Ansela Jonla

Blue-Banded breeding plans

Soooo doing this as a checker!:

user posted imageuser posted image

I know they don't go the best together, but I think I'm going to enjoy making a lineage from these two.

Edited by 20mia08

Soooo doing this as a checker!:

user posted imageuser posted image

I know they don't go the best together, but I think I'm going to enjoy making a lineage from these two.

I hate to burst your bubble, but... the one on the left is a Glaucus Drake.

DC Drakes cannot breed with normal dragons. They can only breed with other drakes. Since Blue-Banded dragons are not drakes this checker is, sadly, impossible.

daba555 and edwardelricfreak, i can breed two eggs from mine for each of you, if you want, no problem. you just have to search for matching rosebuds on next valentine day then huh.gif

I'm not completely happy with anything yet, but so far I'd put them with Brutes, Male red coppers, FemaleTerrae, and possibly Black-capped Teimarrs (in about that order). The Blue-Banded are so overwhelmingly BLUE that they either need something else equally BLUE, or something completely different.

(Also, I see the location for egg and hatchling images, but where are you guys getting the adult sprites to post here?)

Edited by Gryphonic

(Also, I see the location for egg and hatchling images, but where are you guys getting the adult sprites to post here?)

Personally I use the wiki for adult images.

DC Wiki pages of dragons => right-click on the sprite => select "copy image location" (or whatever your browser calls that - shouldn't be all too different)

Uuuuuuuuuuuuuugh I wish Drakes could breed with everything else! :(

Blue-Banded would look SO. GOOD. with Glaucus Drakes!

I second that! ;_; I'd love to do a LC lineage of Blue-Bandeds, Frostbites, and Glaucus Drakes... *sigh* I suppose I'll have to be content with just breeding them with Frostbites, Moonstones, maybe Coastal Waverunners or Royal Blues? Bleeding Moons do look nice too, but I'm hesitant to use them in a lineage since they tend to dominate over the other breeds they're paired with... :/

user posted imagexuser posted image

user posted imagexuser posted image

I absolutely love these pairings!! They're both so pretty.

I was also toying with the idea of Banded x Black.

user posted image x user posted image

I second that! ;_; I'd love to do a LC lineage of Blue-Bandeds, Frostbites, and Glaucus Drakes... *sigh* I suppose I'll have to be content with just breeding them with Frostbites, Moonstones, maybe Coastal Waverunners or Royal Blues? Bleeding Moons do look nice too, but I'm hesitant to use them in a lineage since they tend to dominate over the other breeds they're paired with... :/

I wouldn't worry too much about the dominance of BMs in a lineage since Blue-Banded seem to be pretty common themselves and they are also new.

Normally I have problems getting anything but BMs when I pair them with older breeds but not with new, common breeds.

I personally like them with Royal Blues, Sunrise and Tangars (even though I am not a fan of them) but I'll probably stay clear of any lineages involving Blue Banded dragons since I am not really fond of them. rolleyes.gif

I don't think anyone's mentioned Royal Blues yet, Nevermind someone already mentioned them xd.png

I really am liking the Royal Blue combination biggrin.gif

Edited by Saynna

Currently working on a blue banded x silver kind of arrow at the moment.

I admit it was kind of a derp moment......

Has anyone bred these with Stripes and got a Stripe offspring? I want to know if they make a blue Stripe or a white Stripe. I've tried and only gotten Blue-Banded offspring so I don't know.

Has anyone bred these with Stripes and got a Stripe offspring? I want to know if they make a blue Stripe or a white Stripe. I've tried and only gotten Blue-Banded offspring so I don't know.

LOL I just tried my one open cb stripe for you and got a refusal. rolleyes.gif

I'm pretty sure I remember some stripe conversation about blue bandeds somewhere, but can't remember the conclusion.