nothing really needed the technical acumen of one. All he needed to do was replace a few blown-out fuses and clean the solar panels on the roof to get the power flowing. That done, the energy cells easily recharged to full capacity over the length of the day, and they were secured with enough power to last them more then just the night. They kept the generator around, just in case.

Furnishings and food supplies were a necessity, so Bryce had stepped out in the late afternoon to procure the necessities for their new abode. He'd only recently returned from his sixth and final trip into town for this reason, arriving with a plethora of electronics. Though this had dug into his savings, he had a plan to get his money back. And even if he didn't, the remainder would be plenty. With their freezer stuffed with food of all sorts, their interior well illuminated and hard stone floor somewhat completely covered by rugs, a heater maintaining a comfortable temperature inside and all the comforts of home, Bryce had every reason to be content with his work.

He'd just finished setting up his workstation, consisting of his new personal computer in the middle, small library of books most commonly related to either his mental, physical exercises or dragon care to his left, and the array of old tech he'd found and managed to clean and boot up to his right. He knew that there was a transmitter there, and their bunker had a pretty large antenna in its small observation tower, so he figured if he got the hang of how to use the transmitter, he could broadcast whatever he so pleased over the radio. But that was a goal for another day to him.

He'd also bought a small table and various equipment for weapon maintenance, situated in the corner next to his work station. There, he'd left his newly acquired rifle, after having cleaned and greased it where needed. He was planning on trying it out tomorrow.

For Torque, he'd bought a pretty expansive cot that looked as if it were made for two, not just one. He figured that the little dragon would grow pretty soon, so a larger cot made the most sense. The thing was roughly the size of Bryce's own bed, which he'd saved from one of the bunk-beds that he'd moved down into storage. It wasn't very comfortable, but then Bryce didn't do much actual sleeping anyway. He preferred to meditate his nights away.

Much, much better now. -he sighed, dusted his palms off, one into the other and sat into his revolving chair, eager to kill some time online.

Torque on the other hand was content just relaxing in his king-sized cot for now.

After their rest, Baltia, Rudus and Contalia continued their journey to the peak of the mountain. The wind dropped somewhat, though it still took them the rest of the day to get to the top. They took frequent rests and spoke little, and did some travelling on foot to rest their wings too. The sun had set and the stars were shining unobstructedly when they reached the top. It was getting cold as they huddled together for warmth and waited. Baltia seemed to be concentrating on something.

---(Richard)---

Richard woke up to the unpleasant feeling of hunger while it was still very dark. Richard knew that if he nibbled Alex's fingers, Alex would feed him, so that's what Richard did. He also said, {Wake up, I'm hungry,} to further convince Alex to feed him.

---(Alex)---

I woke up to my fingers getting nibbled again, and also Richard proclaiming his hunger to me. {All right, shush. I'll feed you a couple apples and MAYBE some cheesecake. But no promises. Come here big guy.} I picked up Richard with some effort and carried him belly up in my arms down to the kitchen. I felt and heard Richard's tummy rumble just as we entered the kitchen, so I grabbed three apples and cut them up into bite-sized cubes. Richard happily gobbled up the pile of apple cubes while I looked out the window at the night sky. It was pretty. I didn't see any constellations I recognized through the small opening of the window, though.

When Richard was just about done with his apple cubes, I saw Ocevo come trotting into the kitchen and say, {I'm hungry. Gimme food. More cheesecake.}

I replied to her, {Good gravy you get hungry fast. Maybe it's because you're growing up? Yeah, that's probably it. All right, I'll give you both some cheesecake.} I opened the fridge and pulled out the three-quarters of the cheesecake that remained, and gave each hatchling an eighth of the whole cheesecake, leaving half left. Then I decided to have an eighth-slice as well. With only three-eighths left, I needed to get another one soon.

After both hatchlings were done eating their food, I wondered if their big appetites were cause by how warm it was in my bedroom, so I picked up both hatchlings, who both felt noticeably heavier than before, and carried them outside to the backyard, where it was nice and cool. I lied back on the grass and put Ocevo on my chest, where she curled up and fell asleep, pinning me to the ground. Richard was content to lie down on the ground and hold my arm like a small child hugging a teddy bear. With all that, I was unable to fall asleep, but at this point I was prepared to stay up all night and take a nap in the morning.

((If anyone in the village wants to come over to my house because they can't sleep [Perhaps unknowntoya], then feel free to knock on my door.))

(Thank you, Alex! I was starting to get bored 'cause other rps I'm in aren't very active yet.)

Shanquia found the excitement of starting another day with her hatchling so exciting that she couldn't sleep. So, she got out of bed, grabbed her laptop and put it in her backpack, picked her dragon up out of his room, and walked out side.

She looked around for a neighboring house, and saw two. One looked like a army house, which scared her so much that she decided not to go to. The other one looked much better, and a bit fancy. But not as fancy as my house. She thought to herself, and walked up to it.

She happened to she a boy in it's backyard laying down with two yellowish dragons. She wanted to just walk up to him to make it a quicker journey than going to the door, but she thought that would make her look like a creeper. I don't want have a bad reputation here! And so, with that, she walked up to the door, and knocked on it.

Edited by unknowntoya

---(Alex)---

I heard someone knock on my door, so I panicked, lifted Ocevo off my chest and put her on the ground, and ran full tilt out of the backyard to the front door. "Huff... Puff... Hi! Did you want to introduce yourself to me? Whoo... I am not a good runner... If you want... Huff... You can come chat... In the backyard... Ok?"

She looked at the exhausted boy, and said,

"Um, Hi. I don't mind chating in your backyard, and...um...are you ok? Need some help?" Helio looked at the stranger, and, out of excitement, threw up some lava.

"Oh, I am so sorry, did it get on you? Helio dose this all the time..... Sorry." She said, pulling some napkins out of her pocket and whipped her dragon's mouth.

---(Alex)---

"Aah! What the- Oh! Aww, he's cute. I'm ok, I just had an overweight baby dragon sitting on my chest for about five minutes and ran out here at top speed. Come into my backyard, we can share some cheesecake if you want. Um, Helio, was it? He might enjoy a little bit of cheesecake. I know my dragons do. One of them ate an entire quarter of a cheesecake on her own. It's a plain cheesecake, but I have some strawberry preserves in the fridge that you can put on your slice if you want. Of course, Helio might also like to play with my dragons. He's so cute." I rubbed Helio's chin. {You're a good boy. Play nice with my dragons, and we'll be good friends.} "So, yeah, again, feel free to come into my backyard. I have some folding chairs inside I can grab if you don't like sitting on the grass.

"Oh, ok, yeah, I think he might like cheesecake, I don't know. he seems to also like pancakes, so if you have them or some syrup, he'll be fine. I don't mind sitting on the grass, better than sitting on a commoner chair, no offence." She said, walking to his backyard, studying his house's interior.

{Ok! I bet your dragon nice!} Helio said as his human walked away, carrying him.

"Nice....Nice....Neat archway, nice covering for bugs and weather... " She said as she walked through, and the walked out to his backyard.

She sat down and let her dragon run around, over to the two harvest dragons. {Hi! Me Helio!} He said, still needing to learn his language more.

Edited by unknowntoya

((Zed hasn't responded yet, so I can't skip with you, but we can write past.))

---(Ocevo)---

{Huh? What are you?} Ocevo sniffed Helio intently, trying to figure out what he was.

---(Alex)---

As I watched Ocevo sniff Helio, I realized that Ocevo could very possibly think of Helio as food and not a friend. Hopefully she didn't actually try to eat him. I went inside and grabbed the remainder of the cheesecake. I cut it into three one-eighth slices, one for Helio, one for Shanquia, and the last one to stop Ocevo from getting jealous. I already had my slice earlier, so I didn't need to worry about a shortage of cheesecake. I also grabbed the strawberry preserves from the fridge, and before going outside, I checked to see if I had pancake mix. Lucky for me and Helio, I did. There was also a bottle of maple syrup next to the mix. So we had a failsafe if Helio disliked cheesecake.

I brought out the cheesecake and strawberry preserves with three paper plates, put one slice on a plate and gave it and the strawberry preserves to Shanquia, and also a spoon so she could scoop the preserves out onto the cheesecake.

The other two I left plain, and put one in front of Ocevo, who was siting excitedly at my feet in anticipation of getting more cheesecake. As for Helio, I place his slice last and told him, {I save the best for last.} Now all that remained was for everyone to eat up. I sat down next to Ocevo and called Richard over to sit on my lap.

She grabbed the plate that Alex gave her, but put the strawberry preserves away.

"I-I'm allergic to what they put in these.... I forgot..." She said, but put it next to Helio. "I have no idea if Helio is." She put a little bit of it on his cheesecake, in case he didn't like it or was allergic.

Helio sniffed the cheesecake, and took a bite. He smiled and made a little chirping noise. He continued to gulp it down.

"Wow...He sure seems to like cheesecake..... Anyway, what's your name?" She asked, taking a bite of her cheesecake.

Edited by unknowntoya

---(Alex)---

"My name's Alex. The hungry little girl you see before you," I said, pointing at Ocevo, "is named Ocevo. She seems to share Helio's love of cheesecake, so perhaps she will like pancakes, too. We can test that, and if she doesn't, well, Helio gets dessert after his dessert. Anyway, the, uh, 'regal' hatchling you see on my lap is named Richard, and he seems to be flirting with you from what I can tell. He's acting more mature now that he's got your attention, at least. Haha. So, have you tried feeding your dragon anything meat-based, like grilled chicken or steak? I have with these guys, they love their beef jerky. I still have a pack if you want to try giving Helio a piece. There's also some pulled pork in my fridge if you want to try that instead." Ocevo finished eating her slice of cheesecake, and noticed that Helio had some strawberry preserves on his slice. Instead of asking me to give her some, she bit off the part of Helio's slice that had the preserves on it! Immediately, I grabbed her and picked her up, then held her by her chest upside-down, telling her, {You don't do that sort of thing. It's not nice and means no more cheesecake.} Ocevo squirmed out of my grip and managed to land on her belly, then cuddled up against my side. She said, {Sorry Daddy. Can I have some sweet stuff?}

{No, you just stole Helio's sweet stuff. I should give HIM sweet stuff, you already had some!} And I did, I spooned a glob of preserves onto the remainder of Helio's cheesecake slice.

"Nah, I haven't gave him meat yet, though I might try the jerky thing. My name's Shanquia, if I haven't told you, by the way." She looked at Helio as he looked at his strawberry goop was swiped from his cheesecake. He looked at Ocevo, and said {Don't mind, I never tried the red goop before.} He said, eating his cheesecake with the strawberry preserve. Shanquia looked at her phone, saying she received a chat invite on her video chat thing on her laptop.

"Oh, do you mind if I video chat with my friend for a second?" She said, pulling her laptop out of her backpack and turning it on.

Edited by unknowntoya

---(Alex)---

"Sure, go ahead, I'll go make some pancakes." {Come with me, Ocevo, I'm going to make you something tasty. Pancakes.} Ocevo got up and followed me, looking oddly cheery for the punishment I had given her for stealing Helio's preserves.

I went inside, looked in the pantry for the pancake mix, and found it no problem.

I spent a decent amount of time making about 4 pancakes, during which I heard Shanquia on her video chat.

When the pancakes were done, I got the bottle of maple syrup out, put the pancakes on some paper plates, and brought out one pancake for Ocevo, another for Helio, which I put a liberal amount of syrup on, a plain one for Shanquia, and one more for Richard. I put a small amount of syrup on Ocevo and Richard's pancakes, and sat down and watched as both Harvests happily gobbled up the pancakes with equal gusto.

"Ok, thanks!" She said, and as Alex walked into the house, she turned her video chat on.

"Hi, Shanquia! Guess what!" It was her friend, Nimare.

"What is it, Nimare? Do you know what time it is?" Shanquia asked, a smile on her face.

"It's..... 12:30! Midnight! Happy new year! Anyway, looky here!" She said, and pulled up two dragons, one was a Nebula dragon, and the other a Hellfire Wyvern. Shanquia gasped, her eyes wide.

"No way, girl! You got some dragons! I thought you where afraid of them!"

"Not anymore! There names are Réaltnéal and Jurni. Hey, tell me where you'r at, and I'll come over. In the morning, of course." She said, and put her dragons down.

"Sure! I'm at a village. Try to find this house." She said, pointing her laptop to her house, "And you'll be in the right place."

"Hey, do you think we can room together?" She said, and Shanquia grabbed the plate Alex gave her.

"Sure, but it seems like there's a house already made for some people. I found an Irish looking house here that I thought you'd like. Anyway, gotta go, let's talk about this later, bye!"

"Ok, bye!" Shanquia turned her laptop off, and looked up to Alex.

"Thanks for the pancakes, Helio's is eating his up like a Tasmanian devil! Anyway, one of my freind's coming over." She said, taking a bite of her pancake.

Edited by unknowntoya

---(Alex)---

"Haha, I see. Ocevo's pretty much got a close second, and Richard's in third. It seems you are in dead last. Want to change that, or..." I shrugged. "Aww, Helio is so cute. Can I hold him, or will he freak out and spit lava on me?"

She chuckled.

"Sorry, but what? What am I a dead last in? Friendship? Nothing's gonna change who you like the most, dear." She looked over to Helio. "Probably gonna freak, but you can try to, anyway." She shrugged, and finished her pancake.

---(Alex)---

"You finished your pancake third. Richard and Ocevo were both done before you. And thanks for letting me try to hold Helio." I sat down next to Helio and said, {Such a cute little boy. I won't hurt you. I'm quite comfortable if you relax.} I slowly moved my hands toward Helio in an attempt to gently pick him up.

Edited by Alexander_Drake

Shanquia blushed a little.

"Oh. Sorry. It's just, I was talking 'bout my friend, so I thought you where talking about friends, too. Sorry for misunderstanding." (Oh nose, hopefully I won't go overboard with the word misunderstanding! tongue.gif) Helio giggled, and let Alex pick him up. {Hello! You look kind!}

Edited by unknowntoya

((Can you stop writing in yellow? I can't read it.))

(Ok, I'll write it in orange, but you can just left-click and drag over(I think I should call it "Highlight it blue" but, I don't know who will understand what when it comes to computers, hope this doesn't sound like an offence.) the yellow so it can be easier to read.)

Edited by unknowntoya

((I know, but it's just... Argh, words. Stop betraying me, vocabulary. Thanks. It's easier on everyone.))

((I know, but it's just... Argh, words. Stop betraying me, vocabulary. Thanks. It's easier on everyone.))

(Your welcome. smile.gif I'll edit my other post, too.)

---(Alex)---

{Aww, such a cute little boy. You like pancakes just as much as my little dragons do. I can make more pancakes if you want more pancakes to eat.} I hugged the Blusang Lindwurm gently, rocking him back and forth.

Helio chirped, and said {No more pancakes, please!} He smiled, and fell asleep. Shanquia chuckled at the boy rocking the dragon asleep. That is just to dang cute! She thought to herself, and said "So, what now?"