Obscure_Trash

Emotional Support

Well, I wish you lots of luck! You can try making a gofundme for surgery and moving money if you need if you've got a place to boost it like tumblr or something. I can't guarantee it'll get you what you need, but it might help you out.

Thanks, Mom and I should have tried harder to get him to talk to someone sooner, but he was so busy with work since he's the only source of income at the moment. Sadly, he doesn't have a lot of faith in doctors. But, at the same time letting one issue with a doctor that is now miles away shouldn't affect what's going on with this situation. I never really knew my uncles that well and while it was sad for me, I know it was harder on Dad. I hated losing my grandmother, she was really sick in her last few months and she just...didn't get better. We were all trying to cope then, but it wasn't easy especially when it happened so close to both his and her birthday.

If only we could actually finish what we're trying to tell him before he goes off on us. He doesn't let us finish. If we start talking and he doesn't want to hear it, he'll hold up his hand and go "Da-du-du-du-I don't want to hear it!" or something. He'll talk over us and the more we try the louder he gets. It's amazingly hard to talk to him about anything.

No, no mental illness, though depression could definitely be considered. Then again, all of us are depressed. We don't even have to get tested to know that. The thing is, we just got the notice in the mail today and he doesn't know about it yet. Then again he lied and told mom he paid the morgage this month so, yeah. It also doesn't help that he ignores his phone when they call him. Ignoring it won't make the problem go away.

Sadly, Dad's already said that he really doesn't care anymore and has often said, that me and mom are on our own when he does pass away. It hurts to hear him say that. Mainly because I don't want to lose him like that and two, it hurts when he doesn't seem to care about us at all.

I haven't asked my friends lately, but I'm pretty sure my brother has said that he won't let his sister live on the streets. There may be a friend or two I could try and ask, but I haven't talked to them much lately. Sadly, with our pets it's not so much who won't take them it's how the pets will take it. one of my cats is extremely skiddish and hides whenever someone comes over. He also can't go outside because he is declawed and has one eye. Our other cat also is an indoor cat, but has a more mellow nature. and our dog is ten, so he's getting old. He's not a big dog, but he's not small either. My one-eyed cat is who I'm most worried about though. He's such a sweetheart.

According to Dad, it's his money and he can "do whatever the F he wants with it" at least that's what he's said before. His name is on everything and my mom's name is on nothing, not even the morgage which is stupid. she could have called them up and worked something out today, but they need his permission first. So, we really have no power to fix anything.

I feel more like a servant than a member of this family, she and I both do. It's whatever dad says, goes. If you don't like it too bad, he don't care.

Am I okay? Heh, that's a good question. To be honest, I'm not sure. I cried a little earlier today, but now I feel more numb than anything. I've been trying to keep myself calm by reading some relaxing fanfiction and writing my own, but that only helps so much. I can't do much else, except keep my mom from getting upset, which I did when she started to break down right in front of me. I worry more for her at the moment. Making her a cappuccino seemed to help calm her down a bit. I'll worry about myself later. chances are I'll be up late tonight.

At this point, I don't care if I get a job cleaning toilets at Mc'Donalds as long as I can get money coming in to help. Hell, I'd hand over my entire paycheck if it'd help save the house.

Mom's already talked about it and she only hasn't because of our pets and not sure where to go yet exactly. She still loves him, despite everything else, but he's changed and they aren't as close as they once were. Heck, he didn't do anything for their last anniversary except take her out to eat, but it wasn't romantic or anything. Just the local bar/restaurant and mainly because he wanted to watch the sports game that was on, since we don't have cable at the moment. The only reason I have internet at the moment is because my neighbor is letting me leech off of her, but it's not a strong enough signal for most websites to load properly and the speed is so slow. Sadly, even if she does split she'll still held accountable for his credit card even though she's never touched it. Which, he maxed out btw. And the income tax? Half of it was hers by law and he took all of it and spent it. I don't know how much it was, but regardless half of that wasn't his to take.

Thank you, so much. You've brought up some good insight that I'll be bringing to my mom's attention as well. Maybe it'll help her think of something. Well, I always try to be optimistic and there's always a silver lining somewhere. Maybe things will work themselves out and the confrontation won't be as bad as we think. Keep your fingers crossed. I may be stressed, but I'm not one to give up so easily. *hugs*

//hugs// Aw, I'm sorry. You can't change what's happened in the past, but I wish you the best for the future. ♥

Argh, I'm so sorry to hear that. //hugs// Losing people is never easy. //wraps you up in 10000 blankets// I'm sorry.

Still, do try to get him help. It would really move things along--I wish you guys the best of luck! ♥

Argh I'm sorry to hear that. That's just annoying and I'm so sorry he's acting so frustrating--was it always this way or did it happen after all of the losses / his gambling?

//hugs// I'm so sorry. Depression is super hard to deal with and having to do other things while depressed is a daily struggling. Keep going though and please stay strong--what you're going through and how you're managing is already amazing on its own, thank you! ♥

Ah, well, is there some time you could show him it? Even if he doesn't care, he should at least know. Maybe that'll help him shape up just a little bit--losing your house is no joke.

Argh I'm so sorry your dad is being so . . . yeah. //hugs// That's just being cruel.

Ah I see. Well, it may be better to ask them just in case; at least you can rest knowing your pets are okay?

Maybe you could keep your one eyed cat with you--he does sound like a sweetie! ♥

It's so good to hear you care so much about your pets. That's wonderful! ♥

Ugh what. I'm really sorry to hear that--it's unfair your mom has no power over these things!

Could you somehow get his permission? I know it won't be easy but you need some leverage if you're going to try to work with him.

//hugs// I'm so sorry. That's unfair and the way he's treating you is just . . . ugh. The more you talk about it, the more it seems like it would benefit all of you if you were to get away from him. He's obviously disrespecting you and your mother and only adding to the stress. Maybe not permanently, but once this settles over if it ever does you guys may just wanna take a vacation or have a little time to your own to enjoy life and family without him always being there and ruining things. I'm sorry--good luck! ♥

//hugs// I'm so sorry to hear that--as I've said before, you're doing amazing. You're so strong for what you're going through and I really admire that--thank you for being you! ♥ I really do wish you the best. ♥

Reading / writing does really help sometimes; I'm glad it worked somewhat! ♥

Thank you for helping your mother. It's really inspiring to hear how you're able to help her and keep yourself in control--once again, thank you for staying strong. ♥ I hope your mom is alright, and that things clear up soon!

//hugs// I can imagine. Are there no new job openings at all? Have you tried doing stuff such as sending in pieces to magazines to be published, or opening up commissions? It doesn't generate all that much money, but it does help slightly!

SockPuppet Strangler also had some really good ideas--there are online funding sites where people can help your situation--such as Fold A Crane and the like. All you have to do is spread the link around on social media and hope for the best! ♥

It's hard to accept the fact that someone you loved has changed--I'm truly sorry your mom has to deal with that.

Ugh geeze. Can you bring that to the attention of the law? She has her rights to money and he can't just take advantage of it because you're family.

Anytime ♥ I really do hope things get better for you!

Yes, maybe! I really do hope so. ^^ ♥

That's a good view! Yes, exactly. I hope things won't be as bad!

//crosses fingers and makes everyone else in the forums cross their fingers too//

That's truly amazing to hear, thank you. ♥ Just keep on going! Maybe things will change, and things will always be okay in the end. Best wishes! //hugs back//

I went to the dentist today and they numbed me up on both sides of my mouth for the 2 fillings because I had one on each side. They started working on the one on the right first. They had trouble getting me numb so I had to get 4 shots to get it numb enough and I had one shot on the other side for the other filling. The thing they used to hold my mouth open with was too big and was all the way in the back on my left side. It gave me a headache. Then they finally got my right side numb enough to do the filling. I had so much stuff in my mouth and I was holding it open so much that I had trouble breathing. They even asked me if I was because they could tell. I had to hold my mouth open for 2 hours. They didn't even do the filling on the other side so now I have to go back on August 4th at the same to get it done.

Oh geeze I'm so sorry to hear that! //hugs// Dentist work is painful sometimes. Can you tell them that the thing they used was too big? Maybe they have a small one that'll be more comfortable.

Good luck! ♥ One more trip and it'll be over and okay. //hugs//

Edited by Lady_Lunevis

I told them at the beginning that it was too big and they brought in a smaller one but they took that one out and had to put the bigger one back in because the smaller was making it worse on them. THey kept telling me to breathe through my nose while they were working on me but I couldn't because I was lying flat. I can't breathe lying flat like that. I havent had anything to eat or drink since dinner on Sunday night because m of my mouth.

Edited by Spottedleaf

I told them at the beginning that it was too big and they brought in a smaller one but they took that one out and had to put the bigger one back in because the smaller was making it worse on them. THey kept telling me to breathe through my nose while they were working on me but I couldn't because I was lying flat. I can't breathe lying flat like that. I havent had anything to eat or drink since dinner on Sunday night because m of my mouth.

*gentle hugs*

Dental work isn't fun. Back when I had my wisdom teeth out (all four at once!) my face swelled up so much that I could barely open my mouth at all. I had to drink through a straw for a couple of days. Any chance you could do that, so you don't get dehydrated on top of everything else? The other thing I did, thanks to my mom's sentimentality (she's the sort who saves *everything* that can maybe be passed along to the grandkids, and yes, that spoon got passed back to me when my daughter was born), was use my old baby spoon to eat a sort of mush I made of chicken broth and crackers. I might have felt ridiculous taking such tiny bites, but the spoon was small and flat enough to get into my mouth (which even a teaspoon was too big) and the soup-and-cracker mush didn't require any chewing. Even if you don't have an old baby spoon lying around the house, I don't recall them being too terribly expensive in stores. It might be worth spending the couple of dollars in order to be able to eat something.

Either way, best wishes for a speedy recovery and for the next filling to go much more smoothly for you.

~snip

*hugs* Everyone's given you support and advice so I am simply going to wish you good luck in sorting this out. You are doing a great job staying strong. <3 I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. smile.gif

Update on my wrists: still not great. overdid it yesterday. today I'm going to try to go to town and get some better braces (the one I have is a wrap and not working out so well). also going to spend today off the computer as much as possible...

That's what my sister, my mother and myself have all agreed on, and I think my sister had tried telling him once or twice, but he denies it. I know, typical reaction from someone who clearly is.

But, he refuses to get the help, even though I've found an excellent helpline that's open 24/7. He's not the most talkative person unless he has a point to make or he's angry. The man is so stubborn and pig-headed.

I'll try to talk my mom into trying to see what else we can do to get him to actually seek some help, because he definitely needs it.

Sounds like your dad needs a real wake up call and that fast. dry.gif

Isn't there a place where relatives can get help? So everybody, family + professionals, can arrange some kind of intervention. Preferably at your home so he can't avoid it.

*gentle hugs*

Dental work isn't fun. Back when I had my wisdom teeth out (all four at once!) my face swelled up so much that I could barely open my mouth at all. I had to drink through a straw for a couple of days. Any chance you could do that, so you don't get dehydrated on top of everything else? The other thing I did, thanks to my mom's sentimentality (she's the sort who saves *everything* that can maybe be passed along to the grandkids, and yes, that spoon got passed back to me when my daughter was born), was use my old baby spoon to eat a sort of mush I made of chicken broth and crackers. I might have felt ridiculous taking such tiny bites, but the spoon was small and flat enough to get into my mouth (which even a teaspoon was too big) and the soup-and-cracker mush didn't require any chewing. Even if you don't have an old baby spoon lying around the house, I don't recall them being too terribly expensive in stores. It might be worth spending the couple of dollars in order to be able to eat something.

Either way, best wishes for a speedy recovery and for the next filling to go much more smoothly for you.

I would've done the straw thing yesterday but I didn't have any. My mom took my sister to the orthodontist this morning and she is getting some straws on the way back. I don't think she's getting the spoon though. RIght now I could tell that my mouth is still sore when I brushed my teeth this morning. I couldn't really open my mouth very much to do it. I have also been coughing since I woke up this morning (10 AM and its 12 PM now) and it hurts my mouth when I cough.

Syiren, have you ever heard of AlAnon? (I think that's the spelling) It was started to help the families of people who are alcoholics, but I believe also helps the families of people with other addictions. You might see if there is a chapter near you. They can help figure out what your options are. They would know of any agencies in your area that aid the dependents of addicted people.

I came in here in the first place because the title caught my eye. I don't know that I need emotional support exactly. I'm just frustrated with our health insurance. Who do they think they are telling my doctor what he can prescribe to treat me with? Are they doctors? Where's their medical degree?

I have severe sinusitis and asthma. I've tried a number of nasal sprays to help control the symptoms. Mostly they don't do much. Well, he wants to try a new one. It's just on the market and stronger than the previous kinds. He let me have a sample to test it out and my sinuses haven't been that clear in years. My insurance however doesn't want to ok getting it filled. They keep suggesting cheaper ones. Well, I've tried the cheaper ones. They either don't work or they put me to sleep. I can't function if I'm asleep all day, can I? I went a few days without anything trying to get this worked out and now either have a sinus infection or bronchitis. Or both. Not sure. I went back to the doctor for more samples, but I need this resolved.

Syiren, have you ever heard of AlAnon? (I think that's the spelling) It was started to help the families of people who are alcoholics, but I believe also helps the families of people with other addictions. You might see if there is a chapter near you. They can help figure out what your options are. They would know of any agencies in your area that aid the dependents of addicted people.

I came in here in the first place because the title caught my eye. I don't know that I need emotional support exactly. I'm just frustrated with our health insurance. Who do they think they are telling my doctor what he can prescribe to treat me with? Are they doctors? Where's their medical degree?

I have severe sinusitis and asthma. I've tried a number of nasal sprays to help control the symptoms. Mostly they don't do much. Well, he wants to try a new one. It's just on the market and stronger than the previous kinds. He let me have a sample to test it out and my sinuses haven't been that clear in years. My insurance however doesn't want to ok getting it filled. They keep suggesting cheaper ones. Well, I've tried the cheaper ones. They either don't work or they put me to sleep. I can't function if I'm asleep all day, can I? I went a few days without anything trying to get this worked out and now either have a sinus infection or bronchitis. Or both. Not sure. I went back to the doctor for more samples, but I need this resolved.

Fiona my sister went though something similar with the birth control she was perscribed(they wanted her on different brands despite the need for that specific formulation at that time.) Call you insurence company directly and explain the medication (the multiple nasal sprays) you're on now and that the new nasal spray works without other sumplments. Make sure you get a rl person. Sometimes if you talk directly you can get them to cover stuff that they wouldn't normally cover.

The reason they are pushing the lower priced ones are because of cost for them, and they may have a contract where if the company that makes the cheaper one cost less for the insurence to cover then they'll push it on people who have their insurence. Talking to a rep is the only way you'll get an exemption. Also: request your doctor not refill your perscription for the other sprays so you can push that your doctor has only given you one perscription.

//hugs// Aw, I'm sorry to hear that sad.gif Dental work is rough, there there. //patpats// ♥ I hope things get better soon!

Update on my wrists: still not great. overdid it yesterday. today I'm going to try to go to town and get some better braces (the one I have is a wrap and not working out so well). also going to spend today off the computer as much as possible...

//hugs// Aw, I'm sorry to hear that! sad.gif I really hope your wrists get better. ♥

Just stay off the computer for now and focus on healing your wrists! I hope you can find a better brace ♥

//hugs// I'm sorry to hear that--is there any way you can get the new sample, or does your insurance pressure you into getting something else? The choice should be up to you; it's unfair of them to force something onto you.

//hugs// I'm sorry to hear that's happening--good luck with the doctor visit and I hope this matter is resolved for you soon! Best wishes ♥

Edited by Lady_Lunevis

I had mashed potatoes earlier. Right now Im trying to eat chips but I'm only using my left side because all the work was done on the right. I can still feel that it is sore when I chew and stuff though.

I told them at the beginning that it was too big and they brought in a smaller one but they took that one out and had to put the bigger one back in because the smaller was making it worse on them. THey kept telling me to breathe through my nose while they were working on me but I couldn't because I was lying flat. I can't breathe lying flat like that.

Sorry this was so rough for you.When I had fillings recently, I went through a similar problem with breathing (post-nasal drip and I couldn't close my mouth to swallow it and their sucky straw didn't get it) - and aside from the physical issues it can be very scary and emotionally draining. Mine all got finished that day and I was pretty glad about that - you have my sympathy at having to go through it again. I hope they'll be able next time to work on you in a less-flat position so you can breathe better.

... oh my gosh I had something I was going to say but it turned out to be the longest post ever. :\

summary husband wants divorce erfmnp?

... oh my gosh I had something I was going to say but it turned out to be the longest post ever. :\

summary husband wants divorce erfmnp?

//hugs// I'm so sorry to hear that, bae. My own parents went through a rather messy divorce and it was a hard time for us all.

Sometimes, things just don't work out. People change and time goes on and accepting facts can be hard. Even so, life will continue! Things will get better. Maybe you're not the person you were before this, nor are you as happy, but things do get better. First, we struggle. Then, we cope, and then finally, we can smile. ♥

Do you know for sure if this divorce is going through? How do you and your husband and you treat each other? Can you sit him down and talk about it? How long have you guys been married, and are there children involved?

Apologies for the sudden onslaught of questions, but it really does depend on the factors in a divorce. Things are hard for everyone.

//hugshgushgugs// I'm so sorry you're going thorugh this, bae. I can offer nothing but words but that I will give many. //hugs// I really hope things are okay, best wishes. ♥ Maybe it'll get better! ^^

No kids, erm I am SO BAD with dates and times so um three years maybe we've been married, and having known each other / dated a while before that. It's mostly not how we treat each other as much as it is my health issues making a huge impact on my and therefore his life and he feels like he can't live with me any more. We've talked, and are going to see together his counsellor tomorrow. I am trying to not feel like a horrible person.

Thank you so much for your reply <3

edit: Oh, forgot to say, he thinks it's pretty much a final decision although is willing to go to the counsellor and he talked with me about stuff that would need to change for it to work, which is good. I am basically coping by not thinking it is going to go through.

Edited by diaveborn

No kids, erm I am SO BAD with dates and times so um three years maybe we've been married, and having known each other / dated a while before that. It's mostly not how we treat each other as much as it is my health issues making a huge impact on my and therefore his life and he feels like he can't live with me any more. We've talked, and are going to see together his counsellor tomorrow. I am trying to not feel like a horrible person.

edit: Oh, forgot to say, he thinks it's pretty much a final decision although is willing to go to the counsellor and he talked with me about stuff that would need to change for it to work, which is good. I am basically coping by not thinking it is going to go through.

Its good that he's willing to go through counseling. The medical issues you have are not your fault and they are draining for everyone invovled.

Do your medical issues cause you to be semi- or totally reliable on him for things that infringe on him getting out and doing things that he wants? Perhaps (depending on the nature of the medical issues) you can look into training an adult friend who lives near by, get some sort of service animal(I have no clue what your medical issues are, but I'm assuming they are chronic and you have to rely on him for some things), does he have to remember any medication that you take when he goes to the store or can you have it delivered?

Medical issues are tough. I had to reconfigure my eating habits with one of mine and it drives my family insane sometimes. I hope it will work out just keep your chin up and listen to him and the counselor.

*nod* Thanks. I do think one of the things that has to happen is a lot more resources in place like what you're talking about. I've thought that for a while but things have been very slow getting into place but hopefully this will help pick up the pace.

Well, I thought I'd drop by with an update. After what happened Monday I had a talk with my older cousin, since she knew that I was really stressed and needed a good talk. I've set up a doctor's appointment to try and get him to refer me to someone who can help me with my depression, because it's obvious that I definitely have it. Last time the doctor said I was just lacking a social outlet and did nothing. I'm not too fond of my doctor, especially after that. Actually I wasn't fond of him since the day he told me I was worried over nothing when I lost 20 pounds in one month without doing anything. (Didn't change my diet, didn't exorcise, didn't do anything that would cause me to lose wait. it just happened) That should have told him something was wrong, but he said I was still at a normal weight. dry.gif

Eh, sorry. I got side-tracked. Anyway, Yesterday Mom called dad up on the phone and let loose. She told him straight up what his problem was and didn't hold any punches. She even got him to ADMIT he had a gambling addiction. What I love is how he tried to change the subject several times over bringing up mom's past mistakes that she made over 10-15 years ago. What that has anything to do with his problem I have no idea. Oh, and he tried to bring me into the argument and put me down by saying I do nothing but quote: "Sit on my fat ass all day long" Sorry, I didn't know 124lbs was considered fat. dry.gif

Mom did say that he said he'd have the bill paid by Friday, though how he's gonna do that I don't know, but whatever. I just know this weekend is going to be hell when he comes home. I already know I'll be brought into it again and he'll make me feel like censorkip.gifas always and put blame on me for not having a job and telling me to get out and look and say using the internet to look is a bull**** excuse to play games and...boy I could go on forever about all the ways he'll try to make me feel like crap all while yelling at me like I'm 10 years old. Yay! More verbal abuse, as if my self esteem wasn't low enough already right? Good thing I'm not depressed or anything, right? *headdesk*

Hopefully with my aunt coming for a visit will help keep the situation under control. She's taking me and mom out for the day which will be a very nice and much needed break. My aunt is just retiring from the Air Force after 30 years, which is amazing! So, that's one great thing to look forward to. biggrin.gif

Hopefully we won't lose our house and this may have scared him a little, hopefully enough for him to think twice about setting foot inside a casino. I know it won't scare him cold turkey, but if it can at least make him think twice about it, i'll be okay with that.

//hugs tightly// I'm really sorry to hear that things have been tough! I hope things work out, though. ♥ Maybe the counsellor will help? Fingers crossed, you never know!

It's not your fault, it really isn't. Sometimes things just don't work out and I'm so sorry for that, but such is life. ♥ You can't control issues having to do with your health and I'm sorry it's driven you two apart, but I really do wish for the best. ♥

//many hugs// Anytime! ♥ Best wishes.

Well, I thought I'd drop by with an update. After what happened Monday I had a talk with my older cousin, since she knew that I was really stressed and needed a good talk. I've set up a doctor's appointment to try and get him to refer me to someone who can help me with my depression, because it's obvious that I definitely have it. Last time the doctor said I was just lacking a social outlet and did nothing. I'm not too fond of my doctor, especially after that. Actually I wasn't fond of him since the day he told me I was worried over nothing when I lost 20 pounds in one month without doing anything. (Didn't change my diet, didn't exorcise, didn't do anything that would cause me to lose wait. it just happened) That should have told him something was wrong, but he said I was still at a normal weight.  dry.gif

Eh, sorry. I got side-tracked. Anyway, Yesterday Mom called dad up on the phone and let loose. She told him straight up what his problem was and didn't hold any punches. She even got him to ADMIT he had a gambling addiction. What I love is how he tried to change the subject several times over bringing up mom's past mistakes that she made over 10-15 years ago. What that has anything to do with his problem I have no idea. Oh, and he tried to bring me into the argument and put me down by saying I do nothing but quote: "Sit on my fat ass all day long" Sorry, I didn't know 124lbs was considered fat.  dry.gif

Mom did say that he said he'd have the bill paid by Friday, though how he's gonna do that I don't know, but whatever. I just know this weekend is going to be hell when he comes home. I already know I'll be brought into it again and he'll make me feel like censorkip.gif as always and put blame on me for not having a job and telling me to get out and look and say using the internet to look is a bull**** excuse to play games and...boy I could go on forever about all the ways he'll try to make me feel like crap all while yelling at me like I'm 10 years old. Yay! More verbal abuse, as if my self esteem wasn't low enough already right? Good thing I'm not depressed or anything, right? *headdesk*

Hopefully with my aunt coming for a visit will help keep the situation under control. She's taking me and mom out for the day which will be a very nice and much needed break. My aunt is just retiring from the Air Force after 30 years, which is amazing! So, that's one great thing to look forward to.  biggrin.gif

Hopefully we won't lose our house and this may have scared him a little, hopefully enough for him to think twice about setting foot inside a casino. I know it won't scare him cold turkey, but if it can at least make him think twice about it, i'll be okay with that.

//hugs// I'm glad you're seeking help! Depression really sucks, I'm sorry to hear that sad.gif I hope things get better soon! ♥

Argh your dad sounds awful. sad.gif I'm glad your mom finally got it through! Don't let him deter you--all he's doing is trying to deflect the attention from to someone else because he's made so many mistakes and having them come to light suddenly is scary. He's the one to blame here, not any of you.

You're not fat by any long shot, nor is being fat a wrong thing. Every body type is beautiful, no one has the right or should body shame. ♥

That's good to hear! ^^ I hope things are okay ♥

//hugs// I'm so sorry to hear that. Emotional abuse is awful and no one should ever be subject to such a thing sad.gif //hugs// Stay strong, okay? We're here for you to talk to and just remember that you are not what your father says. Sometimes, parents get it wrong and sometimes parents just aren't right. You're so much better and so much more worth what your dad says--stay strong! ♥

That's amazing! biggrin.gif Have fun with your aunt, she sounds like a cool person! I hope your day goes well ♥

//hugs// I really hope so. I hope you guys can get him some help, as well! Fingers crossed and wishing for the best. ♥ //hugs//

//hugs// I'm glad you're seeking help! Depression really sucks, I'm sorry to hear that sad.gif I hope things get better soon! ♥

Argh your dad sounds awful. sad.gif I'm glad your mom finally got it through! Don't let him deter you--all he's doing is trying to deflect the attention from to someone else because he's made so many mistakes and having them come to light suddenly is scary. He's the one to blame here, not any of you.

You're not fat by any long shot, nor is being fat a wrong thing. Every body type is beautiful, no one has the right or should body shame. ♥

That's good to hear! ^^ I hope things are okay ♥

//hugs// I'm so sorry to hear that. Emotional abuse is awful and no one should ever be subject to such a thing sad.gif //hugs// Stay strong, okay? We're here for you to talk to and just remember that you are not what your father says. Sometimes, parents get it wrong and sometimes parents just aren't right. You're so much better and so much more worth what your dad says--stay strong! ♥

That's amazing! biggrin.gif Have fun with your aunt, she sounds like a cool person! I hope your day goes well ♥

//hugs// I really hope so. I hope you guys can get him some help, as well! Fingers crossed and wishing for the best. ♥ //hugs//

Thank you, and for what you've said before as well. What everyone has said. You guys really helped me out and made me feel better when I was the most upset about it. I was so upset when I first started typing the other day and by the time I was done, I just felt numb and then you guys come along and offer all the support and kind words and it just....thank you.

The worst part is, he didn't used to be like this. I mean sure, he could be a grumpy grizzly bear sometimes, but it was never that bad. He needs to be scared. It might shock him back to reality. I will admit that I can be lazy, but there are so many things I could do that I haven't and if that's my main flaw, then I'm not doing too badly.

I totally agree with that, I was actually happy that I could still fit into an old pokemon shirt I had when I was 11. xd.png Sure, it showed my waist and my arms were a little tight, but at least it didn't rip and I didn't get stuck. xd.png

I hope they are too. You know, it really is amazing how much good simply talking about something can make you feel. Between you guys and my cousin I'm feeling more like my normal self again. Not quite back to normal, but definitely a step in the right direction. I've actually been depressed for a while, just trying to hide it online and try to be cheerful, but right at this moment...it's not that hard to smile.

Yeah, I know. If only he would stop comparing me to my sister when she has her fair share of problems (and bad habits/wrong choices and controlling issues) and stop calling me a lair when I know I'm not then I'd be able to let it fly right over my head, like water off a duck's back.

Oh yeah, my Aunt's awesome and I can't wait to see her on Sunday. I haven't seen her since I was...8? 9 maybe? Too long. *hugs back* Thanks for all your support. It really means a lot and it really helps. ♥

I think my air is out again because it feels really hot in my house again. I've felt hot all day though

Thank you, and for what you've said before as well. What everyone has said. You guys really helped me out and made me feel better when I was the most upset about it. I was so upset when I first started typing the other day and by the time I was done, I just felt numb and then you guys come along and offer all the support and kind words and it just....thank you.

The worst part is, he didn't used to be like this. I mean sure, he could be a grumpy grizzly bear sometimes, but it was never that bad. He needs to be scared. It might shock him back to reality. I will admit that I can be lazy, but there are so many things I could do that I haven't and if that's my main flaw, then I'm not doing too badly.

I totally agree with that, I was actually happy that I could still fit into an old pokemon shirt I had when I was 11. xd.png.png Sure, it showed my waist and my arms were a little tight, but at least it didn't rip and I didn't get stuck. xd.png.png

I hope they are too. You know, it really is amazing how much good simply talking about something can make you feel. Between you guys and my cousin I'm feeling more like my normal self again. Not quite back to normal, but definitely a step in the right direction. I've actually been depressed for a while, just trying to hide it online and try to be cheerful, but right at this moment...it's not that hard to smile.

Yeah, I know. If only he would stop comparing me to my sister when she has her fair share of problems (and bad habits/wrong choices and controlling issues) and stop calling me a lair when I know I'm not then I'd be able to let it fly right over my head, like water off a duck's back.

Oh yeah, my Aunt's awesome and I can't wait to see her on Sunday. I haven't seen her since I was...8? 9 maybe? Too long. *hugs back* Thanks for all your support. It really means a lot and it really helps. ♥

Anytime ♥ I'm here for support if you ever need it! //hugs//

//hugs// Shh shh it's okay. We all have our moments and it's okay to be sad--just let others make your happy. biggrin.gif Your smile is the most precious thing in the world to some!

//hugs// I'm sorry to hear that. sad.gif Death and addiction can really change a person--I hope you get your dad back soon. Let's hope it does!

//hugs// I understand; I'm lazy as well! You're correct; you aren't doing badly at all! Everyone feels the need to relax sometimes.

OmgLOL. Very nice! xd.png That's adorable to hear biggrin.gif At least you weren't stuck, yes! xd.png

That's true--talking really does wonders! ^^ I'm so glad to hear you're doing okay biggrin.gif //hugs more// Depression is hard, really hard. It's a battle to fight every day and it can hit at unexpected times, but there's always going to be people there for you, okay?

You don't have to hide it--in fact, please don't hide it. If you hide being sad for a long long time and attempt to be happy instead, all that sadness builds up and you can end up causing harm to yourself or the people who attempt to help you. Please don't hold it up when you're feeling sad--talk to someone you know will help you feel better. ♥

I'm glad! Please smile, your smile is beautiful no matter what. ♥

//hugs// I'm sorry to hear that |: Just try to ignore him to the best of your ability. Everyone has flaws and it's unfair of him to expect all of you to be perfect when he's a mess.

Aww that is too long! Your aunt sounds awesome, have fun!

//hugs// Again, anytime. ^^ I'm here if you ever need anything--have a good day! ♥

I think my air is out again because it feels really hot in my house again. I've felt hot all day though

//hugs// Summer weather, eh? Be sure to drink lots of water and keep hydrated! ♥

Friendly reminder that while this thread is for support and we would love to know how you are doing, please refrain from using this as a chat thread. smile.gif Thank you!

That was superstressful.

Come home from the supermarket to find a unit in our building on fire. I was worried sick because I live 3 floors up and one over and was concerned about smoke entering the unit and my pet bird being inside. Fortunately the fire was put out and when we snuck back in, (stairs 12 floors up was exhausting) got home to find our apartment smells of smoke, but the bird is okay. user posted image

I feel terrible for the family who lost their home/belongings. If I could help add to the donation pool, I would but times for me is very hard as well.

That was superstressful.

Come home from the supermarket to find a unit in our building on fire. I was worried sick because I live 3 floors up and one over and was concerned about smoke entering the unit and my pet bird being inside. Fortunately the fire was put out and when we snuck back in, (stairs 12 floors up was exhausting) got home to find our apartment smells of smoke, but the bird is okay. user posted image

I feel terrible for the family who lost their home/belongings. If I could help add to the donation pool, I would but times for me is very hard as well.

Oh god, I'm so sorry that happened! I hope everyone is okay ♥ I'm glad to hear your bird is okay!

I feel bad for the family as well--I hope they're managing okay! It's good the fire department got there before it was too bad.

//hugs// I understand, but times are hard for everyone. Just showing your concern and expressing your apologies is sometimes the only thing you can do--best wishes. ♥ It takes time, but soon everyone will recover from this fire. I hope things go smoothly from here on! ♥

My life has fallen apart

A year ago, I had a job I loves, was going to collage, life was wonderful. My mom got sick again, so I quit collage to take care of her. I still had my job, and life was still good.

About two months ago, I had had a late work meeting end at11, got home at 12. Got up at 4:30 to make it in time to my 6 am shift. I did my job, started home. Dozed off, rear ended a censorkip.gif tank suv in my tiny car. Totaled my car, knocked the bumper off of her car. She's now suing me. I had to quit my job, I was not making enough money to pay for another vehicle.

I got a job in the delli, I dislike my job, I bust my *** and my coworkers hate me because I try too hard.

This week. My mom is doing much worse.... and on top of all of this, I have to put down my dog, my baby. We live on a farm and he has gotten aggressive, and killing things. Shelters will not take him, and he dislikes anyone but me. And my favorite rabbit died, one of my baby show goat died..... just everything...

Not doing much better. Still crying myself to sleep at night over my dog. Work is awful, my coworkers hate me.