dustpuppy

Cassare breeding plans

Has anyone bred them with Magmas yet? I Think they look very nice in the lineage view, they go best with the female Magma.

Yeah, they're just not checker material. Seems Cassare are neutral, unfortunately, so best we could make is stairs with them.

Neutrals can make nice EGs despite that! You could breed Cassares from a GoN base checker and it'd be an interesting lineage. (I know I'm biased because I love base checkers, but still.)

Ooh I do really love that. Don't know if I'll get around to it myself though, as Sweetlings dominate my scroll space at Valentine's. tongue.gif

Edited by Dimar

I did a couple more, since people seem to be really liking the Magi pairing. =) I also did a Radiant Angel. Does anyone have a 4 or 5g yet? I need the leetle pictures for my matrixes. I would really love to see what these guys look like next to Solstices as well, so if anyone has a 4 or 5G with one of those in the lineage somewhere I would greatly appreciate being able to snag that leetle image, too.

Magi x Cassare

Cassare x Magi

Radiant x Cassare

I'm thinking about doing this with Thunders or maybe Ice... Hmm... I bet these would be pretty with Skywings.

EDIT: I put together the Grey matrixes for you, Ruby. smile.gif I also did the GWs, since I think there were a couple of people that mentioned that. What do yall think of the Turp one? Did that on a lark, and the more I look at it the more I like it. xd.png I'm including the Solstice matrix, though now that I am seeing it all chopped to bits like this, I'm not sure if I like it...

Grey x Cassare

Cassare x Grey

GW x Cassare

Cassare x GW

Cassare x Turp

Cassare x Solstice

EDIT: Last one for now lol with female Skywings. Lovely contrast.

Oh my goodness!! I never thought of the radiant pairing, but seeing it---just WOW! ^-^

EDIT: I put together the Grey matrixes for you, Ruby. :) I also did the GWs, since I think there were a couple of people that mentioned that. What do yall think of the Turp one? Did that on a lark, and the more I look at it the more I like it. XD I'm including the Solstice matrix, though now that I am seeing it all chopped to bits like this, I'm not sure if I like it...

Grey x Cassare

Cassare x Grey

GW x Cassare

Cassare x GW

Cassare x Turp

Cassare x Solstice

EDIT: Last one for now lol with female Skywings. Lovely contrast.

Wow! I love all of those, but especially both Greys, female GW, Solstices, and Skywing. The Turps and male GWs look nice but not nearly as much.

A checker or something with only the female Golds would look good. Lineage view male Golds are a bit too big compared to the Cassares, but the females look like they were scaled down to be about the same size.

A checker or something with only the female Golds would look good. Lineage view male Golds are a bit too big compared to the Cassares, but the females look like they were scaled down to be about the same size.

I agree, but getting a second female CB gold then waiting for her to produce another gold and pray that the 2nd gens wouldnt refuse would take too long tongue.gif

What does Cassare x GoN = ??

So far, it looks like the Cassare dragons are neutral and produce no avatars. Check out this topic for a cheat sheet. smile.gif

Yeah, they're just not checker material. Seems Cassare are neutral, unfortunately, so best we could make is stairs with them.

I've never come across the term "neutral" in DC before... but obviously has to do with their ability to breed? Are they actually incapable of laying eggs of the mate's breed? That would explain why they just don't want to lay Ember eggs.

But are they incapable or is the probability just much lower than for other common breeds?

I've never come across the term "neutral" in DC before... but obviously has to do with their ability to breed? Are they actually incapable of laying eggs of the mate's breed? That would explain why they just don't want to lay Ember eggs.

But are they incapable or is the probability just much lower than for other common breeds?

It's in reference to breeding them with Guardians of Nature and means they don't produce any of the three avatars; they'll always produce cassare eggs with a Guardian of Nature if they produce an egg at all (which in turn limits the lineage patterns you can make with cassares and GoNs).

(There's an overview on avatar breeding on the Dragon Cave wikia fansite if you want more information.)

Edited by pinkgothic

It's in reference to breeding them with Guardians of Nature and means they don't produce any of the three avatars; they'll always produce cassare eggs with a Guardian of Nature if they produce an egg at all (which in turn limits the lineage patterns you can make with cassares and GoNs).

Okay, but has it got anything to do with them not being "checker-material"?

Or different question: has anybody bred Cassare with another breed and got an egg of the other breed?

Edited by Ashtoret

Okay, but has it got anything to do with them not being "checker-material"?

Or different question: has anybody bred Cassare with another breed and got an egg of the other breed?

It has everything to do with them not being checker material when paired with Guardians of Nature, which is what the post you quoted was referring to. smile.gif

It has nothing to do with them being checker material when paired with other species, however.

Hope that helps!

Ahhh alright. I didn't know the post referred just to GoNs.

Well then my 70 tries to get an Ember egg out of that combination were just normal fails... and I'm gonna keep trying biggrin.gif

Thanks for the help.

user posted image

Why is this so beautiful? So many lineages I want to work on. D|

Has anybody made any progress with this line yet?

Anyone got any ideas for Cassares with the breeds since 2015? XD

Well, I think they'd look really nice with bronze Shimmers, but I can't test that!  :P 

I do like them with Kohrakis, though!  And I don't remember when Candelebras came out, but they go really well with Cassares. 

They would look nice with Freckles and maybe Skysilks, too!

Edited by sorenna

Iratus Cantormaris, Ke'maro, Volcano Zyumorph? ... Apparently I like them with all the red-black things.

image.png.37bcdb80c454193340abda19c1610046.png 

image.png.692f2b0b6856cd90781dd3918b698bfa.png 

image.png.273d5acd3b25e98aa9629aa85f6208c6.png

... Or purple things, for example Galvanic:

image.png.34104dacdbf0afc42482fa33eacda58b.png

Edited by Confused Cat