Obscure_Trash

Emotional Support

6 hours ago, PREDATOR said:

I've decided to quit DC. Permanently. I have been away from DC for about a month. A close friend died in January. I was grieving. Crying. Still am. I finally had a moment of happiness a week ago. I come back to over 50 messages. Many of them malicious in nature. Calling me names. Irresponsible trader, scammer, among other choice words. Essentially, a piece of **** because I was way too emotionally distraught to play DC. And now I'm even more depressed. A game that was fun, and had a friendly atmosphere, turned nasty simply due to a real life issue of mine that put me in a depressed mindset over my loss. I'm done. Nearly 10 years of my life spent on this game, and I am done. I can't handle being yelled at, and called names, for things out of my control. I don't even want to reply to that person, and say I am sorry for my absence. I will give what I owed them to a mediator, who will give them the egg. I will finish up with my other IOUs - as I am NOT the POS that these people think I am - and then leave.

I am sorry to hear of your loss.

I strongly urge you to report each and everyone of those malicious PMs so that Moderators can take a look and deal with the members who are attacking you. You do not have to put up with that, even if IOU's are not supported in game, you have rights to a pleasant  experience. I'm going to PM you.

1 hour ago, Starscream said:

I am sorry to hear of your loss.

I strongly urge you to report each and everyone of those malicious PMs so that Moderators can take a look and deal with the members who are attacking you. You do not have to put up with that, even if IOU's are not supported in game, you have rights to a pleasant  experience. I'm going to PM you.

And I will reinforce this publicly.

NO ONE HERE should have to tolerate getting harassing PMs from other members. If anyone is victim of this, please PM a moderator, regardless of section, so we can take care of it. We take this seriously and want everyone here to have as pleasant an experience as possible!

@PREDATOR It's terrible that someone would do that to you.  We will all miss you very much (minus about one real POS).  Its terrible that anybody would send these messages to you, regardless of whether they knew the circumstances behind your absence or not.  Honoring an IOU is important, but not to the point of calling somebody names.  You also have a really good record with IOUs, so I don't see why others would automatically jump to the conclusion that you were an irresponsible player, especially when you obviously weren't on for an entire month, which is out of character for you.  I really wish you didn't have to go this way, leaving a game you clearly loved with all these negative feelings.  I really hope you find happiness in your future endeavors, regardless of what they may be.

I feel so alone. trigger warning: alcohol

I moved to a city for college and I've made no friends. I'm not exactly a social butterfly, so I'm pretty much alone for the majority of the day. I never leave my dorm room and no matter how many times I reach out to my hometown friends through text messages they ignore me. I'm so deprived of human interaction and support. My anxiety is going through the roof as I watch my friendships at home deteriorate. I've tried making friends here at my college, but I'm so incredibly shy that it has pretty much been a bust. This whole situation is making my drinking problem worse, and my 19th birthday is in two days which means I'm legally allowed to purchase alcohol. I know I won't be able to control myself with legal access to alcohol, and I know I'm heading down a slippery slope but I just don't have the energy or strength to stop myself. Usually my friends would check up on me to make sure I wasn't drinking, but nobody messages me anymore so I'm assuming they don't care. I just need a hug, haven't had one in a while :( 

Edited by DaniBoo

@DaniBoo-*hugs*  I care.  Are there any campus support groups that might be useful?

@Ruby Eyes @prpldrgnfr thank you for the hugs. <3 I talked to a counsellor at my college today and have set up an appointment to meet with him. Hopefully it will be of help, I've never had to talk to a counsellor before so I'm not really sure what to expect 

DaniBoo first, ((((HUGGSS)))

I'm going to tell you something I told my son many years ago. Counseling is like a kiss (or hug). If you don't fully participate, it won't work. This means you have to be open and answer questions and really tell the truth about what you are feeling.

I know what it's like to feel more comfortable on the sidelines or staying at home because you are shy and afraid to participate in groups, but I also know that when I did participate and get involved I always enjoyed myself and was glad I did. Look for activities that interest you and go see what's happening. You're at college there must be some things going on that would interest you. If you can get yourself involved in something, it will help you avoid the pitfalls of drinking. If you can't find anything else, maybe look into volunteering a couple of hours a week somewhere. Perhaps an old folks home or animal shelter. You don't have to be alone, really.

*sends hugs to @DaniBoo* Talking to a counselor is definitely a good step to take, and honestly just *realizing* that you may have a hard time controlling yourself with legal access to alcohol, that's a huge step in the right direction all by itself. I know nothing about colleges in Canada, but it's possible there may be support groups at the college or near to it... A lot of people have issues adjusting to college life and a lot of colleges recognize that.

@HeatherMarie thank you, I'm hoping there are support groups at my college. I wouldn't mind travelling outside of the college community for something like that but being amongst my peers would be more comforting for me. I'm sure my counsellor will be able to point me in the right direction

I got dumped yesterday because my now-ex had made other Valentine's day plans apparently. Trying to stay positive, but not a fun day to say the least.

Just now, Mira15 said:

I got dumped yesterday because my now-ex had made other Valentine's day plans apparently. Trying to stay positive, but not a fun day to say the least.

Oh man, that's just heartless of them. :( Stay strong.

I sent you a PM about this, @PREDATOR, since I saw your sig about your friend dying. But now that I've discovered this thread and found out more, I understand why that PM has not been read yet. If I were you, I wouldn't touch a PM with IOU in the title right now, either. So I wanted to make a point of saying this publicly. You owed me a CB Gold from an IOU at Christmas. I am WAIVING that IOU. Please DO NOT fulfill it. The LAST thing I want to do is contribute to the pain and horror you've experienced at the hands of some extremely immature and thoughtless people. Please, write it off. And try to take care of yourself? Do whatever you need to do for YOU. Your well being is far more important than any pixel dragon. I'll find another one from someone else. Maybe I'll even finally catch one on my own - my new laptop and gaming mouse are super fast on the click. I just never see the silly things drop. Point is, I'm trying to make it very clear that I mean what I say. I wasn't even worried about it to begin with -CB Golds can take a while to track down and I figured you had other people ahead of me on your list. I can't believe anyone went nuts at you after that short a period of time. I have an IOU for a bred gold that's like two years old because gold breeding is doom.  That behavior says a lot more about those people than it does about you. Nevertheless, like I said, you absolutely should do whatever you need to do. I will miss seeing you around DC, and it angers me to know why I won't be seeing you around anymore, but not at you. I'm angry at the people who did this to you. You don't owe anyone here anything more than you owe yourself the care you need to be healthy and happy.  Basically, some fools who don't get that just cost the rest of us a great player and friend. 

Edited by Lurhstaap

On 2/14/2018 at 5:46 AM, Mira15 said:

Wow, that's horrible. I know some people don't really celebrate valentine's day, but if you are in a relationship with someone you should understand that maybe they do, and you certainly shouldn't make other plans without talking to your partner first! That's just very insensitive of them, I'm so sorry.

I could use a little virtual hug right now... one of my online friends has been really struggling, and I try my best to be there for them, but they have just been completely ghosting me. :( My other friends are worried about them too but there is not much we can do about it.

*sends lots of hugs to @Birb (and your friend!)* It's especially hard when an online friend is struggling because you can't physically hug them or actually go over to their house to check up on them. If they aren't talking to you I really hope they are talking to *someone*.

I'm a little bit..... Iffy, tonight. My mom left this morning on a short trip (very short, she'll be gone less then 48 hours, but....). She's texted me a couple times letting me know what's going on and that she's doing alright, and throughout the day I was totally fine. But now it's night and the 'omg I'm alone' feeling is starting to hit. I'm just simply not used to being alone. I live with my mom, have never ever lived alone (except for the 3 months my mom was in the hospital/rehab eight years ago), she's retired so she is pretty much always here and when she's gone it's just for a few hours for doctor appts and such... I'm an adult and I can take care of myself and I have stuff I can do to distract myself and blah blah, but it just feels weird. (And also, I know this is just my anxiety talking but what if something happens to her while she's away? I check on her multiple times throughout the night to make sure she's okay, she has so many health issues, what if something happens and I have no way to get to her and and and.....) 

@HeatherMarie Thank you very much <3 Since I posted that, the friend has been talking in our group chat a couple times, so hopefully they are feeling at least a little better.

I definitely know how awful the feeling of aloneness when parents leave can be. *hugs* Anxiety sucks, and so does loneliness, but you can do this! In similar situations, I personally find it helpful to chat with not only mom, but also as many other supportive people as you can. Not only does that serve as a distraction, it also beats back the "you're so alone" anxiety through opposite action. If no one else is available at a moment, try to focus on things that soothe the senses, like relaxing music or a little bit of your favorite food or even just the feeling of a warm blanket.

If you ever need to chat further, my message inbox is open!