TJ09

2014-07-05 - July Release

What makes you say this? Just curious.

When I grabbed my first batch of eggs, they were the ones I got five of and had to wait to AP so I could get the others.

I think people are under the assumption that these are rare because they drop in more than one biome.

I think people are under the assumption that these are rare because they drop in more than one biome.

ME I am assuming they are rare because they are my favourites of this lot smile.gif

And so, sod's law, that is how it will be... xd.png

user posted image

user posted image

These guys' body structure looks very similar.

Yes,they do!I didn't find that.

Edited by Mercury

Back from vacation and caught all three of them fairly quickly.

Oddly enough, that's why I think that they'll be common. xd.png

With the ability to control some of the Coppers we can breed by using dragons from various biomes, having more dragons that drop in multiple biomes allows us to take greater advantage of that feature. And since TJ added the info on which biome the dragons are caught in, I wouldn't be at all surprised if this breeding feature - the color manipulation we have in Coppers because of biome - is expanded in future dragons.

But since it seems likely that any future dragons with multiple color sprites have an increased likelihood of being picked up faster than other dragons, I would expect that most single color sprite dragons that drop in multi/all biomes to be more common, sort of like the Lumina.

Also, I still get the feeling that this dragon either has a BSA, has one intended for it in the future, or is just clearly full of future BSA potential given their ability to weaken magic, in which case I don't think they'd be too rare.

Oh boy! biggrin.gif Thanks!

(I know, late reply. I was away on vacation and just remembered about this xd.png)

Caught two blue striped eggs very easily, but yet to see any of the others. Waiting for another drop to grab some.

Edit;; got the others!

Edited by WolfLover8

I would expect that most single color sprite dragons that drop in multi/all biomes to be more common, sort of like the Lumina.

I agree with everything you have, Skauble, especially this part. I don't think there is any reason to believe that a dragon is common or rare based on the fact that we are still in the middle of what seems to be a fairly frequent drop for the second day of the release. But the Lumina was also meant to be a Christmas dragon, if I recall.

Until these babies have dropped or not dropped for at least a week (or a spriter/concept artist hops in to tell us one way or another), we can't really make assumptions.

Also, stage 2 cracks! Wooh!

The pink/red hatchie looks like a chicken now. Huh.

Am i the only one who dislikes really-small hatchlings? Maybe it's my eyesight but I cannot seem to figure out what's what on that blue one. Maybe it's because the colors sort of blend together.

Edited by Marie19R

Personally I feel like the uneasy egg is on the uncommon/not-that-common-but-not-rare-either side much like magis or blacks or whites.

Also, I still get the feeling that this dragon either has a BSA, has one intended for it in the future, or is just clearly full of future BSA potential given their ability to weaken magic, in which case I don't think they'd be too rare.

Same! I've been having fun running potential BSAs for them in my head - and if they don't get one automatically, what I might suggest in the BSA section that would fit them. laugh.gif

A release!? On my BIRTHDAY!? ohmy.gif Amazing! Wasn't here for it because I was busy yesterday, but awesome!!! Thanks TJ and spriters! xd.png

edit: Got me my eggs! Love the blue-striped one; so adorable! >w<

Edited by Kira-san

Same! I've been having fun running potential BSAs for them in my head - and if they don't get one automatically, what I might suggest in the BSA section that would fit them.  laugh.gif

It actually brought to mind your unfreezing thread. After all, if freezing is a spell and these dragons can weaken magic then maybe there could be a way for these guys to weaken the magic enough for it to disappear and the hatchling to grow.

I also wondered what would happened if I put them next to my Cheese and Paper dragons? Would I come back later to a snack and a notebook?!? ohmy.gif

where is the 3rd one dropping?

You mean the brownish egg? It drops in all biomes. The striped drops in the Alpine and the pink egg is in the Jungle. Since the brown egg drops in all biomes, it's more spread out and not as focused as the others, so it may be slightly harder to get.

You mean the brownish egg? It drops in all biomes. The striped drops in the Alpine and the pink egg is in the Jungle. Since the brown egg drops in all biomes, it's more spread out and not as focused as the others, so it may be slightly harder to get.

yeah. okay, thanks for the info smile.gif

It actually brought to mind your unfreezing thread.  After all, if freezing is a spell and these dragons can weaken magic then maybe there could be a way for these guys to weaken the magic enough for it to disappear and the hatchling to grow.

I also wondered what would happened if I put them next to my Cheese and Paper dragons?  Would I come back later to a snack and a notebook?!?  :o

Oooh I hope so! I read somewhere that Nectaris originally wanted the Turps to be able to get rid of a dragon's name, allowing you to rename it, but thought it would lower the chances of them getting in cave (and then TJ added in the renaming function before releasing the Turps anyway), so maybe she planned something to undo freezing? o: That's the only magic I can think of that would make lots of sense to undo, but who knowsssss?

On top of that, I hope the Magi, Blacks, and Soulpeaces don't have too much of a tough time when hanging around them. :P Maybe the uneasy dragons also mess with the Sunsongs and make them all glitchy-looking. XD

The uneasys seem to be slowing down significantly whereas the other two are still plentiful. A sign that uneasy's are uncommon or rare, perhaps?

Edited by sonseray

The uneasy's seem to be slowing down significantly whereas the other two are still plentiful. A sign that uneasy's are uncommon or rare, perhaps?

I think it's the "false rare" phenomenon. People are talking about them being rare, so they are being scooped up faster. I've seen a lot of them drop. More of them then the older eggs that are mixed in.

The uneasy's seem to be slowing down significantly whereas the other two are still plentiful. A sign that uneasy's are uncommon or rare, perhaps?

In part I think that's probably natural. If an egg falls in multiple biomes then it will have to fall less in each individual biome just to maintain the same level of commonality as other common breeds. So let's say 60 Canopy eggs dropped in the Jungle in a day. Even if the Uneasy eggs have the exact same commoness, if they dropped in all biomes then you'd only see 10 in the Jungle during that day because 10 Uneasy eggs in every biome would equal the Canopies 60 but still seem like less to those hunting in a given biome.

I've been quick to denounce them as common too, up until now. It seems like they're really slowing down though. I think they're uncommon, probably. Maybe around Golden Wyvern rarity.

I have a feeling the uneasy's are a rare breed.

I'm with you on that one. I'm also inclined to lean metallic.

given that I just caught 2 of each within about 3 mins, it doesn't really look like any are less common than the others to me.