Zeditha

A Forgotten Destiny

Yawela blew fire at Esko, judging it so that it just singed him. "I'm not a scalebag," she huffed. "You are at the village. Pick a house!" She slammed her tail into the ground for emphasis.

Baltia is... Somewhere. She's nearing the village with her companions.

Salema ((The Magi, remember?)) peeked out from Mia's house. There seemed to be new dragons around! She gave a happy chirp, then moved over to the door and let herself out, flying easily over the fence. {Hello!} she called. Then she coughed - "Sorry - Hello!" She padded over to Yawela. {Hi Yawela, new dragons?}

{Yep. This human called me a scalebag though, what can you do to him?}

{I see you already singed him... Perhaps I should teleport him somewhere?} She grinned mischevously, and then darted over and poked Esko with her paw, focusing on the teleport spell she'd been practicing. He couldn't go far; her spell was still quite weak. If it worked at all, he'd stay in the village.

"Wa-APP!" He shouted as he was teleported...a few feet. Wow. Soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo marvolous. What was that supposed to do? He got more ticked off. Well I tell a dragon I need to be at one place and I am plopped at another. How is that supposed to work? I will NOT pick a house! I am forever a traveller, and I like a tent more then a roof. He crossed his arms. He would never. He turned around and started to walk away. No way was he staying. He itched to be traveling. He needed to get back to the tent. {C'mon, Tulvir and Tabitha. The only supply of food is at the camp, not here.} He said. The hatchlings groaned. {Aww, the fun is over?Okay..} They said as the followed their human. Esko started heading in the direction of his camp. He would never stay in one place forever. The mere thought sickened him.

((Oh noes somebody get him to stay in the town before he leaves oh noes :0 ))

---(Ocevo)---

Ocevo could tell that the other human needed to have some food to cheer him up, so she hurried over to him and bit down hard on the edge of his pants. Her heavy weight was too much for the other human to lift, and might as well have been tied to a boulder with unbreakable rope.

---(Alex)---

All I could do was laugh.

Esko saw the Harvest bite on his pant cuff. "Agh! Get your little censorkip.gif bag off OF MY PANT LEG!" He tried to shake, but that thing was like a huge boulder! How much did it's caretaker FEED it? He kept shaking his leg and fealt relieved when Tulvir attacked the other hatchling with fire and tiny claws.

((Memo: Esko is a sweet hearted person unless he is angry. That is all))

---(Alex)---

I got worried when the other little dragon started becoming aggressive towards Ocevo, but then Richard came bounding out of the house and plowed face first into the aggressive dragon, sending both of them tumbling for several meters. Richard managed to get back up faster, and promptly sat on top of the aggressive dragon, pinning him, too.

Tulvir shrieked and squirmed, clawing and shooting little bursts of flame. Esko thought it was enough. {Alright, you two Wyverns. Tulvir, Tabitha, come with me. Now that my leg is free, we can go back to the camp.} His anger was slowly getting worse. He hoped the others got the message to stop trying to keep him here. He traveled, and never stayed in one place. That would never change. "Oh, and by the way, I won't accept your SNACK. He said, snapping at the kid named Alex. He picked up his hatchlings and started heading towards his campsite again, grumbling rather offensive things in, again, Swedish. Tonight was not fun at all.

((It is probably very smart to get Mia in and stop him tongue.gif

Also, keep in mind, even after you manage to get him to stay, he will probably atempt to escape a few times. Just for your info o3o ))

((Mia's tied up with Hannah, travelling to the village. I'll wait for Dream_Dragon before I move her anywhere, that wouldn't be fair if I just teleported her again. :3))

Yawela was glad to see the human get teleported, but then heard a confused sound from just behind her and rolled her eyes. Of course, the spell didn't work properly. She bounded around and, after the two fat Harvests had done their best to keep him here, she put the flat part of her shield against his chest and pushed on it with her nose, walking forwards slowly. "Pick a house. You have dragons. This is where the dragons go. Pick a house. You can fetch stuff from your camp later. Pick a house."

Esko snarled. Fine. Don't count on me staying. And he headed off with his hatchlings in no real direction. Why did he have to be stuck in one place because his dragons had to be here? WHY did they have to be here? Dragons need the sense of freedom, right? HE needed it! After all, he loved traveling. So why be stuck?

Well time to pick a censorkip.gif n house. He walked around. What was this, a ghost town? Out of all the places to stay, people were moving here? What was the plan? Was there some mastermind trying to gather them? Well this isn't the way to do it.

He found this house. Just a plain house, nothing special. Dont need any special things, since this is only temporary. He walked in. The place needed cleaning. A LOT of cleaning. Might as well make it clean for the nutzo who moves in here after me. He gritted his teeth as he got to work.

Some time later, the place was clean enough. Esko sighed. He calmed down somewhat. He still wasn't happy to be here, but he wasn't pissed off. Now he needed food. Where the hell was he supposed to buy food? He slammed his forehead against the wall. He needed to get to his camp. But the Guardian wouldn't let him out. Feels like being in a prison.

((Oh, okay!))

((Zeditha you didn't formally respond, but heck I'll go with it.))

Cay had seen the human and recognized him as the one she stole food from, but he hadn't seemed to notice. She'd walked off in the direction of the houses and explored all of the open ones. A lot of people were up, she noticed, not much unlike her old village now that they'd been caught. Shade moved a bit in her arms and looked up at her. She stroked his head. "{Which one do you like}" she asked as she went and explored the others. None seemed to fit her, so maybe Shade could pick. He looked as if he were thinking hard for a couple of moments, when he then pointed to one ((next to Brotato's characters)). "{We haven't explored that one yet,}" he said as Cay turned to explore it. She took off her slippers as she went inside, and looked around in astonishment. It looked almost like... Like her old home. She held back tears and walked around, taking in the smooth feel of the concrete floors under her feet and ran her hand against the weathered oak walls, feeling it's sturdiness albeit it being old-feeling. She walked up the stairs, which had a mottled grey rug running down them, Shade on her shoulder as she held the sturdy railing and looked around the top floor. It had two big windows with a small balcony in between them. It was more or less furnished- It had a bed, drawers, a kitchen downstairs and a dining table with chairs- and she couldn't help feeling it was meant for her. She smiled and placed Nightshade down on the bed in case he wanted to sleep- his normal nocturnality was pretty much gone because of Cay's completely random sleep and activity schedule, if you can call it a schedule - and went downstairs to fix herself some food. She opened the cupboard to find it fully stocked, a welcoming sight. She felt bad and considered returning the food that she had stolen from the boy, but disregarded her hunch. He had tried to shoot her, after all. She sliced open a bag of grapes and poured it into a bowl, leaving water to run over it as she peeled a carrot and cut up lettuce. She took the bowl out, pouring the water out and turning off the faucet and finished making her salad, then put it on the table and brought down Shade for a 'family meal', after all he was her only family.

What a long and uneventful night it seemed to be for Bryce and his little dragon. His life had taken a turn for the better in one of the strangest ways imaginable, but he was glad it did. After all, his new abode made his old rancid apartment look like a cardboard box. Feeling a wee bit too distracted to pay attention to his computer screen, Bryce decided against continuing his ongoing venture into the internet, got up and headed towards the ladder leading into his small observation tower. He climbed up the ladder, through the small opening and sat down on the one lonely chair in the cubicle-like room with windows on every side, roughly four three stories above ground-level. He'd cleaned the tempered glass until it was as clear as air, and had re-wired and thoroughly polished the relays to the transmitter mounted atop the structure itself. The view was pretty sweet. The town seemed a lot less ghostly now, with lights coming from the surrounding houses. Yes, this seemed like a good spot for Bryce to practice his meditation.

BANG!

A loud noise pierced the relative silence and startled Bryce. It seemed to originate from his yard, so he immediately double-timed down the ladder and outside, grabbing his rifle and torch along the way. When he found the source of the noise, he was torn between getting angry or being relieved. It was Torque, holding a rock, pale as a ghost and sitting next to a shotgun shell that'd gone off.

Bryce gritted his teeth in frustration and simply walked over to his little whiptail, without so much as saying a word.

It was pretty clear what had happened, and thankfully it was also plenty clear that his hatchling was unharmed.

Torque dropped the rock, slowly looked at his carer, wide-eyed and visibly rattled.

Well?

I-I thought th-there were g-g-goodies in, in these. W-wh, what? Why did it?

Bryce knelt down and picked up the shell, examined it and confirmed his suspicion. Torque had been hitting it with a rock, trying to crack it open. He sighed and shook his head in disappointment. He'd already told Torque time and time again to keep his claws off the munitions. The two exchanged glances while Bryce tried to figure out what to say and how to discipline the hatchling.

Edited by Brotato

Bang!

Cay shot out of her seat as a familiar sound rang out from her neighbor's house. She cringed and walked out of the room, leaving Shade to eat his grapes.

"What the hell is going on out here?" She wondered aloud as she walked outside to see whatever confict was going on, but was greeted only by still, cold air. Then she heard talking, talking in Dragontongue no less. She ran over to where the voice came from. "Hello?" She shouted.

---(Alex)---

Bang!

{What the crap! Huh? Must have been dreaming...} I didn't realize the explosive noise had been real, since I was half asleep. Both of my hatchlings realized it though.

{Big scary noise outside!} They squeaked.

{Huh? I thought it was in my dream. Guess not. Let's... Go see?} I picked up Ocevo, who hadn't gotten any lighter, and carried her outside in my arms while Richard trotted along behind me. It sounded like the explosion had come from the right of me while lying face-up in my bed, so... It was over there! I hurried over, and once we got close, I knocked on the door of the house that I thought the explosion had come from. It seemed intact...

((You guys should.))

A boy ran up. "Hey, do you know what that was?" Cay asked. She looked about. There was more sounds. "Over there!" she said as she raced over to the hidden spot. "Hey, everyone okay down there?" She yelled.

BANG!

Esko jerked his head up when he heard a bang. He growled, his anger returning. I KNEW I shouldn't have stayed here! {Tulvir, Tabitha, we are going. Unless you wanna get killed, I suggest we go.}

That convinced the two Falconforms. They nodded and followed their human. Esko slid out a side window, followed by the two hatchlings, and instead of going towards the noise, he ran away from it, in the direction of his camp.

((Haha, he is running again >:3))

(Ah... i didn't want her to wake up yet, but.... ah, oh well. I iz bored. ~-3-~)

BANG

Shaquia woke up, startled. She ran out of her room, her hair looking like a afro. When she came outside, she almost shouted "What in the world was that?" She looked to the army house, where she thought the sound came from.

Shade fluttered out of the house and threw a can of SPAM at the running boy. "{You think gunshots are stronger than dragons? Their scales can take it, you're the coward,}" he said. Then he landed in Cay's arms. The human yelped in suprise, nearly dropping the housecat-sized brown dragonet. "Du-{Shade!}" Cay cried. "{Leave him alone, Shade, it's not worth it.}"

((That's a lot of overreactions. xd.png ))

Bryce sighed and ribbed his temples when the commotion started happening. He could hear his neighbors stirring from the noise, and was already picturing himself having to explain and calm down similarly frantic people who were afraid of what they didn't understand, just like he had to back in the town where he lived with his hatchling. Well, okay. Maybe not EXACTLY like that, he figured. These were likely just concerned people. At any rate, he exchanged glances with Torque and quietly said: Get inside. You're lucky I was just as obnoxiously curious when i was so little.

The hatchling didn't say anything, but gingerly scurried back inside, and lied back down in its cot.

Bryce threw away the now useless shotgun shell, when he heard someone asking if everyone was okay. Rifle still slung over his back, Bryce climbed over and hopped the fence separating his yard and the street.

The once peaceful ghost town-esque street was not littered with people and hatchlings. One was at his door, another was running around frantically, another was just standing there, all in all, that one shotgun shell had riled up a lot of people.

Great... -grumbled Bryce as he shook his head.

He casually walked over to the person at his door, and recognized the boy he'd met earlier before coming to town. An idea formed in his head.

Without speaking a word, he turned the mechanism to unlock his rather large metallic blastproof door, and opened it. Torque! -he called, and the whiptail was there before he could draw breath after that call.

Remember this person? Remember the hatchling he's with? -Bryce asked and patted Alex on the shoulder.

Torque squinted as he remembered how Ocevo had stolen his prized first catch. He was still steamed about it. Yes?

Good. You probably disturbed their sleep, you know. Now explain to them what you did. -Bryce said invitingly, as a small smile creeped across his face.

Torque immediately gritted his teeth and tried to cover his face with his claws. This was humiliating for him. The very last thing the little hatchling wanted was to be judged by someone he didn't like. I, I took something and mhmhmrmrmhm... -he trailed off with inaudible murmurs.

Speak up. I don't think he heard you.

Torque sighed and tried again. I took something I was told not to take and I hit it with a rock! -he blurted out.

Correct. Will you do it again?

No! -pleaded Torque. All he wanted was to go back inside at that point.

I should hope so. Off with you.

And he was gone before Bryce could finish his sentence.

Well, that should leave a longer lasting impression then a night without dinner at least. I'm just glad he didn't get his face blown off by that shotgun shell, or that he didn't take a grenade. -he commented, closed his front door and shrugged idly.

Edited by Brotato

((Derping until Dream posts and I can bring Mia back to the village... Actually, there was a timeskip, wasn't there? :3 Mia was walking back to the village anyway, with Zeditha guarding Hannah and Hazie.))

Mia walked back towards the village, holding Dianora in her arms. The annoyed Olive had long since gone to sleep, and she absently stroked the dark green scales as she enjoyed the walk. She crested the rise where Yawela would normally be, and spotted the Guardian sleeping, one ear raised and alert, near the edge of the pass out of the village. She smiled, and deposited Dianora in the crook of Yawela's curl before stroking the larger dragon between the ears. Now cold without the warmth of her sleeping reptile, Mia rubbed her arms as she walked towards her house. Salema was slumbering outside, sprawled on the ground without a care for the cold. Mia reached down to stroke the nearest scaly ear when suddenly -

Bang.

"****!" She shouted, jumping back. "What was that?" Salema woke up, startled, and looked up sleepily at her human, then shrugged and curled up again. Yawela was over in an instant, though, bounding as fast as she could without dislodging Dianora, who was still asleep and on Yawela's tail. {What happened?} Mia and Yawela said together. With a slight smile, Mia moved Dianora to Salema and sat in Yawela's tail herself, holding on tightly to the blunt spikes that surrounded the sled. Yawela, with a quick check to make sure Mia was in place, spread her wings and flew above the town, checking for the source of the noise. Her sharp eyes picked out a very startled Whiptail and an annoyed human, and she flew lower just in time to hear Torque's explanation. "Well that explains the noise..." said Mia, relaxing. "Hey, I haven't seen you around before..." She knocked on the door. "Hello? Sorry to bother you, but are you new here? What is it, Yawela?" She called the first part, but turned to the blue dragon for the last bit. "Oh..." She spotted someone else, with two Falconiforms in tow, running away. She looked briefly between the door and the person, then rolled her eyes and directed Yawela to the person. "Bring them here..." she said. Yawela smiled and ran over to the Falconiforms. {Hey, do you want another tail-ride?} She asked, waving her tail invitingly. {It's be the last you ever get, since your human wants to leave here and never come back...}

Esko had been running when BAM! A can of Specially Processed American Meat ((SPAM)) had hit him in the head. Hey! This was MINE! He looked backwards. THANKS FOR THR FOOD BACK!He yelled and then kept running.

Esko looked up in anger when the Guardian and...a girl....stopped him. His snarl intensified when the Guardian offered them a ride. Not here! Not when I am SO CLOSE! He didn't like being an *ss, though he never realized when he did. He grabbed the two hatchlings in his arms. {NO!} He said to them, as he was running.

The Falconforms had blank faces at first. Then Tulvir and Tabitha giggled. {YAY THIS IS FUNNER!} they shouted at the same time, giggling more. Score. He thought, smiling. If these guys were big enough, they could fly him there, but sadly, they could not. They will be able to someday. And then if I hadn't come out by now, I will then.

((I type anymore and my dad will go nuts -.-))

Edited by Esko_the_Wolf

Contalia woke up with a start. She got out of the tangled pile that was the hatchlings sleeping together. As she got up she heard a faint echo. BANG,Bang,bang.... The moon was high and the stars were very bright and it was quite cold on the mountaintop. Earlier, as Baltia didn't get a response from the GotE they had decided to get some sleep and try again later. After all, flying for most of the day was exhausting.

She listened; a fox was chattering nearby. Sadly none of those tail-less mini-dragons were making their sound at this time. Birds, that's what they were. Daryl had mentioned them. She shuddered. Daryl. No matter what she did, she couldn't forget what he had done. Humans were dangerous. I won't let myself get attached to one ever again She thought to herself. She stretched her wings, moving the cramped and painful muscles and went in search of some food for herself and the others.

((This is your cue, Zed))

"Like I would want to touch dragon censorkip.gif..." muttered Hannah, glancing at her broken, smoking iPhone 6 on the bed. Her only connection to the modern world was gone. Great. How was she supposed to contact her father now? Or get more money, should she run out of NPR? "That s censorkip.gif ty ass piece of dragon sh censorkip.gif..." Grumbling internally, she tugged on the leash and Hazie came to her obediently, shaking slightly, unsure of her owner's current mood. Hannah paid no mind to her hatchling, merely walking towards the door where Zeditha was waiting.

"Well? Lead the way, I have no censorkip.gif ing clue where the damn sh censorkip.gif ty village is, b censorkip.gif," snapped Hannah, her annoyance with her broken phone still evident. "I mean, come on! They could've trashed the TV or the bedside table or even the hotel phone but noooo, it had to be MY censorkip.gif ING PHONE!! Genius b censorkip.gif es, all of them."

<OOC: Nothing like filling a post full with censor emoticons. Oh Hannah, you simply brighten my day.>

((Timeskip happened. They got roughly to the village.))

Zeditha flew off the door handle and through the corridors, sniffing for the faint smell-traces of Mia and following that as she headed to the village. She checked behind her every minute or so, in case Hannah decided to stop following.

~Timeskip~

Zeditha got to the village, climbing the hill towards the pass when there was a sudden bang. Yawela shot up, then moved Dianora to her tail before running off towards the sound. Zeditha looked back. "Ignore the sound. Yawela is taking care of that." She continued on up the pass, into the village.

Yawela sighed. {Fetch your stuff in the morning. The dragons stay here.} Suddenly, she had an idea. She could carry all three of them when running, she maybe she could fly with them! She grinned, then flew into the air and tackled Esko, wrapping her scaly arms around him in a hug.

Baltia woke up. {We're nearly there,} she said. {The village is just over the hill here. There's a lake, we can fish...} She shook the sleep from her limbs and readied to fly once more.

Esko finally fealt triumphant when whomf! The Guardian wrapped him in its arms. He flailed, kicking and muttering rather offensive things. He was not going to stay here, he could not. This is censorkip.gif ING prison. I don't need to be censorkip.gif ing here, why would I? Why do the dragons need to be here? Why can't they explore, like me? WHY DID I censorkip.gif ING SIGN UP FOR THIS!! That purple dragon, she never told me I would have to stay in ONE PLACE with these dragons! If she did, I would have NEVER. I would give up taking care of dragons for exploring!

Welp, no turning back now. I am stuck with these dragons, one way or another. Blasted. He cursed to himself as he was carried away.

((I think he is turning out more like my character in Mistland xd.png

Also, did I godmod a bit? I just assumed he would be carried away unsure.gif ))