edwardelricfreak

Carmine breeding plans!

So, I basically looked at the lineage views of TJ's dragon and CBs of the other kinds listed below and compared them next to each other to get a really good idea of what a lineage with the Carmine x whatever would look like. I'm just going to use the full sprites for this post, but just know that that's what I did. :P

I'm also only posting sprites of the ones I like together, not the ones I hate. For the ones I don't like, you can go look them up yourself.

The lineage view, from what I can see using TJ's Carmines, shows the head, neck, and whole right wing (our left). The Carmine's left wing and the rest of the body after that is hidden from view.

Pink and red things:

user posted imageuser posted image

-I'm not sure why many are wanting to breed the Carmines to the Flamingos. o3o;; I can see maybe using the females, but from what I saw, male Flamingos look gross with Carmines. I guess maybe that's just me? The salmon-pink of the males just looks absolutely awful with the cool red and light slightly purpleish pink of the Carmine. The female is a bit better, but I personally don't think it's the best to use. Regular Pinks would look lovely with them, though.

-Black Teas are disgustingly too salmon with them and fill too much space in lineage view.

-Male Pinks would look nice as they are in similar poses, so they show just about as much of the dragons. Female Pinks take up a bit too much, but they aren't bad. Their light Pink really draws out the pink on the Carmines. They remind me of the regular pink and red lineages I see, but they look even better because of the pink accent on the Carmines.

-I actually thought Speckle-Throats weren't going to look all that great, but both of them actually look really good in lineage view with the Carmines!

-Radiant Angels look gorgeous with them and Sweetlings just look adorable! I think the black Sweetlings look even better with them.

-For the other Valentine's dragons, Val '09s are too reddish/salmon pink, Arsani are too dark, Rosebud are okay but are a bit bright, and Heartseekers are also a bit too bright and are a bit boring because it's mostly just red in that case.

-Strangely, though Heartseekers seem to make the lineage look "too red", regular Reds look good, although they are a bit more saturated than Carmines.

-Sunrises look pretty good with them, too.

-Springs are...meh. I thought the pink would look good, but the Spring's pink just isn't as light and is slightly too salmony.

Non-pink or red things:

-Bleeding Moons actually look nice with them. I like the males a bit more, because I think the females fill a little too much space in lineage view.

-Deep Seas and Waverunners aren't half bad either. I like the Waverunners more, I think.

-Male Swallowtails look nice in general, though I wish the red on them was more prevalent.

-I really love Terrae with them!

-Oddly enough, I think male Tangars look good with them, too.

-Vines look great with their red accents.

-Fevers are also pretty.

-Skywings make for a very bright and interesting lineage.

-Female Silvers are simple, but pretty.

Darn, you beat me to posting the Sweetlings! I always check those first. Other than Sweets, I like Carmines with male Bleeding Moons and female Silvers. That's really all I've found, though. I'm not sure how I feel about their lineage view.

I'm really liking Carmines with:

Balloons

Black Teas

Flamingos

Pinks

Reds

Royal Crimsons

Sunstones

And... pretty much any of the Valentines!

I didn't think I would like flamingos but that up there looks good!

I really like them with speckle-throats just for the poses. =o

I like the reds, although I thought reds would be too bulky to look good.

I thought I might like fever, but I don't really.

Skywing looks interesting.

I like these two a lot, too:

I want to like these but I'm not totally sold:

I like this one just for the opposite affect of their necks, but I wouldn't build a lineage just for it.

~

It all looks different in lineage view, though, so I'm excited to see test lineages and such when they can start cropping up. o3o

I've already decided to try them with my alt sweetlings come Thursday, their colors look like they'll go well together.

Ooh, I was thinking about those together, but I thought "nah.."

Now that I see it again, I love it! Maybe it's because they're both done by JOTB :P

I'll probably just add them to my Wyverns project for now, but apart from that my favourite combinations at the moment are:

I agree the male flamingo doesn't go as well as the female (the biggest hurdle for flamingos with any breed is how different the pinks are) but I'm glad the female is showing up here. Really I like the idea of mixing a posturing dragon with an actual agressive dragon and the colors seem to mesh to me o3o

Oh, I love how they look! Especially with bleeding moon, deep sea, terrae, skywing and falcon. But my favourite so far is tsunami wink.gif

From me (I like first, third and last the most):

user posted imageuser posted image <-- I've been expecting something nicer here, but I'm posting it anyway, since it was my first idea, when I saw carmines smile.gif

Edited by irercha

Ooh, I thought about trying with yellow crowned and tsunami and didn't, but those also both look great!

Most of these look great, I think this is going to be one of those breeds that goes with almost anything. My favorite is the one with male pinks. That one made me go and grab another egg.

The only mates that are doing it for me so far are the Radiant Angels. Contrary to popular opinion, alas, I don't really like them with pretty much anything else, even my beloved Tsunamis. MAYBE with Royal Blues?...

I'd love these with Blacks! I think they'd make a pretty checker.

Also want to breed some with my Old Pink ladies. <3

Really liking a lot of the combinations here! Unfortunately the small amount of dragon that actually shows in lineage view is resulting in the pairings looking less pretty in practice then hoped ;___; </3 /keeps quietly hoping for a full view lineage option

Also, are they being rather stubborn for anyone else? Just got two no interests from three pairs, as opposed to getting eggs from all three of the brown ones I just tried.

Really liking a lot of the combinations here! Unfortunately the small amount of dragon that actually shows in lineage view is resulting in the pairings looking less pretty in practice then hoped ;___; </3 /keeps quietly hoping for a full view lineage option

Also, are they being rather stubborn for anyone else? Just got two no interests from three pairs, as opposed to getting eggs from all three of the brown ones I just tried.

I got a refusal with a black tip, a carmine from a blacktip, and a no interest with a blue-band. I do often find I get a lot of no interest or other partner eggs the breeding right after they grow up for new releases. (If I wanna do a checker, I try the pairing, hope I get the other partner - if not, I know I'll have to wait like a year before I finally breed that less new common partner, lol.)

So they did seem picky but it could just be a fluke/coincidence. I'll wait and see after a few more breedings. o3o

I'm planning on doing a Male Harvest X Female Carmine lineage

(if you don't get why the Perverts of DC have yet to get you)

The first breed I thought of matching the Carmine's with when I saw the adult sprite was Royal Crimson and I really like the pairing~ <3 http://dragcave.net/lineage/rZFjq

Actually, the very first thing I thought they'd look good with was the brown Spriter's Alt. Sweetling. :3 Hehehe.