RWyvern

RWyvern's Sketches~~

No problem RW biggrin.gif I'm also on a hiatus, sadly. I might draw after this week though, end of exams (finally! No more lectures!), heh.

Had to stare quite long at the skull-wearing guy, couldn't tell how the head looked like haha.

And a Khasrian native has been designed (literally finished it not more than an hour ago). This one is thanks to a collaborative effort between me and a friend. She came up with the initial idea and sketch, and after some discussion as to what its features should be, its lifestyle etc, I drew up the finished creature. They basically wear the skulls of larger creatures on their heads (held in place with two long prehensile tendrils), live in cave systems and feed by prising medusozoas off the walls and ceiling with those long tendril things on the sides of their mouth.

This one is wearing the skull of a juvenile burega

I just want to say that this is super awesome, in both concept and the drawing. All of your skeletons are really amazing as well, and so realistic. I've always been impressed by your stuff (I saw a lot of it in Sock's Ask-A-Mod thread). :3

To be honest, I used to design a bunch of weird creatures like that when I was really young, but then didn't do any for ages. So when I finally started developing my own serious fictional world, I was out of practice and have largely neglected the fauna aspect of it other than generic mentions of creatures, in favor of focusing on the civilization. It's been 6 years since I started conceptualizing and working out the details, so I really should work on the animals because it's holding the whole creation back. Inspiration is just hard, and it doesn't come as easily as when I was a kid...

Sorry for the random personal thing, but your creature designs just reminded me of that! Keep doing the cool art; you're great. <3