Anak

The Common Cold

Everyone gets colds all the time, and no one likes them. So how about we all share our experiences with them?

Let's just say that I have a cold, and I probably won't be sleeping tonight.

Meh, I get plenty of fevers, but rarely any colds.

Now viruses are serious business.

I'd say that both colds and fevers are somewhat common for me, though luckily I'm usually able to fall asleep more easily with a cough (or fever) using medication.

My worst cold? I'm not sure if this really counts, but I had an on-and-off cold for around two months in the winter that affected my ability to function normally in school.

Edited by Bacon_Strips

Colds are awesome. I think they're a beautiful example of the diversity and continued evolution of viruses, and are one of the most historically important sicknesses in human history. Human prehistory, even.

Ok so no I don't like getting sick, but shh... I'm trying to pay reverence to the potency of nature, here.

Mine get really bad. I cough so much I can hardly breathe. Barely even an exaggeration. I have asthma as well so that doesnt help either

My sister has a really bad cough right now. She is coughing a lot and its about 1:30 AM right now so it is keeping her awake.

Colds are awesome. I think they're a beautiful example of the diversity and continued evolution of viruses, and are one of the most historically important sicknesses in human history. Human prehistory, even.

Ok so no I don't like getting sick, but shh... I'm trying to pay reverence to the potency of nature, here.

huh.gif Whut? Probably...

I dislike colds as there would be difficulty in breathing, food tastes bland.

The good thing about it is that sleeping is more... fun? I can't find the right term. Wait, sleeping is more enjoyable. This is as compared to having toothache. You want to sleep but cannot. tongue.gif Other aches and illnesses makes you want to sleep.

I am allergic to pretty much all over the counter pain medications, including everything that goes into the best cold meds. >_> So colds are pure torture for me. I can't take anything to reduce the swelling in my throat, so I can't sleep due to the severe pain. That means that I take longer to heal.

What I hate most about getting a cold is when your nose gets all 'runny'.

What I hate most about colds is when my nose gets ****ING BLOCKED AND MY TROAT SWELLS UP AND EVERY BREATH I TAKE IS A BATTLE OF AGONY.

Runny nose for me usually means that my nose isn't blocked and I can breathe.

I.HATE.COLDS. HATE THEM!!! Stuffy nose is the worst. I get viruses far more often than colds, but colds are annoying to. I'd rather have the Annoying Orange in my kitchen forever that get a cold.

I am allergic to pretty much all over the counter pain medications, including everything that goes into the best cold meds. >_> So colds are pure torture for me. I can't take anything to reduce the swelling in my throat, so I can't sleep due to the severe pain. That means that I take longer to heal.

That sucks. sad.gif I hope things don't get to bad.

My sister is coughing every 5 minutes right now and she has maybe a slight fever (99.3 fahrenheit).