Obscure_Trash

Emotional Support

What love after they f'd me over like that? There would be no love. I'd want the best for them? BWAHAHAHA! No, actually, I'd want them to slowly rot alive. At least, until I got over it.

"Oh Jeez, baby, you just ripped my guts out and ground them into the dust with your boot heel on top of it and stabbed me in the back up to the hilt with a big, fat butcher knife...but here, let me HELP you be happy with the person you just f'd me over with, it's my pleasure! biggrin.gif In fact, I'll pay for the moving van and for a romantic dinner for you two as well to start you off on a GREAT new beginning in your precious love nest and wonderful new lives....as I bleed all over the floor.... but please, don't mind me... I'll make sure I don't get my BLOOD all over you, it's the LEAST I can do for two such beautiful, brilliant individuals! biggrin.gif" dry.gif Riiiiight. What fantasy land are you living in? Never heard of it.

You are only a fool if you make yourself one.

My point.

Edited by MedievalMystic

What love after they f'd me over like that? There would be no love. I'd want the best for them? BWAHAHAHA! No, actually, I'd want them to slowly rot alive. At least, until I got over it.

"Oh Jeez, baby, you just ripped my guts out and ground them into the dust with your boot heel on top of it and stabbed me in the back up to the hilt with a big, fat butcher knife...but here, let me HELP you be happy with the person you just f'd me over with, it's my pleasure! biggrin.gif In fact, I'll pay for the moving van and for a romantic dinner for you two as well to start you off on a GREAT new beginning in your precious love nest and wonderful new lives....as I bleed all over the floor.... but please, don't mind me... I'll make sure I don't get my BLOOD all over you, it's the LEAST I can do for two such beautiful, brilliant individuals! biggrin.gif" dry.gif Riiiiight. What fantasy land are you living in? Never heard of it.

My point.

If you can so easily turn off loving someone - way to go you. We aren't all that lucky.

But someone making a choice that you or I think unwise does not necessarily make them a fool. If it is the right choice for THEM - good luck to them.

That's...some major ridiculousness. I can't even begin to imagine doing that. I'm very curious...do you somehow think that makes you a good/better person? I can't wrap my head around the motive. Helping someone who deserves help is one thing, helping someone that just spit in your face...well, let's just say that I don't personally see that as noble, good or smart. It's mind boggling and imo, self destructive. I wouldn't respect myself if I helped someone 'be happy' with the person they cheated on me with, after they completely disrespected me, betrayed me and stomped my feelings into the dirt. Did this chick indicate she needed 'help'? If not, what were you doing and what possessed you to presume to do so? I don't get it. To me, in my eyes, helping such a person, even if they asked, and I can't imagine any reason why they would, wouldn't make me good, it would make me a fool.

The point of being a teenager is to make mistakes smile.gif As I said, that's what I used to be like. I've moved on in the ten years since, and learned my lesson. But this isn't about dissecting my errors, it's about lending advice & support. The main point is that people do sometimes go too far in helping and it only ends up in tears, so hopefully Sock will not go so far.

The second, the instant, someone nails me to the wall and betrays me, I have nothing, not a single thing, for them. Period. Love can turn to hate real quick in those circumstances.

But someone making a choice that you or I think unwise does not necessarily make them a fool. If it is the right choice for THEM - good luck to them.

People make choices all the time that aren't good for them. I didn't call anyone a fool personally. I said I'd feel like a fool and see myself as a fool if I made that kind of choice, which I never would. In my eyes, if it looks like a duck, sounds like a duck and walks like a duck...

We all have opinions.

The point of being a teenager is to make mistakes

You were a young kid when this went down? Well, that explains everything. Sorry about the misunderstanding. I thought you were talking about something recent and just couldn't grasp your mindset and was curious about it.

Edited by MedievalMystic

The second, the instant, someone nails me to the wall and betrays me, I have nothing, not a single thing, for them. Period. Love can turn to hate real quick in those circumstances.

You are lucky things are so black and white for you. For me there are more shades of grey.

Going too far in helping is one thing, and I hope Socky will be OK, too. Turning off love is not something that most people can do just like that.

Fuzz, back in the day when I was younger there were quite a few shades of gray. Now that I'm a lot older, and wiser, there aren't. I AM lucky that some things...not all things...are black and white in my world. It saves me a lot of misery and hassle. I know when to quit and I know it quick. I don't make excuses for people anymore. I quit that crap a long time ago. Someone is either an asset in my world or they're a liability. If they turn out to be a liability, don't let the door hit you on the way out. Nice and oh so simple. Life is BEAUTIFUL when it's simplified. I just flat out don't put up with other people's BS anymore. I don't like misery, anxiety, stress and worry. If someone brings me that kind of negativity the majority of the time, they aren't welcome in my world anymore and I won't miss them. Simple as that.

And all of this conversation is good advice for people to ponder.

Edited by MedievalMystic

Fuzz, back in the day when I was younger there were quite a few shades of gray. Now that I'm a lot older, and wiser, there aren't. I AM lucky that some things...not all things...are black and white in my world. It saves me a lot of misery and hassle. I know when to quit and I know it quick. I don't make excuses for people anymore. I quit that crap a long time ago. Someone is either an asset in my world or they're a liability. If they turn out to be a liability, don't let the door hit you on the way out. Nice and oh so simple. Life is BEAUTIFUL when it's simplified. I just flat out don't put up with other people's BS anymore. I don't like misery, anxiety, stress and worry. If someone brings me that kind of negativity the majority of the time, they aren't welcome in my world anymore and I won't miss them. Simple as that.

And all of this conversation is good advice for people to ponder.

I'm 70 years old. I've been through all sorts of hell in my time. That's how I learned that black and white aren't always that rigid. That there are horses for courses and sometimes what seems dotty to me is right for someone else. Not to mention that people DO change and it can be worth waiting for that to happen.

Nor is that the same as making excuses for anyone. I don't excuse the appalling; I do try to understand - even while I may be stepping back. It makes us all bigger people.

Not to mention that people DO change and it can be worth waiting for that to happen.

Maybe.

I look at it this way, if someone's a censorkip.gif they can go be a censorkip.gif somewhere else while they're being a censorkip.gif. If and when they decide to change that, and prove it by their actions, then maybe I'd be willing to invest some time in them and allow them back into my world, albeit at a distance. I'd have to see change to believe change. Someone talking about how they're going to change wouldn't cut it. Talk is indeed cheap. They'd have to go change somewhere else and come back if and when that happened before they'd be welcome in my world with open arms. They can go spew on someone else while they're doing their changing because they won't be dumping all over me in the process.

I don't waste time trying to 'understand' the appalling, because I don't care to if that's what someone is showing me...I just eliminate the person dishing it from my life. Let someone else waste time trying to understand it. I have no desire to whatsoever. I don't care why they're doing it, I just know they are. And that's all I need to know. Again, the above paragraph.

Edited by MedievalMystic

I had a hilarious pic and quote up but felt I should remove it. God knows what little thing will get me in trouble around here.

Call me an old cynic, Fuzz, because it's the truth. lol

Edited by MedievalMystic

I had a hilarious pic and quote up but felt I should remove it. God knows what little thing will get me in trouble around here.

Call me an old cynic, Fuzz, because it's the truth. lol

xd.png

I know ! xd.png

Hey guys, how are you all doing today? <3

I've been debating whether to post here for a while now, but I think my life has gotten to the point where I need some random strangers over the internet to tell me that I'm not crazy...

Before we start I have a few things that I would like to point out and apologize for;

My spelling and grammar is terrible, and it always has been, yes English is my first language, I just suck at being English...

I know this thread isn't for self-harm or eating disorders, but I would just like to point out that they are present in my life, but I am getting help for them(although not very good help). I will refrain from going into detail on these points though.

The way this gets wrote out is going to be horribly jumbled and messy, so I'm sorry if it's a little hard to follow.

Anyway, first things first, my name is Lucy, I'm 14 and I have depression, bulimia and anxiety(social with panic attacks(yay)) also tmi, IK

I'm gonna start from early May, cause that's when things started.

Things in my life were starting to look up, my grades in school were getting better, I'd started talking to a few friends again, and mostly I'd been clean for 3 months(yay me)

As things were getting better, I thought that this would probably be the best time to come out, (depression, anxiety, bulimia and I'm gay. I got it all xd.png) at least to close family anyway.

Everyone was okay with it (except for my nan, but I'm used to that because shes always been rather irked by the fact I'm not a girly girl) and everything went on as normal.

Now moving onto August. Somehow the fact that I'm gay got out. The bullying started again, now being called names, not such an issue with me. But when my crush asked me out, just to purposely break my heart, I was a little upset. And then there was just the general bullying too, pinking on my every little flaw... At this point, my life was beinging to become one massive embarassment again. I was skipping school because my anxiety was destroying my life. My grades began to fall and I started cutting again. I was crawling back to my corner of shame, embarassment. I shut out all the people in my life that I cared about.

Since then I've just been letting things get worse. crawling further into my corner. I found dragon cave somehow, and I've been using it as a way to distract myself.

My mum isn't any help either, cause all I get from her is earache about my grades... It's like nobody really cares

I just need someone to know what's happening, and to tell me that I'm not crazy sad.gif

Writing this made me completely break down, so this is a big jumbled mess of my thoughts, that probably looks like a 6 year old wrote it. Thanks for taking the time to read this <3

Hey guys, how are you all doing today? <3

I've been debating whether to post here for a while now, but I think my life has gotten to the point where I need some random strangers over the internet to tell me that I'm not crazy...

Before we start I have a few things that I would like to point out and apologize for;

My spelling and grammar is terrible, and it always has been, yes English is my first language, I just suck at being English...

I know this thread isn't for self-harm or eating disorders, but I would just like to point out that they are present in my life, but I am getting help for them(although not very good help). I will refrain from going into detail on these points though.

The way this gets wrote out is going to be horribly jumbled and messy, so I'm sorry if it's a little hard to follow.

Anyway, first things first, my name is Lucy, I'm 14 and I have depression, bulimia and anxiety(social with panic attacks(yay)) also tmi, IK

I'm gonna start from early May, cause that's when things started.

Things in my life were starting to look up, my grades in school were getting better, I'd started talking to a few friends again, and mostly I'd been clean for 3 months(yay me)

As things were getting better, I thought that this would probably be the best time to come out, (depression, anxiety, bulimia and I'm gay. I got it all xd.png) at least to close family anyway.

Everyone was okay with it (except for my nan, but I'm used to that because shes always been rather irked by the fact I'm not a girly girl) and everything went on as normal.

Now moving onto August. Somehow the fact that I'm gay got out. The bullying started again, now being called names, not such an issue with me. But when my crush asked me out, just to purposely break my heart, I was a little upset. And then there was just the general bullying too, pinking on my every little flaw... At this point, my life was beinging to become one massive embarassment again. I was skipping school because my anxiety was destroying my life. My grades began to fall and I started cutting again. I was crawling back to my corner of shame, embarassment. I shut out all the people in my life that I cared about.

Since then I've just been letting things get worse. crawling further into my corner. I found dragon cave somehow, and I've been using it as a way to distract myself.

My mum isn't any help either, cause all I get from her is earache about my grades... It's like nobody really cares

I just need someone to know what's happening, and to tell me that I'm not crazy sad.gif

Writing this made me completely break down, so this is a big jumbled mess of my thoughts, that probably looks like a 6 year old wrote it. Thanks for taking the time to read this <3

Hi Lucy! This is the first time I've been to this thread, so hope this goes well. First, I just want to say that you are not alone. While I haven't dealt with everything you are currently going through, I have had to deal with some of them...basically, the bullying at school. That was a long time ago, but I can still feel the hurt of many of the things that were said and done. At one point, I even ran away from home, but soon realized how stupid an idea that was. Home was the best place for me, even though I had to deal with an alcoholic mother who was also cheating on my father and not bothering to hide those facts from her children.

My son has also been dealing with, and currently still is, bullying in school. Both his father and I support him and try to give him the best advice on how to deal with it, but I know that no matter what we say or do, it is my son that is feeling the hurt and will have to live with those feelings for the rest of his life.

What I can say from personal experience, is that things WILL get better. School is just a short part of your life. You will move on. The people you meet and the places you go will be nothing like middle/high school and all of that will soon pass into a bad memory that can easily be overshadowed by all the good feelings and love you WILL find.

I had no friends in high school, a few classmates that at least treated my like a human, but for the most part, I had my schoolwork, my chores at home and my imagination to put feelings and efforts into. I luckily grew up in a time when teachers actually cared about their students and knew I had their support. I worked on my grades for them, but also for myself as I knew that I needed good grades to move ahead with career choice. Try to find a teacher (or several teachers) that seem like they care and talk to them. Let them know you are having social problems that are affecting your grades, but you really want to improve your situation and ask if there is any way they can help you, either by tutoring or work for extra credit. You might be surprised and find a friend and mentor that already knows you are having trouble and wants to help. Sometimes all someone needs is for you to crack open that door to let them come in to help you.

You can try talking to your parents, but I fully understand if that is not something you want to do. I know that didn't help me in the least, and made things worse when my drunken mother took me to the house of one of the bullies to talk to her mother about the situation. Yeah...that did NOT go well for me at all. The parents of bullies think their children are perfect angels and now the bullies have more humiliating information to harass you with.

Finding a place like this where you can talk freely and hide behind a forum identity but find the support and friendship of others is great...for now. Once you finish high school and move on to college, the world is going to open up for you. You will meet new people that are going to like you for you, have gone through similar things that you have, or who simply treat others as they want to be treated...with respect and caring. Is everyone going to be your best friend? No. And your friends are going to come and go with time. You are going to change and so are they, but they will be replaced by new friends. With a little luck, you'll find someone that will be the most important person in your life and how the rest of the world sees you or feels about you isn't going to matter one little bit. It may take some time so be patient, but enjoy looking for the right person, never counting anyone out until you know for sure on way or the other. I didn't meet my husband until I was 33 and we got married 4 years later.

Good grief! I've written a novel! I'll try to remember to monitor this thread so I can respond if needed, or feel free to send me a PM if you want to talk further.

I think I am still strongly upset about my stepfather sdeath earlier in the year.

I had a dream of him, and I was at work, I had come around the back of the kitchen toward the dishpit. It must have been close because the racks in the pit were moved and I saw my stepfather looking rather whiteish, but wearing his old navy and green jacket. Opening his mouth as if to tell me something. I was "Bill?" and I came over knowing I was looking at a ghost. But as I stepped forward my mum called. She wanted to go out.

I was in tears because... I miss him so so much right now. But I think he wanted to tell me to go with mum because he would have taken her on the little jaunt we went on.

I am in such a bad place emotionally right now due to a medication change that is not keeping the dampers on my temper and I can't get the medication I need until a later time.

TW: Blood

I must have the worst luck with animals. While I was visiting my girlfriend's family in southern california, I got a call from my roommate who was looking after my rats. She came home and found that one of my rats, the really sweet fat one, got her head stuck in a piece of chewed up fabric on her hammock and hung herself. I got home tonight, and there's blood all over the cage. I feel so awful. I should have known better than to leave a hammock that had been chewed in her cage. Now I have to basically replace her within the next week or two because her sister is going to start freaking out without a companion.

My roommate put her body in a box for me. I remove the hammock from around her neck, and there's blood all down her front and paws. My poor girl. She didn't deserve that.

Shiny, I'm so sorry to hear about that. It's tragic to lose a rat, and there's reasons why I don't plan to keep any more for the foreseeable future. They're such adorable little critters and it's heartbreaking when they pass. You have my sympathy <3

What happened sounds like a freak accident. My rats always had hammocks, and those hammocks were always peppered with holes within hours every time they were replaced. What fabric was this hammock made from? I've always used fleece (the artificial type, not the actual sheep type) because it's very elastic and a rat can't really get caught in it.

I would also give a word of caution about introducing a new rat to the sister rat because rats are generally territorial and sometimes don't welcome newcomers at all. It took me months before Zuri and Taji could be around resident rats and even then they had to be away from each of their cages. On the flip side, my first rat Truffle literally adopted a set of five young rats (the ones who would go on to reject Zuri and Taji) almost immediately upon meeting them.

Again, I'm so sorry about your loss, and I do hope from now on you'll have far better luck. Here's a virtual *hug*, if that helps at all.

Snug. I know that feeling. Lost a pet in a similar way once many years ago. they will live in your heart.

I think I am still strongly upset about my stepfather sdeath earlier in the year.

I had a dream of him, and I was at work, I had come around the back of the kitchen toward the dishpit. It must have been close because the racks in the pit were moved and I saw my stepfather looking rather whiteish, but wearing his old navy and green jacket. Opening his mouth as if to tell me something.  I was "Bill?" and I came over knowing I was looking at a ghost. But as I stepped forward my mum called. She wanted to go out.

I was in tears because... I miss him so so much right now. But I think he wanted to tell me to go with mum because he would have taken her on the little jaunt we went on.

I am in such a bad place emotionally right now due to a medication change that is not keeping the dampers on my temper and I can't get the medication I need until a later time.

Deaths can stick with us for a while. I lived with my grandfather and did a poor job of caring for him through his illness, and he still crops up in my dreams now and again. He's normally more hale and healthy in the dreams and we have a better relationship, and it does upset me sometimes when I wake up and realise the reality. So if you're worried you're not coping or alone in that aspect, then don't be. It's nine years on and I still have those dreams. Sometimes...I kinda like them. Because for a few seconds I actually believe he's still here, and that gives me comfort. Even if the realisation upsets me it's still a good moment. It just takes a while, I think.

TW: Blood

I must have the worst luck with animals. While I was visiting my girlfriend's family in southern california, I got a call from my roommate who was looking after my rats. She came home and found that one of my rats, the really sweet fat one, got her head stuck in a piece of chewed up fabric on her hammock and hung herself. I got home tonight, and there's blood all over the cage. I feel so awful. I should have known better than to leave a hammock that had been chewed in her cage. Now I have to basically replace her within the next week or two because her sister is going to start freaking out without a companion.

My roommate put her body in a box for me. I remove the hammock from around her neck, and there's blood all down her front and paws. My poor girl. She didn't deserve that.

Don't blame yourself. It's an accident that you couldn't exactly predict so don't feel that you should be to blame.

Edited by Kestra15

WELL

WELL

I just tried transferring my 3DS Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate save file to the Wii U... connection failure right after a supposedly 'successful' transfer.

Everything's gone.

My 1065 hour save file is gone.

I'm just in a wreck right now. I had backup on and everything and it's just... gone. Gone off the 3DS, not on the Wii U.

Brilliant finish to Christmas. I don't even want to start the whole bloody game over again.

EDIT: WOW I can't believe my luck. The backup worked and everything's restored.

So beside myself with joy rn

And I'm still shocked from almost losing everything.

Edited by rampaging wyvern

I posted awhile back that my mom had been diagnosed with Pancreatic Cancer. Welp, I got an email from her, quoting the relevant part:

Had appointment with the oncologist today, he said my scans were clear, no visible tumor. no signs of metastasis.  He actually used the word "remission" which is almost unheard of with pancreatic cancer.  He can't predict how long this state will last but felt it would be in terms of months rather than years (or weeks).  He also mentioned that the more shrinkage of the tumor there is, the greater the length of time before it starts to make a comeback and the longer the time since the last chemo session the more likely it will be that the same drugs will be effective again when it returns.

I'm so incredibly happy about this, best present *ever* for her! I want to thank everyone who spared a thought/prayer/vibe for her, it's working, so whatever you've been doing, please keep doing it! smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif THANK YOU!

Debating on to post this or not. But o well.

I'm suffering from depressing & anxiety.

TRIGGER: If anyone is sensitive to depressing things then I'd advice you to not read on ;/

It all started out in 2012. I got bullied at school, I lost friends, I became less confident and more and more 'hidden away' from everyone. After a couple of months things got a bit better, HOWEVER it was time for me to move on. You know, new school, new people, new building, new teachers, basically I knew nothing and was extremely confused on what I was doing with my life.

It started again, I always got judged, people hated me (still do), and my confidence went RIGHT to 0%. I only stayed (and still am staying) with 3 people that I feel most comfortable around. Sometimes I pretend to be sick during school to be sent home because everything gets too much, I also skip days off school, yet again pretending that I'm sick. I always got nervous around other people, I still am nervous, I get really shy and quiet and I'm afraid of saying something that I will regret saying, I'm always afraid of what the person thinks of me, do they hate me? Do they like me? Am I being an idiot around them?

Along with that I have low self confidence, I hate how I look etc.

Whenever I get home I usually cry, I also get anxiety attacks and end up sitting outside in the pouring rain at times. I've been clean for 2 weeks (yay for me .-.) but I am tempted nearly every day to do it.

I just feel like I'm going through a never ending dark tunnel.

I've started going on dragon cave again, to keep myself away from everything, along with that I stay on other social medias.

Oh and, within the past 4 or 5 weeks I've not been able to sleep at all. If I ever did fall asleep, it takes an hour or so, I always wake up and cannot fall back asleep. So I stay there laying in bed looking at the dark ceiling, or I just go downstairs and start playing the guitar quietly. I also wake up pretty early sad.gif During the day I'm so tired, but I can't do anything about it.

Jesus sorry that its so long, I had to let things out ugh

Delph, I'm very sorry that you're going through this. When this bullying happens, are you telling anyone? Teachers? Principle? Your parents? If not, please do so. If someone had bullied my kid in school to the point that it made them sick, bet I'd have had it stopped come hell or high water. I'd have those kids charged with harassment if I had to. Whatever it took. So please, at least let your parents know. They need to step up. You shouldn't have to live with that crap.

Another thing, you're putting way too much stock into what other people think. You have 3 good friends. That's all you need. Who cares what the haters think? Haters are losers. Who are they, with their pathetic small minds, to judge anyone? Why would the opinions of people that go out of their way to make you, or anyone else, feel like crap matter? They shouldn't. Let that mess roll right off. Pity the fools. Do not allow people with black souls to darken your days for even a minute. They mean nothing, their opinions mean nothing and in your LIFE they are nothing. That's how you should see it. Has it occurred to you that people are censorkip.gif***s because they're simply censorkip.gif***s and it has nothing to do with you? If someone is being mean to you, it defines THEM, it surely doesn't define YOU.

Change your perspective on things and a whole lot of other things will change for the good in your life. If somebody hates my guts, piss on them. Do I care? Not hardly. The fact that they might 'hate' me is their problem, I'm certainly not going to make it mine and lose sleep over it. Let them stew in it. lol I hope that hate eats them alive.

Other people do NOT define you. YOU define you. Period. And if some people don't like it, oh damn well. Can't please everyone. Stick with the people that are good in your world, the people that matter and the hell with the rest.

I hope you feel much better soon. smile.gif

Edited by MedievalMystic

Delph, I'm very sorry that you're going through this. When this bullying happens, are you telling anyone? Teachers? Principle? Your parents? If not, please do so. If someone had bullied my kid in school to the point that it made them sick, bet I'd have had it stopped come hell or high water. I'd have those kids charged with harassment if I had to. Whatever it took. So please, at least let your parents know. They need to step up. You shouldn't have to live with that crap.

Another thing, you're putting way too much stock into what other people think. You have 3 good friends. That's all you need. Who cares what the haters think? Haters are losers. Who are they, with their pathetic small minds, to judge anyone? Why would the opinions of people that go out of their way to make you, or anyone else, feel like crap matter? They shouldn't. Let that mess roll right off. Pity the fools. Do not allow people with black souls to darken your days for even a minute. They mean nothing, their opinions mean nothing and in your LIFE they are nothing. That's how you should see it. Has it occurred to you that people are censorkip.gif***s because they're simply censorkip.gif***s and it has nothing to do with you? If someone is being mean to you, it defines THEM, it surely doesn't define YOU.

Change your perspective on things and a whole lot of other things will change for the good in your life. If somebody hates my guts, piss on them. Do I care? Not hardly. The fact that they might 'hate' me is their problem, I'm certainly not going to make it mine and lose sleep over it. Let them stew in it. lol I hope that hate eats them alive.

Other people do NOT define you. YOU define you. Period. And if some people don't like it, oh damn well. Can't please everyone. Stick with the people that are good in your world, the people that matter and the hell with the rest.

I hope you feel much better soon. smile.gif

I've spoke to teachers many times, but all they have done is brang Mr and those people into a room and talk. It does do something for a couple of days but you know, they hate me more and more for telling someone, for basically reaching out for help. The teacher also told me to ignore them, however I'm not aware if she is aware of how hard it is to ignore something like THAT.

Thank you for everything you've said. I'll try changing my perspective, even if its hard... I mean they say not to give up, right? ^~^ ;/ About the sleeping, I don't know I sometimes want to go to the doctors with it, maybe a small case of insomnia? I'm not sure, I can't predict things like that.

Thank you <33

Do some research on anti bullying laws in your area. Your parents need to be informed of everything. They need to sit down with school officials and work with them to stop this mess once and for all.

Research

Edited by MedievalMystic

(TRIGGER WARNING: SOMEONE'S PET KILLED IN TRAFFIC)

I had a bit of a rough day yesterday.

My younger brother needed help with some thing, and I agreed to drive around and help him out with getting my parents vehicles back up and running. During the course of the drive, we had seen several, incredibly (stupid for lack of a better word) people who were jaywalking in areas that are incredibly dangerous to cross outside of the crosswalks. Everyone got across eventually, but we ended up having a discussion about how messed up it is that humans have gotten to a point where we look at things, and just /know/ something bad is going to happen, and cant look away. We talked about the irony of how some people feel let down after the situation has resolved without injury.

(Side Note: it isnt that people wish bad things on other people, its that something about the way people work, makes it impossible to look away until the situation resolves, and because of the way people are now, there is that weird moment where they might be let down that everything turned out ok, before that moment they realize that you are glad nothing bad happened. Hard to explain.. but, we both knew what we meant).

We made our final stop to talk to mom at work and let her know what was going on with the cars, and then headed back to his place to get back to work. While waiting at the light, for the ability to safely make a left turn, one of those situations cropped up again... a dog. This dog, was just walking along the sidewalk, right out into traffic. From where we were, there was no way to stop it. We laid the horn on, he stuck his arm out the window trying to get the oncoming traffics attention. The first car managed to stop, but the second... sadly didnt. The cars behind them managed to swerve around it, but the dog got hit, hard. As soon as we were able to make the left (traffic stopped to avoid the dog) we pulled into the parking lot on the corner, and I ran out into the road to see what could be done.

Having seen what had happened, I knew there was no chance the dog was going to survive, but I still wanted to get her out of the road, and quickly, and safely as possible. She was still breathing at that point, but there was really no way to possibly move her that wasnt going to hurt her. I held her like a baby, got her back to my car, and into my back seat as gently, and smoothly as possible. The car that had hit her, didnt stop, but a few other people had pulled over by this point, to see if she was ok. Did a quick first aid look over, to see what I could do to hold her over during the drive to the pet hospital. We knew there was no chance, but we still wanted to get her there, just in case. She died on the way, but she got lots of pets, pats, and conversation, for the ten minutes after her pulse had stopped.

I felt bad that we couldnt do anything for her, but we did the best we could, given the situation. She looked like she had been on the streets for awhile,she was scrawny and she smelled horribly.. The office we took her to, looked her over, and offered to cremate her for us. Had she still been breathing at that point, they would have put her down, after hearing about the specifics of what had happened.

I have been trying to reach out to find the owners, but none of the go-to places I used when I find pets have any dogs listed that matched her descriptions. I made a post in the local craigslist group as a last resort, and have been getting tons of emails and texts from people thanking me for trying to help her. I dont really deserve thanks though, any decent person would have done the same thing. My motivation was to get her out of the road in one piece, before it got to be gruesome. Her owners deserve to know where she ended up, and that in her last moments.. we gave her as much love as we could.